Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Don't know what to call it.  (Read 3990 times)

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Don't know what to call it.
« on: October 31, 2014, 04:41:56 AM »

So I guess launching an attack in the opposite direction of a person, still hits said person. Or so this logic seems to be.
Just wanted to post this on the forum cuz, apparently Kirk doesn't agree with my logic, regarding the shenanigans in Iwa.
REMINDER NO OFFICIAL DISTANCE WAS MADE, EVER, BY ANYONE
Put it in short;
The elder Senju was ready to brawl now.... As this went on the bat would have launched its assault upon Manji. It truly would have been a silent attack that happened at the sound of speed as it aimed to stop Manji in +
(9d2h) <暁> 酔いの~ Kirk his tracks. The bat would release a stream of sound waves that were set at a frequency that shattered solid material to the point of causing them to break apart. It was not a chakra based attack but rather a special skill of Uetto's summons. +
(9d2h) <暁> 酔いの~ Kirk Simply put it was a screech one that could not even be heard due to the weird frequency. The only sign of the attack would be the ground that was stripped up between the bat and Manji spanning out as it traveled to increase the range of the +
(9d2h) <暁> 酔いの~ Kirk attack to a radius of 25 meters making it hard to simply dodge as it would travel so fast.
This is the initial bat attack, if you wanna take my wording apart and use it against me to say I was not out of harms way, right here; as this went on the bat would have launched its assault upon Manji.

So just putting in my own sense, Me and Trev spawned via kamui NOT AT THE VILLAGE GATES I guess it was never established how far, so I'm saying the max distance we could be away is around 500 feet, who knows, we were trying to wait for others and not show our faces to the gate people. Thus by that logic; me and Trev are next to each other. In comes Manji from a mountain range far away from the scene, meaning he needs to travel to even get to where Trev and Keito are on the map. As he is traveling Kirk's bat intercepts him, and suddenly Keito is in the way?
No way man. >>; I'd understand if I left my original spot to go help Manji or even Ray, but I did not. My actions were to leap myself backwards 100 feet, given thats allowed, seeing two people already entered sage mode via 1 turn. >_>'
Either way launching myself backwards, would further me away from everyone. This would also prevent me from being in harms way of my own attack; which Eric, Kirk, and the ANBU are all in the way of since it was aimed towards the gates.

I don't care about a re-post, I can RP going off that your assumption that you could kill me out of no where is false. If you wanna target me then, Trev, Ray & Sabu would all be in the way as well, not just Keito, and you never directed the attack towards his direction, only claiming such. >>; I didn't respond to your attack since it wasn't directed at me. Maybe if it was I woulda.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Don't know what to call it.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 05:33:54 AM »

Manji did state that he was running toward your group, so in that fashion at least I could understand how you could be hit with an attack aimed at Manji. Though I would think it would hit Trev too then. To be honest I don't understand Kirk's attack as I'm not a science man, he would have to explain his reasoning, which is why I asked you guys to talk to him, as I doubt anyone has been paying attention to our rp and no one besides the people participating are going to have any idea what you are talking about.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 05:50:41 AM »

I was paying attention, and if i'm right Manji and Trev/Keito were on opposing sides of the village weren't they? It also states that Uetto targeted Manji specifically, so I don't see how it would hit the others if they weren't butt humping Manji, which to my knowledge they weren't

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 05:54:31 AM »

I was paying attention, and if i'm right Manji and Trev/Keito were on opposing sides of the village weren't they? It also states that Uetto targeted Manji specifically, so I don't see how it would hit the others if they weren't butt humping Manji, which to my knowledge they weren't

I don't remember it stating they were on opposites sides, but I have not been paying that much attention to it either.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 06:09:46 AM »

Okay so I read back through and Keito/Trev entered the battlefield via the Eastern mountains, and Manji was making his way towards the gates, so unless Trev and Keito somehow got from those mountains to the gates I don't see how Uetto's attack would hit them,

but maybe i'm just talking out of my backside.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 06:38:14 AM »

Okay so I read back through and Keito/Trev entered the battlefield via the Eastern mountains, and Manji was making his way towards the gates, so unless Trev and Keito somehow got from those mountains to the gates I don't see how Uetto's attack would hit them,

but maybe i'm just talking out of my backside.

We don't have a map of the village, maybe the gates face the East, I unno. xD

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 06:41:02 AM »

Damn xD this is relevant information, I assumed the gates were facing south, since there would be mountains to the north east and west of the village,

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 07:35:08 AM »

Probably could requisition a map from someone, somewhere.

Only one I found of Iwa, hehe, well, it leaves a bit to be desired.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 07:49:06 AM »

From the Iwa wiki page on naruto profile

"At the eastern boundaries of this nation lies the Outlands, a rock-strewn upland with various crags, chasms, and tors. A line of mountains stretch through most of the horizon here, this naturally harsh terrain making passage to Iwagakure especially treacherous; in particular, the precarious footing and small footholds serve as a constant reminder of one's mortality. At the base of the massif starts a lengthy, meandering road that leads to Iwagakure, a path many villagers and merchants call The Long Road. It is a road seldom traveled, due to its starkness, but one needed to reach the gates of Iwagakure."

So to me and my reading might be a bit off here, it seemed like there are these set out mountains on your eastern border. From these mountains there is the loan road to reach the gate. A basic assumption would be your gate is also on the eastern side, since a road leads to the mountains. However this assumes the road does not bend in a different direction at all. Don't know, not enough info.

What I can tell you, is that I literally have not moved since my initial post

"This Kamui portal opened on a cliff, that overlooked Iwagakure, which could be found in the+
(15d11h) <♪> Otokage 音 Trev distance."

Kirk's:
 "The only sign of the attack would be the ground that was stripped up between the bat and Manji spanning out as it traveled to increase the range of the +
(9d5h) <暁> 酔いの~ Kirk attack to a radius of 25 meters making it hard to simply dodge as it would travel so fast." 25 meters = 82 feet roughly

Me:
"Begin to get a better feel of the combatants in the battle, via the Sharingan and negative emotion sensing. Particularly what caught his eye was the ground ripping up between the bat and Manji. Being very far away from Iwagakure currently+ safe from most attacks"

I mean, shame on me for not posting a specific distance, but I've posted that I'm generally a fair distance away. Keito is next to me, so I don't think 82 feet is gonna cut it. That's just my say though, as either way I'm basically wearing Ototon armor, so this isn't my issue.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 08:05:08 AM »

That makes me feel like Kirk's attack was a wave that was 82 feet wide coming at Manji. Not that it only reached 82 feet. No one knows but Kirk! Which is why I asked the two to talk it out, don't really know why a forum topic was made.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 08:09:09 AM »

The lonely road ain't so nice either, almost got jumped there by Iwa revolutionaries trying to deliver supplies to the village!

I don't either, I don't think we are. But according to Keito, Kirk says otherwise. I don't know the extent of his resistance.

@Keito: Did you and Kirk agree to solve the issue via this forum topic? Should we be voting, or just discussing. Cause you should figure out how you two want to work it out. This or get a judge. The problem doesn't seem too extensive, a judge could probably make a ruling in under an hour.

If you guys did decide forum, obviously my vote is that it won't hit us.

@Bocc and Kay: I suggest using the wiki's map features! You definitely can apply landmarks to all of the land of Earth, which is nice to have, as I did that with Oto. I haven't messed with it though in regards to intricate detail of the actual village. Maybe you two can tests it out. But anyway, that's sort of off topic.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 01:18:58 PM »

I'm almost positive Keitō isn't in the way of Kirk's attack.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 04:41:04 PM »

I second Sabu, i'm pretty sure neither Keito nor Trev are anywhere near the blast zone/death zone/miss zone/whatever zone of the attack

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 04:44:36 PM »

Ill reply to this when I get time. I spoke to Keito about getting a judge an us talking and what not but if he wants to go to the forums then I'll make a post here.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 07:24:34 PM »

I pointed out to Keito that his post made it sound like he was 100 feet from the gates before Kirk made his post. Furthermore, I am 100% sure from just the SL map alone that Iwagakure is not that close to any border. Not even the Stone are so dense as to put their village right at the border of their massive country.

Now, if we're going to get technical, the attack uses malicious sound waves to rattle and shatter the physical portions of the body. This includes liquids, solids, and gasses (though due to the distance between gases they would not be rattled nearly as much, merely shifted somewhat due to the energy passing).

By the technique's theory, the denser the object, the more damage done. An ordinary sound wave has the power to deliver concussive force, and shatter glass, so consider an amplified version of that that can shatter bone in a similar fashion. Sound waves, in theory and in practice, have the potential to put out a fire:

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/nstv/2012/07/how-to-extinguish-a-fire-by-blasting-sound.html

It would take increased chakra in order to sustain a fire under these conditions, so in theory it is survivable for fire-body if he dramatically increased the amount of chakra he puts into the technique. He would then need to reform back to his normal self and counter Kirk's sealing fuinjutsu.

Manji would be approaching Trev, Keito, and the gates area in general from a different direction than the Long Road (since we can consider that the "front" of Iwagakure). Since where exactly Manji is is not determined by the time the attack happens, Manji would have had to be directly between the gates and Trev-Keito in order for the bat attack to affect both Keito and Manji in the same directional sense, even if Keito was only 100 feet from the gates.

As stated earlier then, it is nearly impossible for Keito to be in danger but not Trev (sound armor or no, Kirk's character is not likely to know that right off the bat, and such would factor in damaging him as well if possible).

The above paragraphs are further reinforced by Keito's attack being countered; his attack more or less goes in a straight line, for in order for Manji and Keito both to be  affected along with this attack, Manji would have to be almost directly in front of the oncoming technique in order for the attack and for Manji to be affected, and because of Keito jumping like a frog backwards, he would also have to be struck in the same line. Trev, since he has not moved, would then be between all of this madness, and would find himself ALSO having to deal with the repercussions of Keito's attack backfiring, if it were to backfire as stated.

Tl;Dr: Keito, Manji, and the shuriken attack would all have to be lined up, more or less, in order to be hit by the attack as stated in Kirk's post. Since that is unlikely but not impossible, it is very unlikely that it could hit them both and not Trev.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 5.066 seconds with 20 queries.