Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Sharingan's Power: Kamui  (Read 11248 times)

Zanto

• If you can't take the heat, then walk away.
    • View Profile
Sharingan's Power: Kamui
« on: December 25, 2014, 07:25:46 AM »

I've been meaning to create this topic for sometime now after seeing the sudden increase in users with this skill.

From my understanding, each Uchiha (depending on the family) has a unique eye ability. From Naruto, Obito had Kamui and Itachi had Tsukuyomi. Even on SL, Xaos had the ability to control space and time with his eyes when fighting though that was some time ago.

So what I'm getting at here is, why does everyone who has the Sharingan now have Kamui? Did all the Uchiha come from the same mother and father?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 07:26:29 AM by Zanto »
Greatness Awaits.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Sharingan's Power: Kamui
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 07:33:34 AM »

Because Kamui is much more useful in a fight, especially since they now get Susano'o too.

Tsukuyomi is useless and Amaterasu is less effective than long range Kamui.

From an IC standpoint, it seems like the Ama-Tsuku-Susan set of jutsu is the most common one, as people in Naruto were able to recognize them on sight. So it stands to reason that the Kamui set is just a less common deviation, like red hair or something.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 07:38:20 AM by bocchiere »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 07:35:48 AM »

I've been meaning to create this topic for sometime now after seeing the sudden increase in users with this skill.

From my understanding, each Uchiha (depending on the family) has a unique eye ability. From Naruto, Obito had Kamui and Itachi had Tsukuyomi. Even on SL, Xaos had the ability to control space and time with his eyes when fighting though that was some time ago.

So what I'm getting at here is, why does everyone who has the Sharingan now have Kamui? Did all the Uchiha come from the same mother and father?

I think the better question, in context, is why there are so many Uchiha.

But joke aside, not every Uchiha with sharingan has Kamui. There are a large number of them, yes, because it is practically a free space-time ninjutsu. Unlike Hiraishin or some custom space-time techs, Kamui is practically "free" once you acquire the MS (not even EMS is needed to use it often). It gives you the ability to go to a pocket dimension, become intangible (if your opponent permits that) and travel across the world in less than eighty seconds.

Why not have Kamui as one of your slots? It's not like another Kamui user can go into your dimension unless they do the eye sync thing.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 07:53:09 AM »

Like they said it's just so useful and easy to use since we know how it works extensively.

I would love to see some new eye techs, but that takes a lot of thought and I mean what else can you add? If say I wanted my eye tech to be able to make me invisible for 5 mins. Since it is not canon I'd probably get shot down and it'd be called OP.

Since Kamui is canon it's implemented no matter the OP of it. Like this new 'Kg' in the last naruto movie. It's so OP, but will probably be added.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »

Personally I think ultimately all Kamui's would link to the same dimension, since it'd make no sense for one to magically appear each time a new mangekyo with them comes around.

Nobodys gonna agree with me on that for SL ever though, lol, so I'ma just remind you you can in fact get inside other peoples' dimensions. It just takes two eyes in the original body and a significant amount of chakra, no need for Kakashi/Obito nonsense.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 03:06:54 PM »

Personally I think ultimately all Kamui's would link to the same dimension, since it'd make no sense for one to magically appear each time a new mangekyo with them comes around.

Nobodys gonna agree with me on that for SL ever though, lol, so I'ma just remind you you can in fact get inside other peoples' dimensions. It just takes two eyes in the original body and a significant amount of chakra, no need for Kakashi/Obito nonsense.

'Make sense' in a made up world. Okay >> <3
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 03:23:27 PM »

I already stated my reasoning behind believing there's just one single kamui dimension in another thread.

Way I see it, its an already existing place of its own, like Limbo or Kaguya's dimensions, you just need kamui to get there.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 03:49:05 PM »

Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi and Kamui are the three Mangekyou techniques you can by default choose from, without going custom. Susanoo is what you get after unlocking powers in both eyes. (You can actually keep Susanoo though, after losing any of the eyes.) Kamui's biggest advantage and usefulness comes with having both eyes used in unison. If we go by what Obito pulled when entering and searching through Kaguya's dimensions, any Kamui-user can infiltrate, and by will search through another's Kamui dimension, if successful. The Kamui dimension is the user's best trump-card, but can also be their greatest downfall.

I myself go with the Amaterasu-Tsukuyomi combo, since that's what I've stuck with and built some techniques upon.

Just remember that eye-techniques can be avoided or countered, just as any jutsu in some way, shape or form. Though before people go around and say that Kamui is an auto-hit technique, just look at how A avoided Sasuke's Amaterasu.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 04:31:20 PM »

I already stated my reasoning behind believing there's just one single kamui dimension in another thread.

Way I see it, its an already existing place of its own, like Limbo or Kaguya's dimensions, you just need kamui to get there.

We do not agree on many things, but when we do agree, it usually involves the sharingan.  :)

Honestly, I imagine all the Kamui's connect to the same place, but each eye connects to a different section of Kamui. Hence, using Kamui on each other would be pointless with that logic, but at the same time, they could kamui things to each other while intangible and achieve maximum effect.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 01:28:45 AM »

I always figured that each user of Kamui had their own pocket realm within their eyes. A new realm would not just pop up with new users but instead they would be able to access their pocket realm once they attained the MS. I don't see them all being connected.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 01:47:24 AM »

Two problems with that. For one, if it was inside your eyes there's no way you'd be able to get in there yourself.

Secondly, Kamui can be used roughly as a teleport, swirling in at one place and out at another. This implies its connected more so to the world than you, and considering the new dimension born with every kamui MS person even you find silly, I find it far more likely its the one same dimension every kamui goes to.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2014, 01:53:04 AM »

Kamui opens a portal that sucks up the target. Why would you not be able to get yourself in there when it's teleporting you? Since Obito was the only Kamui user I don't think there is anything to suggest that they are connected or not, I just don't think that they would be. I don't see why it would be to much to have the realm within the user's eyes. That makes more sense than every Kamui realm being the same.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2014, 02:15:30 AM »

Can you put a pocket inside itself? Nope.

And even if disregarding that I still disagree, because even the ancestry kind of supports the connected theory. Rinne-sharingan let Kaguya enter multiple dimensions. Rinnegan draws up the king of hell from who knows where, it can also access Limbo through border jail and Sasuke's eye proves its not unique to just Madara. Both cases also already existing dimensions, not something inside much less unique to the persons eye.

Strongly implies kamui's dimension is just yet another dimension of its own, while kamui is the tool to get there. Considering the far less chakra used than going to Kaguya's places, its most likely just closer to ours than those other places, which in turn would explain how it can be used as a teleport instead of being able to swirl in and out only at that exact spot.

Still not enough? Obito's eye may look like he's sucking stuff into his eye, but Kakashi's could move the point quite a considerable distance away; again implies an actual dimension not confined to the eye. Furthermore, the "synchronizing" with other space time jutsus? Not only does it prove the claim the kamui dimension can be accessed through the eye instead of being inside it, but the fact its even possible to begin with strongly states its just a tool to access dimensions, not a dimension container or whatever you want to call it. Hell, with both eyes the connecting power becomes so strong you can even literally tear a visible hole between two separate ones for people and matter to see and pass through like nothing.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2014, 03:38:47 AM »

What does it matter if they are connected or not?

In no real fight for a bijuu or whatnot will your opponent allow you to go into the same dimension as theirs. That altogether defeats the purpose of it. You use it to escape. If you both enter the same realm then they could theoretically say since they're in the same area in the real world that they're at the same distance in the alternate dimension thus even if you tried to kamui through an attack, they would mimic the kamui and cut you in said other dimension.

Then we have to get in the debate of how big that dimension is and if the two could ever reach one another. Is it millions of miles big or just the size of the world? Could you sense others in that dimension? Etc.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 04:32:05 AM »

What does it matter if they are connected or not?

In no real fight for a bijuu or whatnot will your opponent allow you to go into the same dimension as theirs. That altogether defeats the purpose of it. You use it to escape. If you both enter the same realm then they could theoretically say since they're in the same area in the real world that they're at the same distance in the alternate dimension thus even if you tried to kamui through an attack, they would mimic the kamui and cut you in said other dimension.

Then we have to get in the debate of how big that dimension is and if the two could ever reach one another. Is it millions of miles big or just the size of the world? Could you sense others in that dimension? Etc.

Seems logical then, that if you are in the same relative area in the real world, then you are close to the same relative area in the Kamui world. Kakashi vs Obito for support of that concept. You can likely sense the others within the dimension as well for all practical sake.

In a real fight, even if you try to flee, it is possible to (with both eyes) sync with the other Kamui dimension user and still get into ther dimension. There is only so much that you can control in the RP, and that is technically a very valid tactic for countering an opponent with Kamui/a space-time ninjutsu like Kamui.

The purpose of any technique is to defeat your foe or give the user an advantage of some sort. Your foe naturally is going to do anything that they can to counter that. Therefore, the significance of the debate is that each Kamui user having their own pocket dimension has simply allowed Kamui to be more abused than if the Kamui users were all connected to the same dimension, despite the latter being a bit more logical in a 'verse where there are multiple Kamui users.

Do hiraishin users all use the same dimensional void when they temporarily make their jump? It's likely, but due to the complexity of the technique formula, the nature of the technique that you can only warp to a location that you marked, and the fact that the user is within the dimensional void for such a miniscule amount of time, the user cannot just warp to other people's hiraishin markers without syncing or pirating their marks.

With Kamui, you can warp virtually everhwere within a dimension of your "mastery" so's to speak. By that logic, the Kamui dimension you can warp to at will, giving an advantage to having both eyes as Kamui than just having one as Kamui when in race to out-Kamui your opponent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.