Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Bijuu Rules Question  (Read 19748 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Rules Question
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2014, 10:42:53 AM »

As for the Host has the most say, I'm still in favor of it. I'll refine my template.

Character |
Shadow

Bijuu |
Nibi (Two tails)

Preferred Judge(s) | [Both parties have to agree]
Darkshinobi
Trev
Kamui

Rules |
To be decided by Shadow and challenger

OCC or IC |
To be decided by Shadow and challenger

Fixed rules that cannot be decided by host or challenger |

If challenged IC the host CANNOT decline and must battle.
If challenged OCC the host CAN refuse if plausible clause is shown.
Fight has to take place in a PUBLIC area such as a zone preferably.
At least one judge has to be picked for the fight. If neither can come to an agreement on who they want both can choose 1 judge each.

Activity |

While not in a fight the host MUST post once a fortnight anywhere in public that they want. (No private areas) They must stay there for a FULL day. 24 hours.

Once a year the host can play the emergency card. This allows them a whole month (30/31) days until they have to post. (Excluding in the middle of a battle)

While in a fight both host and challenger have a time frame of 1 week (7 days) to post unless changed.

Things that may extend the time frame of posting |

A judge decision is being made.
Something in real life suddenly happens to either party. (Emergencies) Both can extend their posting time frame by (1) week ONCE.

If the time frame is not abided by |

Dependent on what the participants chose...

If OOC the match is canceled (basically) and things go back to normal.
If the challenger 'timed' out. They'll have to wait 2 months 'probation' before they can challenge another host.
If the host 'timed' out. They'll have to give up their bijuu and wait 2 months before challenging another host or the current host of their former beast.

If IC non-death match follow the above ^  (**)

If IC Death Match...

If the challenger 'timed' out. They'll die. Host gets to pick how this person died. (Human path, shinigami soul stealing, ect)

If the host 'timed' out. They'll die (**) and the challenger now decides how the host died. Also get their bijuu. (**If challenger decides to just 'extract' the beast the host can live if Uzumaki, immortal, or having wood release)

In-dept challenging details |

In order to challenge a host OOC you must send a mail to the respective character with this template:

Your character name: Ryakushi Tenzo
Challenging for: The 67 tails
Zone preferred: Zone 5
Judge(s) preferred: Darkshinobi, Kayenta, Zenaku
Fight Date: The 5th of April, 2016.

Once the challenging template is sent then the host can reply with a yes or no. If declined the host has to give plausible cause.
||
To challenge IC just find the host through LEGITIMATE means.
Calling your friend in Konoha does not count. Going to Kiri for a vacation and the host just happens to be there does not count.
Using an ALT will be voided.
You do not have to give the current host a 'heads up'
The host does not have to give away their status as a host.
Only other hosts and high leveled sensors can sense jinks.

Plausible Cause (OOC) |

Host is currently in a battle
Host is currently using the E card (30 day extend on their host activity duties)
Host just got finished with a battle. (Host then has the default fortnight to wait before accepting)
Host does not get along with the challenger or the challenger is known to not be able to rp. (?)
Challenger is currently on probation from a previous fight
Challenger has already challenged in the last 3 months.

I tried to cover every aspect. Please let me know if I missed anything.

Things that I didn't suggest fixing;

ºShould the Biju be Host-lessº
ºNo Auto-Hittingº
ºNo God-Moddingº
ºHosts are allowed to use their tailsº
ºGrace Periodº
ºTampering with the Bijuº
ºTime Limitationsº
ºChallenge Listº
ºChallenge Limitationsº
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2014, 02:56:02 AM »

The only thing I saw there as a flaw Shadow was that if you are in a fight you can't have a leave of absence due to emergency...30/31 days.

I see that you have the one week stipulation to postpone your fight so I guess that might be enough time to make arrangements to inform people what is going on. However, it's not much of a change though seeing as you are only required to post once a week anyhow. Did you mean an additional week up and above the once a week activity clause?

I suggest that if the challenger or host...cause it could be the challenger's emergency...doesn't have a problem waiting then it should be permitted.

It would make it two weeks to post instead of one. If stacked.
So if they were already 5 days into the 7 day frame then an emergency comes up they can play that emergency card and add 7 days. Instead of 2 days they now have 9 to post.
If the opposer doesn't mind waiting for the other party then sure they can wait even longer. Max of 3 weeks then?

Post has to be done within a week. If an emergency pops up you can then extent your post by 1 week more, if the person you're fighting allows and doesn't mind it, they can give (1) week absence on top of that. Up to a total of 3 weeks. Past that, they're SOL. We don't want fights to take forever as other challengers may be waiting their turn patiently. While it's no ones fault if something happens not everyone should be forced to their 'time limitation'.

2-3 weeks max under extreme conditions and no more?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2014, 05:44:37 AM »

ºNo Auto-Hittingº
ºNo God-Moddingº

Yeah I think we should definitely allow god modding and auto hitting. I mean we've always denied them and we've been having problems with bijuu fights. So maybe that is the solution we've been looking for!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2014, 12:38:47 PM »

If the host is to live IC, then they had best have some method other than "extreme life force" to do so. Even if the challenger wants them alive for nefarious reasons after the extraction, there might as well be an IC method for that. Who is going to go around verifying that? Don't look at me, I aint got the time.  :-?

Just saying "host can live anyways" after losing the tailed beast IC is kind of silly imho. If you want to do the RP route, might as well take the limb with it.

Regarding the judge thing, I would strongly advise against having more than one judge, or at least having an odd number of judges. Even if they can't agree on one, then a compromise of another sort has to be made. If two judges make conflicting statements, then the cloud just got confusing again, and we're back to square two of this mess.

If they can't come to a decision on a judge, then they must not want to fight each other bad enough. That's the way I see it. I do see, however, that that could give judge picking powers a bit more to the host in an OOC fight, but picking more than one judge, and it being an even number of judges at that, is asking for trouble.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2014, 02:45:23 PM »

If the host is to live IC, then they had best have some method other than "extreme life force" to do so. Even if the challenger wants them alive for nefarious reasons after the extraction, there might as well be an IC method for that. Who is going to go around verifying that? Don't look at me, I aint got the time.  :-?

Just saying "host can live anyways" after losing the tailed beast IC is kind of silly imho. If you want to do the RP route, might as well take the limb with it.

Regarding the judge thing, I would strongly advise against having more than one judge, or at least having an odd number of judges. Even if they can't agree on one, then a compromise of another sort has to be made. If two judges make conflicting statements, then the cloud just got confusing again, and we're back to square two of this mess.

If they can't come to a decision on a judge, then they must not want to fight each other bad enough. That's the way I see it. I do see, however, that that could give judge picking powers a bit more to the host in an OOC fight, but picking more than one judge, and it being an even number of judges at that, is asking for trouble.

There's always Chiyo's life give thingy. I don't think it matters if the host lives after or not. We don't want everyone dead as said. "Uzumaki, Wood release, jashin/orochimaru'ness) Those are the only methods of living after. IF your opponent even allows you to. Highly unlikely.

So if they don't agree on a judge they both pick one and then the two judges they picked picks the third? xD This itself is getting confusing.

Judges should come to terms with one another through some method.

Agree on a judge to avoid all of this.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2014, 09:33:28 PM »

There's always Chiyo's life give thingy. I don't think it matters if the host lives after or not. We don't want everyone dead as said. "Uzumaki, Wood release, jashin/orochimaru'ness) Those are the only methods of living after. IF your opponent even allows you to. Highly unlikely.

So if they don't agree on a judge they both pick one and then the two judges they picked picks the third? xD This itself is getting confusing.

Judges should come to terms with one another through some method.

Agree on a judge to avoid all of this.

For what reason would people want to do the IC route then? From what I have read/heard, it is to do things "properly", "earn it" through RPing the events, from the sniffing out of where the jinch is to the planning, then the attacking, and then the extraction as well. Dying upon getting the beast extracted is a part of that RP package that hosts would have to deal with. If you remove that aspect or make it completely irrelevant, then that is one portion of the RP experience that is not, well, experienced.

And for the record, Chiyo's "One's Own Life" technique would sacrifice the user's life if the target were dead. Most would just use a custom reincarnation technique rather than one similar to that.

Did we ever address the possibility of an OOC and an IC challenge going on at the same time? I can't recall.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2014, 03:00:55 AM »

Eric I don't they'd let each other live. By the time the fight starts the two are already heated by then and want to kill each other. Under the condition that one is feeling sympathy then why can't they live? Maybe IC they are that way. Take Goku. He's a badass, but will give his enemies a second chance. Let the rp'ers rp how they want I say. 99% of the time it will be a death match and no sympathy will be shown.

To my knowledge the reason Chiyo dies when performing the res is it uses all her life force. You link up with others and channel their total energy through the user of the jutsu and it depletes everyone quite a bit but kills no one.

^ There. Her technique does NOT kill the caster. She was just old af already. Naruto did not die cause he's a young spring chicken.

Moving on to IC and OOC happening at the same time. That CANNOT be done. What if the host losses both battles? This creates an issue I'd rather avoid altogether by saying one battle at a time, no more.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2014, 04:20:03 AM »

I believe one fight at a time is only common sense.

So, how to prevent it then? If you have a line of people challenging you OOC, you cannot be hunted down IC and vice versa?

* http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/One%27s_Own_Life_Reincarnation

The user in general would die if the target is dead and they are trying to bring them back to life. If they are fatally injured (the likes of which getting your tailed beast extracted is probably the fringe without special life force) then according to the wikia that does not kill the user.

So while you are right, it's conditional, as someone without special life force would probably die before said technique could be used on them without having to sacrifice a life for it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:24:23 AM by Eric »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2014, 04:25:03 AM »

So, how to prevent it then? If you have a line of people challenging you OOC, you cannot be hunted down IC and vice versa?

I get what you're saying. If they are in an ooc fight and someone is hunting them IC and then what? Well this host seems to be very popular. Either way first come; first serve. Whoever asks/gets to them first. That's the only way I see how it can work out.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2014, 04:37:03 AM »

I get what you're saying. If they are in an ooc fight and someone is hunting them IC and then what? Well this host seems to be very popular. Either way first come; first serve. Whoever asks/gets to them first. That's the only way I see how it can work out.

If, in theory, you have a long list of OOC challengers (cause folks are confident they can beat you) then you could not at all fight in IC battles for the tailed beast, because until the actual fight begins, the host is not obligated to consider the hunters as hunters, if I understand correctly.

This makes it very troublesome if a host is particularly popular.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2014, 04:56:03 AM »

Guys you can just say "Sabu" instead.  ;)

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2014, 05:43:50 AM »

If, in theory, you have a long list of OOC challengers (cause folks are confident they can beat you) then you could not at all fight in IC battles for the tailed beast, because until the actual fight begins, the host is not obligated to consider the hunters as hunters, if I understand correctly.

IC requires more work than OOC so I'd vote to make OCC challenges second to IC battles. Due to the work put in. That is, they tell the host they are hunting them?

Like I said, first come, first serve. The host by default I don't think has to accept OOC challenges if IC challenges are there.

If the host has no IC challenges then they have to start doing any OOC challenges.

If both are there then they do a crisscross action going from OOC to IC and so forth.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2014, 05:57:06 AM »

Or we just do it like I do. Since my fight with Zen is now OOC-ish when it finishes we will finish whatever rp's we are in and at the end of them it will be assumed that is when, chronologically the fight began. That way OOC doesn't effect IC stuff.

Unless of course you die IC and that screws up the OOC stuff. But just don't die then. xD

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2014, 08:13:42 AM »

How about we deal with this first section of edits I am proposing....

1] ºHow to Challenge a Jinchurikiº
 In order to challenge a Jinchuriki & obtain a Biju, one must extend an invitation to its host; this places you on the list of challengers that each host must maintain in a publicly accessibly spot. [Either as a post in this thread they will keep updated or on the wikia as a discussion topic on the tailed beasts page.]  The two will make all arrangements for when the match will being and where. Should the Jinchuriki ignore or refuse the invitation(s)-with no reason given- 3 times consecutively, you may report it to other Jinchuriki. Subject for such an event's invitation, for proof & reference of a challenge, must be titled: (Number of tails) - (Name of Jinchuriki); the body of the message may be as you please (though manners & politeness would of course make things much smoother).

2] ºDetermine the Nature of the Challengeº
The host and the challenger must then decide it the match will be an IC Challenge or an OOC Challenge. This means that if an IC Challenge is chosen, the challenger has to RP learning the host’s identity and location and maneuvers him into a Match. This does not mean that the RP is used as a means for the Host to forever avoid having to face his challenger. The host must make it possible for the challenger to complete the terms of the RP event. This is not the battle part. You are going to face off with each other. You are just being creative about it.
If the OOC Challenge is chosen, then no RP concerning the challenge is performed. The details are agreed upon and the Match takes place.

3] ºDetermine the Details of the Matchº
The host and challenger must decide if the battle is to the death. They decide if others are permitted to participate or the match is 1v1. Will there be exclusions concerning what powers are to be used? Who will be the judge? Is a time limit proposed in which to complete the challenge?

In short, yes, yes, and yes.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2014, 10:19:16 AM »

@Kay: Sounds pretty perfect so far!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 18 queries.