Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just putting it out there  (Read 4062 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Just putting it out there
« on: October 01, 2014, 04:55:09 AM »

Edit: This is not intended to be aimed at any particular individuals. This is just something I've observed over and over again on SL.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:04:26 AM by Kage »

Hades

• View Profile
Re: Just putting it out there
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 07:00:34 AM »

Lulz.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 06:06:41 PM »

They may have money for an account, but no dp. And donating for dp is 1 a to 100 ratio of dp and is FAR less than what is needed.

People borrow resets from their friends thus cannot use that account.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 01:17:34 AM »

...How can I borrow a physical trait from a friend or anyone for that matter? Borrow their training and experience...

This:

And this:

And of course this:

In SL terms, it is not that hard to actually do it via RP, if one were to choose so. I mean, how do you transfer Kaguya bones you ask? Well, I am pretty sure it can be done with a little ingenuity, biology, and magi- err, chakra. It is far-fetched most of the time, but just making a joke here regarding the topic at hand.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 01:24:50 AM »

Guess you missed the part where I said that borrowing resets was not an eye transplant.

No, I did not miss it. Almost every KG can be transplanted JUST that easily. We saw this with Wood release, dojutsu, and even sage transformation.

Maybe a picture of Orochimaru would have been more appropriate.  :P

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 02:39:54 AM »

I don't really see the point in complaining about someone "borrowing another's resets"

If I wanted to use the resets from a friends account then it shouldn't be a problem. He isn't using them in any form of RP and it's not like I'm taking his techniques, I'd just be too lazy to level my own account.

What's the difference between using the resets on your own account and using them on the account they were taken from? None, you'd just be using that account.

I think some of you guys are misinterpreting the term of borrowing resets.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 02:53:15 AM »

I really don't see a problem about a mutual agreement between friends to borrow one or two resets so their character can use a certain KG.
Considering a majority of the community really won't RP with your freshly made Academy Student if it has a KG but no resets to corroborate it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 03:47:45 AM »

...to corroborate it.

I had to look up this word, corroborate, because I was not absolutely sure what it meant. Congrats Kamui, if it makes you feel better. :D

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 07:36:23 AM »

That went off topic fast...
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 03:02:48 PM »

In my defense:

I was gifted an account with the required resets and that's required by what I see and observed by the community's standards which I do respect. At the time that I got the account which was about a month after I first started playing Shinobi Legends it had the reset Honorable Uchiha.

I'm not bragging but I don't consider myself a complete noob roleplayer nor do I consider myself the best but I'm proud of my style which I do enjoy and was and still is confident that I could wield the powers that I've attained since then.

Either way, I am the legit OWNER of said account Obitobi currently named Hoshimi and here's my thing. No one logs into my account but me, and I've only started fresh because I am not spending $80.00- $100.00 (although I've spent way more and way worst :)) for the name change and the time it would take me to earn that DP I calculated would be near the same time I could earn resets with a fresh-start account with a name that I CHOSE. Then said person would have to deal with simply fighting Hoshimi, when the ONLY...ONLY..only difference would be the name showing per post wherever we're fighting/

Now in my case, I've been waiting for someone to argue that "those aren't your resets" because I would then simply log into MY account with MY resets and the name "Hoshimi" which  think is distasteful for story's taste as one should have control over THEIR character's name.

So if I do not like the name Hoshimi, but choose the name Rinn (All four of those letters are taken from my real-life name in the same order btw) and simply made an account for this point I don't see the problem. Now in a case where Hoshimi is an entirely different user behind the account then I could see your dislike or disapproval

Also I totally agree with those in the community that state roleplay ability should not be based on one's ability to successfully forest fight. But that's my view and it is just that, a view. I've seen writing that's just awesome, yet at the same time I like the resets standard because it makes one earn..and let's be honest most competitive folks enjoy earning what they have I know I do.

If I had to choose a side though, I'd simply say NO resets shouldn't determine what's acceptable simply because one can merely purchase an account with the desired resets. And I dare someone to challenge the owner of the account saying "Oh..well you didn't actually work for any of those." So do you see what I'm saying? Either way...legitimizing abilities by resets is kind of tough and very touchy. I understand why, but what could anybody do about that except for simply voiding these individuals.

The community from what I've seen has already lost players, the series is coming to an end. I'm just happy the game and boards are as active as they are, as long as there's balance and good writing I don't care who uses what so long as it's not ridiculous or god modded.

John should not be "borrowing" resets from an account that's not his.
If John borrows resets from Bob, bob should not be allowed to use those resets, EVER.
John and Bob should not be actively using the resets.

If John owns Bob, Bob never logs in I don't see a problem with John using Bob's resets because eventually John is going to have the same resets as Bob in time. Because John owns Bob and John is smart, because John will not spend the $ to simply re-name Bob to
John. Do you blame John?

Blame Tom who's using Jake's resets even though Jake logs in and forest fights and Tom doesn't., and Tom doesn't owned Jake.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 03:53:26 PM »

In my defense:

I was gifted an account with the required resets and that's required by what I see and observed by the community's standards which I do respect. At the time that I got the account which was about a month after I first started playing Shinobi Legends it had the reset Honorable Uchiha.

I'm not bragging but I don't consider myself a complete noob roleplayer nor do I consider myself the best but I'm proud of my style which I do enjoy and was and still is confident that I could wield the powers that I've attained since then.

Either way, I am the legit OWNER of said account Obitobi currently named Hoshimi and here's my thing. No one logs into my account but me, and I've only started fresh because I am not spending $80.00- $100.00 (although I've spent way more and way worst :)) for the name change and the time it would take me to earn that DP I calculated would be near the same time I could earn resets with a fresh-start account with a name that I CHOSE. Then said person would have to deal with simply fighting Hoshimi, when the ONLY...ONLY..only difference would be the name showing per post wherever we're fighting/

Now in my case, I've been waiting for someone to argue that "those aren't your resets" because I would then simply log into MY account with MY resets and the name "Hoshimi" which  think is distasteful for story's taste as one should have control over THEIR character's name.

So if I do not like the name Hoshimi, but choose the name Rinn (All four of those letters are taken from my real-life name in the same order btw) and simply made an account for this point I don't see the problem. Now in a case where Hoshimi is an entirely different user behind the account then I could see your dislike or disapproval

Also I totally agree with those in the community that state roleplay ability should not be based on one's ability to successfully forest fight. But that's my view and it is just that, a view. I've seen writing that's just awesome, yet at the same time I like the resets standard because it makes one earn..and let's be honest most competitive folks enjoy earning what they have I know I do.

If I had to choose a side though, I'd simply say NO resets shouldn't determine what's acceptable simply because one can merely purchase an account with the desired resets. And I dare someone to challenge the owner of the account saying "Oh..well you didn't actually work for any of those." So do you see what I'm saying? Either way...legitimizing abilities by resets is kind of tough and very touchy. I understand why, but what could anybody do about that except for simply voiding these individuals.

The community from what I've seen has already lost players, the series is coming to an end. I'm just happy the game and boards are as active as they are, as long as there's balance and good writing I don't care who uses what so long as it's not ridiculous or god modded.

John should not be "borrowing" resets from an account that's not his.
If John borrows resets from Bob, bob should not be allowed to use those resets, EVER.
John and Bob should not be actively using the resets.

If John owns Bob, Bob never logs in I don't see a problem with John using Bob's resets because eventually John is going to have the same resets as Bob in time. Because John owns Bob and John is smart, because John will not spend the $ to simply re-name Bob to
John. Do you blame John?

Blame Tom who's using Jake's resets even though Jake logs in and forest fights and Tom doesn't., and Tom doesn't owned Jake.

Keeping track of who truly earned what in RP is a tedious if not impossible task, particularly when there are a large number of people on SL. Additionally, it has been argued before that separating RP from the OOC game itself was not the intention when RP was started, and that even as the zones state, using powers that you do not possess IG might rub some folks the wrong way. And it kind of does.

Those resets are applicable only to the KG that they represent. My resets have nothing to do with my Nara techniques. Most of them I invented IC out of inspiration of techniques that my character encountered.

It all started with a game technique: Shadow Hell. From there, I've been making Nara techniques with inspiration from already existing techniques. Shadow migration and Kamui could be cousins, Flying Shadow and Hiraishin ARE of the same species, and shadow imitation hidden in the leaves was created based off of Tomi's version of the Hidden in the Leaves technique, which he may have gotten from somewhere else. Those are just three examples in my arsenal.

Don't like the reset system but want the powers that the resets are supposed to represent and perhaps even regulate (though it does a piss poor job of the latter in one scheme)? Why not just use powers that are not regulated by the resets. The only reason my character has resets is because of sage mode, and even then, I think I would have enough street cred on this site to get away with using perfect sage mode before I get that 6th reset. But I would have to try it out in a zone fight to see for sure.

Of course, we can't all be Kirk. I didn't RP out every single bit of training required to have some of the stuff that I have. I did RP out the creation of shadow migration and many of its line of techniques, along with the creation of dragon fire and a few other things. Most of my custom techniques I RP'ed out in some shape or fashion, or had enough of a basis on its pre-requisite technique to have it spawned from seemingly nowhere. The canon techs, not so much, I sometimes just add them completely at whim.

Frankly, in my own defense, I approve of the reset system backing simply because it has been established for as long as it has; you can complain about it, but it only hinders elemental KG, dojutsu, sage mode (and some would argue sage transformation), Kaguya bones, and the 8 gates of taijutsu.

The many hiden of Konoha and other villages are not regulated at all by this system, at least not from my personal experience.
When button pushing in the forest and leveling an account is an OOC activity, why in the world would it somehow translate into an IC activity, which role playing is, no matter who is or has done it...???

So...it is really hilarious to me that

spoiler alert :smt077

people still believe in the tooth fairy is all... you know?

Might I also add that belief in the tooth fairy has actually made a significant amount of money for businesses over the years.  :roll:

That aside, if someone with many resets has no RP skill at all, then when they try to use those resets in battle, it will show. Will it mean that they can't use the power? Well, I suppose not under the system that we currently have, but it does mean that they are not on the same caliber as someone who has fleshed out how to actually do things on this site. I'm good, but very much inexperienced still compared to some of my counterparts who have both been here longer and still zone fight regularly.

In short, you may equate it to believing in the tooth fairy, but at the same time, it has been thrilling for those of age to start losing baby teeth in exchange for money (regardless of the means, often parodied). As such, the resets have been the way of connecting the game site, originally used for the button clicking that you mention with RP as an aside, with the RP itself. And to keep newbies from jumping straight out of the water with the most powerful techs in the game.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 04:54:18 PM »

why? What's wrong with a noobie jumping out and kicking your butt at this stage of the game? He can buy an account that is fully maxed any day of the week and that is perfectly fine.

So a rich noobie is ok? and a poor one is not?

I can beat any noob who bought a 16-account reset with Yoshira. Easily.
Just because you buy a fancy truck doesn't mean you can automatically drive. And it's for that reason that I say let the noobs buy whatever they want. Fighting on SL between overpowered characters is actually generally not about who has more resets, but who's a better fighter. That's why I'll beat Madara and Kamui when my bijū matches start, because I'm good at fighting. Like I said, if some noob bought a 16-reset, then all they are is a rich noob. So what?

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 08:13:05 PM »

why? What's wrong with a noobie jumping out and kicking your butt at this stage of the game? He can buy an account that is fully maxed any day of the week and that is perfectly fine.

So a rich noobie is ok? and a poor one is not?

I can beat any noob who bought a 16-account reset with Yoshira. Easily.
Just because you buy a fancy truck doesn't mean you can automatically drive. And it's for that reason that I say let the noobs buy whatever they want. Fighting on SL between overpowered characters is actually generally not about who has more resets, but who's a better fighter. That's why I'll beat Madara and Kamui when my bijū matches start, because I'm good at fighting. Like I said, if some noob bought a 16-reset, then all they are is a rich noob. So what?

At this point in the game I see a lot of lazy role players with high reborn accounts that spam uchiha hax and such. I don't mind playing 'hax and spam' with them as that's how I usually roleplay against others in the zones, but when it comes down to something such as a match for my characters life I switch it into tryhard mode.

All noobies aren't bad.
That being said in regards to Rinn. He is a good rp'er regardless of him being newer than us. Still sticking on Kayenta's side when saying they shouldn't have anywhere near our level of skill straight out the gate. However in the end we can't dictate who does what anymore. I have tried a lot of times to bring some kind of foundation for rp and after awhile it just fades.

TL;DR

Regardless of veteran status, if someone is a good rp'er you will notice.

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 01:26:45 AM »

One to three paragraphs and you can tell someone that's skilled versus someone that's not. Same goes for resets, you can ordinarily differentiate one that's earned them/ is worthy of them rather than one that's bought them.

Some people deserve it, others just don't. Some folks never take the time to learn or even try to. They just want to compete with terrible writing.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2014, 04:02:51 AM »

At the end of the day, the only thing that we can all agree on is that Madara is the best dancer.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 16 queries.