Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cheating in a Chess Match  (Read 4606 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Cheating in a Chess Match
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 08:50:44 AM »

It's someone who likes to make arguments that make no sense much like yourself.

The only thing that was said about Hono using Hiraishin wass that if it's in an OOC rp that has nothing to do with the IC universe then yeah who cares what he uses. You can rp in pm's pretending to be the X-Men or whatever you want. That is not the case here.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:51:21 AM by bocchiere »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 09:25:04 AM »

Why not just ask Hono not to use it? I'm just saying perhaps if you just said look I'd rather us not use any skills our characters don't have IC wise. Perhaps that would solve it?

Unless you have posted after he used it which would mean it is now accepted as being legit to use do to it not being after your post accepted it would be retro-posting and such.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 09:26:53 AM »

Why not just ask Hono not to use it? I'm just saying perhaps if you just said look I'd rather us not use any skills our characters don't have IC wise. Perhaps that would solve it?

Unless you have posted after he used it which would mean it is now accepted as being legit to use do to it not being after your post accepted it would be retro-posting and such.

Hono never used it. He just made the line saying he had it.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2014, 09:31:44 AM »

The real problem I'm having is he has been caught lying and attempting to cheat.
This is the issue I am aiming to address. I should not have to RP with a cheater any more than I should have to RP with a vampire. I shouldn't have to say, "Hey, let's not claim anything we want, deal?" either.

Edit:
From the "Attempt to Strip the 7-tails" topic, page seven funnily enough:
Neither of us can use Chōmei, but we can use anything else in our arsenals.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:40:55 AM by Sabumaru »

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2014, 12:21:51 PM »

Just because a fight is OOC, doesn't mean it grants anybody automatic permissions to use whatever. Usually when an OOC fight occurs, one presumes that all parties come as their standard state, unless stated and agreed-upon otherwise. Even more-so in a Biju match. I would imagine that one loop-hole in this is to not bring up the issue of being different from normal at all. That's like me entering an OOC Biju match with my Sage Mode and Rinnegan, without letting the other party know that I have the latter without the resets to accommodate it.

Likewise, if someone is claiming to have something without the resets to use it (like how some of us are used to doing it) then you can bring that issue up with them and deny the challenge if they're really adamant about it. Especially if they're claiming a bunch of KG or Hiden/claimed techniques they don't have access to while being a Genin. I mean they could, but nobody would want to play with that kid. Especially if they don't have manners.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 02:57:20 PM »

Kay said it pretty well there.

This is an OCC battle that has IC results. As such, both parties should only be employing abilities they possess IC during the bout.

I was also under the impression that all OCC battles were meant to be played as you are IC?

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2014, 06:52:58 PM »

When the behavior of one person become intolerable to another...why must they give up everything they have earned in RP so they do not have to play or associate with this person?

Sabu had enough of dealing with Hono. Hone decides he will just claim the bijuu if Sabu storms off. An OOC challenge with IC consequences is arranged...and now? We have Hono claiming powers he does not have and when the complaint is made to the judge, the judge denies this is an issue and doesn't matter cause it is all OOC anyway.

We are told that if people harass us or get on our nerves to the point you just are fed up, then to use the ignore function. But then...forced to RP with them...

I fail to see how this is not the worst example of circumventing the ignore function on the site...the ONLY means we have of protecting ourselves from others and continuing on with our right to enjoy the game...is denied. We are threatened with losing our RP earned items if we do not submit to the forced RP with the person who we are told to avoid and have nothing to do with.

Thank you for excellently explaining what I am apparently failing to say, Kay.  :D

Edit:
@Dart: One of the stipulations of the fight was "we can use anything else [except Chōmei] in our arsenals" as I posted in the other topic and in this one. So yeah, I agree with you.

This thread is about Honō being caught cheating and me saying that's grounds for this match and his claims to be voided. IC or OOC is irrelevant. So Kamui, please address THIS issue before you bring up any other points, because you have failed to do so thus far.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:25:57 PM by Sabumaru »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 04:44:53 AM »

Honō claimed Kirk taught him FTG.
Kirk said that was a lie.

This is an instance of blatant cheating.
I've repeatedly pointed out his bad attitude, and can quote a bunch of forum topics to prove my point.
Not to mention all the other points I made in the last topic about this.

And I'm being forced to RP with him.
I'm done, he can't be allowed to continue getting away with this. I'm convinced that even when I win this fight he'll somehow come back to life anyways, and I'm just wasting my time here. I'm honestly wondering if this is some big elaborate troll.
So, you guys can continue to make me RP with a confirmed liar and cheater until I win, or we can just go back to how it was last week before Honō decided to suddenly strip me without merit or cause.

Lol. I actually got a laugh out of reading this post.

The only thing this shows is that Hono blatantly lied, again, and had been under the impression that Kirk would not say anything since he is no longer on SL.

E for effort.

Now, since Hono does not have hirashin, I do not see why the fight should be ended for the reason that Hono attempted to cheat the system. Him annoying you to the point of murder, maybe, but for him making a mistake in his post (intentional, but a mistake all the same) I wouldn't be the one to make the call for the fight to just be voided and all goes back to defunct.

The original compromise had been to 1v1 each other, since many other things just couldn't get hashed out. If this 1v1 also ends up failing, it had best be because one of said players got banned from crossing the line. Because other than resetting to prior to these shenanigans (with the stipulation that Hono and Sabu cannot ever RP together), there doesn't seem like another solution for these two.

I'm not really the majority on this call, I feel. After what went down in the past, even though it was not as serious as this, I do not think that grounds for calling off the match altogether have been met. Not from what I have read anyways.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 04:54:31 AM »

Honō claimed Kirk taught him FTG.
Kirk said that was a lie.

This is an instance of blatant cheating.
I've repeatedly pointed out his bad attitude, and can quote a bunch of forum topics to prove my point.
Not to mention all the other points I made in the last topic about this.

And I'm being forced to RP with him.
I'm done, he can't be allowed to continue getting away with this. I'm convinced that even when I win this fight he'll somehow come back to life anyways, and I'm just wasting my time here. I'm honestly wondering if this is some big elaborate troll.
So, you guys can continue to make me RP with a confirmed liar and cheater until I win, or we can just go back to how it was last week before Honō decided to suddenly strip me without merit or cause.

Lol. I actually got a laugh out of reading this post.

The only thing this shows is that Hono blatantly lied, again, and had been under the impression that Kirk would not say anything since he is no longer on SL.

E for effort.

Now, since Hono does not have hirashin, I do not see why the fight should be ended for the reason that Hono attempted to cheat the system. Him annoying you to the point of murder, maybe, but for him making a mistake in his post (intentional, but a mistake all the same) I wouldn't be the one to make the call for the fight to just be voided and all goes back to defunct.

The original compromise had been to 1v1 each other, since many other things just couldn't get hashed out. If this 1v1 also ends up failing, it had best be because one of said players got banned from crossing the line. Because other than resetting to prior to these shenanigans (with the stipulation that Hono and Sabu cannot ever RP together), there doesn't seem like another solution for these two.

I'm not really the majority on this call, I feel. After what went down in the past, even though it was not as serious as this, I do not think that grounds for calling off the match altogether have been met. Not from what I have read anyways.

Yeah you know what, Eric's right.
This is just me raging, but having considered what Eric and Kay said, I'm gonna backtrack and apologize for trying to kick up more dust than it's worth.
And after this, I'm not gonna RP with him ever again anyways. Actually I already planned on that before this, but that failed when he claimed my bijū.

Locked. Sorry.  :oops:

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.