Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Can someone tell me  (Read 8915 times)

Masane

• View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2015, 11:05:34 PM »

He was heading for me, My attack replaced my spot and was headed straight for him. He said he went straight. THat would put him in the path of the attack. How can you dodge an attack that was heading straight at you when you ran straight into it....?

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 11:07:47 PM »

He meant to hit me, I moved and send the Magatama in his path which he committed to. Right into the attack

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2015, 11:11:55 PM »

(18h13m) <||||> Bakudan Sennin Masane |As he crouched she entered the 2nd gate. Rejuvenating her body as well as further more boosting her physical stats. The arms of her Susano'o formed as he dashed towared her. Her Senjustu enhanced Sharingan was able to detect his actions but ( c
(18h11m) <||||> Bakudan Sennin Masane his speed was almost too much. Luckily being the the 2nd gate made her just fast enough to react by side stepping to her right while the left arm of her Susie would fire a ring of Magatama. With his speed it would be unlikely ( c )
(18h8m) <||||> Bakudan Sennin Masane He could evade this and if her Magatama hit, he would be sent to her Kamui realm. Having just barely producing a counter she began to wonder what the hell this man was. Her Senjutsu enhanced attack would increase the speed of her ( c )
(18h8m) <||||> Bakudan Sennin Masane attack and the absorption time of her Kamui.|
(18h5m) <||||> Supernova Becquerel zipped past her and as he missed his punch, a burst of energy fired from the ports on his back, sending him rocketing forward and out of the path of her attack. He was going so fast, he slammed into one of the rocky outcrops, the force of his -
(18h2m) <||||> Supernova Becquerel - collision causing the rock face to crumble. He was surprised to see that she was able to react to her speed, but that's the power of the sharingan. He smiled slightly, as he was able to learn quite a lot during this battle. Once again, he -
(18h) <||||> Supernova Becquerel - rocketed towards her before changing direction midair and rocketing off to her right. The gravitational force caused by this sudden stop and change in direction would have been enough to kill a normal person. Another soft boom and he came at -
(17h58m) <||||> Supernova Becquerel - her diagonally with a clothesline strike aimed at her lower right side.

He clearly stated dashing forward. I threw it at him from where I was standing, where he was headed and he did not change course.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2015, 11:12:06 PM »

You MOVED TO THE SIDE. He is not longer going straight at you. Instead he is at your side. And then used boost to keeping going straight which is no longer straight at you since you moved.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2015, 11:17:24 PM »

He said he dashed straight forward. I threw the attack as I side stepped placing my attack in his path which he committed to. He never said anything about moving to the side. He said he dashed forward to avoid it but it was moving to him as he was moving to me. HE was coming at me, As I moved I sent the attack at him Straight at him not from an angle. He dashed forward into the attack as it was moving from where I was standing.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 11:23:10 PM »

He said he dashed straight forward. I threw the attack as I side stepped placing my attack in his path which he committed to. He never said anything about moving to the side. He said he dashed forward to avoid it but it was moving to him as he was moving to me. HE was coming at me, As I moved I sent the attack at him Straight at him not from an angle. He dashed forward into the attack as it was moving from where I was standing.

So because he said his direction was straight on still you're going to consider that not dodging even though he also said " out of the path of her attack." You cannot pick what you want of his post and claim that to be what you want to happen.

If I aimed a rasengan at Bocc while he was coming at me and shot it in his path and he said he went stright head-on, but also stated to have dodged it then I'd ask him to specify. Not auto-win. Those are two contradictory things and you can not pick which one you want to hold as true.

He stated to have dodged, but also went head on into your attack. Obviously he's thinking that your attack is directed in a different angle since you moved.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:24:23 PM by Shadowxx »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 11:25:45 PM »

(18h13m) <||||> Bakudan Sennin Masane |As he crouched she entered the 2nd gate. Rejuvenating her body as well as further more boosting her physical stats. The arms of her Susano'o formed as he dashed towared her. Her Senjustu enhanced Sharingan was able to detect his actions but ( c
(18h11m) <||||> Bakudan Sennin Masane his speed was almost too much. Luckily being the the 2nd gate made her just fast enough to react by side stepping to her right while the left arm of her Susie would fire a ring of Magatama. With his speed it would be unlikely ( c )
(18h8m) <||||> Bakudan Sennin Masane He could evade this and if her Magatama hit, he would be sent to her Kamui realm. Having just barely producing a counter she began to wonder what the hell this man was. Her Senjutsu enhanced attack would increase the speed of her ( c )
(18h8m) <||||> Bakudan Sennin Masane attack and the absorption time of her Kamui.|
(18h5m) <||||> Supernova Becquerel zipped past her and as he missed his punch, a burst of energy fired from the ports on his back, sending him rocketing forward and out of the path of her attack. He was going so fast, he slammed into one of the rocky outcrops, the force of his -
(18h2m) <||||> Supernova Becquerel - collision causing the rock face to crumble. He was surprised to see that she was able to react to her speed, but that's the power of the sharingan. He smiled slightly, as he was able to learn quite a lot during this battle. Once again, he -
(18h) <||||> Supernova Becquerel - rocketed towards her before changing direction midair and rocketing off to her right. The gravitational force caused by this sudden stop and change in direction would have been enough to kill a normal person. Another soft boom and he came at -
(17h58m) <||||> Supernova Becquerel - her diagonally with a clothesline strike aimed at her lower right side.

He clearly stated dashing forward. I threw it at him from where I was standing, where he was headed and he did not change course.

Here's my Input on this, The thing that seems to me to be causing the problem is that she did not state the general direction of her thrown Magatama, but it can be assumed by common sense that she threw it directly at him, Her bodily movement was described as a side step, not a dash or a jump to the side, so her body would have moved just far enough for his attack to miss, while her Magatama would move to intercept him. in his next post he stated that he moved forward to dodge the attack, but the attack was aimed to intercept him. Now I could see where this would work, But he explained that the speed of his boosters was immense. Now at this point we can bring up that he does not have chakra and subsequently no Doujutsu. In the description of the Passing Fang, I believe it states that it is difficult to change direction due to the fact that you're moving at such a speed that you can't keep up with yourself basically, So my point here is that A.) At the speed he stated to be traveling, i'm not sure he would even be aware of the attack as he ran into it? Or pass it or whatever? But not only that, the attack could follow him to where he hit the wall, where he would still be absorbed.

That's just my look on it, I can't say if it's right or wrong, Just wanna see if I possess any 'moderator' ability lol.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 12:07:01 AM »

Person in question, here. Just stating my side of it. Basically, I figured just barely avoided my attack by sidestepping, which would have put me beside her if she just barely dodged it. I figured by going forward, I'd zip right past her attack. But, because she contacted me via PM that her attack should have hit me, I just decided 'whatever, fine, it hits me' because I got tired of fighting her. Almost every post ended up being a debate via PM. I don't have the time nor patience for that.
I can understand sending a pm for quick clarification, but not a debate every time. Zone fighting should be quick, spur-of-the-moment fun. Not bogged down with CSPAN sessions. It takes the fun out of it that way. I don't care if she counts it as a win/draw/whatever. It's just a game and the point of games are to have fun. Unless you're playing Super Meat Boy or I Want to be The Guy lol
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 12:10:17 AM »

Its not about the effin win! Its about you saying Im a god mod when you ran right in to me attack The attack was between us instead of hitting me, you would have hit my attack as I threw it RIGHT at you. You even dashed forward into it. If you would have moved to the side to evade you would be right but you went head long into it

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 12:15:07 AM »

But I don't care about it anymore. Fine, you hit me. Done? Is everyone happy and can we stop talking about it now? Fun ceased to occur, the fight is over, everyone can move on with life. I don't want to debate it anymore because honestly, I think it's stupid we have to be having a conversation like this about a game.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 12:18:07 AM »

I agree with a lot of stuff you say but you cant call god mod when you get hit especially when you ran into the attack. That is all I'm saying. I wish that it would never come to stuff like this but it always will.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 01:55:19 AM »

>_>' Glad we can all be friends, right?

Seriously though pestering your zone partner, because things aren't going towards your plan is not good zoning etiquette. Also, regarding the post; You can have a problem with someone's post and question it. But it becomes a problem when you dictate what is the outcome, based off your actions alone.

Basically put no one is going to stand still, or 'run into' an attack. Unless you are suicidal, chances are you are going to stay away from harm. Thats like saying even if you run away, I will still get you; Which is God Mod.

I like to explain things in examples.....so:
Acad A constructs a condensed orb of chakra, as he awaits for B to approach him.
Acad B charges at A while he forms the orb.
Acad A finishes the orb and charges it with katon chakra, he took a step back and fires the orb at the incoming B
Acad B continues straight after A, tapping chakra into his ankle bracelets; giving him a boost of speed, allowing him to dodge the flaming ball. He charged at A with his fist cocked back.

(Now this is where the debate or w.e. started; Though it wasn't specified how exactly he dodge, the zoner posted that his actions let him dodge the ball. This is where Acad A quickly turns around and claims that he simply charges into the ball no matter what. Thats where it is wrong, because the zoner actually typed the words out; "Dodging the Flaming Ball", that means exactly what it was meant to, no hidden words. OOCly you may ask the zoner how exactly did he dodge the ball, and from such he could explain that the surge of chakra would alter his speed as well as intended path; meaning he out ran the incoming projectile from hitting him. Thats possible. For Zoner A to ignore such and claim that the fireball still hurt zoner b....well thats god mod. Then again if zoner B was not in control of his actions, like restrained or in the middle of dodging or evading then, yes his mistakes would force the attack to auto-hit the next turn; due to improperly defending. THAT WAS NOT THE CASE.)
Acad A watches as Acad B slipped past his orb and closed their distance. Immediately he crouched and sprung back up, delivering an upper cut in time with B's punch toward him; hoping to connect, just before the punch could be delivered.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 02:22:31 AM »

I failed to add more detail and it seems common sense is nonexistent here. So here: Dude was dashing at me, I moved to the right while throwing the magatama. The magatama would have been in his path as it replaced me as I moved. He moved straight forward to dodge an attack that was moving straight froward at him.  And with how fast he was going it would be unlikely that he could have moved to avoid it. Now....tell me how one dodges a frontal attack by dashing into it? How can you evade an attack that is heading straight in your path by dashing forward into the attacks path? Why is this so hard to understand?

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 02:49:26 AM »

Ughhh.....I don't have any qualifications to make you change your mind or make the other person change their mind. Plus thats too much work for it to be done for free. Either way, I have no idea what a magatama is, not going to look it up either. If your attack was the same size as 12 adult elephants and your opponent continued straight into it, yes I think he would certainly run into it. But if someone just smacked a baseball right at you, and you wish to tackle them for such a reckless act you can still go straight. Just juke out the ball with a spin move, or tilt your body to the side, or duck your head, or dive, or jump or whatever; you can still go straight.

There is no logic in SL, never has been. There is one person's logic vc another person's logic and they usually compete against one another, for legitimacy. Anyways you even admitted you failed to add more detail, so why focus so much on trying to make the failed attempt a success, than to plan and focus a better maneuver? SL zoning shouldn't be determined by whoever has more time to spend arguing over nonsense.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 02:57:20 AM »

That's why I said it's stupid to discuss this. I don't care. I got tired of dealing with whatever she did so I told her to just post that it hit me so the damn thing could end. Only person who cares and is making a fuss is her. I've decided to never RP with her again. Problem solved.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.