Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Mayfly  (Read 10397 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Mayfly
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 05:04:26 AM »

Is this Mayfly too? Or is it just Black Zetsu's crazy merging ability?

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-526-page-7.html

Yeah that's Mayfly. He's merging with a tree and then popping out his eye somewhere else.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 11:13:35 PM »

According to the Naruto Databook, Mayfly is a technique that is a signature characteristic of Zetsu.
Unless you're Zetsu, I do not think other people should use this technique.

And what was mentioned before, no one who has use of Mokuton have shown to be able to do this technique.

Also, most, if not all, of the other techniques that are similar involves some form of digging.

-------
Mayfly* (蜉蝣, Kagerou)
Ninjutsu, No rank, Supplementary, All ranges
User: Zetsu

Using roots to glide through the ground, this is a espionage and subterranean travel technique~~!!

This infiltration technique is characteristic of Zetsu. It allows him to merge his body with the ground and flora and travel at high speed.
His insectivorous plant-like shell has the ability to merge with the ground, because it is tinged with his chakra. Then, using the underground network of organic matter, consisting of things like plant roots and water veins, he can travel everywhere with high speed. While using this technique, his presence is completely concealed. No person would be able to perceive Zetsu's existence.

[picture of Zetsu watching from a tree trunk]
[picture of Zetsu appearing from a branch, next to Tobi]
↑→Zetsu can conceal himself in trees, sand, and the like. When seeing fellow shinobi fight, this technique conceals his presence.

*Mayflies are insects, well-known for having a very short lifespan. Adult mayflies only life for half an hour to a day, depending on the species.

Kagerou may also be short for "usubakagerou" (薄羽蜉蝣), the Japanese name for the adult antlion (these adults have no wide-spread name in English). The larvæ of this insect, the antlions proper, are well-known for burrowing sand pits in which they trap ants and such. These larvæ (and the pits they dig) are called arijigoku (蟻地獄, "ant hell") in Japanese.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2015, 06:26:49 AM »

Mei hit the nail on the head right there.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2015, 06:28:34 AM »

Sorry I haven't read through the whole thread and am a little tired but I do have a question

so are we making Mayfly where only Zetsu can use it? Or Wood release users? Or removing it? Or has no real decision about it been made here

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2015, 09:06:46 AM »

Sorry I haven't read through the whole thread and am a little tired but I do have a question

so are we making Mayfly where only Zetsu can use it? Or Wood release users? Or removing it? Or has no real decision about it been made here

This is SL....watchu talking about 'decisions'? >.> All you're gonna get is 10 people who agree and then another 10 people who don't...maybe 5 people who can't make up their minds and then everyone else who doesn't care.

Rules is fer scrubz.

On that note, I've always thought it was silly when people who weren't Zetsu used mayfly.  I always assumed he could do that cuz he was just a mush of mokuton with no bones and...based on what's been said here...that's basically correct xD

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2015, 10:58:05 AM »

^ Guy has the secrets of SL figured out. Get rekt.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2015, 04:25:09 PM »

This is SL....watchu talking about 'decisions'? >.> All you're gonna get is 10 people who agree and then another 10 people who don't...maybe 5 people who can't make up their minds and then everyone else who doesn't care.

Rules is fer scrubz.

On that note, I've always thought it was silly when people who weren't Zetsu used mayfly.  I always assumed he could do that cuz he was just a mush of mokuton with no bones and...based on what's been said here...that's basically correct xD

Dude, there are not even 20+ people who regularly come to the forums to hash anything out. Quit fibbing. >_>

Generally it is more like 7 (at best) agree and a couple disagrees, the reverse order, or it's pretty close along those lines.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 05:39:55 PM »

Rules is fer scrubz.

Dude, there are not even 20+ people who regularly come to the forums to hash anything out. Quit fibbing. >_>

Generally it is more like 7 (at best) agree and a couple disagrees, the reverse order, or it's pretty close along those lines.

Hyperbole bruh, sounds better than the actual small number of people who actively use the forums >.>

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2015, 06:01:29 PM »

Rules is fer scrubz.

Hyperbole bruh, sounds better than the actual small number of people who actively use the forums >.>

Not really, since hardly ever is it neck and neck with the decisioning as of late. It's usually mostly for or mostly again, or mostly quiet.  :good:
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2015, 06:49:17 PM »

Who cares if all of us decide that it shouldn't be used? People are still going to use it to become one with the trees. Hippies.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2015, 07:44:42 PM »

Basically.

Who cares if all of us decide that it shouldn't be used? People are still going to use it to become one with the trees. Hippies.

Basically.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2015, 10:16:07 PM »

Screw it! Who's got two thumbs and not accepting non Zetsu Mayfly? This guy.

I had originally felt like Mayfly was nothing something that regular peeps could use, but threw that opinion to the side as it became more popular, now as far as my challenges go i'm just going to have it on my voids, problemo solvedo.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2015, 10:27:37 PM »

Screw it! Who's got two thumbs and not accepting non Zetsu Mayfly? This guy.

I had originally felt like Mayfly was nothing something that regular peeps could use, but threw that opinion to the side as it became more popular, now as far as my challenges go i'm just going to have it on my voids, problemo solvedo.

I'll just have to claim an implanted Zetsu butt on all my characters.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2015, 10:33:27 PM »

Yup! Archive the butt implant so you have evidence of rp ;p

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2015, 12:44:26 AM »

I'll just have to claim an implanted Zetsu butt on all my characters.

Forgot to reply to this. Having DNA of Zetsu is not what allows him to use the Mayfly technique (at least not entire). After all, Zetsu's DNA is that of the 1st Hokage so does not accomplish anything. To my belief, it's his bodily structure that allows it so. He has no organs of any kind. He's an artificial human. >.>
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 17 queries.