Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Byakugan -> Tenseigan  (Read 48263 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Re: Byakugan -> Tenseigan
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2014, 12:15:51 AM »

This here is why I left SL.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2014, 04:01:26 AM »

The discussions or the introduction of more power creeping tools?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2014, 05:50:31 AM »

What's the point of adding it if it has to be chopped to pieces to be acceptable? That seems like a good reason that it shouldn't be added. I already explained why it's a dumb idea, I'm not going to do it again. I'll just do the same thing I did with the Rinnegan,I'll say how bad an idea it is, be ignored, and then get it myself and become unbeatable. Belphegor is already nearly set up to get the Tenseigan if it becomes allowed, so I'll just have two unbeatable characters, why not?

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2014, 07:18:37 AM »

What's the point of adding it if it has to be chopped to pieces to be acceptable? That seems like a good reason that it shouldn't be added. I already explained why it's a dumb idea, I'm not going to do it again. I'll just do the same thing I did with the Rinnegan,I'll say how bad an idea it is, be ignored, and then get it myself and become unbeatable. Belphegor is already nearly set up to get the Tenseigan if it becomes allowed, so I'll just have two unbeatable characters, why not?

Same could be said for:
Edo Tensei
Hiraishin
Tailed Beasts
Kekkei Tota
Rinnegan
Kamui
Susanoo

But we've applied general guidelines to all of those, either it be on how to get them or how to use them. And SL is not so much of a place where definite rules can be applied. Though we can put up guidelines for everyone to follow. Sure you can not participate with someone via RP by voiding them, but you can only void so many individuals until you basically have to RP with yourself.

The discussions or the introduction of more power creeping tools?

We're RPing off a shounen manga series. Of course there are going to be power-creeping elements. Take the Rinnegan for example, since it's confirmed that the Tenseigan is equal in power.

Rinnegan

Auto-mastery of all basic elements.

Deva Path: Push away whatever comes after you. Or just point and pull someone towards you. Make a mini-moon too.

Naraka Path: Interrogate someone so that they'll either tell you the truth or immediately die.

Animal Path: Summon whatever you want.

Preta Path: Absorb Ninjutsu and chakra in general.

Ashura Path: Extra arms, legs, blades, blasters, missiles, etc.

Human Path: Touch someone and they die.

Outer Path: Shared vision with whatever has your chakra receivers stuck in them.

Now let's look at the Tenseigan.

Tenseigan

Beautiful eyes. You become even more charming!

Tensei Chakra Mode: You're suddenly strong and fast.

Truth-Seeking Balls: Obliterate stuff. (So long as you meet the requirements of the guidelines needed to use them.)

Both of these have their parallels, but they're pretty balanced out. Tenseigan needs some more tweeking in it's power, but so does everything else that's super rare/powerful.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2014, 07:33:53 AM »

No it couldn't because we pretty much added all of those except perhaps Kamui and just let people abuse them into the ground until rules had to be made.

This is something that upon entry would need to be pruned bare to be acceptable, and that just makes it seem pointless to me.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2014, 05:16:04 PM »

I have gone through and read everything that has been posted so far, and I’m just confused on why you wouldn’t want this in game.

It’s literally a reason for people to go back to the Hyuuga clan, and add some variety to the game again. I’m sick of everyone using Sharingan all the time. It’s so bland now. Oh cool you used Kamui...great, you and every other person.

Some people are just upset because there is something being added to the game that rivals the tailed beasts. Yeah sure that sucks for you I guess, but that is no reason to utterly deny good RP expansion.

It is easy as hell to change the Rp of how one gets this eye. Much like previously stated, the requirements for Rinne were changed so any old senju/Uchiha could get it. It will be no different for this.

“Upon learning the ability to gather Senjutsu chakra, something happened to your eyes! OH LAWD you got the Tenseigan.”

Obviously it will be more in depth than that, but you catch my drift.

Certain nerfs will be required, and certain circumstances must be met to attain the KG, much like any other special technique this game has ever added, ever.

As the resident Toneri fanboy, I for one will in fact be Rping this as soon as more details are added.

I refuse to acknowledge “It will be abused” as a valid reason not to add something to this game. If you have not taken a good look around, things like Kamui are being beaten to death to such a degree that the users should be thrown in federal prison. Rinnegan is in the hands of literally every other active role player. Everyone and their grandmother move at different levels of instant, may it be from lighting chakra mode, FTG, or just a simple shunshin it seems.

If you have never played SL before then maybe I should inform you of something pretty elementary. EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ABUSED.

So yeah, I am gonna RP Tenseigan, because I love the Hyuugas.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2014, 06:11:13 PM »

Because I'd rather not knowingly make things worse. Obviously no one cares about that though. Which is why this site is where it is currently.

This wouldn't be good or interesting rp, it's just a super saiyan ability for Hyuuga.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:20:45 PM by bocchiere »

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2014, 07:25:39 PM »

Because I'd rather not knowingly make things worse. Obviously no one cares about that though. Which is why this site is where it is currently.

This wouldn't be good or interesting rp, it's just a super saiyan ability for Hyuuga.

Please step down from your high horse. You have the nine tails cloak and any other buffs you can come up with on Bocc, basically giving you the ability to just claim your faster/stronger than anyone and everyone, and on Taiga you have strongest shield, Sage mode, and RNY. Quite literally all of the abilities available on SL to be mini super sayans.

There is literally nothing wrong with evening the playing field for other players.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2014, 10:12:49 PM »

It is a bit hard to take the "guys seriously this is OP, stop it." argument from someone who has adorned themselves with as many OP things as they can get away with in RP. 

Honestly I see no issue with the Tenseigan being in the RP as long as it's done right, the RP rules on SL are so absurdly whacky at this point with so many ludicrous things allowed that I can't think of a good reason NOT to.  Sure you could call it 'yet another OP thing' but eh...at this point with all the hiraishin, edo tensei (I am guilty, oh noes), Rinnegan, 8 gates, eternal mangekyou sharingan, etc..etc..etc..that this new thing is just a drop in the bucket.

If you really want to combat things being out of control on SL then start coming up with ways to moderate the current OP-ness of what's allowed. 

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2014, 01:08:18 AM »

...There is literally nothing wrong with evening the playing field for other players.

Until every active zoner (including Bocc), except a few, switch to Tensaigan and keep the stuff they already have. Presuming Bocc follows through on Bocc things, then he will likely be switching to the new Fad depending on how much it ends up being incorporated and comparable to Rinnegan. Presuming people get creative with it like they got creative with rinnegan, the only thing that would keep sharingan revelent would be Izanagi (since Izanami cannot be used without the sharingan) and barely at that.

Just like when the Uchiha got a powerup that made them better than Hyuugans. Give it time.

The only way to prevent that is to make them as equal as possible. Which this thread has attempted to hash out.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2014, 04:42:38 AM »

Unfortunately even without those I'd still be the best, it's my curse, but I do what I can to get by.

The point is I am speaking from the position of an authority on what is OP in rp. Don't you think if anyone would know it's me?

This does not even anything, in just causes an even larger peak, just on the opposite side of the board this time.

Rinnegan is just the Rinnegan it isn't really buffed by having any other KG on your character. Tenseigan, on the other hand, synchronizes STUPIDLY WELL with Sage Mode and the 8 Gates. Everyone who resets for that would just become a far beyond Guy, 3rd Raikage, level beast.

Just like Eric said I'll do the same thing I did with Rinnegan. Say how bad of an idea it is and when I'm ignored take the new hotness and beat everyone with it, it's just what I do. I'm sure I'll think of some beyond ridiculous things to do with it that'll make everyone regret making it a thing. 

The idea that this makes things even steven's is comical, honestly. xD It's a Doujutsu as strong as the Rinnegan and you get to have Sage Mode with it. It's going to be on the same level as Kotoamatsukami. It's either going to be so good it's god mod and voided, or nerfed so hard it's pointless and ignored.

So sure, slap it on the mess that is SL's rp and give more people that don't know what they're doing an excuse to god mod. I'll sit here and watch the line of people continue to file out of the website.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:49:39 AM by bocchiere »

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2014, 04:54:52 AM »

So then what are the requirements for the Tenseigan?

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2014, 05:02:29 AM »

Dibs

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2014, 05:58:57 AM »

Unfortunately even without those I'd still be the best, it's my curse, but I do what I can to get by.

The point is I am speaking from the position of an authority on what is OP in rp. Don't you think if anyone would know it's me?

This does not even anything, in just causes an even larger peak, just on the opposite side of the board this time.

Rinnegan is just the Rinnegan it isn't really buffed by having any other KG on your character. Tenseigan, on the other hand, synchronizes STUPIDLY WELL with Sage Mode and the 8 Gates. Everyone who resets for that would just become a far beyond Guy, 3rd Raikage, level beast.

Just like Eric said I'll do the same thing I did with Rinnegan. Say how bad of an idea it is and when I'm ignored take the new hotness and beat everyone with it, it's just what I do. I'm sure I'll think of some beyond ridiculous things to do with it that'll make everyone regret making it a thing. 

The idea that this makes things even steven's is comical, honestly. xD It's a Doujutsu as strong as the Rinnegan and you get to have Sage Mode with it. It's going to be on the same level as Kotoamatsukami. It's either going to be so good it's god mod and voided, or nerfed so hard it's pointless and ignored.

So sure, slap it on the mess that is SL's rp and give more people that don't know what they're doing an excuse to god mod. I'll sit here and watch the line of people continue to file out of the website.

What? Isn't the whole point of letting this go through, is to give the Hyuuga a choice other than going with Sage Mode? It's their Rinnegan-equivalent, so they'll have to choose between Sage Mode or Tenseigan. And as for Gates, it would be fair that those would have to be subbed for Tenseigan unlocking, as opposed to Uchihas also needing Wood Release resets to unlock their Rinnegan.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2014, 06:15:02 AM »

If anything we could just state that Physically we couldn't use the Hachimon and utilize Tenseigan chakra mode simultaneously
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 16 queries.