Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

Time limit or post limit on the tournament discussion.

5 days to post
12 posts max
Something else besides those two. (Please post it)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Bijuu rules modification: RECALL Edition  (Read 16602 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu rules modification: RECALL Edition
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 08:54:31 AM »

Well cheaters will cheat. And there is no way around it. So I say if that is how you have to be, go for it. I don't think we need to be making up a butt tons of rules to punish people who are not cheaters just incase some cheaters are around. This isn't the launch codes to the missile silos we are talking about but a game.

So how about this...considering how low activity is and all.

You let anyone join the tourney.

You get 2 weeks to get the thing organized, not completed. That is a fairy tale and won't ever happen.

And then whoever wins has the beasty. And then they start their grace period. All OOC.

What parameters will be for the tourny fight?

KG? Implants? Any restrictions at all or just come as you are?

And...I suggest this.

No bitching. You just fight back and forth 12 posts each. Then it is done. The match is read. A winner named and they go to round 2 to wait for an opponent. Have the tourney here for the ease of the judge reading.

No voiding allowed. You gotta figure out how to deal with what you get...for a change. We used to do that you know, when someone auto hit us we just wrote it out of our reply and moved on.

Second-to-last time I did that I still got auto-hit due to a ruling, as supposedly I should have contested a post that I saw as unfair instead of just proceeding. I presume then that we will not be having that be policy in these tourneys? Not to mention what if someone completely auto-dodges something clearly not so easily dodgeable by the way they composed? Are we permitted to bitch then and get a repost done?

And 2 weeks was only for the local ones, as they, in theory, it is merely an option in case a village would want to do it that way. I believe it will be a "come as you are" kind of thing for the sake of simplicity.

What Eric said. Also 12 post fight seems boring as hell. What about those of us that like to drag out or fight cause that is our fighting style to tire out the opponent. I say make them death matches. 12 post to me just seems pointless. Hell you may want to toy with your opponent some.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2014, 03:22:18 PM »

Well cheaters will cheat. And there is no way around it. So I say if that is how you have to be, go for it. I don't think we need to be making up a butt tons of rules to punish people who are not cheaters just incase some cheaters are around. This isn't the launch codes to the missile silos we are talking about but a game.

So how about this...considering how low activity is and all.

You let anyone join the tourney.

You get 2 weeks to get the thing organized, not completed. That is a fairy tale and won't ever happen.

And then whoever wins has the beasty. And then they start their grace period. All OOC.

What parameters will be for the tourny fight?

KG? Implants? Any restrictions at all or just come as you are?

And...I suggest this.

No bitching. You just fight back and forth 12 posts each. Then it is done. The match is read. A winner named and they go to round 2 to wait for an opponent. Have the tourney here for the ease of the judge reading.

No voiding allowed. You gotta figure out how to deal with what you get...for a change. We used to do that you know, when someone auto hit us we just wrote it out of our reply and moved on.

Second-to-last time I did that I still got auto-hit due to a ruling, as supposedly I should have contested a post that I saw as unfair instead of just proceeding. I presume then that we will not be having that be policy in these tourneys? Not to mention what if someone completely auto-dodges something clearly not so easily dodgeable by the way they composed? Are we permitted to bitch then and get a repost done?

And 2 weeks was only for the local ones, as they, in theory, it is merely an option in case a village would want to do it that way. I believe it will be a "come as you are" kind of thing for the sake of simplicity.

What Eric said. Also 12 post fight seems boring as hell. What about those of us that like to drag out or fight cause that is our fighting style to tire out the opponent. I say make them death matches. 12 post to me just seems pointless. Hell you may want to toy with your opponent some.

12 posts per person should be plenty, even if you want to toy around with your opponent some. I mean, we are talking three actions per post (excluding intro posts, which I don't think are included in the count) with a total of 12 posts, meaning a max of about 36 actions per person. I think that is plenty, especially considering how timely we want these tourneys to be done.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2014, 06:22:32 PM »

Hmmm, Kay is onto something here. I wouldn't say 12 posts per person, but perhaps maybe a week max per round (maybe even five?) before someone decides the winner? I say this, because if during a match two people are active and on all day, don't limit them to 12 posts. Reward them for their activity, let them go at it! Though I do see the point in 12 posts to speed things up, which i why I recommend after a week, if a match is not finished, then a winner would be announced (This would mean with 4 rounds, it would take a month maximum).

As for restrictions, I'm not thinking any. KG, implants, all are fair game. Use whatever powers you have available to win.

As in regards to my opinion on voiding, here is my opinion. They should be allowed to void something if it is unreasonable. However I would further propose this rule. If you have multiple posts invalid, you get dq'd. Basically if you are getting constantly told to repost (perhaps after the second or third time) you are not skilled enough in formatting your post and should not hold a tailed beast, thus are dq'd. This would point people to not being so ridiculous with their posts. Perhaps have a similar deal if someone is being a crybaby and trying to void posts that are legit? Just food for though.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2014, 07:25:58 PM »

I read everything and I really have nothing to add, except; 12 posts is too low. Like Trev how about a week length in which any amount of posts is allowed. Voiding IS allowed, why the hell wouldn't it be? That's what the judges are for.

As for alts I know just about every single alt on this game you think I'm joking, but I'm not. There are easy ways to find out and if I don't know Genesis or someone else will so I'll try to employ their help if need be. However alts shouldn't be as big of an issue. You're welcome~

Anywho sadly I am not going to be able to post or read much for the next week or so due to HEAVY workload. If one of you would please try to sum it up each  day that'd be nice, if not, that's fine to. If something is voted on to be added I will add it when I'm back. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2014, 03:35:34 AM »

I still feel like 12 is too low, and would say they get a good five  or seven days. (If someone wanted to, they could take way longer to do 12 post, as long as they posted every two, three days, just a thought, but I see your point.) I'll also maintain my position regarding the voiding. So I guess we differ on these options. We'll just have to wait for more opinions!  :D

I don't think anyone said a village has to hurry up a tourney precisely. But if a village is handling a tourney, people don't want them to go at the end of a two week biju inactivity to go "oh, we're just deciding to setup now and are reviewing things." Rather at the end of two weeks, already have a clear plan of action and how to proceed relatively soon. At least that's my take of it. I could care less if a local tourney last a month or so, as long as they weren't trying to bs it like the last day or something.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2014, 05:16:44 AM »

I'm agreeing with Trev. No 12 posts as a 'show off'. I don't really get that. I can make a very detailed 12 + post and call it good. That does not show my battle prowess at all to any degree. Bijuu and the hosts are tools of war, you can't base all the categories (Ability to foresee attacks, set traps, ect) of battle off 12 posts. At least that's my opinion.

ALSO we can't base it just off battling either. They HAVE TO BE ACTIVE. That's a big issue we have now. If the person doesn't regularly get on, I don't care if they're a combo of Zenaku, Trev, Darkshinobi, Raifudo, Shinro, and Bocc; They cannot obtain the bijuu.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2014, 06:30:21 AM »

.... a combo of Zenaku, Trev, Darkshinobi, Raifudo, Shinro, and Bocc.....

I wanna fight that guy, just saying.

So basically those of use who have full time jobs will not be permitted to host a tailed beast. I say this because lets be honest most of use are growing up. We can't get on everyday all day like we could when we were younger. I take myself as a prime example... I was in fact the most active person at SL at one point in time (I stand by that assumption :P ) but these days I can't get on to do my old methods because I work 40+ hours a week, travel to see my girl friend, and enjoy getting wasted.

I'd rather have the 12 post thing than a week to fight. Some of us may not even be able to get in 12 post a week. Say if I was facing someone from Europe who also has a full time job and what not. We could really only do one post a day each cause we wouldn't be on at the same time and would have to wait to get in from work each day to post a reply.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2014, 08:58:02 AM »

So basically those of use who have full time jobs will not be permitted to host a tailed beast. I say this because lets be honest most of use are growing up. We can't get on everyday all day like we could when we were younger. I take myself as a prime example... I was in fact the most active person at SL at one point in time (I stand by that assumption :P ) but these days I can't get on to do my old methods because I work 40+ hours a week, travel to see my girl friend, and enjoy getting wasted.

I'd rather have the 12 post thing than a week to fight. Some of us may not even be able to get in 12 post a week. Say if I was facing someone from Europe who also has a full time job and what not. We could really only do one post a day each cause we wouldn't be on at the same time and would have to wait to get in from work each day to post a reply.

Okay here's the issue, while I get that you have a life and all the other things that come with it, you need to realize while you may want/deserve it you may not be able to have it. That being a host has a 2 week inactive span, but if you constantly only get on once every 2 weeks just to loophole the rules I will strip your ass. (Haha)

Look if you're on once every 3 days and take the time to post and such, I don't mind. Once a week? No. Long as it's like a schedule; Sat, an hour on Mon and 1 1/2 on Thursday I like it. If you can post and abide by the rules. Not asking a lot.

And this is where I have to deal with the inactive issue. Starting later today... it's like 3 am here; I will be working a 11-12 hour shift for the next 10 days and add sleep of at least 7 hours then I have to do other things That's like 6 hours max. I am still going to get on SL if I can everyday. if only for a few mins and post.

So if I cannot get on the forums(I'll get on sl at least) I am again asking one of you to sum it up if you'd be so kind to. I wish you all good luck on the things that may or may not progress without me.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2014, 01:42:13 PM »

Okay here's the issue, while I get that you have a life and all the other things that come with it, you need to realize while you may want/deserve it you may not be able to have it. That being a host has a 2 week inactive span, but if you constantly only get on once every 2 weeks just to loophole the rules I will strip your ass. (Haha)

Look if you're on once every 3 days and take the time to post and such, I don't mind. Once a week? No. Long as it's like a schedule; Sat, an hour on Mon and 1 1/2 on Thursday I like it. If you can post and abide by the rules. Not asking a lot.

And this is where I have to deal with the inactive issue. Starting later today... it's like 3 am here; I will be working a 11-12 hour shift for the next 10 days and add sleep of at least 7 hours then I have to do other things That's like 6 hours max. I am still going to get on SL if I can everyday. if only for a few mins and post.

So if I cannot get on the forums(I'll get on sl at least) I am again asking one of you to sum it up if you'd be so kind to. I wish you all good luck on the things that may or may not progress without me.

Now Shadow, though it is a loophole in the rules, saying that once every two weeks is not valid is not really all that fair. People do have lives, and though we do not want too lively of people having the tailed beast, let's be reasonable. If it falls within the time of the rules, then so be it. Once every two weeks they fulfill said obligation/ritual, I say let 'em keep it.

RL comes first. That's always been the stated and unsaid rule among SL, and that isn't going to change anytime soon. If you can't get on at least once every two weeks, then you just can't have a tailed beast. If you can get on at least once every two weeks, then even if stretching it, it's fair that you can host a beast. Granted, that would make fights against said party very difficult, but unless we reduced the time in which a host has to be active to a week or something, then that is just the way it is.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2014, 09:04:56 PM »

Now Shadow, though it is a loophole in the rules, saying that once every two weeks is not valid is not really all that fair. People do have lives, and though we do not want too lively of people having the tailed beast, let's be reasonable. If it falls within the time of the rules, then so be it. Once every two weeks they fulfill said obligation/ritual, I say let 'em keep it.

RL comes first. That's always been the stated and unsaid rule among SL, and that isn't going to change anytime soon. If you can't get on at least once every two weeks, then you just can't have a tailed beast. If you can get on at least once every two weeks, then even if stretching it, it's fair that you can host a beast. Granted, that would make fights against said party very difficult, but unless we reduced the time in which a host has to be active to a week or something, then that is just the way it is.

Eric, I've said several times that I understand people have lives outside of sl and have said myself RL > SL. However, that being said, if your life is so busy you have to let go of the beast.

Also are you condoning a loophole? This whole topic is made to abolish those. Like I said once every two weeks and I will move to strip you, whoever it may be. You're giving pretty basic input here and I whole heartily disagree with you. Once every two weeks is not okay. And that's worse if that person is being hunted/in a fight. It stops the rp of those other people and is very very very rude if you know you are not being right by logging in just to not lose the bijuu instead of letting other people who are active have it.

What I'm trying to say is know when you cannot have it anymore.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2014, 09:47:06 PM »

Well unfortunately once every two weeks is the current rule. So you need to change that then.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2014, 09:50:18 PM »

Well unfortunately once every two weeks is the current rule. So you need to change that then.

Pretty sure I can strip it even then due to constant in-activeness. The reason it is two weeks is in the case something pops up and they have time to recuperate. It is not there to be abused and that is the exact same argument I will make to strip them. They are abusing the time limit not because they have real issues to attend to, but because they know they have to be on only once every 2 weeks.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2014, 10:01:05 PM »

Pretty sure I can strip it even then due to constant in-activeness. The reason it is two weeks is in the case something pops up and they have time to recuperate. It is not there to be abused and that is the exact same argument I will make to strip them. They are abusing the time limit not because they have real issues to attend to, but because they know they have to be on only once every 2 weeks.

That's not abuse then, you just don't like it. It isn't a loophole, it is explicitly what the rule states.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2014, 10:02:39 PM »

That's not abuse then, you just don't like it. It isn't a loophole, it is explicitly what the rule states.

So everyone besides me is in favor of this loophole then?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2014, 11:01:09 PM »

So everyone besides me is in favor of this loophole then?

How about this. We make it a week instead of two weeks, and permit a week's extension if something comes up, and if folks are made aware of it before time is up.

It's not that we do not like the loophole, it's that, unless the rule is changed, then legitimately stripping people for technically following the rules would be, technically, wrong since, by our own admission, we allowed it (after all, the rule did state at least once every fortnight or something to that flavor).

If we shorten the time and have extra space to grant extensions for special cases, or if we separate needed activity during a fight and needed activity outside of a fight, then that would probably help reduce the impact of said loophole.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 23 queries.