Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Night Guy  (Read 9567 times)

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
Night Guy
« on: November 03, 2014, 02:15:56 AM »

I've thought about it for quite sometime using my deduction skills so I think I'm correct in thinking that Yagai works in such a way where the space between the user and the enemy is gone.

(Note: Although these names might seem similar, they are made up and have no connection to any people that you might know with names that closely resemble the ones mentioned below. No offense was intended.)
Example:
The very space between Uyr's foot and Ereihccob's body was removed or basically bent. Another way of putting it, because the extreme speed and the space between the individuals are no more, Ereihccob cannot dodge or block the attack. So where Uyr's foot once was is now gently planted on the area of Ereihccob that he wishes to land it on because the space between them vanished.

To sum it up, the user bends the space and time between his destination causing him to teleport, in a sense, to that destination. The space that was once between Ury's foot and Ereihccob's is no more.
The space-time between point A and B has disappeared basically.

http://m.mangatown.com/manga/naruto/v63/c672/11.html

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Night Guy
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 02:25:46 AM »

You're acting like the space-distorting of the technique is not clear when it states pretty explicitly what it does.

"he dashes forward at such an extreme speed that the space (空間, kūkan) within the immediate vicinity of the technique is distorted, allowing him to bypass his target's defences."

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Night_Guy

Guy doesn't teleport forward he distorts Madara's shakujo away from him so Madara can't defend himself, exactly like the wiki states. .-.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 02:32:10 AM »

I've been looking at the wiki and the talk page so I know what I'm talking about.  :twisted: Your time is coming soon.

He basically bends the space in front of him. It would make no sense if he just moved his shakujo.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 02:42:31 AM »

Portal picture
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 02:47:07 AM »

I've been looking at the wiki and the talk page so I know what I'm talking about.  :twisted: Your time is coming soon.

He basically bends the space in front of him. It would make no sense if he just moved his shakujo.

Have fun with that, I'll Hiraishin to a different country and wait for the 8th Gate to kill you.

Whether it makes sense or not that's clearly what it is doing on the manga page that you provided.

Madara didn't state that Guy moved instantaneously (as teleportation would be) or that he was unable to follow the movement. He says, "What?! He's twisting the very air around him?!"

As I also read the talk pages over the course of about 45 seconds, air was one of the translations for kūkan, so he is stating that space is twisting around him.

There is then a panel solely to show Madara's shakujo being bent and then Guy hits him on the next page, with Madara's shakujo curved under his leg due to the spacial distortion. The technique allows you to literally bend away anything your opponent is attempting to block you with.

It's bending space, what you are trying to claim is folding space.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:53:08 AM by bocchiere »

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 02:58:35 AM »

You're actually seeing the space in front of Madara being bent. Basically that space that was once keeping Madara and Guy from each other became no more.

I also said it's like teleporting, "in a sense", since he appears in front of him instantaneously.

Madara could not move because his very space was being manipulated. Think of it as if he was able to jump back several miles or something, Guy would just appear with his foot planted on his chest or in your case.. Well back to me proving my point and your demise.

Try to Hiraishin in a space--time barrier pal.

So when do you want to do this man? I'm ready when you are.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 03:10:50 AM »

Madara could not move because his very space was being manipulated.

Now THAT is baseless, there is nothing to suggest Madara cannot move.

Sorry but you've missed the train to "Force me to rp with jutsu being used incorrectly Town."

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 03:17:17 AM »

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-673-page-10.html

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Night_Guy
When Guy initiates the technique, he emits a huge amount of chakra. After gathering all of this chakra around his body — forming a flickering dragon-like aura — he dashes forward at such an extreme speed that the space (空間, kūkan) within the immediate vicinity of the technique is distorted, allowing him to bypass his target's defences.

To twist and distort the air/space around one's self is one thing, but that is not on the level of Space-Time Ninjutsu. Kamui initially distorts the space around where it is aimed, and then goes on with it's manipulation of Space-Time at that targeted area by sucking whatever into a portal to it's Kamui Dimension.

As seen in the page above, Madara puts his staff forward to defend himself, and what better way to eliminate his opponent's attack by obliterating his oncoming foot/leg? But his staff distorts, meaning that it bends around Gai's oncoming kick. Which means if it's not in his direct straight-forward way, then it will be distorted.

There's also the fact that the jutsu is still categorized as a Kinjutsu and Taijutsu, nothing else. There's also the fact that it's a short-ranged attack.

But think of the attack being like an arrow. An Arrow is sharpened and pointed for two reasons: To easily cut through the air when sent flying, and to strike it's target on point.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 05:16:59 AM »

You bring up a good point Kage. This is from the wiki Talk:Night Guy page.

In real world, yes. But this is a manga. I'm guessing Madara used the word 空 kū, meaning empty space. Guy most likely didn't distort the air he breathes, but the space itself. Seelentau 愛議 08:51, April 10, 2014 (UTC)

True too. Since Daytime Tiger is capable of distorting atmospheric air, this technique, which is supposedly more impressive, should be able to rend space itself then. But I guess we have to wait for the raw to come out to determine. In case though, if it is spatial distortion, would we classify this as a space-time ninjutsu? Yatanogarasu (Talk) 21:50, April 10, 2014 (UTC)

Nope, that's not what a JN is. Seelentau 愛議 22:08, April 10, 2014 (UTC)

Not sure. All space-time ninjutsu we've seen so far involves teleportation in some way. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 22:50, April 10, 2014 (UTC)

My knowledge of physics is too limited to even comprehend what you guys argue about. How can space be distorted? It's a vacuum, there's nothing to distort, only the mass flowing around--Elveonora (talk) 08:42, April 11, 2014 (UTC)

Well, take a napkin or so, put a dot at each end of it and put it flat in front of you. That's space. Now take the napkin and bend it, so that the two distant points on the napkin touch. That's basically bending space. Seelentau 愛議 08:46, April 11, 2014 (UTC)

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 05:20:30 AM »

Also for more info.

So I get it that he got so fast, that instead of getting from point A into point B, he skipped time and as such connected AB, thus teleported or so? Doubtful, we could actually see the cause and effect in action--Elveonora (talk) 09:13, April 11, 2014 (UTC)

No, just his leg moved so fast that it bend space or so. He didn't "teleport", but rather "kicked through space" or so :D Seelentau 愛議 12:00, April 11, 2014 (UTC)

Damn, stuff too complex for us school-dropouts, head hurts, screw you Kishi. We need to hire a theologist and a theoretical physicist at this point. Omnipotent old men fly outside of spacetime, space bends, dead people live again, you can't explain that.--Elveonora (talk) 12:07, April 11, 2014 (UTC)

Raw is out. The word used was "kūkan"/空間, Guy's kick literally bent the space-time continuum it seems. Omnibender - Talk - Contributions 15:20, April 11, 2014 (UTC)

Mangapanda was right this time, seems the space got bend/distorted as the raws mentioned. —Shakhmoot  (Talk) 16:06, April 11, 2014 (UTC)

Guess I was right after all. Now, should we call it a space-time ninjutsu since it can bend the fabrics of the three dimensional space? Yatanogarasu (Talk) 00:39, April 12, 2014 (UTC)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 06:34:21 AM »

As I already said, bending/distorting space is not the same thing as folding space in my mind.

Honestly my opinion is the only one that matters because he's just going to use this to kamikaze more characters on me or my village/clan.

The kick bends space, if something is put between you and your target space can twist and position it temporarily so it is not in your way. Since it isn't creating portals or anything I would say it wouldn't work on an all encompassing defense, like Shinra Tensei for instance. You can twist and pull a sphere all you want, since you cannot actually sever it and make a time space portal it is still going to cover all avenues between you and your target. Though obviously it would have to be on the very high end of power to stop someone using all 8 gates.

So for reference, if you try and use it to "teleport" in the sense you were talking about in your first post I will not accept that. There's nothing to suggest that Guy's locomotion consists of him doing anything but running and launching himself at Madara with his own physical strength. If he could fold space in the manner you suggest then the technique would be Space-Time Ninjutsu. Or rather we'd have to create a new category or sub-category for Space-Time Taijutsu.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 12:52:43 PM »

That's essentially what Night Moth is; a kick, a way too ungodly fast kick. There is no special teleports, space warps or anything about it, it just combines the speed -surpassing even Noon Tiger- and chakra -whole body's unhindered reserve released at once as the dragon- into a strike of such incomprehensible heaviness.

Block it with a Shinra Tensei? If you wanted any hope of the field withstanding it you'd require at least the Grand, village-wiping version of it, but I'd daresay even then you're gonna get blown flying away like a meteor, so no way you're coming out of that unscathed.

As for the bending as seen with Madara's Shakujo, that I'll attribute to the amount of chakra and speed its moving with. As seen with 4-tail Naruto vs Orochimaru, if even a small, condensed bijuudama can strike a big crater to the ground from close proximity to it alone, then just imagine what a gigantic dragon at such velocity does >_>;

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 01:37:44 AM »

As I already said, bending/distorting space is not the same thing as folding space in my mind.

I'll have to remember that the next time I fold my clothes.
Sorry but how do I fold my things without so much as bending it?

Also I never said it was a space-time ninjutsu.

Incase you're not understanding, the user emits an enormous amount of chakra from their body that takes the shape of a dragon. "he dashes forward at such an extreme speed that the space (空間, kūkan) within the immediate vicinity of the technique is distorted, allowing him to bypass his target's defences." Which means the he is going so fast that space within the "vicinity" becomes distorted/bent.

Here's is a more simpler example:

\(^o^)/[----------------Space--------------](・Д・)ノ"I'll Tengai Shinsei the moon into the earth!! Muhahahaha!!"

ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘[---------Space---------] Σ(゚д゚lll)"What?! Well it's alright, he's so far away and I have my Hiraishin just incase.."

"Yagai!!"   (*`へ´*)___」ヽ( ̄д ̄)ノ "B-but how?! It's like the space was distorted/bent!!"

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 01:57:50 AM »

I'm reading this and all I can think of is, "What?"
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 02:05:46 AM »

Yes I do understand how you continue to incorrectly insist the jutsu works. Have fun with it, just don't think you're gonna rp with me with that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 16 queries.