Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

Since polls are easier to count votes.

Strip Isaribi
Don't strip him

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Stripping Shark man of his bijuu (Isobu the Sanbi) Isaribi  (Read 22274 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Stripping Shark man of his bijuu (Isobu the Sanbi) Isaribi
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2015, 02:24:54 AM »

Guys, let's both keep this civil and on topic. First of all, I have been dealing with my own tailed beast issues, so until this thing blew up after I woke up from my nap, I haven't had a chance to look over this.

Second of all, the matter of stripping for inactivity is at this point subjective. The hosts actually going out and doing their turns in public has been laxly controlled for some time now (I at least have not been stalking the new jinchs to see if they have been keeping up) and even if it were strictly enforced, as stated, the character of Isa is not permitted to just up and leave the village whenever.

Granted, he can still post in the village board, and as much as that makes him feel awkward, it is an option. Kiri purposely handicapping one of their own jinchurikii when they know that he needs to post in relative public in order to be considered active by watchdogs (who get sniffy only when called in from what I've observed) is part of the reason Isa is in this mess. Biju fights take place in challenge format, not all out RP brawls like they used to.

There is no reason for Kiri to confine the host, especially since they feel he is safe enough to stay in the village relatively alone while there is still an organization out there that, IC-wise, is capable of trying to snatch him up while everyone is gone. This is what I have gathered from what sides of the story have been presented.

It was never edited into the official rules page, like many other alterations to the biju rules that have taken place in the past three or so months, that challengers cannot deny challenges. That whole thing with Bocc and Dart and Masane should have been more than enough coverage for Isa to have picked up on that as far as I'm concerned.

Seniority is part of the reason there is a clash of interests here. Having been here as long as you have, you should pretty much know how it works by now, and whether you decide to put any voice or effort into the forums regularly is your business, whether it be pure time constraints or preference.

Stripping Isa of the tailed beast and then having the very village helped handicap him in the first place decide where it goes next is, in my opinion, absurd. Are you going to smack the donkey for being guided to the cliff, and grant the rider a chance to drive another donkey to the same cliff, only for both to fall?

I am not saying it's not Isa's fault, but Kiri is not exactly scot free in this either based on Isa's defense.

As an added bit because of the new replies, the challenge list, I believe, is supposed to be inherited by the new host. I don't recall there being any thread to the contrary about that.

*Dat grammar
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:34:43 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2015, 02:28:17 AM »

Like Ichi said: Why is this even being discussed? He violated the rules and should be stripped. I'm beginning to agree with Eric on having the beast removed. It is only causing issues. People dont follow the rules and threads like this get made getting us no where.  Follow the dang rules and strip it from him

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2015, 02:28:29 AM »

I definitely agree with MadaShadow on this. Especially considering there was no pre-warning to the activity from what i've been told. I don't think that giving an Rp at this point should solve the problem, if the rules have already been busted up in the past (once again, multiple times from what I have been told) then he shouldn't have it anymore. It's just what comes with being a host. I believe there was even a spell between my last fight with him and this new challenge where he was out for an overage of days.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2015, 02:33:40 AM »

Isa's computer died. But he says he will accept their challenges under the stipulation that they are actual IC hunts with real IC consequences.

I.e. if you die in the match, you die in the SL RP world. And you have to actually work on getting the knowledge he is the jinchūriki of Isobu. And you have to RP acquiring the information, you cannot just "claim" to knkw because it's listed elsewhere.

Also, @Eric, he prefers the IC hunt than a challenge brawl with his preferences so, technically, being "confined" to home is "safer" for him.

Either way, the message has been sent and the issue resolved. As soon as his computer gets a charge, he'll make a public posting.

So: Ichirou and Masane get their challenges. Shādow gets his activity.
Topic finished. Lock, please?

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2015, 02:36:12 AM »

AHAHA! That is exactly what I said you guys were gonna do, wait until shit hits the fan and try to weasel out of it by offering some sort of outing that benefits yourselves.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2015, 02:37:14 AM »

Isa's computer died. But he says he will accept their challenges under the stipulation that they are actual IC hunts with real IC consequences.

I.e. if you die in the match, you die in the SL RP world. And you have to actually work on getting the knowledge he is the jinchūriki of Isobu. And you have to RP acquiring the information, you cannot just "claim" to knkw because it's listed elsewhere.

Also, @Eric, he prefers the IC hunt than a challenge brawl with his preferences so, technically, being "confined" to home is "safer" for him.

Either way, the message has been sent and the issue resolved. As soon as his computer gets a charge, he'll make a public posting.

No, no lock. He broke the rules if the yes outweighs the no he will be stripped by community vote. He had enough chances where others have only had one.

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2015, 02:39:03 AM »

Not really. The host is supposed to give the challenger the opportunity for a 1v1 (or a 2v2, whatever the specss on his challenge page specify). A all-out village brawl is not standard challenge procedure under any circumstances.

2] ºDetermine the Nature of the Challengeº
The host and the challenger, and ONLY the host and challenger, determine the nature of the challenge. BOTH decide if the match will be an IC Challenge or an OOC Challenge. This means that if an IC Challenge is chosen, the challenger has to RP learning the host’s identity and location and maneuvers him into a Match. This does not mean that the RP is used as a means for the Host to forever avoid having to face his challenger. The host must make it possible for the challenger to complete the terms of the RP event. This is not the battle part. You are going to face off with each other. You are just being creative about it.
If the OOC Challenge is chosen, then no RP concerning the challenge is performed. The details are agreed upon and the Match takes place.

As I stated, there are no huge IC village brawls under this challenge system, unless the host specifically allows something like 4v4 and the challenger agrees to it. Even then, keeping Isa in Kiri and sending out all of his most capable supporters is, dare I say it, stupid, even if all of his supporters could rush back at the speed of hiraishin, if the policy is to keep him safe in the confines of the village and its forces.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2015, 02:39:35 AM »

Also double posting.

Remember the last time someone wanted to go for a bijuu in Kiri? I do. It was a disaster worse than this. You guys make it impossible to get bijuu from you. I say do it on here at least under strict regulation instead of having another out of hand rp happen.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:40:30 AM by Madara (Shadow) »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2015, 02:47:05 AM »

Not really. The host is supposed to give the challenger the opportunity for a 1v1 (or a 2v2, whatever the specss on his challenge page specify). A all-out village brawl is not standard challenge procedure under any circumstances.

The host and the challenger, and ONLY the host and challenger, determine the nature of the challenge. BOTH decide if the match will be an IC Challenge or an OOC Challenge. This means that if an IC Challenge is chosen, the challenger has to RP learning the host’s identity and location and maneuvers him into a Match.
This does not mean that the RP is used as a means for the Host to forever avoid having to face his challenger. The host must make it possible for the challenger to complete the terms of the RP event. This is not the battle part. You are going to face off with each other. You are just being creative about it.
If the OOC Challenge is chosen, then no RP concerning the challenge is performed. The details are agreed upon and the Match takes place.

As I stated, there are no huge IC village brawls under this challenge system, unless the host specifically allows something like 4v4 and the challenger agrees to it. Even then, keeping Isa in Kiri and sending out all of his most capable supporters is, dare I say it, stupid, even if all of his supporters could rush back at the speed of hiraishin, if the policy is to keep him safe in the confines of the village and its forces.

You answered yourself there, mate. The highlighted portion is what he is asking to be done for his challengers.

No, Kiri will not engage in the fight should be be sufficiently called out.

Also double posting.

Remember the last time someone wanted to go for a bijuu in Kiri? I do. It was a disaster worse than this. You guys make it impossible to get bijuu from you. I say do it on here at least under strict regulation instead of having another out of hand rp happen.

This was one of the reasons it got resorted back to "challenge system". I remember clearly.

The forums, also, are used as a discussion tool. It is NOT an absolute to have a fight here.

I will agree that it is, indeed, easier to use as there's no time-outs and can type longer.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2015, 02:48:36 AM »

Of course it's not a rule to post here. Just a billion times more convenient.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2015, 02:50:53 AM »

I have not read this thread at all, but my vote stands for stripping. Isa does not involve himself in the game enough to be a host in my eyes. I have not seen him defend the beast when I know he has had challengers. Now we have a thread about him denying a challenger because he apparently god mods. Now, I just finished a fight with Ichi and while he may have made some mistakes, he is not really a god mod anymore. And if he is, you can talk with him about it. Most of the time he will fix any mistakes. Now, the one post I have seen is complaining about how Kiri is difficult to work with when it comes to bijuu and I agree 10000%.

Solve the problems and strip the biju from them already. Or do I need to post my screenshot of him being inactive for 20 days for valid proof he is to be stripped for breaking rules?
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2015, 02:55:01 AM »

The host and the challenger, and ONLY the host and challenger, determine the nature of the challenge. BOTH decide if the match will be an IC Challenge or an OOC Challenge. This means that if an IC Challenge is chosen, the challenger has to RP learning the host’s identity and location and maneuvers him into a Match.
This does not mean that the RP is used as a means for the Host to forever avoid having to face his challenger. The host must make it possible for the challenger to complete the terms of the RP event. This is not the battle part. You are going to face off with each other. You are just being creative about it.

You answered yourself there, mate. The highlighted portion is what he is asking to be done for his challengers.

Also double posting.

This was one of the reasons it got resorted back to "challenge system". I remember clearly.

The forums, also, are used as a discussion tool. It is NOT an absolute to have a fight here.

I will agree that it is, indeed, easier to use as there's no time-outs and can type longer.

Read the rest of it, highlighted in yellow:

The host and the challenger, and ONLY the host and challenger, determine the nature of the challenge. BOTH decide if the match will be an IC Challenge or an OOC Challenge. This means that if an IC Challenge is chosen, the challenger has to RP learning the host’s identity and location and maneuvers him into a Match. This does not mean that the RP is used as a means for the Host to forever avoid having to face his challenger. The host must make it possible for the challenger to complete the terms of the RP event.This is not the battle part. You are going to face off with each other. You are just being creative about it.

I am fine with them having to find out he is a jinch, but it has to be possible to find out that he is a jinch. He cannot hide in Kiri's "biju cloaking device" barrier or whatever indefinitely in order to avoid doing any challenges. The terms of the RP must be doable, and based on the fact that there is so much hell raised, it is questionable whether that is the case or not. I do not know for a fact what Kiri has in place, but as the rules clearly state, Isa cannot use the RP as a way to forever dodge challenges.

Hence, it would make no sense for Isa to be left completely on his own for any extended amount of time (which any large RP in Suna is going to take) because he has to allow himself to be "detected" and "known"; that would make the leadership of Kiri just as responsible for this mess if they have been truly forcing it on his character. That would mean stripping him of it and giving it to you all is almost just as bad as letting him keep it without consequences.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2015, 03:00:01 AM »

Of course it's not a rule to post here. Just a billion times more convenient.

And I agree 100%!

But, even as my friend, we all know Isa can be a bit stubborn at times. Haha.

And also to address the other topics that he was unaware of, him being busy at school is why he never read them. Hell, he didn't reply to my messages half the time.

But, I am slowly getting caught up to speed here. So, just a little patience here and a little understanding, peeps.

We are all only human and all this bombardment crap against each other is doing nothing but destroying ourselves.

I have not read this thread at all, but my vote stands for stripping. Isa does not involve himself in the game enough to be a host in my eyes. I have not seen him defend the beast when I know he has had challengers. Now we have a thread about him denying a challenger because he apparently god mods. Now, I just finished a fight with Ichi and while he may have made some mistakes, he is not really a god mod anymore. And if he is, you can talk with him about it. Most of the time he will fix any mistakes. Now, the one post I have seen is complaining about how Kiri is difficult to work with when it comes to bijuu and I agree 10000%.

Solve the problems and strip the biju from them already. Or do I need to post my screenshot of him being inactive for 20 days for valid proof he is to be stripped for breaking rules?

Yea, when it comes to topics of importance as this: YOU NEED TO ACTUALLY READ IT.

You'll learn when your character comes under fire.

Also double posting.

Read the rest of it, highlighted in yellow:

The host and the challenger, and ONLY the host and challenger, determine the nature of the challenge. BOTH decide if the match will be an IC Challenge or an OOC Challenge. This means that if an IC Challenge is chosen, the challenger has to RP learning the host’s identity and location and maneuvers him into a Match. This does not mean that the RP is used as a means for the Host to forever avoid having to face his challenger. The host must make it possible for the challenger to complete the terms of the RP event.This is not the battle part. You are going to face off with each other. You are just being creative about it.

I am fine with them having to find out he is a jinch, but it has to be possible to find out that he is a jinch. He cannot hide in Kiri's "biju cloaking device" barrier or whatever indefinitely in order to avoid doing any challenges. The terms of the RP must be doable, and based on the fact that there is so much hell raised, it is questionable whether that is the case or not. I do not know for a fact what Kiri has in place, but as the rules clearly state, Isa cannot use the RP as a way to forever dodge challenges.

Hence, it would make no sense for Isa to be left completely on his own for any extended amount of time (which any large RP in Suna is going to take) because he has to allow himself to be "detected" and "known"; that would make the leadership of Kiri just as responsible for this mess if they have been truly forcing it on his character. That would mean stripping him of it and giving it to you all is almost just as bad as letting him keep it without consequences.

And I will, personally, ensure that the RP is doable for people to achieve the knowledge.

Kiri has no bs barriers up besides a sensing one and an enemy anti-Jikūkan barrier.

It's quite accessible for people to learn. I counter with the same Suna event. Plenty of Kiri nin there to ask. Also, you know village kages and other jinchūriki *should* have the knowledge of it.

Just make the knowledge obtaining legit.

Hell, Ichirou just waltzed in the first time and got his challenge. And he went through the RP route then, too. I remember that clearly, too.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2015, 03:01:39 AM »

Just for clarification, My character already knows Isaribi owns the Isobu via rp I conducted in Kirigakure before our first fight, initially Isaribi was supposed to train me, and I spent time in Kiri waiting for him to get done speaking with Trev in his hospital room, where I affiliated myself with his chakra signature and Isobu's. The rp dragged on for forever like it always does and I ended up leaving Kiri,

but with this vote for the strip, it doesn't really matter.

And far as Malice, I hold none against Isaribi or Dart or anyone else for that matter, this is just a game and my personal feelings don't get into it that far. But I am adamant on "If we have to follow the rules, you gotta follow the rules." lol.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2015, 03:04:23 AM »

And far as Malice, I hold none against Isaribi or Dart or anyone else for that matter, this is just a game and my personal feelings don't get into it that far. But I am adamant on "If we have to follow the rules, you gotta follow the rules." lol.

Something I wish everyone would do. Which is why I have that line of text in my signature.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.