Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Bijuu Rules Clarification  (Read 11313 times)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: Bijuu Rules Clarification
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2014, 01:32:41 PM »

It's both, Eric.

Disagree with bijū as a summon. It's a damn tailed beast meant to be used as a source of chakra, as an ally in battle, and another form of power via transformations.

Though if it's going to continue to be a thing, then the "rules" should continue to be the same that a strong Genjutsu, of any variety, is able to control the beast.

It's even more bs that one person has more than one beast. I could care less whom that may be. It needs to be one (1) bijū per person.  It's entirely unfair. We don't need another Zenaku reign. And again, both "rule" sets imply that you can only challenge for one beast at a time.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2014, 06:57:38 PM »

It's both, Eric.

Disagree with bijū as a summon. It's a damn tailed beast meant to be used as a source of chakra, as an ally in battle, and another form of power via transformations.

Though if it's going to continue to be a thing, then the "rules" should continue to be the same that a strong Genjutsu, of any variety, is able to control the beast.

It's even more bs that one person has more than one beast. I could care less whom that may be. It needs to be one (1) bijū per person.  It's entirely unfair. We don't need another Zenaku reign. And again, both "rule" sets imply that you can only challenge for one beast at a time.

Madara seemed to do pretty well using Kurama as a summon. You're really limiting RP with this "No summoning Bijū" thing. Chōmei is the only beast I'd seal in Sabu, I'd have him summon all the other ones. Why? Well he doesn't care much for allies, and can stomp one on his own. He sees their power as paltry when compared to his own. So he'd force them into being a sidekick instead of a partner.
What if your character can't be a host for some reason? What if you want to use a biju but don't wanna die when you lose it? There are an infinite number of fair possibilities, and you really just seem to be saying "I don't like it"

It is going to continue to be a thing. It's canon, it's not OP, and it's an opportunity for interesting RP. Taking it away is meaningless and pretty unfair.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2014, 07:47:32 PM »

Ok so if I didn't have Akatsuki I just shouldn't be allowed to capture all the bijuu? Or I would just have to make 8 alts to seal them in I guess. Yeah lets definitely make a rule that makes it impossible to rp as a villain.

Seriously the bijuu are no threat to anyone with enough power, and that's a level that anyone can get to. They're just big giant targets, get two resets in Uchiha and Amaterasu them, reset for Mokuton, it's not difficult.

I'm ok with other Genjutsu being able to control a bijuu as long as it doesn't then just turn into every fight with a summoned bijuu being the opponent going "I cast a Genjutsu that overrides yours and now I control the bijuu."

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2014, 07:53:47 PM »

Keep them as a summon, and keep the current rules.

Bijū cost 20% of the user's total (not current) chakra to summon, even in succession.

Bijū must be under the influence of genjutsu at all times while used as a summon. Regardless of the genjutsu's potency, it will tax 5% of the summoner's total (not current) chakra while it's actively being used as a summon, the taxation only ceasing when the bijū has been removed from the field. Techniques capable of transferring chakra from the bijū to the summoner are strictly prohibited from being used in this context.

Summoners are restricted to one action per post, be it offensive or defensive so long as the bijū is summoned.

Enhancements to the bijū, such as encasing it in Susanoo are prohibited.

Bijū utilized in this manner will always possess a hateful disposition towards their summoner, this is static. Should a chance ever arise and they gain the ability to act of their own volition, they will prioritize slaying their ex-summoner first, regardless of the presence of any other actors.

If the summoner dies while the bijū is unsummoned and located in inaccessible territory (such as a pocket dimension), it will respawn within a week's time where the summoner was slain.

The rules are more than strict enough to prevent abuse ( I mean a whole quarter of your reserve to use them in this way.) Plus with these rules, it kind prevents total hoarding. One wouldn't be able to summon more than four biju, ever.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2014, 02:22:40 AM »

Ok so if I didn't have Akatsuki I just shouldn't be allowed to capture all the bijuu? Or I would just have to make 8 alts to seal them in I guess. Yeah lets definitely make a rule that makes it impossible to rp as a villain.

Seriously the bijuu are no threat to anyone with enough power...

You can be a villain without having all of the beasts stacked onto one person (on the extreme end of things). share the love man.  :cry:

Regarding that last statement, to my understanding, most of the rules on the site (except for the ones on Koto) are not necessary under the justification that folks with enough power will not have a problem. The rules have been intended, for the exact issue that those without enough power will simply not be able to compete without said tool. Edo, Hiraishin, etc. have  been nerfed for said reason, along with others. 

If the logic that those with enough power or skill would not have issues was always used for things of this sort, I highly doubt we would have as many rules as we do now regarding RP.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2014, 05:50:59 AM »

I mean that if I want to take over the world and make the Juubi then I have to have an Akatsuki like group, if one was not allowed to just have the bijuu sealed but under their possession then it would be impossible for one person to do by the way of rules. Maybe I want to be a loaner.

And 2 resets in Uchiha is not exactly straining the power cap. Get ONE Rinnegan reset, and you can stab them with chakra receivers. The point was that the bijuu are easily defeated by reset abilities which are things anyone can get.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2014, 07:57:09 AM »

... And 2 resets in Uchiha is not exactly straining the power cap. Get ONE Rinnegan reset, and you can stab them with chakra receivers. The point was that the bijuu are easily defeated by reset abilities which are things anyone can get.

Eternal Mangekyou sharingan was quite powered before it had the Rinnegan to compete with. Being forced to reset specific resets is kind of the tool usage I had mentioned before.

And bro, good luck hitting a tailed beast with a chakra reciever, even if it is the size of a mountain. Like, SL 101, getting hit is the epitome to being maimed in real life, and therefore must be avoided at all cozt.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2014, 11:13:50 AM »

If we go with the summoning deal, then it's only fair that the summoner not also be a Jinchūriki. It is one or the other.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2014, 01:16:34 PM »

If we go with the summoning deal, then it's only fair that the summoner not also be a Jinchūriki. It is one or the other.

Seems resonable to me.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2014, 04:01:51 PM »

Seems resonable to me.

Nah yo.
edit: changed my opinion entirely.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 05:22:56 PM by Sabumaru »

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2014, 06:27:06 PM »

Just sayin, wasn't this topic just on the subject of not limiting people to how they summon a biju, and keeping the genjutsu requirement to a 'strong genjutsu' and not the sharingan or some special doujutsu so people didn't have to annihilate their characters with such things? This newly proposed stipulation of limiting Jinchuuriki from being able to summon a tailed beast (and thus owning multiple, mind you) is sort of breaking spirit, isn't it? Unless I'm wrong. I'm just jumping into the convo because it's as good a place as any to start being social again.

Btw, wazzup everybody.
Lol I'm hungry.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2014, 06:40:09 PM »

No it is not fair. >_>

I rp'd attacking Oto and did all this junk to get the 4 tails but now that I have the 9 tails I'm not allowed to use it as a summon? So now I HAVE to seal it someone, but I can't use my alts because they are Edo Tensei zombies and it was arbitrarily decided that they can't host bijuu.

So, Eric, it is too limiting to rp to make people have to have Sharingan or Rinnegan to control a bijuu but it is ok to force people to give up the bijuu they captured for no reason? Because that's what I am being told I have to do, if I can't declare the bijuu as my summon then I have to seal it in someone and there is no one I want to seal a bijuu in right now, which is why I want to use it as a summon.

This is just another Bocchiere rule, like the Edo Tensei nerfs that make no sense, because almost no one but me is ever going to have multiple bijuu in the first place.

There has been literally no argument as to why a Jinchuriki shouldn't be able to summon a bijuu, just Dart complaining that it isn't fair. That isn't an argument. I also don't remember him complaining that it wasn't fair when Rakudo was the one capturing the bijuu for Kiri and Rakudo hosted the 8 tails and had the 2 tails as a summon. Yeah shockingly no one thought to say that was unfair then.

You guys are seriously intent on making it just crap to rp as a villain. Edo Tensei is already pathetically weak and now we want to make it impossible for someone to capture and hold multiple bijuu.

If you're going to insist that Jinchuriki not be allowed to summon bijuu then we need to change the rule for how possessing bijuu works so that I can have the 4 tails sealed away but just not be able to summon it. I'm not giving up a bijuu that I earned to someone because you guys want to make more asinine rules. That is a ridiculous notion it is pretty much the pinnacle of controlling someone's rp.

You see how I made an actual argument there instead of just saying, "I don't like it, it's not fair." Novel idea right?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:01:50 PM by bocchiere »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2014, 07:02:19 PM »

Rakudo was the one with the 2 bijuu, not Dart, edited to make that more clear.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2014, 09:47:52 PM »

I would hate to be the guy that has to go full Naruto plot-armor in order to take on some guy's five other Biju summons. (I know it's nowhere really that many, but you get the point.)

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-571-page-3.html
or
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-571-page-13.html

I mean, finding a person to host a Biju is a part of the ordeal of having them. And it usually has to be a trustworthy and loyal person. Otherwise, you gotta hunt them down if they ever decide to leave.

But that's just another part of RP we have to take into consideration: the extent of one's trustworthiness and loyalty. You are literally trusting someone to use a village's (thing). You can only hope that they use (thing) in a way to help your village or organization. But that's why you don't give them the best (thing), and you yourself as a leader hold the best (thing).

For those of you who are slow.
(thing) = Biju, item, technique, etc.

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2014, 10:50:26 PM »

Honestly Kage, I still see little problem in it.

First off, if someone were to ever have that many biju, then there is an issue in itself. However, he/she worked for it, so why do we want to restrict what they could do? It's one of those things where people wants to limit those who put in the work to get where they got. What's the point? They beat the odds, so let em play with the toy they earned.

One person with half the nine tails' power could counter all five of those Biju dama. So Kurama firing a biju bomb at one is essentially the same destruction.(and before we go into, "Well Kurama's bomb only knocked it off course" Just know that his bomb still caused the combined bombs to stop. If it was really so underpowered, the combined bijuu bomb would have torn through Kurama's like nothing.) What will we do then? Void Kurama or underpower him? At this point, I severely doubt that'll be the case.

All in all, I personally don't feel that one should have to give away biju that they fought for just because they're a Jinchuuriki of the x tails, and want to summon on the side. It limits RP for a jinchuuriki, defeats the purpose of fighting for em if you are one, and really is nonsensical. If you got the power fairly, why not use the power? Not to mention, what if you're by yourself? What does that jinchuuriki do in that situation when a spare biju falls in their lap? Can't summon it, so they're forced to simply drop it? Where? It's just too limiting.

That's all i'm really sayin, before I end up going in circles XD
Lol I'm hungry.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.