Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Power  (Read 3663 times)

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
Power
« on: July 14, 2014, 09:55:53 AM »

One doesn't need to obtain everyone power imaginable to become the best, most skillful, and feared person in SL. I've known people who only have used Kenjustu to best those with the visual sight, Sharingan and what not.

Having almost ever known chakra nature and justu doesn't make you suddenly noticed. Maybe by those who are in that same mindset, but not by those who've been around for ages. *cough* *cough*

I've seen these types of people popping up all around these days and I frankly don't understand it. Why must one think that having all these chakra natures, eyes, justu, trying to make themselves a god and suddenly become invincible, needed? Being that type of character is absolutely boring. I've had characters die on me in the past and let me tell you, fun all the way through.

Though this is just my opinion. I'd be interested in hearing what you folks have to say if anything. Please let's try to keep this as civil as possible.  8)
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Power
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:36:10 AM »

All opinion based; that being those people who rp 'god' characters are boring. A lot are, but some are not.

As for the dojutsu, chakra natures, ect. I am one for it DOES make you more powerful. I don't see why others would argue against that fact. If I have someone fire a spirit bomb at me I can use a path from rinnegan to absorb it. Without that path I'd have to pull something out of my ass to dodge/deflect it. The push/pull of Deva is useful also. Having every chakra nature allows you to hundreds of jutsus instead of only having Doton and Katon, which would lessen the number you could chose from. If I have EMS I can use kamui which is overused due to it's OP'ness. Mokuton can block against anything you can throw at it. 8 gates at 7+ opened is just overkill (literally) Sage mode is your character on roids and then some.

Point of the matter is that KG does indeed make you stronger.

Those are who I call mediocre players. They have 16 resets and use them all and that's their character base.

To move beyond that requires more than resets or none at all.

In my opinion to be truly good at rp you need analytic skills, a good vocabulary, extensive knowledge of words (wordsmith) and extensive knowledge of the rp you are partaking in. (Know a lot about Naruto)
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 03:28:20 PM »

...Having almost ever known chakra nature and justu doesn't make you suddenly noticed...

Well, that is not longer a unique thing, so no, that doesn't get you noticed anymore. :P

Someone claiming that prior to the introduction of the Rinnegan to the realm might would have gotten some attention, be it positive or negative.

But anyways, on topic, as someone who has crafted shadow imitation jutsu to fit the standards of the day, I have to say, versatility is very important in zoning. Not having a diverse arsenal is a guaranteed way to get caught with your pants down at some point (still haven't figured out a proper Kamui counter for Eric yet on that note).

And of course, I pose this question as well in response: What else is there to do nowadays? Either you stack up to compete (with custom or canon stuff) or get better to take your chances with lesser means. And, to be frank community, aint nobody got time for the latter anymore.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 04:22:35 PM »

In my opinion to be truly good at rp you need analytic skills, a good vocabulary, extensive knowledge of words (wordsmith) and extensive knowledge of the rp you are partaking in. (Know a lot about Naruto)

I find it hard to make a good detailed post with only being limited to 230 characters, which quite frankly isn't a lot before you have add something singling you are adding more and continue off what you wanted to add.

You already are minus 1 by adding the ":" in the start. Want to add a color, that is minus 2 (each time mind you, and most use different color for talking and actions). Anything with quotes can be minus 1 or 2 depending if you ran out of room before the end of it.

To make this short I would honestly try to suggest to get Neji to increase the character limit to something around 500-700. I know that may cause problems or people may not like it due to the nostalgic value to the short character limit, but I feel it will help in the long run.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 08:37:06 PM »

I think that being considered "powerful" is all about what you actually do in role-play.

Zexyō has a lot of resets and plays a pretty typical Shari/Rinne/Moku character. Yes he can beat up little girls really easily, but put him in a pit with Sabu and I'd bet Chōmei that I'd win. Not cause I have a better character build but because I'm a good fighter who knows my character and how to use him.

Do you guys think I'm powerful? I mean I got the Chōmei but never even raised a fist to fight for it. I just had one of my flies bite Shinkō then Nightfall ingested it and wham-bam thank you ma'am. It was a sneaky, underhanded move on my part that totally worked out in the end.
Strategy is still a part of fighting, but it's easier for people to just claim every element and three insane kekkai genkai, because then even if they suck at strategy they have a bunch of moves to throw out on a whim to keep them alive.

So yeah you guys can moan and groan about "back when Part I" or "it was better before '07" but you're flat out wrong. Strategy is extremely important nowadays because if you don't have any you'll just get stomped thanks to so many "god-like" shinobi running around who can actually think three or four moves ahead.

Having nuclear bombs doesn't mean you can drop them willy nilly on random countries you don't like, nor does having multiple KG and insane amounts of jutsu and blah blah mean that you can just own everybody or you're powerful.
Both require planning and thought and a lot of effort, no matter what.

One more thing:
Sabu's pretty stacked, but I like it. I did it just because I felt like having a customized "god" character, and I even gave him a bit of a god-complex. Why? Because it's hella fun. It's so damn enjoyable to have a bunch of customized weapons and tons of jutsu and the Hōzumaki bloodline and an implanted byakugan and kenjutsu and fuinjutsu and Chōmei and blah blah blah the point being I did it because I felt like it, and I wanted to. He could and can and will still die, but his level of skill and the way he behaves implies that his death will be a badass one, which I also really like.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 02:42:35 AM »

I find it hard to make a good detailed post with only being limited to 230 characters, which quite frankly isn't a lot before you have add something singling you are adding more and continue off what you wanted to add.

You already are minus 1 by adding the ":" in the start. Want to add a color, that is minus 2 (each time mind you, and most use different color for talking and actions). Anything with quotes can be minus 1 or 2 depending if you ran out of room before the end of it.

To make this short I would honestly try to suggest to get Neji to increase the character limit to something around 500-700. I know that may cause problems or people may not like it due to the nostalgic value to the short character limit, but I feel it will help in the long run.

I do believe multi-posting is allowed in rp. I don't get the issue here. I'd rather have it be split up into sections actually. Makes it easier to read and write in my opinion instead of just drifting out and going on a mindless post. 1 post is limited to 230 characters or whatever, but I wasn't specifying it as 1 post, but rp as a whole no matter how many posts.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 04:35:36 AM »

I do believe multi-posting is allowed in rp. I don't get the issue here. I'd rather have it be split up into sections actually. Makes it easier to read and write in my opinion instead of just drifting out and going on a mindless post. 1 post is limited to 230 characters or whatever, but I wasn't specifying it as 1 post, but rp as a whole no matter how many posts.

When you type : before your post, the limit pops up to 250 (249 since you typed : already)

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 03:56:57 PM »

On the topic of people being OP, people want all the power in the world so they are basically God of the realm and will try to find every loophole to do so. It is a such big issue to the point I been thinking of creating an unofficial "Banned/Restricted" list for everything that is highly frowned upon (like Swift Release) and things that only a certain number of people are permitted to use (Edo-Tensei).

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 06:37:27 PM »

On the topic of people being OP, people want all the power in the world so they are basically God of the realm and will try to find every loophole to do so. It is a such big issue to the point I been thinking of creating an unofficial "Banned/Restricted" list for everything that is highly frowned upon (like Swift Release) and things that only a certain number of people are permitted to use (Edo-Tensei).

Is it needed? No one uses Swift Release, and no one (for very long anyway) claims Edo or Hiraishin.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 06:50:27 PM »

Is it needed? No one uses Swift Release, and no one (for very long anyway) claims Edo or Hiraishin.

Swift release was just an example there are others that are just as bad or even worse. Same goes with the restricted examples.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 06:55:39 PM »

Swift release was just an example there are others that are just as bad or even worse. Same goes with the restricted examples.

Oh I'm sure. I wouldn't mind completely banning Substitution and Temporary Paralysis for instance.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 07:15:07 PM »

Wow. Nope. Nope. Noooooooooooope.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Rinnegan_Shifting_Technique
Claimed that just so it can't be used. <<

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 12:55:20 AM »

Wow. Nope. Nope. Noooooooooooope.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Rinnegan_Shifting_Technique
Claimed that just so it can't be used. <<

Claim it so no one can use it but you, eh? We went through this before with Rinbo Hengoku.

As for the topic itself, well...when a shounen manga adds more powerful techniques, people will flock to claim it before everyone else can.
More claims equals more power nowadays...it's a sad revelation for those who use skill to RP on this site.

You'll need to metagame to out-troll the god-moding user these days.
But this is my two cents on the subject.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 02:37:07 AM »

Ha, I was under the impression that ALL jutsu that is basically under 'godmod' category is void onward from chapter 600 or something since Kishi is just pulling shit out of his ass now that would kill sl rp even more. Like the rinnegan invisible clones and such. It's ludicrous to even try to rp with or against that. Every technique from chapter 600 or 630 or whatever = void?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 07:01:53 AM »

I thought power at SL was having more gems, gold, oro kills, kabuto kills, special in game stuff, and things of that sort? Oh wait this is modern day SL... carry on.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 16 queries.