Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just cut out the middle man? Topic about the 6 tails  (Read 3493 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Just cut out the middle man? Topic about the 6 tails
« on: September 10, 2014, 05:44:54 AM »

Ok, so I am fighting Xia in zone 8 for the 6 tails. He is about to go over the 14 day limit (11 days 6 hours as of this posting) for posting and makes it sound like he will not be able to post, literally saying he doesn't think he'll be able to continue this fight.

I'm willing to give Xia the extra week, I think it was, that you can claim once a year, if he would like to claim it, but I do not know if that would be enough time for him or not.

If he thinks it is and wants to opt for that then fine, but if he honestly does not think that would be enough time I would like him to just surrender the 6 tails rather than make me wait another week for no reason.

I am making this topic now because Xia is rarely on, and this way in details that I may be forgetting can be hammered out by the time he returns.

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Just cut out the middle man? Topic about the 6 tails
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 12:40:28 PM »

So which set of rules are we working with here? If this fight was started about 11 days ago, I'm presuming the current challenge ones, but just wanting to be sure before I carry on.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 08:13:01 PM »

Started about 15 days ago, my last post was just 11 days ago.

Yeah though, we're using that you have to post every fortnight as a host. Precedence set with Nagato and Rinn shows that if you do that in a 1v1 fight like this your opponent gets the bijuu.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 09:21:56 PM »

Xia has been busy a lot this year. Earlier when I went on my bijuu reform rampage I had already stated how he wasn't doing his host duties. (Posting every fortnight) For him specifically I made the 1 month 'get out of jail free' card. Where if something happened you could use it and not have to post as said. After that the flame died out and I assume that was his use of the card. I don't know.

Also to help with something popping up during fights in the current bijuu rules reform I suggested a once per bijuu fight addition of 1 week added on to the 14 days if an EMERGENCY happened. Total of  3 weeks to post.

Xia is a good rp'er, he knows his Naruto stuff, ect.

However his inactivity has been terrible. I say strip him. Until at a time his life becomes more free. I don't see his inactivity lessening. I may be wrong, but what we've seen so far...

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 05:55:57 AM »

Was the one week extension an agreed upon rule or not? I was going to offer it to Xia anyway, but like I said, if all it is going to do is make me wait 1 more week before stripping him I hope he'll just be a man and give up the slug.

I have nothing against Xia, mainly because he's never ever here, so he could be totally awful and I just wouldn't really know.  :P

I knew Xia was inactive a lot of the time before we started our fight, which is why I suggested we just do a 1v1, because we'd never finish me coming to Kiri to fight him. But the fight literally has not even started yet and he is already unable to post. Considering his history of inactivity I'd say he should be stripped, especially since he apparently already used his one extension earlier, which I was unaware of.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 06:01:05 AM »

Was the one week extension an agreed upon rule or not? I was going to offer it to Xia anyway, but like I said, if all it is going to do is make me wait 1 more week before stripping him I hope he'll just be a man and give up the slug.

I have nothing against Xia, mainly because he's never ever here, so he could be totally awful and I just wouldn't really know.  :P

I knew Xia was inactive a lot of the time before we started our fight, which is why I suggested we just do a 1v1, because we'd never finish me coming to Kiri to fight him. But the fight literally has not even started yet and he is already unable to post. Considering his history of inactivity I'd say he should be stripped, especially since he apparently already used his one extension earlier, which I was unaware of.

When did he use the one extension that, to my knowledge, was only established roughly three months ago at best? Or are we talking about a different one?

Using the fortnight concept, I would suppose the beast would be up for stripping, but where would it go? Bocc, you already have a beast so you can't seal it in yourself if I recall correctly.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 06:18:36 AM »

When did he use the one extension that, to my knowledge, was only established roughly three months ago at best? Or are we talking about a different one?

Using the fortnight concept, I would suppose the beast would be up for stripping, but where would it go? Bocc, you already have a beast so you can't seal it in yourself if I recall correctly.

I'm actually fighting him with my alt, but that doesn't change anything because he's an Edo zombie and unable to host bijuu for some reason. I suppose that was just an easy thing to ax because reasons.

Anyway I'd just get the slug in a jug then.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 02:14:24 PM »

You're a pile of lifeless leaves and dirt, not a single whole, living organism, so of course its not gonna work. Only way it could be done is to pull a Minato.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 04:01:45 PM »

Give him a week or give him a month...he'll still be mainly inactive. Life has hold of him at this time. Moving, his wife pregnant. (All things he made public) Xia won't be able to fulfill his host duties for the foreseen weeks/months.

They agreed upon the 2 week post rule. It's been 2 weeks so by that he would be stripped anyway. IF Bocc did add a week Xia said he'd still be unable to post. If Bocc gave Xia a month I still don't think he'd be able to post. (Due to the baby and such)

I could be wrong, but with what I've been able to gather. All roads lead to Bocc's alt getting it due to inactivity.

Edit:

Also the extra week to post has not been added as a rule nor has the extra month. I want both to become rules, but it's not just for me to decide.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 04:04:37 PM by Shadowxx »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 07:03:03 PM »

You're a pile of lifeless leaves and dirt, not a single whole, living organism, so of course its not gonna work. Only way it could be done is to pull a Minato.

Yeah that'd be ridiculous

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 08:48:17 PM »

Yeah that'd be ridiculous

It is ridiculous, which is why Edo's aren't permitted to be hosts. :P

And I guess strip is the answer then on this one. Any of the other inactive jinchs might as well start passing it on to village-mates who are more active, or I forsee this thread popping up a couple more times in the near future.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 01:18:38 AM »

Whoa guys...

Maternity leave is a big deal.

What if someone else just finished the match for him?

Or what if someone contacted him on Face book to find out what he wants to do?

Or or or...

I think it is a good idea to talk to people before just doing things.

I am not saying inactivity is not a problem, no matter the reason. But it would be nice for Xia to be part of the decision making process here before everyone just decides how things are going to go down.

I don't think Mike trusts anyone else with his account. I'm not him though.

As for him taking part in this, I can only hope Bocc is talking to him when he can. Which I'd imagine is little due to him being inactive for days on end. Either way, he stated he won't be able to be active.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 05:43:56 AM »

He gives me one sentence at a time, once or twice a week. The last message I sent him was basically, "Well you're going to be stripped if you can't post." so I don't know if he even knows about this.

I'm not even going to dignify how asinine Edo Tensei not being able to host bijuu is with a response. >>

The fact of the matter is that the rules says you get stripped if you cannot post every 14 days. It does not say, unless you have a good reason. Because it doesn't matter if you have a good reason, you still need to be around to post as a Jinchuriki, it is part of the responsibility you take on by becoming a host.

Considering how awful the current fights Akatsuki has for the remaining bijuu are, honestly, I would rather just strip Xia and get one easily, because I just don't want to even give it the chance to spiral out of control. Even if I did give him an extra week I don't think it would matter.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 06:16:25 AM »

...I'm not even going to dignify how asinine Edo Tensei not being able to host bijuu is with a response. >>...

Well, considering they have limitless stamina and cannot die via normal means, combined with all of the standard abilities of a SL RPer, I think not being able to host a biju is in the least bit reasonable on the part of those not Edo'd. I mean, seriously, overkill much? XP

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 07:00:41 AM »

...I'm not even going to dignify how asinine Edo Tensei not being able to host bijuu is with a response. >>...

Well, considering they have limitless stamina and cannot die via normal means, combined with all of the standard abilities of a SL RPer, I think not being able to host a biju is in the least bit reasonable on the part of those not Edo'd. I mean, seriously, overkill much? XP

They get lots of chakra (a moot point) a fairly weak transformation compared to the Sage Mode 8 Gates combo anyone can use, and an extra elemental affinity. Ooooooooooo scary! D: Not.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 17 queries.