Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Byakugan -> Tenseigan  (Read 48261 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Byakugan -> Tenseigan
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2015, 09:49:04 PM »

No, that really doesn't explain it any better at all.

I suspect you're asking me for my current proposition on how to include Tensaigan, as otherwise, I've laid out the direction I've been trying to take on the matter, that being a balance between the two.

With the abilities listed out, no special balls of any sort. No nerf, no !nerf, just no goudama period.

The Tensaigan is awakened much like Rinnegan is; byakugans are replaced while having incredible life force and spiritual energy (max Hyuuga, max Kaguya, max sage mode).

The abilities are Kaguya level of bone manipulation (all ash killing bones, etc plus standard Shikotsumyaku stuff), a special cloak of chakra that augments healing capabilities, the ability to see natural energy, and the general boost from generic sage mode (increased speed, strength, durability, and the ability to manipulate natural energy freely).

To make use of these abilities, the user must enter sage mode (hence the sage mode abilities are not greatly stacked in that way) and have the Tensaigan active.

I imagine this will be needing some tweaking (since by this model it is easier to get Tensaigan than Rinnegan), but that's my general suggestion. As you may have also noted, the abilities granted are, by and large, the same abilities granted by the individual resets, with the exception of Kekkai Mora levels of Kaguya bone manipulation and seeing natural energy.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2015, 10:06:16 PM »

Nature energy can be seen and sensed by non sages too, just takes training. Sages just can actually use it too.

Killing the balls kills every jutsu -even hypnosis- except the push and pull moves. If they get ash bones they can't complain though, its stupidly powerful if it hits.

In any case even with this way I'd still say no gates/elemental armors/hozuki/etc.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2015, 10:55:53 PM »

Bwerp.  Seriously just have the Gedouma (or however you spell that, I'm lazy) be condensed normal chakra and not the "negate everything but sage mode" mix of all 5 elements that they normally are.

As for the push and pull....eh it may be canon, but god is it lame to have copy/paste abilities of Rinnegan xD

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2015, 10:59:27 PM »

I mean I would already imagine that we couldn't stack gates and Raiton no Yoroi and things like that with the Tenseigan, that'd just be taking it too far, As for everything else, once we take the Gudodama out and apply regular chakra draining rules I don't see what's the big fuss about the tenseigan anymore! Is the Tenseigan Senjutsu chakra? I actually don'tknow

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2015, 11:04:13 PM »

I mean I would already imagine that we couldn't stack gates and Raiton no Yoroi and things like that with the Tenseigan, that'd just be taking it too far, As for everything else, once we take the Gudodama out and apply regular chakra draining rules I don't see what's the big fuss about the tenseigan anymore! Is the Tenseigan Senjutsu chakra? I actually don'tknow

People are going to claims tons of dumb stuff about it because there aren't many examples of how it works in relation to other things.

What are the defensive capabilities of the cloak for instance? Can it block swords? Can it block the Kusanagi? Can it block fire, lightning? Is it as strong as Raiton no Yoroi? Susano'o?

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2015, 11:12:01 PM »

Well given the strength of it, I feel like it would be more comparable to a Biju cloak, though on what caliber I don't know, and we might decide to nerf it's defensive capabilities for whatever reason so It could be as strong as like a v1 biju cloak or as strong as the Raiton no Yoroi, just little kinks that need to be worked out

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2015, 11:14:58 PM »

Bwerp.  Seriously just have the Gedouma (or however you spell that, I'm lazy) be condensed normal chakra and not the "negate everything but sage mode" mix of all 5 elements that they normally are.

As for the push and pull....eh it may be canon, but god is it lame to have copy/paste abilities of Rinnegan xD

But if they are just condensed, normal chakra, then they are, for all intensive purposes, pointless to include. Making solid balls of chakra around the user is not a particularly grand feat by any means.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2015, 11:16:35 PM »

No but they'd be chakra balls that would function in the same manner, exploding and all that Jazz, laser beams

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2015, 11:18:04 PM »

I'm going to love not claiming this.

You guys should wait to see what the KG can do and then try to tune it to be on par with the rinnegan and sage mode powers.

You're like the weather channel. They predict 50 feet of snow and the next week when the storm actually hits it's more like 5 inches.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2015, 11:20:29 PM »

I've seen what it can do >_>;

And Ichi's post more eloquently said, they wouldn't be pointless, because even as non-gudodama balls they'd still be the necessary core element for 4/6 of the actual tenseigan jutsus. Laser and sword need it, hurricane needs it, hypnosis needs it, rosary bombarding needs it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2015, 11:26:29 PM »

I've seen what it can do >_>;

And Ichi's post more eloquently said, they wouldn't be pointless, because even as non-gudodama balls they'd still be the necessary core element for 4/6 of the actual tenseigan jutsus. Laser and sword need it, hurricane needs it, hypnosis needs it, rosary bombarding needs it.

Hardly, you could just use regular chakra for all of those techniques. A laser made of chakra, a pseudo-tailed beast beam in effect, has already been done (non-canonically), a hurricane can just be a really advanced Futon technique, rosary bombarding is simply chakra bombardment, elemental natures absent in the example, and hypnosis can be genjutsu with a trigger being something like bones or something.

All of the above mentioned Tensaigan abilities, without the KM aspect, can be done without the goudama. The goudama, without the KM, are not goudama, if we're going to be honest with ourselves here. They are nothing more than orbs of chakra, which can be done by almost anyone in the SL universe.

Hence why I personally labelled them pointless and scrapped them altogether from my model. I also did not add in Deva-like powers to my model, but that's besides the point.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 06, 2015, 11:35:21 PM »

If you want crude mockeries that fall leagues short in power, sure, you can monkey your own copies of them. Real ones however require the spheres as medium, no ifs or buts about it. Not even to mention if you axe even that anyway, it turns equally pointless to call it tenseigan at all.

At that point you might as well just call it bone sage mode instead. Actually, why not just nix all the abilities sans being a light bulb and give them more bones only, lel.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 06, 2015, 11:46:07 PM »

If you want crude mockeries that fall leagues short in power, sure, you can monkey your own copies of them. Real ones however require the spheres as medium, no ifs or buts about it. Not even to mention if you axe even that anyway, it turns equally pointless to call it tenseigan at all.

At that point you might as well just call it bone sage mode instead. Actually, why not just nix all the abilities sans being a light bulb and give them more bones only, lel.

Well, we could just not include Tensaigan, like at all.

And crude mockeries? As someone who has taken many of the series' techniques and made alternate versions of them in the form of shadow imitation, I can tell you that the alternate versions would not necesarily fall short in leagues of power when done properly. Maybe they would be more chakra taxing for balance, but they would not fall short in strength, especially since to my understanding we don't want the sword actually slicing in half areas the size of the moon. The sword was merely going to be more like the Hyuga answer to the Susano'o super sword.

Even if it were to retain that kind of moon cutting power, it can still be duplicated in full (now whether it'll be considered god-mode or not is up for debate) by a Kekkai Tora, either custom or Dust release.

Once you understand the principle behind a technique, you can duplicate it OOCly just by maintaining the principle of the technique. Only if the technique is something like amateratsu that has a prerequisite of the KG variety would you be forced to create a rudimentary version of it.

My proposition, as you so duly noted, largely granted the powers of the prerequisites with a few extra minor bonuses, in part because the underlying components, when not in the hands of scrubs, is already a very formidable force to be reckoned with. Only by the void hammer would that not be comparable to the version of the Rinnegan that we have here on SL.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2015, 12:03:44 AM »

._.

So.

Sword replicated by kekkei tota/jinton. Hurricane replicated by fuuton. Laser and bombardment replicated by being jinchuuriki. Genjutsu replicated by sharingan. Repelling and attracting replicated by rinnegan.

So.

To have tenseigan you need to be a bone sage uchikahyuga jinchuuriki with three eyes, jinton and godmod level fuuton.

Okay.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2015, 12:15:54 AM »

._.

So.

Sword replicated by kekkei tota/jinton. Hurricane replicated by fuuton. Laser and bombardment replicated by being jinchuuriki. Genjutsu replicated by sharingan. Repelling and attracting replicated by rinnegan.

So.

To have tenseigan you need to be a bone sage uchikahyuga jinchuuriki with three eyes, jinton and godmod level fuuton.

Okay.

Bocchiere's account minus the skill and creativity to do all that with just Hyuga and sage mode.

Or, get sage mode with an animal summon with the chakra capacity of a great sphinx + a dragon and get creative with your jutsu making.

The point is, without the Kekkai Mora portion of it, there is nothing special about those goudama.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.