Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Genjutsu Logic at its best  (Read 4400 times)

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
Genjutsu Logic at its best
« on: August 24, 2014, 04:52:31 AM »

So I was wondering if Genjutsu would effect someone who was already unconscious or incapacitated. Especially a Sharingan Genjutsu. Please give me your thoughts on this.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Genjutsu

[edited for inflammatory content.]
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:06:57 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Genjutsu Logic at its best
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 05:03:05 AM »

Don't know when I mentioned a Sharingan Genjutsu.

#alreadyansweredthisquestion

---Original Message from 真 Bocchiere(2014-08-24 02:38:16)---
Genjutsu is manipulating the chakra flow in the brain. I can go up to an unconscious person and grab their head and alter the chakra flow in their brain.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 05:09:53 AM »

It doesn't say anything about Genjutsu working on unconscious people in the wiki though which is why we're here.

[edit: for same reason]
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:12:36 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 05:18:47 AM »

It doesn't say anything about Genjutsu working on unconscious people in the wiki though which is why we're here.

Bocch is speaking gibberish, his claims have no basis. >>

Because there is no instance of someone casting a Genjutsu on someone whose knocked out in the manga. Nor will there ever be. >>

Any kind of Genjutsu would work, their brain would still register sound, you could open their eye and do an ocular genjutsu into it.

It makes no more sense then saying you can't apply Fuinjutsu to someone whose unconscious.

He is complaining about this because I claimed he went under a Genjutsu in my pocket dimension to keep him knocked out like it says Obito can do "Despite not always being present, Obito could keep targets under genjutsu while they were confined inside this technique's pocket dimension, thus keeping them incapacitated for extended durations."

and he's complaining because he was already unconscious. He also has a curse mark on him that prevents him from moving or using chakra and is also trapped in a different dimension, but hey, if nit-picking this stuff makes him happy then far be it from me to deny him.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 05:24:58 AM »

Hey! Hey! I'm just making sure you handle me with the best of care. Alright? Good, now that this has been cleared up.

We need someone who specializes in brain surgeries to clear this up. A doctor please. Would a doctor please step up and explain this mess.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 05:28:59 AM »

Calling for the lock. >>

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 05:31:52 AM »

Not until we have more opinions you're not.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 06:00:37 AM »

I'll have to side on Bocc on this one. Genjutsu is manipulating the brain waves in someone's brain. Just because one is unconscious, it doesn't mean the brain can't register sound, smell, and other senses. You're not brain dead, you're just unconscious.

And actually, many physicians recommend that the family members do speak or read to comatose patients. They believe that it is beneficial in the healing process.

So, what is unconscious? 

"The unconscious mind (or the unconscious) consists of the processes in the mind that occur automatically and are not available to introspection, and include thought processes, memory, affect, and motivation." - wikipedia

So, if you're unconscious, you won't be consciously acknowledging those senses. The brain doesn't stop working until it's dead.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 06:24:42 AM »

Going off of what the always lovely Genesis said, the human mind is actually even more susceptible to external influence in lower levels of consciousness. It continues to function when you're unconscious or asleep in order to keep your senses active enough to wake you again if your life is endangered or the like. Thus at beta level waves, Genjutsu is difficult to force on someone but possible, as during a fight most brains would be oscillating in the beta range. Unconscious or asleep they'd be in delta wave levels, where your senses are firing to keep you safe but they're also the most suggestible, making the casting of genjutsu theoretically far easier, seeing as genjutsu -- as far as we know -- is essentially a chakra based way of forcing a brain to operate somewhere in alpha or theta level ranges. Most likely genjutsu is more theta-range, simply because they're generally such powerful illusions. This makes it logically reasonable that using chakra to take someone's brain from the delta waves to theta waves is far easier than forcing them from beta waves to theta waves, seeing as they'd have to pass through the alpha range as well.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:26:12 AM by Night »

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 06:30:03 AM »

From SL's very own magician:

Genjutsu are used to control the chakra in the brain to disrupt the senses.
It depends on what sort of unconscious you are and what sort of jutsu is being used. If you are in a deep coma, for example, the pathways to the brain often are able to receive little or no information or stimulation, and therefore, cannot be disrupted.

When you are asleep, certain senses do not function as they should; for example, sight. Your eyes are closed, so you cannot be affected through visual sensory detail. Likewise, other sensory pathways become lessened or heightened depending on the person.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 06:32:57 AM »

No, I'd say it doesn't. Though I'm seeing this as a little differently than everyone else. While Genesis's and Night's post make sense, at the end of the day, there assumptions. Normally in any judge rulings, assumptions won't get you in the decision. So since we've never seen it, I'd say no.

Though if I'm not mistaken, you're in a Kamui dimension with a Curse Mark (idk if it's like the one Orochimaru gave, or Danzo, but whatev). So even without being in a genjutsu, the odds of escape are low.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 06:41:15 AM »

From SL's very own magician:

Genjutsu are used to control the chakra in the brain to disrupt the senses.
It depends on what sort of unconscious you are and what sort of jutsu is being used. If you are in a deep coma, for example, the pathways to the brain often are able to receive little or no information or stimulation, and therefore, cannot be disrupted.

When you are asleep, certain senses do not function as they should; for example, sight. Your eyes are closed, so you cannot be affected through visual sensory detail. Likewise, other sensory pathways become lessened or heightened depending on the person.

Well thank you for that definitive maybe. I also said just walk up to them and open their eye.

And if we can no longer argue about things not done in the manga please let me know so I can just void most of the things people do.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:46:36 AM by bocchiere »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 06:59:33 AM »

You can argue all you want, I'm just saying assumptions usually don't  do it in rulings. In situations like this, Ryu would get the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, my two cents.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 07:02:44 AM »

You can argue all you want, I'm just saying assumptions usually don't  do it in rulings. In situations like this, Ryu would get the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, my two cents.

Well I don't agree with that. If his only argument is there is no manga proof and someone else's argument is a completely logical reason why something would work then I would go with that.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 07:07:47 AM »

Agree to disagree, though I will say he is boned, even if not in a genjutsu. So unless he's making this thread cause he's curious, seems like it won't accomplish much.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 16 queries.