Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Human Realm vs Hozuki Transformations  (Read 2322 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Human Realm vs Hozuki Transformations
« on: October 26, 2014, 06:54:16 PM »

This is a question I've had for a while, I just feel like getting an answer now before it inevitably comes up in an actual rp.

If someone is using a Hozuki-style transformation to turn their body into water, fire, lightning, rainbows, puppies, whatever, and I touch their elemental body and attempt to remove their soul with the Rinnegan's Human Realm abilities, does it work?

I say yes as long as you are still physically touching their elemental body and they didn't just make a hole for your hand to pass through. Regardless of what their body is currently made of it still houses their soul so whether I'm grabbing an arm with a soul in it or a puddle with a soul in it I should be able to remove it with the Human Realm.

Opinions?

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Human Realm vs Hozuki Transformations
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 10:17:36 PM »

My thoughts are that if you can grab it, then you can snatch it.

Since the Hozuki transformation is not purely water (it has a sort of oily-like property along with it to my understanding) then only if they used fluidity to escape your grasp in some fashion would it do anyone any good to use that transformation against the human path.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 02:08:59 AM »

Actually,
"The Second Mizukage uses a mixture of both oil and water which was able to seep into Gaara's sand and nullify it.[5][6] It is unknown whether the water used by other clan members share the same, or similar properties."

Well, I think it should still work since you are touching them but just in a liquified/transformed state.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 05:17:26 AM »

Answered within itself.
The actual soul is being removed, not body part or w.e. Thus if their being is composed of said element as per their techniques; their soul is still susceptible to being sucked. Such defense shouldn't grant them protection of soul sucking, for it doesn't take measures to prevent a persons soul from being removed from their meat corpse; rather physical contact injuries and body morphing.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 04:02:25 PM »

This isn't really the question you asking but I wanted to add in my own question. What if someone is wearing an elemental coating? Does that prevent the tech from working as you aren't touching them exactly but rather their coating like how Garra wears his sand as a shield for example. Sense it prevents you from touching the actual vessel that host the soul should it therefor prevent the would from being extracted?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 11:02:13 PM »

I would say that any "skin-tight" defense like Armor of Sand or Raiton no Yoroi would not help because of this

Nagato could Human Path Naruto through his clothes and his chakra cloak. You'd have to do something substantial like this.

Or better yet just not let them touch you, which is just how zone fighting works at this point anyway.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 11:15:46 PM »

I don't know what I'd do without Bocch.

The guy answers his own questions. Perfectly. Flawlessly. Gracefully.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 03:22:58 AM »

The only counter-defense that I could possibly think for using against the Human Path is the Body Splitting Technique, other then that as long as you avoid any physical contact with a user of the Rinnegan, you won't have to deal with the whole 'tug-o-war' for your soul.

Edit:

I'unno. Maybe the Spirit Transformation Technique could also work as a viable counter-defense against the Human Path?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:26:25 AM by Camel »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 03:38:05 AM »

The only counter-defense that I could possibly think for using against the Human Path is the Body Splitting Technique, other then that as long as you avoid any physical contact with a user of the Rinnegan, you won't have to deal with the whole 'tug-o-war' for your soul.

Edit:

I'unno. Maybe the Spirit Transformation Technique could also work as a viable counter-defense against the Human Path?

Is the Spirit Transformation Technique even legal in SL?  :?:
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 04:54:51 AM »

Edit:

Is the Spirit Transformation Technique even legal in SL?  :?:

It is, it's just claimed solely by Zenaku.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 06:05:30 AM »

What happens if you use it on a clone? Does that portion of chakra from a person disappear forever? Do you still get to interrogate their memories? Do you prevent the process of memory recollection after a clone disperses?

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 02:06:51 PM »

Does jack squat to a clone, because they're just chakra. Muu style splitting though is another matter, one half getting human pathed means half is gone for good, lest retrieved from the king of hell or something of course.

As for defenses, reika no jutsu might work yeah, cause then you can argue your control over yourself as a spirit is greater than their pull, and then its a stand-off and nothing happens, lol.

Other ways? Perhaps, but I'm not telling you those~.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 02:33:58 PM »

A clones bleeds if you cut it, it's an actual body. I'd argue you could get knowledge from a clone via the Human Path but doing that or just straight up pulling out its soul makes it poof.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 02:35:42 PM »

I've a feeling it'd be a similar case as with Tsukuyomi, ineffective, like Itachi's was to Kakashi's clone.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 02:43:39 PM »

A clones bleeds if you cut it, it's an actual body. I'd argue you could get knowledge from a clone via the Human Path but doing that or just straight up pulling out its soul makes it poof.

A clone does not have a soul though, at least I would argue that it does not. It might have a mind of its own, but a soul that could be pulled out and interrogated is pretty unlikely.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 15 queries.