Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Yet another Biju question!  (Read 5341 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Yet another Biju question!
« on: January 30, 2015, 05:15:12 AM »

I want to get this clarified not just for myself, but for anyone else who runs into a complication such as this
I've heard three different methods for mastering tails as a host
1. 30/20 day method, removing days per stacks in Rinne/shar/ and wood I think
2. Seven days per tail
and 3. Fourteen days pertail.

So the question is which of these is going to be finalized as the actual method used,

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Yet another Biju question!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 05:25:26 AM »

I've only heard of the first one, which is what I've been using for years.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 05:28:22 AM »

Ironically i've been told that you use the 7 days method
and i've heard you use the 14 day method

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 05:32:21 AM »

Ironically i've been told that you use the 7 days method
and i've heard you use the 14 day method

Traditionally I would be the best source to go to for information regarding what I do.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 05:33:12 AM »

It's not like I asked how you did it, it's just what I was told lol but you're right either way.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 09:09:16 AM »

More so than just waiting without RP to automatically master your beast, Kay?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 04:18:24 PM »

I noticed that you did not have RP as any of the options at all. Well, while I do not recall precisely how many days I waited till I got my first tail, RPing the acquisition of tails was an option that was faster than 14 days per tail and certainly 7 days per tail (especially if you had another jinch to help you, or simply subdued the beast IC as I eventually ended up doing).

There may need to be a  rule defining this, considering how much tailed beasts have shifted hands recently and the need to master/re-master tails is high again.

*P.S/ Additions

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,6970.60.html This, massive thread, had alot of biju discussion in it. I was mildly surprised to see myself largely not present for a chunk of it.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7196.15.html

This is a much shorter discussion that is specifically about the time it takes for hosts to master their beasts. 2 weeks came up, 1 month came up, RP came up as well.

But that larger thread I linked brings back memories. About a time I wasn't nearly as active/present on the forum as I am now.  :smt101 Things haven't changed significantly it seems.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:24:12 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 05:00:22 PM »

As of now, I use the one tail every two week rule. Back when I was originally the Six Tails Jinchuuriki, several years ago, that was the basic method that everyone was using. And I thought it was still the same one to this day.

I never heard of One Tails every Seven Days. But I heard of the KG stacking thing which, I thought, was voided over a year ago when I was the Eight Tails host on Hazama because I attempted to use it and got scolded and was told to use the one tail every two weeks rule.

As for what Eric mentions, about RPing to get your tails, I also took part in that, as well, when I was the Eight Tails Jinck. I also thought we scrapped that method because, technically, the person could do a page or two long RP every day for however many tails they have and BAM! Right after getting the Bijuu they now are a master! Especially if you get help from another Jinck, that is basically an automatic tail right there.

I've been tossed around so much with the rules I've gotten sea-sick. I think RP should be implemented into getting the tails, seeing as anyone can just sit around and claim them, but I think there should be stipulations and rules set on it. Or, hell, maybe even a choice between sitting around and waiting or RPing it out because, well, why not?
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2015, 05:19:26 PM »

Just make it the rule that for every tail they want to master they have to beat me in a zone fight.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2015, 05:27:35 PM »

I have no interest in any of the tailed beasts, but just reading this and all the other topics about them makes me think that all the rules in place have made everything just so stupid. The point of RPing is that you're supposed to have fun. When you have all these rules bogging you down and telling you what you can and can not do, doesn't that make things a bit less fun for all of you guys?
I don't even understand why anyone would want to have a tailed beast in this game because it seems to make everything a nightmare politically and does nothing really besides give you bragging rights.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2015, 05:33:58 PM »

I have no interest in any of the tailed beasts, but just reading this and all the other topics about them makes me think that all the rules in place have made everything just so stupid. The point of RPing is that you're supposed to have fun. When you have all these rules bogging you down and telling you what you can and can not do, doesn't that make things a bit less fun for all of you guys?
I don't even understand why anyone would want to have a tailed beast in this game because it seems to make everything a nightmare politically and does nothing really besides give you bragging rights.

I and others would rather just, you know, get rid of the tailed beasts altogether (had I not already been engaged with Masane when the mass call was made I wouldn't even be biju fighting right now as acknowledgement of that) and call it a day. It's hardly even prestigious at this point. The most prestige you get is "I beat so-and-so". Most of the characters on SL don't even benefit from the added power of the tailed beast. Myself and a few others are exceptions, but even I only use so much of the beast's power because I haven't really had time to work steam release into

A) my RP

B) My battle style

The tailed beasts have been giving headaches for a long time now. They're the gift that keeps on giving even after you are no long saddled with them.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2015, 05:45:05 PM »

I and others would rather just, you know, get rid of the tailed beasts altogether (had I not already been engaged with Masane when the mass call was made I wouldn't even be biju fighting right now as acknowledgement of that) and call it a day. It's hardly even prestigious at this point. The most prestige you get is "I beat so-and-so". Most of the characters on SL don't even benefit from the added power of the tailed beast. Myself and a few others are exceptions, but even I only use so much of the beast's power because I haven't really had time to work steam release into

A) my RP

B) My battle style

The tailed beasts have been giving headaches for a long time now. They're the gift that keeps on giving even after you are no long saddled with them.

You're right about people not needing them. When everyone's base standard of power is Naruto/Sasuke/Madara at the end of the manga, it seems like tailed beasts are completely unnecessary. Granted, the manga did get a bit silly as far as how powerful the characters got towards the end. Remember when this manga was about ninja?
And if your beast gets taken from you, you die. So where's the fun in that?
And prestige in a game like this just tends to push people away. I feel it's more fun to involve yourself in the RP going on around you. Not just be fixed on your own RP that you're doing to make your character one step closer to Superman.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 06:05:38 PM »

A) my RP

B) My battle style

...And if your beast gets taken from you, you die...

If it's an IC match, then yes. If it's an OOC match no, you don't necessarily die if you lose your beast.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 09:41:31 PM »

I've seen people do a month per tail, which is what I think I did for the Yonbi and Reibi (Not to master a tail, just to be friendly with it, since it has no tails, but that's beside the point.) I also think Manji did that with the Nibi.

I've never heard of seven days, so yeah I've seen two weeks, a month, or rp. Nothing definitive.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 11:51:23 PM »

A) my RP

B) My battle style

You're right about people not needing them. When everyone's base standard of power is Naruto/Sasuke/Madara at the end of the manga, it seems like tailed beasts are completely unnecessary. Granted, the manga did get a bit silly as far as how powerful the characters got towards the end. Remember when this manga was about ninja?
And if your beast gets taken from you, you die. So where's the fun in that?
And prestige in a game like this just tends to push people away. I feel it's more fun to involve yourself in the RP going on around you. Not just be fixed on your own RP that you're doing to make your character one step closer to Superman.

I really hate to be that guy, not really, but as a hosts need an answer to this question and you're stating things that have been, and can be, stated on another topic. This is to get a solid rule down and all that great stuff. So, as much as I like hearing you repeat things you have on other topics, please help us get to a conclusion >>
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 16 queries.