Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Eight Gates Released Formation  (Read 3015 times)

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
Eight Gates Released Formation
« on: December 25, 2014, 04:09:54 AM »

So I don't know if anybody knows but going into the Eighth Gate isn't what was turning Guy into ashes. It was the technique Night Guy. I'm just bringing this up because I've noticed this:

"- Body Revival Technique (If used to survive opening the 8th Gate. That was made before we knew what the 8th Gate does, regeneration does not let you tank disintegrating into ash.)"

The user of the technique dies from the damage done on the body similar to the previous gates. Going into the final gate won't turn you into ashes unless you use the technique Night Guy.

"The recoil was such that it completely shattered the bones in Guy's own leg. As a result of being Guy's strongest manoeuvre, following the attack are fatal repercussions as it left Guy on the brink of death; slowly turning into ash, crumbling from the immense discharge of his chakra."

If anyone disagrees then please, enlighten me.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Eight Gates Released Formation
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 04:37:27 AM »

The Gate of Death (死門, Shimon), located at the heart, requires the user to puncture their chest just above the heart in order to open it. Opening this gate will cause the user's blood to emanate a flaming aura of red steam from all pores of their body, hair, and eyebrows. Releasing this gate uses up all of the body's energy while making the heart pump at maximum power. Exceeding the power of every other gate, the user is granted approximately a hundred times their normal power, far beyond that of the five Kage, but comes at the expense of their life. Once activated, those who are capable can perform the Evening Elephant and the Night Guy. Under regular circumstances, the effects of opening all Eight Gates will cause the user to crumble to ash, having virtually cooked themselves from the inside-out.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 04:43:08 AM »

What are you talking about Ryu? Where did you get that from?

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 04:46:12 AM »

I knew it. Damn it Bocch... Ruining my Christmas.
Your information is false. Guy didn't start crumbling into ashes until he began the technique as you can see. >>

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Night_Guy
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Eight_Gates_Released_Formation

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 04:48:34 AM »

Turning to ash will happen regardless, Night Guy (personally I prefer -Moth) will simply do it quicker.

Eighth gate uses all the energy in your body, pushes your heart to the limit to the point its basically tearing itself to pieces, all the while you're literally cooked alive from the inside by your own chakra. That's why the gates are normally shut; opening all is beyond the human bodys ability to handle. It may not be instant, but you will inevitably die from either heart failure or crumbling to ash if you can last that long.

Night Guy simply does that quicker. You release all your available remaining chakra at once as the hugeass dragon, obliterating your enemy, but also burning yourself to death inside in an instant.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 04:49:36 AM by Warren »

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 04:49:45 AM »

Anyone could have edited that. It also clearly states that opening the 8th gate kills you due to the damage to the body. It said nothing about staying alive if you don't use the Night guy. You die..point blank.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 04:54:09 AM »

I never said you didn't die.. Just that the cause of death was different then everyone else was implying. Unfortunately I could be wrong.

Warren and Bocch give a good point so I'll go with it but I still kind of think I'm right, just my intuition though.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 04:57:38 AM »

I read the wiki like 3 weeks ago and it said something about your blood boiling you from the inside. Now it says your chakra does it. Hmmmm...In any case I feel like you are wrong but whatever it is not like it matters one way or the other.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 05:53:02 AM »

The majority rules here.

The Gate of Death, please notice the name, is the final gate to be opened.

"but comes at the expense of their life." That's directly from the official* wikia.

You die. If the techniques performed killed you then it would say such.

Example:

Reinne rebirth
"Using this technique to revive a reincarnated person will result in the death of the user."
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 07:39:16 AM »

So I don't know if anybody knows but going into the Eighth Gate isn't what was turning Guy into ashes. It was the technique Night Guy. I'm just bringing this up because I've noticed this:

"- Body Revival Technique (If used to survive opening the 8th Gate. That was made before we knew what the 8th Gate does, regeneration does not let you tank disintegrating into ash.)"

The user of the technique dies from the damage done on the body similar to the previous gates. Going into the final gate won't turn you into ashes unless you use the technique Night Guy.

"The recoil was such that it completely shattered the bones in Guy's own leg. As a result of being Guy's strongest manoeuvre, following the attack are fatal repercussions as it left Guy on the brink of death; slowly turning into ash, crumbling from the immense discharge of his chakra."

If anyone disagrees then please, enlighten me.

The immense discharge was caused by opening up the gates and using the power. If you were to just open the gates and sit there, I mean, theoretically, you could prolong your death, but eventually the release of all of that chakra is going to outright kill you.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ryu

• Zero is real.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 05:57:37 PM »

I don't know why your emphasizing the fact that you die after opening the gate. I'm not incompetent, I already know that, and as I had already stated I was inferring the only reason Guy was slowly turning into ashes was because he released a large amount of chakra when using the Night Guy.

All I am trying to say is that the reason he was turning into ashes was because of the sudden discharge of chakra all at once.

I don't know where anyone is getting "You don't die after using this technique".

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 10:10:11 PM »

I don't know why your emphasizing the fact that you die after opening the gate. I'm not incompetent, I already know that, and as I had already stated I was inferring the only reason Guy was slowly turning into ashes was because he released a large amount of chakra when using the Night Guy.

All I am trying to say is that the reason he was turning into ashes was because of the sudden discharge of chakra all at once.

I don't know where anyone is getting "You don't die after using this technique".

The seeming implication that Night Guy killed him and not the opening of the eight gates is where I at least got that impression from. He was going to turn to ash whether he used Night Guy or not. Just might would have taken a bit longer is all.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 12:36:18 AM »

No

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 01:25:24 AM »

As I said before, you're being boiled/burnt alive from the inside by your chakra. Lest Kishi debunks it, getting ashified with or without Night Guy is what I'm sticking to >>

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 01:53:47 AM »

:smt023

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 16 queries.