Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Bingo Book?  (Read 2762 times)

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Bingo Book?
« on: January 02, 2015, 11:18:00 PM »

Was wondering if an official SL one was ever implemented. If not I wouldn't mind the burden of starting one. A Bingo Book in general is a good way to let someone know a little about another person, ICly. Without all that ooc knowledge thrown on the computer screen. It would be very basic and reveal nothing personal, just standard name, height, weight, age, affiliation and if there are any bounties on your head. Other information can be included, specific to said individual. The bingo book is meant to be up to date, thus if someone was to attempt an invasion in lets say Konoha for whatever reason and they succeed small scale and flee, later on such news would be attached to their bingo record in a note of their involvement. Further more if Konoha wishes to have the attackers dead, a bounty can be set up for imaginary loot of course, in which people can bounty hunt for said nin; given information from the bingo book. This could allow for real bounties to be set in place as well, along side the use of a bingo book. Basically allow you to decipher if a nin is going to try and kill you on sight or is more of a good guy, also if capturing him will make you rich icly.

I mean I highly doubt every nin, knows every other nin alive. The use of a bingo book would allow them to slightly stalk them if given an encounter. Only just a thought here. Would be interesting though to implement bounties with the bingo book, only really thought of it mid way writing this so, open to suggestions!

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Bingo Book?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 11:20:11 PM »

We had someone starting one, even made actual pages for it. But she seems to have vanished, I hope she will return now that the holidays are over.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Bingo_Book

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 11:26:01 PM »

I see I see. Lot of work to make a page for each nin, as well as update it. I was thinking more like a log list, that could be edited whenever. This way if anything new came up with your character, the book would be updated. As to how that would work in game, I would think the book would be electronic and allowed to update that way. Kinda like a pokedex, lol. Like seriously. It'll tell you what the nin calls home, his basic description, what they are known for, and if any bounties are set on them.

I wouldn't want strangers knowing my skill set though. >>; But it should definitely be done!

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 11:46:57 PM »

Technically every village has their own Bingo Book that puts up names of people wanted by them. What you're probably asking for, is for there to be a universal Bingo Book for anybody to refer to. Somewhat like a bounty board for all the land to put bounties up on and see. This could be good, but this could also be problematic. We'll probably want two things to be certain: Who put up the bounty and who they put one up for. The first is the most important, since people who would want to hunt down those bounties, would obviously only do it if the reward was great enough.

This also brings up whether or not somebody would actually be trustworthy enough to actually give somebody a reward, instead of just using them for their own bidding.

There's also another thing to take into consideration. How would a universal Bingo Book be updated IC? Who has access to it?

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 12:04:05 AM »

I used to put everyone who pvp'd me in the bingo book when I was a greenhorn acad. Then this girl messages me and is all like, "how come you put me in the bingo book??" I had no idea it was not private. I was just making a list of people I wanted to pvp. lol
I did the same.

If there is a bingo book of players I'd want it
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 12:06:26 AM by Lazy Oogakari, Steel »

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 02:04:14 AM »

Only logical way for it to globally be updated IC, is for it to be an electronic device. That way any new information can be changed without having to go and get a new edition or whatever. Giving a generalization of the nin, whether or not they are registered to a village and what not. As per bounties they would not be faulty, rather official bounties made by a village or high ranking officials. Not like ohh I don't like you ima put a bounty on your head. The bounties I'm thinking off need reason for such. i.e. You just attacked and burned down a portion of my factories and crippled business! I don't care who you are! 100 million gold coins for your head! That type of shiz. Stuff to spark up RP, allowing missing nin and those without work to earn money as well as possibly respect for the one making the bounty.
I'd certainly like the idea of a global bingo book.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 03:53:59 AM »

Only logical way for it to globally be updated IC, is for it to be an electronic device. That way any new information can be changed without having to go and get a new edition or whatever. Giving a generalization of the nin, whether or not they are registered to a village and what not. As per bounties they would not be faulty, rather official bounties made by a village or high ranking officials. Not like ohh I don't like you ima put a bounty on your head. The bounties I'm thinking off need reason for such. i.e. You just attacked and burned down a portion of my factories and crippled business! I don't care who you are! 100 million gold coins for your head! That type of shiz. Stuff to spark up RP, allowing missing nin and those without work to earn money as well as possibly respect for the one making the bounty.
I'd certainly like the idea of a global bingo book.
Electronics have advanced quite a bit by the epilogue of the series. So it's entirely possible. It would also be nice to have a little laptop to browse the ninjanet on. Maybe sport one of those VR/AR headsets that Shino was wearing.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 08:01:07 AM »

Mission HQ would probably be a good place to start. After all, this information would need to be gathered, after all. I would consider this like, what, a C-ranked mission to gather information for a global bingo book?

I am pretty sure it would have to be updated regularly in order to be totally accurate, regardless of whether there is a sort of internet or not.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 08:46:55 PM »

Mission HQ would probably be a good place to start. After all, this information would need to be gathered, after all. I would consider this like, what, a C-ranked mission to gather information for a global bingo book?

I am pretty sure it would have to be updated regularly in order to be totally accurate, regardless of whether there is a sort of internet or not.

Yeah. I like that.
We can just regularly post a mission to get the BB(BINGO BOOK) updated.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 09:49:02 PM »

It would take forever though. Electronic update via chakra-wifi would be better.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 09:55:58 PM »

It would take forever though. Electronic update via chakra-wifi would be better.

It does not have to be electronic. It can be transfered via seal.
e.g.
NPC dude receives info and sends it to every shinobi of their village via communication seal...
That way one can at least know the description of certain people and some of their abilities.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 10:09:49 PM »

It does not have to be electronic. It can be transfered via seal.
e.g.
NPC dude receives info and sends it to every shinobi of their village via communication seal...
That way one can at least know the description of certain people and some of their abilities.
That's what I mean by chakra-wifi. Summoning Technique has had that for years.

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 01:39:30 AM »

Yes! Like a pokedex, for ninjas! As for the DP it could be input into the bounties! That way they don't loose their value and actual bounty hunts can ensue for those notorious nin out there! Dependent on how badly someone is wanted dead, is how high the prize would be. Certainly a ranking list should be made and a whole table to show who is wanted and for how much. I like the idea! A hit list and a pokedex all at the same time! And DP is involved!

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 08:29:23 AM »

stackable DP....like you wanted them for 100 and I add 200 on top.
then the terms are set...dead or alive...kage and i were talking and he suggested they pay more for capturing alive than for being brought in dead.

you know...in case the person wants to torment them some for pleasure or something.
Actually, I usually prefer alive. But if dead, then a head is required.

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.