Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Byakugan -> Tenseigan  (Read 48270 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Byakugan -> Tenseigan
« on: December 20, 2014, 03:16:48 AM »

Somebody is bound to bring it into play, so we might as well talk about it now. Especially since the official databook that goes along with the movie has been translated and brought more information on the following two things.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Tenseigan

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Tenseigan_Chakra_Mode

In short, for those with short attention-spans, the Tenseigan is equal to the Rinnegan in terms of power. You're literally on Madara's level with it is what it states too. And the Tenseigan Chakra Mode is equal to the Nine-tails Chakra Mode. The Truth-Seeking Balls are also apparently usable while in this state, and are a glowing green instead of just the normal black as well.

Talk about a huge power leap for the Hyuuga/Otsutsuki. They went from nearly-irrelevant (when put in comparison to the abundance of powers and abilities that the Uchiha/Senju have at their disposal), to equal or greater status.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Re: Byakugan -> Tenseigan
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 03:25:57 AM »

I assume we wont be allowing the Gudodama of the Tenseigan on the site?

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 04:09:43 AM »

That is one hell of a power boost.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 04:58:18 AM »

Needed to give 'em something. Kaguya's excuse was that all her stuff was Kekkei Mora, but Toneri didn't have that leisure.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 06:10:29 AM »

Sure, let's give even more people a reason to leave by allowing something overwhelmingly stupid like that to be used.

So yeah that's my opinion on that getting any play time.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 06:19:30 AM »

Sure, let's give even more people a reason to leave by allowing something overwhelmingly stupid like that to be used.

It's the same as the Rinnegan and the Sharingan's powers that are outside of having to do with chakra-seeing. It just works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 06:21:18 AM »

It's the same as the Rinnegan and the Sharingan's powers that are outside of having to do with chakra-seeing. It just works.

Except it's much better since you get Rikudou-enhanced 9 tails chakra mode too. << You can throw Goudama at people faster than Raiton no Yoroi can move, you're pretty dead.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 06:27:45 AM »

Except it's much better since you get Rikudou-enhanced 9 tails chakra mode too. << You can throw Goudama at people faster than Raiton no Yoroi can move, you're pretty dead.
I never saw them go that fast. But that's why Sage Mode is still the ultimate counter to balance out the advanced eyes' techniques. Though the Gudodama would obviously not be usable immediately. They're put under the same blanket as the KT-making/claiming rules.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 06:29:15 AM »

I never saw them go that fast. But that's why Sage Mode is still the ultimate counter to balance out the advanced eyes' techniques. Though the Gudodama would obviously not be usable immediately. They're put under the same blanket as the KT-making/claiming rules.

The person can go that fast, so they just need to use one like a Rasengan.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 07:10:55 AM »

Meh, till there are more details, I am not getting my underwear in a bunch about this. Right now, it's still very vague, unless this is LITERALLY the equivalent of Rinnegan and Toneri happens to be a sage (hence the super sage characteristics). If this is just the Hyugan equivalent of Rinnegan then it's gonna be kind of dull.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 08:15:06 AM »

I don't see the point of not adding it, it's just a cool power up

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 08:24:14 AM »

One that is already overwhelmingly god mod with only the basics explained.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 09:11:12 AM »

Then we nerf it like we nerf everything else

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 10:53:16 AM »

One that is already overwhelmingly god mod with only the basics explained.
It's databook official info. This is the most straight-up information that we're going to get. And anything can seem pretty over-powered if you word it right.

As for fears for the Gudodama being abused, here are some guidelines that I myself have been following as the first user.

Truth-Seeking Ball Requirements
- Either Six Paths Sage Chakra, or Tenseigan Chakra Mode
- Usage of the required elements
- 16 resets and substitution for use in place of a Kekkei Tota claim/creation
- Tailed Beast Chakra absorbed, accumulating up to 9 maximum

I set that last clause in there, so there could be some kind of RP-related challenge to getting them, instead of having access to all of them at once. To elaborate though, since there has always been a maximum of 9 Gudodama seen being used by Naruto, Obito, Madara and Hagoromo. And since there are 9 Biju, then it would make sense that to be able to use more, you would need chakra from each of the different Tailed Beasts. I myself have absorbed Saiken's chakra to experiment with it, and to create a summoning contract with him. And since he's the only Tailed Beast I've absorbed chakra from, then I can only use one Gudodama at the moment.

And to make things even more fair, the bomb-variant of the Gudodama (which was used in an attempt to obliterate Naruto and Sasuke together) should be restricted.

Also, they should be ineffective to those who are making use of either Six Paths Sage Chakra or Tenseigan Chakra Mode. And the Rinnegan's Preta Path can just absorb them.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 02:23:50 PM »

Silly man, first one to jump on the claiming band wagon, yet you never noticed there's ten of the things, one (Madara/Obito) or two (Naruto) just were formed into staves. I could also question where do you get the rikudo sage chakra considering tenseigan appears to be just a lookalike not the legit thing, and beast per ball idea too since Obito had three yet formed just the one. There is no 'bomb' either really, its just extends stupidly fast to pulverize anything in a wide area akin to jinton.

Not the place for it though, so commenting on tenseigan itself.

As anyone who read the thing would see, assuming its legit info of course with almost all info from movie missing still, if you guys want this it has to be modified fairly heavily if you want it on SL, cause its canonical self simply wont work. Comparing it to rinnegan, even that is not nearly as far-out if you cut out the part of combining specifically reincarnee chakras, not just genetics.

Tenseigan? Have to be 100% ootsutsuki (which appears to be a dead clan outside of Toneri btw), your own eyes sealed into the altar after birth most likely, I'd daresay visit the moon as well, implant somebodys byakugan without dying or organ rejection. And even then, despite the OPness, it'd be technically finite chakra, not to mention the as of yet completely unexplained fairly gross blob picture of Toneri being overtaken by some white gunk.

Only way I could think of on the fly of this possibly being a thing, is if whatever eye magic unlocking it would require would grant you the ability to make the chakra cloak outta the power you pour out of your tenketsu. Think of it as a compressed, constantly active molded kaiten if you will, lol.

As for it being some special uber chakra...uhh, prolly not. Even susanoo is ultimately the users own, instead of coming from some mystery source.

Edit: forgot preta path mention. Absorbing one would kill you unless you start breaking your own rules, since the nature energy innit would just petrify you.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 02:26:44 PM by Warren »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 16 queries.