Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Mayfly  (Read 10434 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Mayfly
« on: January 09, 2015, 03:06:53 AM »

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:19:01 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Mayfly
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 03:11:18 AM »

You need to have Mokuton to use it. Also it is claimed. That's all.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 03:30:35 AM »

I believe the main issue behind the question was;

Zetsus are humans reduced by their entire body into plant goop, no organs whatsoever, even brain is gone. All other mokuton users were largely flesh and blood still, Hashi, Obito, Madara and Yamato too. Even Danzo if his lameness counts? Only slight exceptions being possibly Obito and Danzo, since I don't think Obito ever used any outside of swirly zetsu wrapping, and Danzo could only do it with his arm.

Zetsus were shown using mayfly, moku bunshin were shown merging into a tree at least once (Yamato trailing Sai), but mokuton people themselves never merged with wood much less the earth or other materials.

Question then is, how can a mokuton user use mayfly without turning themselves entirely zetsu?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 03:35:50 AM »

I don't, how does this work? (and also when the heck does Madara use it?)
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_Prevention_Technique

I think that since Zetsu are barely a thing on SL most people just allowed anyone with Wood Release to use it.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 03:39:53 AM »

...not a clue of Madara, not Yamato either. I've seen every movie and ep so far, even fillers, and only ever seen the one instance of Orochimaru using that during chuunin exam.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 03:49:29 AM »

...not a clue of Madara, not Yamato either. I've seen every movie and ep so far, even fillers, and only ever seen the one instance of Orochimaru using that during chuunin exam.

Yamato's was what used to be called Hiding in Rock Technique. That jutsu's page has been changed and no longer includes Yamato as a user, because his instance was apparently Attack Prevention Technique. As for Madara I haven't the slightest.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 03:51:41 AM »

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_Release:_Underground_Projection_Fish_Technique

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_Release:_Hiding_in_Rock_Technique

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Mayfly

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_Release:_Subterranean_Voyage

The principle is not unique to Mayfly, even if the rest of them are not necessarily as "undetectable" as Mayfly.

It is indeed a Zetzu ability, and Kirk long claimed to create Zetzu under the old "they are from Mokuton cell" principle. Mayfly has also been claimed by certain individuals, though the "justification" for it is anyone's guess.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 03:55:43 AM »

Out of those though, I'm not sure of fish, but isn't it just a fancier name for digging? Kakashi's decapitation trick is digging too. Hiding in rock looks like camouflage, not actual rock merging. Subterranean voyage actually clearly states you liquify the ground to 'swim' in it.

Mayfly in turn, and possibly attack prevention, actually physically merges you with the ground.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 04:19:05 AM »

Out of those though, I'm not sure of fish, but isn't it just a fancier name for digging? Kakashi's decapitation trick is digging too. Hiding in rock looks like camouflage, not actual rock merging. Subterranean voyage actually clearly states you liquify the ground to 'swim' in it.

Mayfly in turn, and possibly attack prevention, actually physically merges you with the ground.

No, Hiding in Rock Technique also allows you to move into and out of other rocks undetected. It is merging with the rocks in a sense.

The Zetzu are quintessentially plants, so they can move about the organic ground as if they were travelling through roots. I highly doubt that the technique would be as effective in the desert or in the air where there is no organic matter.

I suppose then it is more similar than to merging with water Hozuki style:

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Water_Release:_Tate_Eboshi

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 04:28:55 AM »

One would think so, but zetsu popped up smack middle of the gokage meetin through a stone floor.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 04:34:42 AM »

I believe it even specifically says it still works in the desert.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 04:37:38 AM »

One would think so, but zetsu popped up smack middle of the gokage meetin through a stone floor.

Perhaps that outer venus flytrap like thing has a use for ease of transport? Or maybe that stone floor wasn't as inorganic as we're giving it?

I'm not entirely sure. Water veins were apparently included in the Mayfly description.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Mayfly

It even says sand, so I don't even know what kind of criteria exists for this technique. Like, he can't use it in mid-air at least.

*Then again, wood can sprout from nigh anywhere via Mokuton, so I would say the sky is literally the limit.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:38:47 AM by Eric »

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 04:46:08 AM »

Desert is a yes, zetsu ate the fake kisame's corpse after all.

I would say hell no to sky though, its already a go-anywhere jutsu for an inexplicable reason, no point breaking it completely. I will even somewhat object to the wood though, cause outside of the Torii gates hashirama did they always come up from either the ground or out of the user.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 04:48:37 AM »

Desert is a yes, zetsu ate the fake kisame's corpse after all.

I would say hell no to sky though, its already a go-anywhere jutsu for an inexplicable reason, no point breaking it completely. I will even somewhat object to the wood though, cause outside of the Torii gates hashirama did they always come up from either the ground or out of the user.

I did say the sky was the limit. ^_^

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 04:49:25 AM »

Is this Mayfly too? Or is it just Black Zetsu's crazy merging ability?

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-526-page-7.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.