Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: GM feature added to zones  (Read 8942 times)

Hades

• View Profile
Re: GM feature added to zones
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 11:29:53 PM »

> (6h13m) <|雲|> Tom loses the next second, before slipping on an ice cube.

>(6h28m) <暁> 真 Bocchiere abuses this feature.

It's a good thing you can hover over names to see if it's legit or not.

How about we give this more than a day before making judgement calls? Let the 'newness' of it settle a bit and see what people actually use it for.

I will say again, I did not create this thread to try to make anything happen. Of course people are going to experiment with a new feature, and obviously you can deduce when a nameless post is a nameless post. My point was more that while experimenting is fine, posing as people is unnecessary and disrespectful, which is why it's abuse.

This thread is not an attempt to get the moderators to alter, edit, or remove the feature in anyway.

It's an open thread so different people can voice their opinions and thoughts on this, that way the moderators have one place they can look to when they consider this. If you want the newness to settle before voicing an opinion, then by all means do so for yourself before voicing yours. Nobody is requiring you to post and nobody is demanding action from you, or anyone else.

Kyutu - Super King -

• Yep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 11:33:10 PM »

> (6h13m) <|雲|> Tom loses the next second, before slipping on an ice cube.

>(6h28m) <暁> 真 Bocchiere abuses this feature.

It's a good thing you can hover over names to see if it's legit or not.

How about we give this more than a day before making judgement calls? Let the 'newness' of it settle a bit and see what people actually use it for.

I will say again, I did not create this thread to try to make anything happen. Of course people are going to experiment with a new feature, and obviously you can deduce when a nameless post is a nameless post. My point was more that while experimenting is fine, posing as people is unnecessary and disrespectful, which is why it's abuse.

This thread is not an attempt to get the moderators to alter, edit, or remove the feature in anyway.

It's an open thread so different people can voice their opinions and thoughts on this, that way the moderators have one place they can look to when they consider this. If you want the newness to settle before voicing an opinion, then by all means do so for yourself before voicing yours. Nobody is requiring you to post and nobody is demanding action from you, or anyone else.

I am posting my opinion. It's to give it time to see how it actually turns out before trying to decided on whether to limit or expand it. More or less, I'm trying to point out how hasty the discussion on here has already been judgement-wise one way or the other.
>INB4 banned for opinions.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 11:47:32 PM »

We're not pulling stuff out of our asses here. We base our concerns on how the community of SL is. It will without a doubt be abused. While it's not persistent right now it will be.

Nameless /game is going to be an issue.

So you're punishing people before they've done anything truly 'wrong' because you know how they are?

Yeah, pretty much. I totally agree with Shadow, we're terrible people a majority of the time.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2014, 05:09:02 AM »

The feature seems great. But it's downfall is the anonymity which comes with it.

It's a simple solution really. Just have the original poster's name show up when hovering your mouse over the text (the same thing which is done when you hover your mouse over a logged-in mod's name on the front page). Or, have the post/text link to the poster's profile.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2014, 08:07:29 AM »

The feature seems great. But it's downfall is the anonymity which comes with it.

It's a simple solution really. Just have the original poster's name show up when hovering your mouse over the text (the same thing which is done when you hover your mouse over a logged-in mod's name on the front page). Or, have the post/text link to the poster's profile.

Wouldn't it be more characteristic for us, as RPers, to accept only certain usages of the feature? To describe the weather or something of that nature, and not to accept a nameless post when doing character actions?

I mean, we have voided stuff for less. I say nip part of the main issue of impersonation by disallowing unamed character posts from being considered legitimate. If your name isn't next to it, then IC-wise, you didn't do it. If it causes GM intervention for whatever reason, then that's a different story behind the scenes that the GM's can deal with.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2014, 12:23:22 PM »

> (8h59m) The moon howls at the wolf. Bark
> (5h55m) Naruto uses Rasendori and pwns everybody.

These two lines?
Are you really making a fuss over these two lines?

(22h10m) The moon howls at the wolf. Bark
 (19h6m) Naruto uses Rasendori and pwns everybody.
 (8h25m) ^@%$ no
 (8h25m) Before anyone guesses, that is not a curse word
 (6h25m) already guessed.
 (3h29m) spams as well
 (2h59m) : A large flock of crows in the numbers of the twenties appear out of the sky waiting for someone it seems.
 (1h41m) The crows all poop on Zenaku and Bocchiere because they're crows and don't give a toss about anybody here.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2014, 12:30:09 PM »

These two lines?

(8h25m) ^@%$ no
 (6h25m) already guessed.
 (3h29m) spams as well
 (2h59m) : A large flock of crows in the numbers of the twenties appear out of the sky waiting for someone it seems.
 (1h41m) The crows all poop on Zenaku and Bocchiere because they're crows and don't give a toss about anybody here.

Wa-wait...Was...was I right. Me, I, Shadow was right? OMFG. The world is coming to and end!

#I'malwaysright
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rinoa

• View Profile
    • >.> You stalker. >.O
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 04:33:13 AM »

These two lines?

(8h25m) ^@%$ no
 (6h25m) already guessed.
 (3h29m) spams as well

Wa-wait...Was...was I right. Me, I, Shadow was right? OMFG. The world is coming to and end!

#I'malwaysright

I was waiting for someone to post that. >->;
~~ The Epic Moments on AIM ~~
Me: You're the bigger one. You should be making me less bored.
Shikki: Just because I'm big doesn't mean I have to entertain you. ... Wait. That sounded wrong.
--
>> Gotta love little big sis and big lil' bro moments.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 07:29:52 AM »

48 hours in.

(26m50s) <暁> 真 Bocchiere is a massive bundle of sticks, "Please rape my face."

This is gonna go great. I can tell.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2014, 11:19:39 AM »

48 hours in.

(fightingzone-7) [06/13 09:02am] <♪> Uchiha Kamui says, "If I have to delete that same comment one more time...ban."

I already got my work cut out for me. :oops:

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2014, 12:51:39 PM »

48 hours in.

(fightingzone-7) [06/13 09:02am] <♪> Uchiha Kamui says, "If I have to delete that same comment one more time...ban."

I already got my work cut out for me. :oops:

Banhammer away!  :D Show those jerks what happens when they try to screw something up for the rest of us.  :twisted:
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2014, 06:30:59 PM »

I seriously agree that person should be banned. That is blatant sexual harassment and after I got Rinoa to remove it the first time it was posted again within 20 mins.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2014, 11:43:57 PM »

Staff will be moderating those who abuse the GM function and comments that are inappropriate will be either deleted and/or that user whom posted it will be banned. No stop-backs.

The rules are instated there for a reason.

If those users want to ruin everyone's fun, I can do the same by simply doing my job. ;)

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2014, 04:41:44 AM »

Staff will be moderating those who abuse the GM function and comments that are inappropriate will be either deleted and/or that user whom posted it will be banned. No stop-backs.

If those users want to ruin everyone's fun, I can do the same by simply doing my job. ;)

Now break out the Derpy army.  8)

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2014, 04:56:10 AM »

Not sure if it's the players just joking around or not, but I'm seeing (in zones 1 with Warren, 5 with Hono, 8 with Naraku, and 10 with Shadow) the "(WORLD)" indicator on player posts. Is the "/game" command doing this accidentally somehow?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 1.084 seconds with 16 queries.