Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Refusing a Bijuu Challenge and respawning  (Read 11144 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Refusing a Bijuu Challenge and respawning
« on: December 31, 2014, 08:12:24 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong but...

the rule about how to challenge

1] ºHow to Challenge a Jinchurikiº
 In order to challenge a Jinchuriki & obtain a Biju, one must extend an invitation to its host; this places you on the list of challengers that each host must update in a publicly accessibly spot. [Either as a post in this thread or on the wikia as a discussion topic on the tailed beasts page. Here]  The two will make all arrangements for when the match will begin and where. Should the Jinchuriki ignore or refuse the invitation(s)-with no reason given- 3 times consecutively, you may report it to other Jinchuriki. Subject for such an event's invitation, for proof & reference of a challenge, must be titled: (Number of tails) - (Name of Jinchuriki); the body of the message may be as you please (though manners & politeness would of course make things much smoother).

...does not say what a valid reason for refusing a challenge is.

I think you are someone else and you are a godmodder does not seem like  a valid reason to me.

To me a valid reason would be....

1] you and I can't be in the same room without trying to kill each other....to which you should behave properly and stop being children about it...or maybe give the bijuu to someone who can handle the stress...and as the challenger stop making challenges until you can behave properly as well.

2] I have beat you the last 60 million times we fought, I feel I have proved you can't beat me.

3] You have demonstrated in the past in our fights that you insist upon blatant character control, god modding, ignoring my moves, evading everything under the sun and or metagaming and I am just not going to enter into combat with you again until you learn how to RP properly....and this should be documented not just made up hype over someone you do not like...not witnessed in other fights but experienced first hand.

NOW....
respawning.

I think that if the host is utterly destroyed, as in dust release, that the bijuu is also utterly destroyed and should respawn. I do not feel this is being unfair to those who use dust release. IF there is another jutsu that utterly destroys the host then it too would provoke a respawning.

thoughts on these two issues?

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Refusing a Bijuu Challenge and respawning
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 10:01:32 AM »

In order to challenge a Jinchuriki & obtain a Biju, one must extend an invitation to its host; this places you on the list of challengers that each host must update in a publicly accessibly spot. [Either as a post in this thread or on the wikia as a discussion topic on the tailed beasts page. Here]  The two will make all arrangements for when the match will begin and where. Should the Jinchuriki ignore or refuse the invitation(s)-with no reason given- 3 times consecutively, you may report it to other Jinchuriki. Subject for such an event's invitation, for proof & reference of a challenge, must be titled: (Number of tails) - (Name of Jinchuriki); the body of the message may be as you please (though manners & politeness would of course make things much smoother).

I think you are someone else and you are a godmodder does not seem like  a valid reason to me.

1] you and I can't be in the same room without trying to kill each other....to which you should behave properly and stop being children about it...or maybe give the bijuu to someone who can handle the stress...and as the challenger stop making challenges until you can behave properly as well.

2] I have beat you the last 60 million times we fought, I feel I have proved you can't beat me.

3] You have demonstrated in the past in our fights that you insist upon blatant character control, god modding, ignoring my moves, evading everything under the sun and or metagaming and I am just not going to enter into combat with you again until you learn how to RP properly....and this should be documented not just made up hype over someone you do not like...not witnessed in other fights but experienced first hand.

NOW....
respawning.

I think that if the host is utterly destroyed, as in dust release, that the bijuu is also utterly destroyed and should respawn. I do not feel this is being unfair to those who use dust release. IF there is another jutsu that utterly destroys the host then it too would provoke a respawning.

It was left vague for a reason, regarding what is a valid reason. The reason would vary depending on the circumstance, and be subjective to general opinion. Hard rules for what is a valid reason had not been created on purpose, though for better or for worse is up for debate.

I support respawning if and only if the fight is IC. Otherwise, I think that it is illogical to have a respawning tailed beast.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 12:17:32 PM »

Agreeing with Eric here. The conditions of what is plausible cause to deny a challenge is too numerous for a 'written in stone' rule. As the conditions always change.

Respawning in an OOC fight wouldn't make sense...as for IC. Did we ever discuss the respawn time? If I remember it was like a week or so and it takes place in the same zone.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 10:50:53 PM »

OOC would be silly yes. If they're acknowledged as having happened during IC timelines at all, one could still just say so and so much time passed before it respawned, they were the first and only one there and captured it as planned.

As for IC kind, it should be in the same area, would be only logical. If a completely blown apart mass of chakra can pull itself back together, makes sense it'd do so on the spot instead of just flying away in the wind. How long this takes though, eh, dunno. Kushina only really said 'a while', so its at least some days. Also the possibility to consider they might reform before a week even, just weakened, and will regen back to full strength some time after that.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 10:54:30 PM »

Kay you already know how I feel about the re spawning thing and for some reason I cant start a new topic, My computer is not having that. I would like to fight Dart and I hate to say it, I want round to with Belphe-Bocc. Dart already denied me once for silly reasons such as me and Ichirou being the same person which we are not. I am posting this here to officially challenge them both, AGAIN.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 10:56:26 PM »

Mind you, we're talking of completely obliterating the body.

At least personally I believe if you leave some part left, say blow half away and they bleed to death or something, then the bijuu can either be extracted, if not even be capable of emerging on its own.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 11:21:41 PM »

The only time I would see respawning as a possibility in the Biju fights is if the Fight is IC

It was to my understanding that in the biju fight, no matter how the other person lost, the Biju was given to the winner of the battle. If we had the biju respawn on body obliteration then I wouldn't even see the point of a biju challenge list or board, we might as well do it all IC on the site, but that's just how I feel about the respawning, everything else I agree with <3

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 11:28:03 PM »

If the fight is IC then it should mean that the loser dies not the re spawning of the beast...that would make the challenge list useless.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 11:32:23 PM »

Be careful sis, we're posting in the same thread one after another, people might think we're the same person again

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 11:35:05 PM »

Haha right. I suppose I'll just not log on when you are on dear brother.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2014, 11:38:33 PM »

Now now guys don't get snarky. Keep on topic. xD

If the host dies IC I think the beast would stay in the vessel for at least a few mins before respawning. Unless that's already a thing. >>
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2014, 11:40:01 PM »

The only way I think it should re spawn is if the host is killed IC outside of a challenge. That is if they dont have a fight going already.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 12:02:00 AM »

In the manga....the Akatsuki were cautioned very strongly NOT to kill the host.
We discussed this long time ago and the respawn time was set at two weeks. IT shows a lack of finesse if you have to kill the host in order to gain the beast. That they die during extractions was a given unless of Hax.

This right here.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 12:14:37 AM »

NOW....
respawning.

I was going to post in that "other" thread, but it moved so fast and got locked that most of my post irrevelent. The important and relevant portion will be pointed here:

Officially, the biju rules do not specify what is a legitimate reason to deny a biju challenge. So if someone were to suspect that you were trying to get around the biju rules by using an alt, then I would count that as a legitimate reason that could be brought up in a civil manner. Unless someone explicitly tells you that he/she is or is not an alt, all you can go by are assumptions regarding alternate accounts.

Since the holder, IF he/she was trying to buck the system (which I am not saying you guys are) would never reveal such a thing to the biju holder, then assumptions would be all that they or nigh anyone else without sufficient confession could go by. Only if one were to assume that the two are different unless confessions are made would that be a completely invalid excuse for not accepting a biju fight.

If someone were to attempt to bring powers into the fight that are not permitted (either because they were not earned or were just not permitted from the get-go by the host rules) then that is reason for refuse a biju challenge as well. Experience is nice for overarching god-modding, but not necessarily refusal due to powers.

Regarding Respawning, what Kay said:

In the manga....the Akatsuki were cautioned very strongly NOT to kill the host.
We discussed this long time ago and the respawn time was set at two weeks. IT shows a lack of finesse if you have to kill the host in order to gain the beast. That they die during extractions was a given unless of Hax.

IC fights are supposed to be all IC, so yes, biju being forced to respawn if host dies before extraction is kind of an added string. May be why only one or two people including myself do OOC instead of IC. Less hassle OOC, but it's also easier to get whacked too.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 03:41:47 AM »

I say he should accept.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 15 queries.