Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Byakugan -> Tenseigan  (Read 48260 times)

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Byakugan -> Tenseigan
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2015, 12:20:40 AM »

Except being the core portion of almost every jutsu the kg has, without which none of them work. Yes I remember you telling me three seconds ago you could copycat all of them. No I don't give a damn because its tenseigan not ericgan.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2015, 12:34:17 AM »

Except being the core portion of almost every jutsu the kg has, without which none of them work. Yes I remember you telling me three seconds ago you could copycat all of them. No I don't give a damn because its tenseigan not ericgan.

Maybe you guys should both take a break from this topic because you're both starting to look pretty ridiculous arguing about something completely pointless that neither of you are even going to use.

I'm so glad we can spend time arguing about something as important as how much completely asinine movie powers need to be nerfed before we can use them.

11 pages in now and still not done, this is clearly the best possible use of everyone's time.

I am thoroughly enjoying this forum topic.

sarcasm
noun sar·casm \ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\
: the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2015, 12:41:39 AM »

Nerfing those techniques to where they are just regular chakra-based attacks is not Tensaigan either, when you think about it. part of the reason they were so powerful was because many of them were composed of the goudama KM balls. Without that composition, to have them still have the same exact strength is god-mode even by SL standards. To have them be lesser by taking away what made them special is to make them easily duplicatable and thus, pointless as a perk.

You aren't giving the Hyugans anything but push-pull, sage mode-like capabilities with the model that proposes the KM nerfing of the balls and thus subsequent techniques. Heck, at least my model gives them a KM to work into their bone techniques.

Maybe you guys should both take a break from this topic because you're both starting to look pretty ridiculous arguing about something completely pointless that neither of you are even going to use...

Maybe we do need to take a break to cool rising tempers, but there is no telling what we may or may not use in the future. I might pull a complete 180 and completely change my character to fit the new meta, especially if at any point my current one was to die for some reason.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2015, 12:45:21 AM »

Nerfing those techniques to where they are just regular chakra-based attacks is not Tensaigan either, when you think about it. part of the reason they were so powerful was because many of them were composed of the goudama KM balls. Without that composition, to have them still have the same exact strength is god-mode even by SL standards. To have them be lesser by taking away what made them special is to make them easily duplicatable and thus, pointless as a perk.

You aren't giving the Hyugans anything but push-pull, sage mode-like capabilities with the model that proposes the KM nerfing of the balls and thus subsequent techniques. Heck, at least my model gives them a KM to work into their bone techniques.

Maybe you guys should both take a break from this topic because you're both starting to look pretty ridiculous arguing about something completely pointless that neither of you are even going to use...

Maybe we do need to take a break to cool rising tempers, but there is no telling what we may or may not use in the future. I might pull a complete 180 and completely change my character to fit the new meta, especially if at any point my current one was to die for some reason.

Yeah. Reason. ;)

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2015, 12:48:55 AM »

Yeah. Reason. ;)

Stranger things have happened.  :smt080

Like Bocc leaving SL RP. I don't think I can count the hands of people who didn't see that coming.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2015, 12:53:47 AM »

Well I just got tired of being insane, so I went sane, and so the only decision I could make in that state of mind was to sell my accounts and immediately quit.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2015, 04:18:21 AM »

The Gudodama aren't even classified as Kekkei Mora or Senjutsu.

But anyways, forgive me for not reading the huge walls of text that have been going on for the last few pages, but I just want to consolidate the abilities that the Tenseigan grants.

- Control of attractive and repulsive forces (Basically the Deva Path)
- Flight (Six Paths Flight)
- Tenseigan Chakra Mode (Because it's a chakra mode, it cannot be combined with others, like Lightning Release Chakra Mode)
- Tenseigan Chakra infusion (The ability to enhance certain things by infusing them with the Tenseigan's green chakra, as seen with the Gudodama)
- The Tenseigan Chakra Mode's attacks in non-Gudodama variants (It wouldn't be fun to just completely cut them out because they're Gudodama-based)

Now let's go over what requirements would be needed to attain it
- Byakugan (resets)
- Otsutsuki genes (sub Mokuton/Hyouton or Kaguya/Gates resets)
- Rinnegan/Sage Mode resets subbed for Tenseigan
- Pilgrimage to the Tenseigan Altar to exchange eyes for new ones (Which really shouldn't be claimed, and should be easily-accessible for the blind)

Also a bit of trivia. The Rinnegan and Tenseigan are actually based from the word/phrase Rinnetensei, which means the cycle of reincarnation. Basically both of these Doujutsu are the reborn forms of the Sharingan and Byakugan, respectively.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2015, 05:42:17 AM »

Now the next part is to wean yourself from the forum and you will finally be free. Somehow you haven't quite exited as cleanly as you intended to.

Why stop giving you excuses to be passive aggressive? God knows you've got nothing else of use to do.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2015, 05:56:02 AM »

- Pilgrimage to the Tenseigan Altar to exchange eyes for new ones (Which really shouldn't be claimed, and should be easily-accessible for the blind)

Let's all just agree on this point at least <.<

And I personally don't even plan on getting the Tenseigan, what with sage/hyuuga and whatnot there's not really a significant buff to be found here.

I mean basically the Tenseigan (from what I've seen so far listed here) basically just trades the finesse of the Byakugan and it's fighting style into a "WOO LET'S BLOW STUFF UP" upgrade which is....wholly boring.  (Same could be said about the Sharingan as well...but I've always had a fondness for just three tomoes over mangekyou and whatnot, people never use the darn thing right)

So honestly I imagine that if we're going to introduce the Tenseigan as a strong enough thing to be a viable upgrade to the Byakugan (arguments can be made whether or not it needs this) then it also can't be super OP (even though let's face it, the Rinnegan even with SL limitations is still fairly OP). 

And also....wakka wakka. Wakka wakkwakkawakkwakkwaasorry I bored myself.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2015, 07:53:35 AM »

And people say my threads need to be locked.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2015, 03:21:33 PM »

Let's try to stay more or less on topic folks. A tangent here and there is fine, but let's not start going in the direction of derail here.

The Gudodama aren't even classified as Kekkei Mora or Senjutsu.

But anyways, forgive me for not reading the huge walls of text that have been going on for the last few pages, but I just want to consolidate the abilities that the Tenseigan grants.

- Control of attractive and repulsive forces (Basically the Deva Path)
- Flight (Six Paths Flight)
- Tenseigan Chakra Mode (Because it's a chakra mode, it cannot be combined with others, like Lightning Release Chakra Mode)
- Tenseigan Chakra infusion (The ability to enhance certain things by infusing them with the Tenseigan's green chakra, as seen with the Gudodama)
- The Tenseigan Chakra Mode's attacks in non-Gudodama variants (It wouldn't be fun to just completely cut them out because they're Gudodama-based)

Now let's go over what requirements would be needed to attain it
- Byakugan (resets)
- Otsutsuki genes (sub Mokuton/Hyouton or Kaguya/Gates resets)
- Rinnegan/Sage Mode resets subbed for Tenseigan

Also a bit of trivia. The Rinnegan and Tenseigan are actually based from the word/phrase Rinnetensei, which means the cycle of reincarnation. Basically both of these Doujutsu are the reborn forms of the Sharingan and Byakugan, respectively.

The wikia claims that this chakra mode requires handsigns. Which seems kind of odd since almost every other special chakra mode in the series more or less did not require handsigns.

What does the Tensaigan chakra infusion actually grant techniques in general? I still haven't gotten the chance to see the whole movie, and I suspect that the infusion is similar to tailed beast chakra infusion or even senjutsu infusion as far as benefits go.

And what strength are the non-Gudodama Tensaigan chakra mode attacks at? Since they aren't Gudodama based, I presume they are going to be reduced considerably in strength, or at least the more powerful ones taking a greater strain in chakra.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Truth-Seeking_Balls

They consist of all of the basic elemental natures and even yin-yang, so while considered neither senjutsu nor Kekkai Mora, they are still incredibly powerful. The destructive power behind them is likely part of the reason the movie's various technique derivatives are so powerful.

Without it, the techniques would not be nearly as powerful, and so a nerf to more perfect Susano'o caliber is more than reasonable, though I still hardly see the point in including them at all unless we just want this chakra mode to be a psuedo-susano'o of sorts.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2015, 04:11:27 PM »

Wiki's wrong then, it doesn't need seals, it just appears. Was at one point seen appearing even on just one arm only though that mighta been because tenseigan wasn't mature at that point yet.

The only 'infusion' in the movie were the gudodama centered jutsus, nothing else, so imo it shouldn't be a thing. If its made into one anyway then it should just be the same as senjutsu, because senpo moves tend to already be 'lolsenjutsu so I win automatically', so going beyond that wouldn't be bright.

Push and pull, also hypnosis, those can be kept as they are, they don't require the balls either. The ones that do, as I was saying earlier, can be just left largely the same as in movie if they're made to be way chakra costly to reach those higher power levels. Only exception is the sword, that should be the same as a stabilized susanoo sword max.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2015, 08:43:13 PM »

I kinda feel like we've already put the rules up, and are arguing over small changes to them? Whether they're actually Gudodama or not the Jutsu could still do the same stuff, but I don't much care either way
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Page created in 5.055 seconds with 21 queries.