Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Village Square- Moderators/Facilitators  (Read 3171 times)

Ace

• View Profile
Village Square- Moderators/Facilitators
« on: December 30, 2014, 10:24:40 PM »

Any other active member(s) that people would like as a Village Square mod?
One person cannot be asked to handle all of the work, I think one or two more should suffice. =)

Leaves some room for flexability in people's schedule as well.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Village Square- Moderators/Facilitators
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 10:26:32 PM »

I'd do it since I'm very active. But probably most people would not like that.

I would suggest Kage, Warren, or Eric. All of them are very articulate and polite, I suppose. I think any of those three would make a good mod.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 10:35:33 PM »

Any other active member(s) that people would like as a Village Square mod?
One person cannot be asked to handle all of the work, I think one or two more should suffice. =)

Leaves some room for flexibility in people's schedule as well.

How many do we currently have? The holidays are starting to come to a close, so I imagine the inactive ones are going to start making a slight return at some point. Otherwise, maybe a brief description of the job might help attract the willing.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 10:37:48 PM »

Though this does not pertain to only Bijuu fights, let us use that an example- I think it's most appropriate currently.

The members involved in the Bijuu fight choose their moderate, seems reasonable.
I think having one or two village square, or sub-board Bijuu moderators would help give members options to choose from active members to moderate their fights. That is not to say someone other than a moderator can be picked, by all means.

At the same time, if problems rise, best if discussions can remain civil.

job --> moderate the village square board or only bijuu sub-board, to what is given access =)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:54:56 PM by Ace »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 10:47:07 PM »

Maybe some of you may help clarify, these Bijuu fights that occur, who helps to moderate them (a group of people, one person, does that person change, etc...).

Biju fights have only recently (like, within the past month or two) been occurring here on the forum, so that's a relatively new responsibility. Moderation in those normally is not required because up until recently (past two weeks or so) the fights have been strictly RP, with most discussions and frustrations contained in PM's.

Now, the discussion about RP sometimes get out of hand, but usually they remain civil, unless it's about a biju fight. Then it tends to get a little dirtier.

The judge of the biju fight also would act as moderator if the fight was taking place on SL. Naturally, that would carry on to the forum in the absence of an over-arching mod.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 10:47:52 PM »

It's usually one individual who moderates Biju challenges.

I'm also very active and wouldn't mind assuming a Moderator position, but as with Bocchiere i'm not sure people would consider that,

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 10:51:12 PM »

Mind my edit, please do see the updated post for any clarifications.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 10:53:02 PM »

If you're looking for Biju arena moderators, i'm definitely willing to do that

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 10:58:57 PM »

I would like to clarify something I think needs to be said, because I think this topic is made with the wrong goal.

Kayenta was picked for the judge of the Bijuu fight in question before the two fighters agreed upon her. Not because she was the only active moderator on the forum. If being in charge of the Bijuu area on the forum means only those people can be judges, that's silly.

Out of anyone, I support Eric being made a moderator of any sorts. As my first choice, at least. Eric has always been good at taking neutral standpoints and looking at everything from all views.

I'm also active and almost everyone knows me in one way or another, but I won't openly nominate myself when others are around who can do the same job.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 11:05:10 PM »

I would like to clarify something I think needs to be said, because I think this topic is made with the wrong goal.

Kayenta was picked for the judge of the Bijuu fight in question before the two fighters agreed upon her. Not because she was the only active moderator on the forum. If being in charge of the Bijuu area on the forum means only those people can be judges, that's silly.

Out of anyone, I support Eric being made a moderator of any sorts. As my first choice, at least. Eric has always been good at taking neutral standpoints and looking at everything from all views.

I'm also active and almost everyone knows me in one way or another, but I won't openly nominate myself when others are around who can do the same job.
My post states that members can chose whomever they like to judge their bijuu fights, by all means.
Bijuu mods, or village square mods are able to edit posts and hopefully quickly diffuse any escalating situations.

The goal is to prevent issues from escalating, AND work with Bijuu judges (if need be) to find solutions to problems.
In the end, when we tend to overlook issues or let them linger, the tendency is to use unsolved past situations for future arguments...

At the same time, I hope more village square mods would be able to encourage more role play.
Kay is doing quite a lot, and a good job from my perspective- Oliver has her at her position for a reason. =)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 11:08:45 PM by Ace »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 11:08:45 PM »

My post states that members can chose whomever they like to judge their bijuu fights, by all means.
Bijuu mods, or village square mods are able to edit posts and hopefully quickly diffuse any escalating situations.

The goal is to prevent issues from escalating.

At the same time, I hope more village square mods would be able to encourage more role play.
Kay is doing quite a lot, and a good job from my perspective- Oliver has her at her position for a reason. =)

You mean encourage actual RP in the village boards asides from biju fights? And are moderators allowed to take sides during a discussion about RP, or are they supposed to remain nuetral? As my post count can attest, I like posting in said topics.  :D

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2014, 05:58:22 AM »

If somebody actually wants me, I suppose I'd be up for it. I get asked about Naruto nerdiness requiring stuff, among other things, fairly often anyway.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 06:02:29 AM »

Warren, Kage, and Eric spring to my mind as well.

The reasons have been mentioned already, I'm just too lazy to repeat and/or quote them. XP

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 12:21:08 PM »

I choose Eric ~
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2014, 11:16:47 PM »

while i'm still nominating myself (yeah take that Hazzy)

I also agree that Eric would be a good choice, He's one of the people i've rp'd with the most on this site and he is also one of the nicest individuals on the site, and could easily bring unbiased opinions to the situations
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 15 queries.