Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: GM feature added to zones  (Read 8940 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: GM feature added to zones
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2014, 05:36:08 AM »

Staff will be moderating those who abuse the GM function and comments that are inappropriate will be either deleted and/or that user whom posted it will be banned. No stop-backs.

The rules are instated there for a reason.

If those users want to ruin everyone's fun, I can do the same by simply doing my job. ;)

I know, so I'm saying that person should be banned immediately for sexual harassment. I feel like if I said someone was a bundle of sticks I would get in trouble for it. No less saying it, getting it deleted, only to immediately post it again.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2014, 04:44:32 PM »

Staff will be moderating those who abuse the GM function and comments that are inappropriate will be either deleted and/or that user whom posted it will be banned. No stop-backs.

If those users want to ruin everyone's fun, I can do the same by simply doing my job. ;)

I know, so I'm saying that person should be banned immediately for sexual harassment. I feel like if I said someone was a bundle of sticks I would get in trouble for it. No less saying it, getting it deleted, only to immediately post it again.

Have to agree here kinda? Anywho a mod deleted it and the person reposted it right after with NO punishment? Nah, mute the guys or something.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Styx

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2014, 04:06:09 AM »

Not sure if it's the players just joking around or not, but I'm seeing (in zones 1 with Warren, 5 with Hono, 8 with Naraku, and 10 with Shadow) the "(WORLD)" indicator on player posts. Is the "/game" command doing this accidentally somehow?

No, that's what Neji added to the feature to further show that the /game command is being used.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2014, 05:22:24 AM »

Not sure if it's the players just joking around or not, but I'm seeing (in zones 1 with Warren, 5 with Hono, 8 with Naraku, and 10 with Shadow) the "(WORLD)" indicator on player posts. Is the "/game" command doing this accidentally somehow?

No, that's what Neji added to the feature to further show that the /game command is being used.

That's what I'm saying. I'm seeing posts that are clearly from players, because the name link works, so it's not someone faking it with a nameless post, yet the nameless post indication was also at the end of their post. I was wondering if that was a glitch, but I'm under the impression that they thought adding that to their posts was funny for some reason.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2014, 05:34:36 AM »

So... the /game command now removes your name and tacks something onto the end of the post that is easily more jarring than the name being there. So the feature is now pointless.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2014, 05:50:21 AM »

I think the (GAME0 or (WORLD) whatever it is now should be a popup text window. Like on the homepage when you put your mouse over the staff members it tells their job. Just use that feature when above the unnamed posted text.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2014, 05:52:43 AM »

I think the (GAME0 or (WORLD) whatever it is now should be a popup text window. Like on the homepage when you put your mouse over the staff members it tells their job. Just use that feature when above the unnamed posted text.

That is also completely pointless. The same effect is achieved by hovering over the name and noticing it is not clickable.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2014, 01:51:50 PM »

That was a bug, as you'd now know if you had read the MoTD. It was supposed to only appear after the /game messages, not normal ones, to differentiate member made ones from GMs, prevent posing as someone, etc.

I'd have preferred the time-stamp esque optional sort to show the poster name, but this is nice too in a way.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2014, 03:35:04 PM »

That was a bug, as you'd now know if you had read the MoTD. It was supposed to only appear after the /game messages, not normal ones, to differentiate member made ones from GMs, prevent posing as someone, etc.

I'd have preferred the time-stamp esque optional sort to show the poster name, but this is nice too in a way.

Yes, I understand how it works. Oliver/Neji never said anything addressing that glitch in either of the MotD posts regarding the addition/correction of the nameless posting feature, and I do read them, so don't just accuse me of not doing so. Thus I had no evidence to discern whether it was glitching (I assumed this) or if the players were typing it into the ends of their posts themselves, as people have been doing that as well.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2014, 04:09:41 PM »

No need to be so touchy, wasn't accusing you of anything o_O either way, he did address it after I mentioned it in MoTD comments. Its been fixed now, so normal posts are normal again.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2014, 11:05:20 PM »

No need to be so touchy, wasn't accusing you of anything o_O either way, he did address it after I mentioned it in MoTD comments. Its been fixed now, so normal posts are normal again.

My apologies. Perhaps it was just the way it sounded with my mind's voice, but the statement about me supposedly not reading the MotD sounded accusatory to me. Either way, that doesn't give me a right to be defensive, or insulting or disrespectful in response to you. Please forgive that.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2014, 12:00:18 AM »

Nightfall may just be the new Raifudo, except nicer.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2014, 05:08:24 AM »

I found him first! He's all mine!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2014, 05:30:09 AM »

I found him first! He's all mine!

Oh plz, when night falls, it's Nara time.  8)

So anymore oddities with the feature?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.