Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Tailed Beast Respawning  (Read 2681 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Tailed Beast Respawning
« on: January 07, 2015, 06:47:24 AM »

Alright, now a topic specifically for tailed beast respawning. A general summary of the previous topic i that it has been generally believed that the tailed beast would be respawned with a GM controlling it (in the case of current challenges, the judge for the fight if there was one).

Now then, the two main branches that grew off were whether the challenger gets first dibs or not, and under what conditions would a tailed beast have to respawn under the current system that we have.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
Re: Tailed Beast Respawning
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 06:58:46 AM »

Well, if the challenger killed their quarry for the beast instead of subduing them into submission, I would say they lose their "first chance" at obtaining the bijū. Instead, it should shift to the next person in the challenge list as the first contender for the the freed beast. Even then, that person must now fight a bijū entirely.

That is the punishment for killing instead of subduing. Even canonically, the Akatsuki ensured they only beat the jinchūriki into submission. I propose that stays the same.

Of course, then that system could therein be abused because if the jinc didn't like the challenger, (s)he could easily "allow" themselves to die just to deny the challenger their chance at the bijū.

In which case, after I thought of that point, I might fall back on what I was saying and simply allow the challenger to take the first grabs at an attempt to nab the beast.

As for conditions, just respawns in the same area where the person was killed after a grand reappearance to let others know it exists and is free again after a week to regain its strength.

(It would be interesting to make people wait for weeks depending on tails but no one would follow that. Just a side thought that carries no real value.)

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 05:24:26 AM »

You beat the host you get the beast. Who cares how or why or anything anymore?

The host leaves...the first on the challenge list gets it.

Simple. no exceptions. no fuss no muss.

You get one bijuu. Period.

You have to accept all challengers or demonstrate through a challenge why it is impossible to rp with your opponent.

If you are the problem, the other Jink's strip you and give your beast away.

You have 2 weeks grace period after getting a bijuu sealed.

No summons., so surrogates. Beasts have to be hosted and fought for by the Jink. 2 weeks to seal an unhosted bijuu. If you can't manage that the jinks take the beast and find a host for you.

No prolonged drama festivals or all participants will be banned from anything bijuu for 6 weeks. the bijuu goes up for dibs to be determined by the prior host's affiliates.

All of this.

Just one tweak and that if the jinc is in a clan, then the clan decides what to do with the beast, not the other jincs, should problems arise with hosting or issues with people.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 05:28:09 AM »

If we're still running for the Biju Respawn I think that whoever took the Jinchuriki out should have first call on the beast, for the simple fact that as far as IC information goes, the challenger that beat the Jinchuriki would be the only one who knew it was about to respawn (or whatever logical backstory we put behind it, unless we're just literally using respawning), Just  because they had to destroy the host to win the battle, it shouldn't lead to them losing a full chance at the beast.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 06:05:51 AM »

You beat the host you get the beast. Who cares how or why or anything anymore?

The host leaves...the first on the challenge list gets it.

Simple. no exceptions. no fuss no muss.

You get one bijuu. Period.

You have to accept all challengers or demonstrate through a challenge why it is impossible to rp with your opponent.

If you are the problem, the other Jink's strip you and give your beast away.

You have 2 weeks grace period after getting a bijuu sealed.

No summons., so surrogates. Beasts have to be hosted and fought for by the Jink. 2 weeks to seal an unhosted bijuu. If you can't manage that the jinks take the beast and find a host for you.

No prolonged drama festivals or all participants will be banned from anything bijuu for 6 weeks. the bijuu goes up for dibs to be determined by the prior host's affiliates.

All of this.

Just one tweak and that if the jinc is in a clan, then the clan decides what to do with the beast, not the other jincs, should problems arise with hosting or issues with people.

the other jinks come in for disciplinary reasons. IF the clan or affiliate can't pick a good host then I feel the hosts should moderate themselves just like the used to.

I would say the affiliates/clan first...for when a host leaves or an unhosted beast has to be dealt with. but if you host can't be controlled and reminded by you the clan or affiliate to behave and the jinks have to step in...that is the clan's fault for not stopping the BS before the community had to.

I dont' see rewarding dereliction in duty. choose a better host next time you get a chance.

I agree solely with that then!

Clan/Affliation first, Jincs step in if not appropriately handled by the clans.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 01:30:30 PM »

So how are other jinchs going to be gathered and asked to put in their input in this case? A PM sent out to everyone via SL that asks them to choose a new member of the club or something?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 03:14:25 PM »

So how are other jinchs going to be gathered and asked to put in their input in this case? A PM sent out to everyone via SL that asks them to choose a new member of the club or something?

Perhaps we should have a universal city house that's specifcially reserved for the Jinchūriki in Jiseigakure. ;)

But yea, PM in-game would probably be best.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 07:29:45 PM »

Yeah widespread pm would work out

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 10:48:32 PM »

I think this is just... Ridiculous. What is the point of even having challenges if you are just going to let the beast be a free for all in the end?

NO ONE is going to let themselves be captured, no one barely let's themselves get a papercut in a fight anymore.

For all this, you might as well just scrap all the Bijuu rules and force everyone to just go back to IC hunting only.

Creating this respawn rule is destroying the whole reason that we even have challenges in the first place. And then, to top it off, people are mentioning letting the SECOND person get first dibs?

So I bust my behind killing the Nine Tails and then the person AFTER me gets to come in and magically get first dibs? Or I somehow managed to bring down Zenaku, back when he was the Nine Tails, and then anyone else that was on his list just waits for me to do the hard part before it becomes a free for all?

I think this is just silly.

What happens if it's OOC, eh?
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 10:57:29 PM »

I think this is just... Ridiculous. What is the point of even having challenges if you are just going to let the beast be a free for all in the end?

NO ONE is going to let themselves be captured, no one barely let's themselves get a papercut in a fight anymore.

For all this, you might as well just scrap all the Bijuu rules and force everyone to just go back to IC hunting only.

Creating this respawn rule is destroying the whole reason that we even have challenges in the first place. And then, to top it off, people are mentioning letting the SECOND person get first dibs?

So I bust my behind killing the Nine Tails and then the person AFTER me gets to come in and magically get first dibs? Or I somehow managed to bring down Zenaku, back when he was the Nine Tails, and then anyone else that was on his list just waits for me to do the hard part before it becomes a free for all?

I think this is just silly.

What happens if it's OOC, eh?

The first on the challenge list is the present challenger last I checked. And if it's OOC, then there is no need to worry about it because death does not carry over for either party. No one is going to just let themselves get killed either, but an IC fight is an IC fight. Doing things IC was for people who wanted to RP out the whole process, not shirk the most difficult portion and keep the death penalty.

All that aside, the hot suggestion made by Kayenta does not include a respawn concept at all. If the host/ clan of the host are having issues following through with their respective duties, then it becomes free for all let's pick a new victim for the current jinchs in session at the time of the decision making.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 10:58:52 PM »

I just want to say that I've always thought the whole bijuu thing on SL was a pain in the butt and was probably the tipping point at where the whole RP aspect of it snowballed downhill because that's when everything began to become regulated.

But, what are we complaining about here? If you kill the host of the bijuu, the bijuu breaks free. I thought everyone agreed about that. If you really want to make it interesting, appoint someone as a game master for a fight if you're going to challenge someone for their bijuu. If you kill the host, the bijuu breaks free and you have to fight it too under control of the GM (probably going to be weaker than at full power, because it's been getting chakra-sucked the whole fight because that always happens). If you subdue it/seal it, then it's yours. I'm pretty sure a tailed beast is a rampaging monster and probably wouldn't run away, so the GM should make sure that doesn't happen. If you die during the fight or retreat, then no beast for you. But I guess now that GM has responsibility for it. And whoever wants to fight it next has to fight a full powered tailed beast.

But do people seriously get in single-file line waiting to attack the beasts/hosts? That's just silly.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 11:17:06 PM »

...But do people seriously get in single-file line waiting to attack the beasts/hosts? That's just silly.

That's kind of how a challenge/queue system works unless it is negotiated that more fighters can be in the match.

...But, what are we complaining about here? If you kill the host of the bijuu, the bijuu breaks free. I thought everyone agreed about that. If you really want to make it interesting, appoint someone as a game master for a fight if you're going to challenge someone for their bijuu. If you kill the host, the bijuu breaks free and you have to fight it too under control of the GM (probably going to be weaker than at full power, because it's been getting chakra-sucked the whole fight because that always happens). If you subdue it/seal it, then it's yours. I'm pretty sure a tailed beast is a rampaging monster and probably wouldn't run away, so the GM should make sure that doesn't happen. If you die during the fight or retreat, then no beast for you. But I guess now that GM has responsibility for it. And whoever wants to fight it next has to fight a full powered tailed beast...

An appointed judge for the fight would probably be sufficient for GM duty in that capacity.

Kobayashi Toshiro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2015, 08:07:02 PM »

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 08:07:50 PM by Kobayashi Toshiro »

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.