Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Character change as well.  (Read 12729 times)

Masane

• View Profile
Re: Character change as well.
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2015, 02:10:00 PM »

I got a whole rp set out where Machina died bringing Manji back from Edo. She had a sister that will inherit all her skills and I dont use wood, so the wooden copy wheel is no more. It has nothing to do with fighting anyone, I'm bored with the Rinnegan. And know I have a defense against them. And yes I changed my back story. Machina gave Ichi all her/Manji's stuff which I will recover once I find him IC.

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2015, 02:12:19 PM »

Couldn't care less of the claiming nonsense, though I do have one slightly related question.

Dafuq is hachimon susanoo supposed to be?

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2015, 02:32:55 PM »

Susanoo'o in the gates. This will never be mastered by the way. Masae can only go to like one or two. Erin, are you fine with my changes?

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2015, 02:39:35 PM »

Mind elaborating? That tells me basically nothing.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2015, 02:46:09 PM »

Entering Susano'o from the gates. Combining the size of Susie, with the gates.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2015, 02:55:43 PM »

Suppose it'd be possible to boost its power some with that, bs something about using the greater chakra flow, but I doubt I have to say it wouldn't affect the speed. Not only would that be broken as hell but it wouldn't really work either, considering the apparitions movements are dependent on the user's control/skill, not chakra.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2015, 04:02:25 PM »

uhm....seriously?

The gates releasing different power of the body...would upset the ratio of physical to spirital energy blending to make forming justu a big impossibility.

I make a cake for instance...
2 part flour
1 part liquid
.75 parts leavening agent.

so now you want to change the ratio...but only of one part...
you are not gonna get cake out of that but maybe pie crust...

6 parts dry
1 part liquid
.75 part leavening agent.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2015, 04:41:10 PM »

You contradict yourself fairly big there, because if gates messed up the ratios then they would be useless since you could no longer form any chakra whatsoever. Looking at massively chakra empowered feats such as lotus and night guy in particular, can't see how could that possibly be the case.

Literally all the gates do is limit the body's chakra flow, without them you'd have a case such as the 8th gate's opening; your chakra becomes so strong you burn alive from the inside. TL;DR = they're limiters, there's no magic about it.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2015, 04:44:15 PM »

its not a contradiction but a misconception. :P

explain it to me more better good.

I don't see how it is possible.

Coming from the standpoint that Lee and Guy don't use chakra jutsu... is this not the case anymore?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 04:47:38 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2015, 05:08:14 PM »

Its like a water valve, even if you crank it till the valve breaks off, its still going to be water coming through it.

Simple really. No gates open, you've your "normal", restricted flow available. You can do big jutsus but they're taxing as expected because you're far from your max potential. Kind of like forcing a giant piano through a tiny doorway.

Then if you open gates, the more you open the stronger your flow becomes. Open the floodgates, break off the valve, remove the funnel, whatever comparison you wish to make, same concept still. Your body nor spirit don't change so it is still the exact same chakra as you mixed before, you just have access to more of it from your total pool at once, instead of a slower dribble. Potentially significantly more so, considering with 6 gates Gai was pushing a giant water body back with sheer chakra alone, and with all 8 he made a colossal dragon that obliterated half of a 10 tails hosts body in one kick.

So you open gates, what then? You can be Lee or Gai, keep it inside the body and use it to boost your physique to ridiculous levels for epic taijutsu. Bijuu chakra can achieve a similar effect too if its not used for jutsus, as seen from Naruto even before he ever achieved even a 1 tailed cloak. He went from a shrimp to overpowering Neji.

Alternatively you can utilize that greater flow for jutsus. As expected with more gas to the flames, you can run out much faster, perhaps even burn yourself (or network in this case) while at it, but its no longer meager flames but a bigass bonfire instead.

As for how this would come into play with susanoo, like I said it won't do squat about your apparitions speed, that will still be dependent on your skill/control and that alone. It should in theory however make it a fair to significant degree easier (depending on gates open) to form the apparition however, because you're no longer tearing your body to pieces trying to rip out all that power, you can just flood it out instead.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2015, 05:23:16 PM »

I thought that the gates never really used chakra. Morning peacock was just punching so fast that the air friction caused the punches to catch fire. The tiger attack was just another extremely fast punch that went so fast that it launched a wave of air pressure that exploded on contact. No chakra at all with those techniques. The only chakra involved was the chakra used to unlock the gates. And that 'chakra veil' that surrounds the gates user was just sweat evaporating due to his body temperature I think.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2015, 05:30:19 PM »

This is a neat discussion about the gates and I look forward to reading it and learning more from you all.

however, I would like to make an opinion statement concerning the original topic of character change...

I did nto read past a few pages because it was getting...drama filled and giving me angst.

so generally speaking...when it comes to character redo...

she cannot go back and undo...OTHER PEOPLE's rp who reacted to her during the original biography. she only has the power to change her future, not OUR past.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2015, 05:38:55 PM »

In the attacks that were sent flying, with exception of night guy, yes. Being able to do that without the increased flow from opened gates boosting your body to that degree however? Not a chance.

There's an example of it even before gates are ever actually mentioned, when Lee swoops in to block the two hits during the way to the Chuunin exam's first part. They commented something along the lines of 'whats with that chakra in his arms?'.

Tsunade's mega strength is a vaguely similar principle. You control the utmost max of a huge load of chakra you can, then release it all at once for a massive punch/kick.

Been plenty proof in both anime and manga since the beginning that chakra can be and is used to boost your physique too, not just shaped into jutsus.

As for the voiding, will agree on that, one can't just decide on such alone. Think of something that works for both parties, otherwise its simply character controlling the others.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2015, 05:43:38 PM »

But Gates is different from using chakra to boost your strenght. For example, Gai is physically strong already while Tsunade requires chakra to become that physically strong. Someone using Gates would extremely different from someone just boosting strength via chakra.

And regarding the topic, yeah, I only read the first page and it already seemed like it was just a whine-fest so I didn't wade through the next pages. Why can't she just basically RP where she changes her character's abilities? Whether through a body swap like Oro or some sort of genetic manipulation with the help of a third party?

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2015, 05:52:49 PM »

Well if you count being even stronger as extreme, then yes it'd be different. If not, then well I did say similar principle, not identical. Tsunade gets her strength as explosive bursts, gate users more just beef up their physique overall when going into hachimon. Some differences, but similar principle still, former is less potent and safer, latter is more potent and far more dangerous.

As for body swapping, yes, if you found some with the set you want you could get the abilities for yourself to use provided you learned their use after the takeover. Oro style erodes the body however, so lest there was some magic way to prevent that it'd be only a temporary reprieve. As for gene therapy, while new material can be introduced to some degree, completely removing some like say uchiha in this case would be difficult if not impossible, and that's without even beginning on what diseases and other other kind of complications it could cause for the body.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 16 queries.