Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: The power of the Kaguya Clan  (Read 15896 times)

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: The power of the Kaguya Clan
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2015, 03:51:36 AM »

I never said removing it without healing would kill you, just paralyze.

I also was the one who found it more likely than instead of just a passive over time healing, its a localized thing that using shikotsumyaku causes at that particular area, stimulates the cells into regenerating or something.

Also uhh, if you look again at the stuff you linked, its pretty clear its not just skin, muscles are ripped too. That's not to mention the muscles and ligaments et cetera connected to the bone, so if only skin healed, even if he replaced the removed bone that'd have if not paralyzed his arm for a long time then severely weakened it for days if not weeks till it can naturally heal.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2015, 04:00:51 AM »

I also was the one who found it more likely than instead of just a passive over time healing, its a localized thing that using shikotsumyaku causes at that particular area, stimulates the cells into regenerating or something.

Also uhh, if you look again at the stuff you linked, its pretty clear its not just skin, muscles are ripped too. That's not to mention the muscles and ligaments et cetera connected to the bone, so if only skin healed, even if he replaced the removed bone that'd have if not paralyzed his arm for a long time then severely weakened it for days if not weeks till it can naturally heal.

Oh, okay. I must have misread the post then.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2015, 04:41:49 AM »

Wut. Since when is removal of the spine and by extension complete severance of the spinal cord not lethal?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2015, 05:41:59 AM »

Wut. Since when is removal of the spine and by extension complete severance of the spinal cord not lethal?

Ever since Kimmimaro pulled his out while in CS2? Come on man, keep up with the conversation. :P

Recall that a Kaguya has a different bone structure than that of ordinary shinobi. It's possible that they are built in such a way that such a thing would not be lethal. Maybe. In all seriousness, either he regrew the spine or simply used a new spine instead of completely taking out the original.

I project that part of the Yang release is the ability to pull out bones and subsequently recover from such actions. Since it governs vitality and such, they could probably heal themselves willingly, similar to how the Akimichi size transform and somehow don't become woozy from the change in dimensions.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2015, 05:58:23 AM »

Well they made it sound like just in general it was not.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2015, 06:20:37 AM »

Maybe everyone's just looking into it too much. Why can't we agree that Kaguya can recover extremely fast? Think about it with manga-logic. I'm sure it's completely possible for Kimi to make an entire extra skeleton if he really wanted to (and think about how spooky that would be). If he's able to make an entire bone forest erupt from his body, he's likely to run out of fuel quickly. That combined with plot disease likely caused his death in the series. I like to think that they have an extremely fast-paced healing ability which can also extend to their organs if need be. But the thing is, they can probably only heal so much because they've got to run out of nutrients to build those bones eventually. So Kaguyas probably have to eat as much as a manga main character usually does in order to keep from exhausting their body's natural stores. Or you could go with the 'It just works' idea that can apply to a lot of Naruto's funky abilities like the Sharingan.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 06:22:25 AM by Teostra »

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2015, 07:09:06 AM »

What about his curse seal? It has nothing to do with his accelerated healing capabilities? I was under the assumption that most of his higher-tier techniques actually required it active, since senjutsu-enhanced techniques seem logical at this point... (Considering if we're speaking of ripping one's skeleton or entire backbone out and coincidentally Kimimarro had his Curse Seal LV 2 active for this.)

Curse Seal = Feeds off that user's chakra then in turn give them the seal's owner senjutsu chakras.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2015, 08:28:52 AM »

Thing is with the spine though Mei, basically the entire body's nerves are connected to it. If you just up and try yank it out even a little, you'd most likely turn yourself into a quadriplegic pretty much instantly. Unless of course, you had healing capabilities to reconnect the severed nerves once new vertebrae are grown in to replace the pulled out ones.

Only other way that could work without healing of that level, and even then a big if, is if the original spine itself isn't removed, but you rather just create a copy of it segment by segment.

Okay but once again, he did that in CS 2. >.>

And we do not know how much research Kishi put in when you decided to bring this technique to the manga.

http://www.mangahit.com/naruto/215/17

No healing of flesh there...
All this talk of Cursed Seal-influenced Shikotsumyaku use makes me wonder what a true master of Senjutsu with Shikotsumyaku can do. Pretty scary when you think about it. The main drawback of the Cursed Seal, is that you're sacrificing your own chakra for the sealer's Senjutsu Chakra, and in effect, your body becomes distorted to the point of looking like an inhuman creature. More animalistic to be precise. This is really close to the same appearance and effect for those who have not mastered the handling of Senjutsu Chakra.

Though to that extent of speculation, Kabuto is the only example that we can draw from. But you'll have to keep in mind that he had a plethora of abilities absorbed within him. The most outstanding abilities when it came to his body was Sage Mode durability, Uzumaki vitality and Shikotsumyaku.

Once again, genetics play a role in granting strong abilities.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2015, 02:53:55 PM »

Actually, there's very little CS only techniques, such as Sasuke's Hatabaku Chidori. Otherwise it just makes it plenty easier to perform them due to the overall power boost.

Trying Sawarabi no Mai in Kimmi's state without CS2 would prolly killed him instantly due to the disease.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2015, 04:43:33 PM »

All this talk of Cursed Seal-influenced Shikotsumyaku use makes me wonder what a true master of Senjutsu with Shikotsumyaku can do. Pretty scary when you think about it. The main drawback of the Cursed Seal, is that you're sacrificing your own chakra for the sealer's Senjutsu Chakra, and in effect, your body becomes distorted to the point of looking like an inhuman creature. More animalistic to be precise. This is really close to the same appearance and effect for those who have not mastered the handling of Senjutsu Chakra.

Though to that extent of speculation, Kabuto is the only example that we can draw from. But you'll have to keep in mind that he had a plethora of abilities absorbed within him. The most outstanding abilities when it came to his body was Sage Mode durability, Uzumaki vitality and Shikotsumyaku.

Once again, genetics play a role in granting strong abilities.

When was it ever stated that Cursed Seals gave you access to Sage chakra? I thought it just buffed up your chakra by giving you access to chakra that the owner stored within you because each curse seal had a little part of Oro sealed inside it too.
Just looked it up, and yeah, it seems to give you some of Oro's sage power. But it seems like it's more of a synthetic sage mode if anything. Because they seem to lack the chakra-absorbing ability of a sage like Naruto. I don't think it should be read literally, because they're obviously two different 'sage modes'.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 04:48:33 PM by Teostra »

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2015, 07:27:17 PM »

Curse seal is closer to senninka than sage mode to be honest. If you do still want to compare it to mode though, core difference is that sage mode employs nature energy to bolster your physique, chakra and jutsus in general, is just beneficial overall (unless you mess up control and end up as a stone statue of course).

Whereas curse seal I believe eats your chakra to grant a relatively foul sort of senjutsu power in return, and though it can boost your physique even to the point of a fairly significant transformation, it also puts the body under such significant strain that overuse will simply kill you, provided you don't of course run out of chakra before that and die from it instead.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2015, 09:00:40 PM »

The whole point of the Cursed Seals was for Orochimaru to empower his closest followers and greatest potentials, as well as have an influence and leash on them. This is why the Sound Five were pretty loyal to Orochimaru.

But back to Shikotsumyaku. My whole point in my last post was to state that Kimimaro's healing ability from his clan's KG was further enhanced (by the Cursed Seal) to instantly heal/regrow his entire spinal cord. It's pretty obvious that the Cursed Seal provides some senjutsu-like enhancements. But a perfected Sage Mode user can definitely outclass them.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2015, 10:19:16 PM »

If I were to say that the Kaguya had any form of healing outside of their bone manipulation I would say it would require sage chakra. May that be through Curse seal, or sage mode.

Without enhancements, you have incredibly basic healing. When you pull a bone from your body, that wound would heal, and that's about it. Maybe some minor damage from Tools and what not but to keep things semi-Fair I would say no more than minor scraps and burns.

Now once you add Curse senjutsu to the mix you start getting a higher form of healing. Now you can survive pulling out your spine and producing a forest of bone (And I am pretty sure Kimmi used the bone forest without curse seal in the Kabuto fight, /but/ he may have been pooling off Kabuto or something. That whole interaction was just odd.)

Now, finally we add Sage mode chakra. I suggest this gives the healing power a run for it's money, Within reason of course. You are able to passively heal major wounds with the expenditure of large amounts of Senjutsu. I would say if you use the Kaguya healing power it would reduce your Sage mode by one turn, as to keep things fair for Healing power users.

Of course I am just throwing things out there, if you wish to ignore them, or use this as a foundation for any other rules, be my guest.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2015, 07:06:56 AM »

I could actually see that, senjutsu chakra adding to the healing factor. Kimi was fueling off of Kabuto's senjutsu chakra in the Kabuto fight

Mioku

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2015, 07:55:39 PM »

I would have to go with the idea that the curse seal enhancing preexisting Kaguya abilities and not granting new ones, since it's not a legit 'Sage mode' since you aren't truly mixing it with your spiritual and physical energy to create senjutsu, just more or less just getting enhanced with natural energy mixed with Oro's 'cursed' chakra. It was vague and maybe I'm not explaining it as I'm seeing it right.. But there is a difference between the two.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Page created in 2.081 seconds with 17 queries.