Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Six Paths, Rinnegan and the other half (Spoiler Heavy Content)  (Read 17978 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Six Paths, Rinnegan and the other half (Spoiler Heavy Content)
« on: December 08, 2014, 10:25:13 PM »

So The Last: Naruto the Movie came out over the weekend in Japan, and one of the things which viewers get upon entering (on a first come, first serve basis) is a little booklet that details the movie and acts somewhat like a small databook as well.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Retsu_no_Sho
Raw scans of the book
http://tieba.baidu.com/photo/p?kw=%BB%F0%D3%B0%C8%CC%D5%DF&tid=3451578080&pic_id=7abfc9fcc3cec3fd0bb19c3cd588d43f8694271d&pn=1&see_lz=0#!/pid7abfc9fcc3cec3fd0bb19c3cd588d43f8694271d/pn1

You know how the Sharingan has all those special powers, and then even more special ones after evolving to the Rinnegan? Well the Byakugan can do that too, making the Tenseigan. And apparently, it grants the user the ability to use the Tenseigan Chakra Mode. About nine page-turns into the booklet, you can see it and the chakra mode on Toneri's page. He gained it by taking Hanabi's Byakugan (more eye-snatching shenanigans) and using them as his own.

What I'm trying to get around to is, this introduces a new balance to those who've gone down the Byakugan path. Don't know the full details of what specific powers this mode grants, but it's enough to go toe to toe with Naruto's Nine-tails Chakra Mode in terms of power. This chart I've made below (and the Tenseigan svg/png, as according to how it appears in the databook) ought to help in understanding what the evolution curve is.

I went and named the specific chakra the Tensei Chakra, as opposed to the Six Paths chakra that forms when Uchiha and Senju chakra become mixed. (There's also the Six Paths Sage Chakra that forms when you mix in some Natural Energy, but that's a fork in the road decision we usually have people make, in choosing between Rinnegan or Sage Mode.)

So why exactly did I bring this all up? Like I said before, this could be a power-up and new path for Hyuuga/Ōtsutsukis that want to go with further special eye hacks, instead of Sage Mode. Or if they do want to go down the Sage Mode path, then they have the opportunity to utilize the Tensei Sage Chakra, just as there is the Six Paths Sage Chakra. It's just a suggestion, even if we don't know the full abilities of the Tenseigan yet.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Re: Six Paths, Rinnegan and the other half (Spoiler Heavy Content)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 10:32:52 PM »

That's pretty cool. But how would one go about acquiring that in rp? Otsutsuki stuff is harder to get than Senju, I would imagine

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 10:39:28 PM »

That's pretty cool. But how would one go about acquiring that in rp? Otsutsuki stuff is harder to get than Senju, I would imagine

My character Rusaku was born an Otsutsuki, and actually from what I have heard, my story is similar to the origin of Toneri.

I feel like if we accept this we can drop the requirements of being Otu born, and just have you give up 6 sage/Rinne resets to be able to use it. Seems pretty fair to me considering how under powered the Byuakgan is right now. 

Of course you should also need 4 resets in Byakugan or something.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:45:30 PM by Rusaku »
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 10:47:37 PM »

Well wouldn't have the 4 byakugan be enough? This is basically EMS for the byakugan, at least i'd think so

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 10:57:53 PM »

I would advise waiting for the full rundown on the abilities before jumping to any conclusions. I would be surprised if the Kaguya were completely shoved under the bush in this development.

I at least do not know enough about this new development to completely put forward a yay or neigh for it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 10:59:27 PM »

I think it's good that the Hyuugas are getting a power up, Because Hyuugas are awesome. So i'm all for it, as long as it doesn't have any outlandish destroy the world in one move abilities, in which case we can just put RP rules up for it so that everyone isn't strong-arming it

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 11:42:33 PM »

I think it's good that the Hyuugas are getting a power up, Because Hyuugas are awesome. So i'm all for it, as long as it doesn't have any outlandish destroy the world in one move abilities, in which case we can just put RP rules up for it so that everyone isn't strong-arming it

I feel like it's going to have a hand in bringing down the moon so we may need to nerf it.

No giving up 6 resets as well have having full Byakugan is a good trade off for getting power that is almost equal to Naruto's chakra cloak.

I hate to say it, but it would be unfair to Bocc if every 4 reset  character was able to match his mastered Biju cloak's ability. It should require 10 resets minimum (4 Hyuuga, 6 sage) and the inability to use things like Rinne/Sage. Just to balance things out. Just a suggestion though.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 12:03:49 AM »

I mean at the same time we could nerf down the power of the cloak. I think it'd be a little unfair to the Hyuugas that their advanced techniques take 10 resets whenever the sharingans advanced only takes 4, the EMS practically has the same thing, it's 'chakra cloak' would be susano'o, but the abilities of the eye's make up for the lack in overall susano'o power, unless you count the Final Susano'o but even still. We don't the full abilities of these mode yet so it wouldn't be until then that we can finalize what kind of rules that we're wanting to set up. But I really don't think we should make it take 10 resets, but it just depends on the power of the Otsutsuki stuff

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 03:15:13 AM »

It just might be that the Tenseigan is the warrior counterpart to the Rinnegan's mage status.

I feel like it's going to have a hand in bringing down the moon so we may need to nerf it.

No giving up 6 resets as well have having full Byakugan is a good trade off for getting power that is almost equal to Naruto's chakra cloak.

I hate to say it, but it would be unfair to Bocc if every 4 reset  character was able to match his mastered Biju cloak's ability. It should require 10 resets minimum (4 Hyuuga, 6 sage) and the inability to use things like Rinne/Sage. Just to balance things out. Just a suggestion though.

It's pretty obvious that it will require Rinnegan resets to use it at full power, after getting four Hyuuga resets. What that full power is, is still somewhat unknown. But you get to have a fancy chakra mode.

And ten resets seems extremely fair, when considering that the Rinnegan lets you kill people and take their knowledge upon contact, and also bring down meteors. Throw in the 2 eyes > 1 rule for power-balancing and it would be fine.

Though the whole point behind bringing down the moon in the movie, was because the Otsutsuki clan served as the guardians of the Gedo Mazo's prison, the moon itself. And as such, they literally lived on the moon. This started with Hamura, and would end with Toneri since he's basically the last of his clan and has no purpose now that the events of Kaguya's sealing is now in another dimension. So yeah, there was a ton of butthurt behind bringing down the moon. But Toneri had a device to do that first for him, until it got destroyed by Naruto and Hinata. After which, his Tenseigan finally awakened after getting used to his new eyes (Hanabi's Byakugan) and used that power to continue to bring down the moon. Final battle happened soon afterwards, and Toneri loses. To rub salt into open wounds, Hinata literally just plucks out his eyes just to bring them back to Hanabi.

It is this very last part though, that follows the requirement of needing Otsusuki blood/DNA to not only awaken the Tenseigan, but keept them in that state as well. In the epilogue, Hanabi is shown with just her normal Byakugan eyes. One would think that they would be plug-n-play like the Rinnegan, but I guess Kishi didn't want to stain the Hyuuga's prestigious reputation with in-clan eye-snatching shenanigans. We already know how well that went with the Uchiha in the series, and here.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 03:24:46 AM »

I'll be honest I didn't read the whole thing. But...I'm excited for some new powerups to train when I get around to watching it <.<

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 03:25:19 AM »

It just might be that the Tenseigan is the warrior counterpart to the Rinnegan's mage status.

It's pretty obvious that it will require Rinnegan resets to use it at full power, after getting four Hyuuga resets. What that full power is, is still somewhat unknown. But you get to have a fancy chakra mode.

And ten resets seems extremely fair, when considering that the Rinnegan lets you kill people and take their knowledge upon contact, and also bring down meteors. Throw in the 2 eyes > 1 rule for power-balancing and it would be fine.

Though the whole point behind bringing down the moon in the movie, was because the Otsutsuki clan served as the guardians of the Gedo Mazo's prison, the moon itself. And as such, they literally lived on the moon. This started with Hamura, and would end with Toneri since he's basically the last of his clan and has no purpose now that the events of Kaguya's sealing is now in another dimension. So yeah, there was a ton of butthurt behind bringing down the moon. But Toneri had a device to do that first for him, until it got destroyed by Naruto and Hinata. After which, his Tenseigan finally awakened after getting used to his new eyes (Hanabi's Byakugan) and used that power to continue to bring down the moon. Final battle happened soon afterwards, and Toneri loses. To rub salt into open wounds, Hinata literally just plucks out his eyes just to bring them back to Hanabi.

It is this very last part though, that follows the requirement of needing Otsusuki blood/DNA to not only awaken the Tenseigan, but keept them in that state as well. In the epilogue, Hanabi is shown with just her normal Byakugan eyes. One would think that they would be plug-n-play like the Rinnegan, but I guess Kishi didn't want to stain the Hyuuga's prestigious reputation with in-clan eye-snatching shenanigans. We already know how well that went with the Uchiha in the series, and here.

God the spoils are so strong Q_Q

-Jeffrey dahmer

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 03:56:17 AM »

Another fun fact: The Otsutsuki are the original puppet-users. This is why Toneri has such a large force, despite being the last of his clan. They were all puppets, no strings attached apparently. So that might be fun for Otsutsukis to pull out.

It's almost as if you didn't read the title. Would it bother you if I said that Boruto is getting his own movie next summer, and that there's a possibility of a third child on the way between Naruto and Hinata?

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 04:02:50 AM »

Another fun fact: The Otsutsuki are the original puppet-users. This is why Toneri has such a large force, despite being the last of his clan. They were all puppets, no strings attached apparently. So that might be fun for Otsutsukis to pull out.

It's almost as if you didn't read the title. Would it bother you if I said that Boruto is getting his own movie next summer, and that there's a possibility of a third child on the way between Naruto and Hinata?

I was joking xD And I knew about the Boruto thing, but not the puppet thing. Royji kinda does that with puppets. He uses Magnet release to control his puppet instead of strings.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 04:28:18 AM »

So what does this byakugan power-up actually do?  SOrry if it has already been explained, I just seem to have missed that part. The spoilers are cool, but don't really help me with forming an opinion to help answer this thread with.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 05:03:11 AM »

So what does this byakugan power-up actually do?  SOrry if it has already been explained, I just seem to have missed that part. The spoilers are cool, but don't really help me with forming an opinion to help answer this thread with.

Oh we have no idea yet. Not until the movie is available in Murica. I assume stat boosts and other perks of a chakra cloak. Though we wont know for a minute 

-Jeffrey dahmer
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.