Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Now Damage  (Read 11790 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Now Damage
« on: October 30, 2014, 07:21:22 AM »

Since they have both accepted my terms I am accepting Eikan's attack as legitimate. Now we can decide what, if any, damage it does to me.

First order of business. I still say my Izanagi could be active. 60 seconds of it. Eikan did not mention it in his post. So I say that at 55 seconds his curse hits me and the damage is negated by Izanagi. Let's confirm or deny this before moving on.

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Now Damage
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 07:40:07 AM »

Glad that is out of the way.

First off, I say no to Izangi. Reason being, he doesn't specify the time and neither do you. Second, you used the incineration technique to dodge the shoton, which implies you don't have inzangi (Albeit you said this was basically a feign move to catch Hazzy off guard, but beyond you just saying that, we don't know). My main problem is, it's just too close and impractical to count. I mean You had a lot of small dialogue and actions. It's borderline under, or borderline over. It's simply impractical to have an argument based off time (What are we going to do, get a stop watch out and recreate it? >>) It'd just be too hard to decide something like that.

You could go with the incineration technique argument, and that could be expanded on in an argument. However, it would be unfair if we discussed that before you posted it (After all, if it's decided that won't work, you could just post something else.) So if you did do that, I'd rather you have you post it first, to prevent you getting another unfair try. In regards to that technique, I've already stated that I don't think it would work.

However, to not seem like a total meanie to you Bocc and a hypocrite. I question the blood being used. I firmly believe you need a fresh sample to kill people, or at least not bad blood. According to a quick google search, I found this quote.

"Platelets have a shelf life of only 5 days. Red blood cells need to be stored in refrigeration and have a shelf life of 42 days. Plasma is frozen and can be stored for up to a year. Once a unit of plasma is thawed, it must be transfused within 24 hours."

Blood does not last forever. Now i don't know how long ago you died (I'd wager over a year now), I'd say that blood went bad long ago (which is why I don't accept you killing Kamui) and that's assuming someone froze plasma. So unless there was some jutsu hacks to extend it, I wouldn't think it would work. Obviously that is just a brief overview of the shelf life of blood, and not totally detailed and accurate.

Tl;dr
From a judge's perspective, I'd say no to Izangi, and incineration technique. The attack would hit you and severely wound, if not kill you. However, I would question the legitimacy of the blood.

And that's my thoughts on this whole debacle!  ;)
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 07:51:19 AM »

That just makes me think that I should be able to use Izanagi to avoid it. In situations like this where things cannot be proved you just have to ask, "Is it possible that this occurred." That's how it's been for me in the past when there were arguments about things like someone being fast enough to dodge an attack. Obviously we cannot go out and radar gun someone using Raiton no Yoroi, so we can't say exactly what the speed is, we'd just have to decide whether or not it is at all possible to dodge whatever with it. As you have said it is possible my Izanagi is still active, if cutting it close, so I should be allowed to say so. Eikan did not note anything about it in his post, so I will come mine.

Also I didn't consider the blood argument. I can tell you right now they'll argue it doesn't matter if the blood is expired or not. On a semi-related note, I do claim that the Jashin no Keshin I seal the blood in keeps it good indefinitely, through based Jashin magic. I just never actually added anything to the wiki page after making it. >>;
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:52:23 AM by bocchiere »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 08:09:28 AM »

Meh, I'd say no, but I will agree it is tricky. Like I said it is possible that the time limit is still in effect, however it is equally possible it is not. I mean I've tried calculating it in my head a few times (which is no accurate measure) and a few times I've come slightly under, or slightly over. But it is impossible to actually time and those are very loose estimates. Idk, I'm pretty torn on this one, so I'll let other people jump in >>

Well, like I said, in my opinion the blood is the deal breaker. Like most of the concepts in this topic, it's speculation, and I speculate you need good blood to perform it. Others or most might disagree with me. And get to posting on the wiki! You'd have me on your side if you just posted all your little secrets! xD

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 01:23:34 PM »

Since they have both accepted my terms I am accepting Eikan's attack as legitimate. Now we can decide what, if any, damage it does to me.

First order of business. I still say my Izanagi could be active. 60 seconds of it. Eikan did not mention it in his post. So I say that at 55 seconds his curse hits me and the damage is negated by Izanagi. Let's confirm or deny this before moving on.

You used Izanagi? That is a self jutsu that turns reality into illusion and illusion into reality. Meaning that your incineration technique (as well as damage taken) would be an illusion. So if izanagi may be active for more than one turn, then from what I know of this topic, you are just a big troll for using incineration technique in the first place considering that it won't actually affect your body.

If Izanagi can only be active for a single turn, and you started the activation in  a previous turn, then the damage is based off of the incineration technique.

Izanagi's usage over turns is more SL time sensible than trying to get a stopwatch and all.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 04:45:23 PM »

You used Izanagi? That is a self jutsu that turns reality into illusion and illusion into reality. Meaning that your incineration technique (as well as damage taken) would be an illusion. So if izanagi may be active for more than one turn, then from what I know of this topic, you are just a big troll for using incineration technique in the first place considering that it won't actually affect your body.

If Izanagi can only be active for a single turn, and you started the activation in  a previous turn, then the damage is based off of the incineration technique.

Izanagi's usage over turns is more SL time sensible than trying to get a stopwatch and all.

Yes but there are no official rules for Izanagi. I was rping with reasonable people who I am friends with, and then Eikan jumped me.

I used the 60 second Izanagi to kill Kamui, and then warped here to fight Hazama. As Trev said already it is very close, I'm probably at like 50 to 55 seconds. It was my plan to tank Hazama's first attack with it and then seal him.

Rusaku was complaining that I did not say it was still active, well it isn't my fault he doesn't know how Izanagi works. It is active for 60 seconds and as far as we know it's kind of a let it rip sort of jutsu. It's not been shown that you have any control over Izanagi once it is active. You literally might not as when your body vanishes Danzo, instead of appearing behind Sasuke and killing him, kept reappearing in semi-random places.

I don't think it is fair that I cannot say it is active just because someone whose got a bunch of salt about me bum-rushed my rp. I've already made the comparison of it being like claiming someones Raiton no Yoroi isn't up 2 turns later because they didn't say it was still active.

If I go
"Activate Raiton no Yoroi, run to punch you."
"I Kamui through it."
"I turn and dash back at you, roundhouse kicking at your head."
"I block it with a Raiton infused blade, it would sever your leg because you did not say your Raiton no Yoroi is still active."

No one would agree that yes, you need to remind them every turn your Raiton no Yoroi is still active. I don't see how this is any different. We can all go read the rp where I said I activated Izanagi, I continued to rp, and did not state Izanagi had yet ceased.

I don't really see how that can be argued against in any definitive fashion. Yes you can say maybe this or maybe not, but Eikan did not address the Izanagi at all in his post. So in my opinion he has no ground to stand on saying that it has ceased.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 05:21:09 PM by bocchiere »

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 08:40:44 PM »

Like I said before, I could just pull a tactic out of your book and say that because you stated you were talking slowly, that it’s 1 word every 30 seconds. It’s exactly what you did to me in the Shadow fight with Extreme decapitating airwaves. Because I described the attack as a wall of air pressure, you sent me a picture of a wall the size of my shin saying that's what you would claim the attack as. I mean, slowly could mean any of a million different speeds right?  I do not think the Izanagi would be in effect because you did several actions within the time-frame such as talking to Sej, finding Hazama’s chakra with the crystal ball, sending Sej to Iwa, Utilizing the Kamui teleportation, appearing in front of Hazama to deliver delivering your threat and killing intent, Allowing the biju cloak to overtake you. Now lets not forget Haz had a cute little daydream, and delivered some very short dialogue before being retro posted. Bocc then initiated an attack, and dodged an attack in this time. I personally believe his Izanagi would have ended, but even with bocc understanding that it could as well be 55 seconds, he should also understand it could have been 61 seconds. I doubt me or him will come to a conclusion seeing as we are both biased to this, so it’s really up to other people to decide.

As for the blood. The way I see it, bocc made a similar argument I am against Kamui. Blood is blood no matter how old it is. He had to draw fresh blood every time because his opponents blood is not just readily available in combat unless you draw it yourself. True you can’t take blood from a year ago and put it through your veins and not get blood poisoning, but I do not feel it applies when it comes to ingesting it, the same way bocc thinks it does not apply when it comes to the Jashin circle.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 08:42:14 PM »

I'm still not very found of that comparison. I see what you're getting at with the lightning armor, however lightning armor is not a time expiring technique. You wouldn't have to state you kept it going, since it's implied with the technique. Unlike Inzangi which is timed.

A better comparison might be Kamui, which can last like 5 minutes I believe. It'd be like saying you used Kamui to avoid something, then ran around a little bit and when you get caught like five posts later say you never stated Kamui ending and are thus still intangible and it's only been 3 minutes. That's a no go for me.

You're right, Eikan did not address the Izangi, but why would he? You made no note in your post that it was still active, how long it would last in your original post, or the duration of time between posts. If you had clearly done those things, then yes it would be his responsibility to address it.

I'll have to hold firm in my stance here. I think you would have a better counter with regards to using the incineration technique (I still don't think it would work, but it's a better argument, one that doesn't rely on time, something impossible to calculate since nobody posted how long each posts took, etc)

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 08:47:31 PM »

As for the blood. The way I see it, bocc made a similar argument I am against Kamui. Blood is blood no matter how old it is. He had to draw fresh blood every time because his opponents blood is not just readily available in combat unless you draw it yourself. True you can’t take blood from a year ago and put it through your veins and not get blood poisoning, but I do not feel it applies when it comes to ingesting it, the same way bocc thinks it does not apply when it comes to the Jashin circle.

Like I said, I seem to be the minority in that argument, which I can accept. I don't believe he could have killed Kamui with old blood, and I won't be a hypocrite just because Bocc is on the receiving end. But I think I'm the only one with that thought process, so it's a non existent argument, which I have already lost! So don't worry about it unless it somehow picks up steam

Darkshinobi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 08:51:53 PM »

Timed techniques don't translate well to the SLverse.
This has long been known. Time is something extremely hard to calculate in a fight on SL; the duration of abilities should always be in terms of posts. This is one of the few acceptable breaks from reality made to minimize headaches just like this.

To that end, I've to agree with Trev's explanation above(which I'm gonna quote in case posts have been made before I finish this):
I'm still not very found of that comparison. I see what you're getting at with the lightning armor, however lightning armor is not a time expiring technique. You wouldn't have to state you kept it going, since it's implied with the technique. Unlike Inzangi which is timed.

A better comparison might be Kamui, which can last like 5 minutes I believe. It'd be like saying you used Kamui to avoid something, then ran around a little bit and when you get caught like five posts later say you never stated Kamui ending and are thus still intangible and it's only been 3 minutes. That's a no go for me.

You're right, Eikan did not address the Izangi, but why would he? You made no note in your post that it was still active, how long it would last in your original post, or the duration of time between posts. If you had clearly done those things, then yes it would be his responsibility to address it.

I'll have to hold firm in my stance here. I think you would have a better counter with regards to using the incineration technique (I still don't think it would work, but it's a better argument, one that doesn't rely on time, something impossible to calculate since nobody posted how long each posts took, etc)

I personally believe that Izanagi shouldn't last longer than one post, and many of your fights have won technicalities due to things not being stated -- such as with that Genjutsu against Trev. I believe that's the argument Alek's trying to give: if it was that way for you before, why should it not be now?
Regardless of whether or not Izanagi needs be stated, my opinion is that it shouldn't be active for longer than one turn; it's the most powerful genjutsu in the world, period.

To that end,  I vote that the damage be inferred based on Bocchiere's incineration technique, not on Izanagi itself.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 10:25:24 PM »

From a judge's standpoint, I feel that using the same Izanagi twice in succession to avoid the harsh realities of death is god-mod, considering you can only use it once per injury/death; the eye that it was cast from becomes useless and blind, after you change the reality to benefit your situation.

Bocchiere in his version of his RP, used Izanagi to get out of the harsh death of molecular deconstruction that was reflected upon Kamui.
Now because of this current scenario that was accepted by Bocchiere, this would actually count as one use of Izanagi but this doesn't mean that Izanagi can't be casted again; you would just need to sacrifice one of your remaining eyes in order to avoid the damage counter and somehow form the handseals within the allotted time-frame.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 10:27:01 PM by Camel »

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 10:39:05 PM »

Yet with the way I created the attack he would be unable to form the chakra needed to utilize the eye technique again should it connect. His chakra pathway system will be gone, and two of his eyes destroyed (The ones in his face holes.) Yes he retains the ones in his back, but something I thought of is this: Would the needle pricks, mess up the eyes in his back should they connect? I am really not sure about this one. I did not mean for that with this attack seeing as I didn't know about the extra eyes, but inadvertently I would be pricking them with injection needles should the damage be transferred in that way. I'm not pushing for this to be a thing as well, to not spark up more arguments, I am just wondering.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Darkshinobi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 11:06:05 PM »

Were the needle pricks done to the back? Pricks to the eyes would only hurt his eyes; damage done to your back would translate to the same spot on him.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 11:16:44 PM »

Were the needle pricks done to the back? Pricks to the eyes would only hurt his eyes; damage done to your back would translate to the same spot on him.

Well there is a needle for each of the 361 tenketsu, plus the two for his original eyes. You can assume several needles would be in the back area.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 05:01:36 AM »

From my own stand point, the actions being done in zone 8 took more than 60 seconds. >>;
Sure things might have gotten heated, literally quite fast between Bocch and Hazama but if it hasn't been a minute yet, its like abouta be.
So whatever that means, if Izanagi and trust me I have no idea what that thing does, is either active or about to finish. Where does that leave the effects of the attempted attack on Bocch, then?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.