Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Ignore, if you think I'm crazy.  (Read 2465 times)

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Ignore, if you think I'm crazy.
« on: February 02, 2015, 05:03:31 AM »

From just over viewing topics, I feel the anger between many of these posts; and they're just words. >>; Not here to tell you guys to 'chill out' or whatever, since that never works at all. But why not use this energy you use; to slander, disrespect one another in what seems to be legitimate 'arguments' and put that towards something positive. For Role Play sake. I'm not saying its excessive, but its just really not needed. Wasted time and energy over really nonsensical stuff, this is imaginary.....fairy tale land, made up from our creative minds put together. Lets not try to ruin that.

ANYWAYS reason I made this topic was to propose a more, Forum based power towards RP. Instead of the forums housing; ridiculous arguments, bijuu craziness and dry population; why not introduce a separate form of RP. Here me out before you go and say, oh this is just gonna have conflicting worlds and yadda yadda. Using the forums would help keep it regulated, better than the chaos that SL rp already is. No this isn't a dictatorship where you aren't allowed this and that, but should be made fair.

I personally liked Bocch's idea for gathering all the biju and sending them to the moon and like a whole new world type of aspect. So this forum based RP would be kinda like a fresh start. But then again its not! If you'd like to keep your character. The reason I'm implying this, is due to many faults I see within the RP system set up. Ninja claiming technique that could be discovered or taught by anyone, apparently bijuu are like some sorta trading card that gets transferred left and right so many times people don't know whos the host, Having 5 elemental abilities without even having the rinnegan, the list is endless with what I've seen.

So forget the old! You really wanna be that powerful ninja you think you are? Well with the forums you'd have to actually prove it through RP. Instead of posts deleting over time with SL, the forum posts and topics will stay; leaving archived proof of what has happened, and is happening! Also it would allow all those interested to view the topic. So there is validity to what was done and not done, leaving no implications. We could set......I don't want to call it rules, but regulations to manage some of the insane claims(Like I dunno maybe restricting so many uchihas from randomly spawning everywhere). Before I even get into that I would like to see some feedback. A way to bring order to the chaos in a sense. Of course, I could just be insane and RP within SL is perfectly fine. And all these arguments are worth it. Its okay I've already accepted I'm crazy, your loss. >>;

Also, I mean no disrespect towards SL RP, because I love it; always have. It is it's own interesting community, I just don't approve of some ongoing that seem habitual. Maybe change is needed, who knows?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Ignore, if you think I'm crazy.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 05:08:41 AM »

If only some people from SL had gone on to make a forum site with just such viable, fair rp. If only...

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 06:46:45 AM »

If only some people from SL had gone on to make a forum site with just such viable, fair rp. If only...

Well, it has been attempted several times actually. To my knowledge, one of the most successful was actually SLS (Shinobilegends Society).

...Ninja claiming technique that could be discovered or taught by anyone, apparently bijuu are like some sorta trading card that gets transferred left and right so many times people don't know whos the host, Having 5 elemental abilities without even having the rinnegan, the list is endless with what I've seen.

So forget the old!

Clipping this a a bit for convenience, but SL RP is supposedly all about freedoms. Making regulations in the first place apparently caused the big problems. Making a central universe apparently caused big issues once certain things became "official" or "illegitimate".

A friend with weed is a friend indeed when it comes to this kind of stuff. In order to fix any of the major stuff on SL, folks would have to come to some sort of consensus, which if that were easy, it would have been done already en masse. Either everyone is ruled by the system or no one is.

I would not mind trying again, actually using the SL forum for this instead of an off-site, off-brand forum.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 07:17:14 AM »

The hardest part about telling people to chill out, is that they're human. Though sending the Tailed Beasts to the moon can result in one of these two things happening:

- Massive power creep from others to make up for the unavailability of the Tailed Beasts
- Someone awakens the Tenseigan and literally drags the moon down so they could have all nine

Now that I think about it, both are probably bound to happen. But this brings up the whole "kage level" issue again. Either people are going to be claiming to be so with little to no representation, or they'll have no worries when someone of actual SL kage level asks them for a friendly spar.

Just go at things with a yellow light. If you want better RP, then we'll need better RPers. If you want better RPers, then you'll have to educate people on how to RP. SL has quite a decent population already, but not everyone really wants to stick to ninja RP, and would rather go a bit out there with fantasy. Some a lot more than others.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 07:31:28 AM »

I did not read all this but I will say this Forum style rp was never meant to be had at SL. That is why it failed in the past and probably always will.

I rped at forums for years. I enjoyed the rules and being forced to have a character that had only a hand full of jutsu and a chakra capacity. A place were rp skill was more promoted then OP characters.

However, I also always enjoyed the freedom of SL. And sense I am still here at SL and left forum rp some time ago the freedom was better.

In short don't try to tie SL into forum rp.

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 07:36:30 AM »

A friend with weed is a friend indeed when it comes to this kind of stuff. In order to fix any of the major stuff on SL, folks would have to come to some sort of consensus, which if that were easy, it would have been done already en masse. Either everyone is ruled by the system or no one is.

I would not mind trying again, actually using the SL forum for this instead of an off-site, off-brand forum.
Whatchu implying on the first part. >>; You've got a friend in me.

I'm down for a relaunch on the forums. And its not about setting up rules its just about maintaining a general acceptance over things. This is why more people should log in to the forums to get a say. If its actually put in place, a group participation into making 'rules' (I hate saying that word) that we all generally agree upon, then whats to stop it from being fun?

To drift away from rules are bad bla bla bla, its to make it so that there is like an actual plot going on. We could control armies of NPC to carry out grunt work as well as dish out the ongoings of city life. OOCly we can create plots that involve different mission scenarios; all civil! If you wanna try and be the toughest of them all, then do so IC. But bewary that you wouldn't be able to just show your face in a village, without them wanting you under restraints or dead. This makes being a villain super monster something you have to earn. Instead of just granted to you with a bunch of lousy time spent jamming hot keys. Or buying accounts or just claiming whatever. You can still do all the jazz, but through the means of RP. This way its documented also to the public that your character earned the right to Human path the life outta you, no arguments about that. Maybe even stop this endless chakra BS. I'm an Uzumaki for a reason bruh! >:O Well not that but still. >>;

In short don't try to tie SL into forum rp.
If you don't like it, you're free to RP in SL no ones stopping you. I'm saying to integrate this on the forum basis. Seperate from whats going on. We could use the character profile section to distinguish your character on the forum vs SL.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:39:57 AM by Keito Uzumaki »

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 08:11:41 AM »

I'd like to state my opinion on this whole scenario.
Well, it has been attempted several times actually. To my knowledge, one of the most successful was actually SLS (Shinobilegends Society).

...Ninja claiming technique that could be discovered or taught by anyone, apparently bijuu are like some sorta trading card that gets transferred left and right so many times people don't know whos the host, Having 5 elemental abilities without even having the rinnegan, the list is endless with what I've seen.
If I remember right, the SLS kind of formed when this whole bijuu stuff started out and people were trying to make things 'official' within SL. Basically, what it meant was that unless you made an account on SLS and had your character 'validated' by the people who were 'in charge of' RP, your character basically was voided out in RP. This is partially the reason why I left in the first place because things ended up being asinine as the people in charge made their characters into Gods basically, you couldn't deviate from the Naruto source, and you couldn't make your characters as strong as the people in charge.
Basically what ended up happening was there was a select few people that basically were allowed to get away with literal god-modding because 'they were that strong'. And basically, any RP that you've done prior to that point would have to be voided out if they didn't like the feel of it.
Now I won't be excluding myself from this because Teo (when I RP'd) was pretty strong. I could use basically three natures of chakra, plus I had my Stand from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. But compared to some of the stuff (that I still see going on today), Teo's a toddler. Even though I have reborns, I never considered them part of my character because I had Teo already set in mind as to what I wanted him to be.  So I just played the game like that and basically went the reclusive scientist type.

Sorry to get off on tangent, but I'm basically wanted to say that making forums based on the RP in SL could be done. But you're probably going to alienate a lot of people and it'll eventually boil down to a handful of power-hungry people circle-jerking all day long. Of course, SL is already kind of like that, but it's a larger group of power-hungry people circle-jerking around (just look at who frequents the forums and actually complains about all these things).

If you're going to bring NPCs into the SL game, then you have to be active about it. Also, no one want to fight this guy ----> http://s30.postimg.org/b55fbxdxt/madara.png
Be fair with your characters. I've been around since the beginning and I've seen plenty of people come and go. Back when there were only four jutsu to pick from, people seemed to be less powerful (even though people were bringing in DBZ stuff, FMA stuff, and a whole bunch of other universes stuff into the game. And don't let us forget the twilight uprising of 2008). And most of all, enjoy the game you're playing. If you keep voiding stuff, you'll eventually alienate yourself from everyone or vice-versa and the game won't be fun anymore. All the politics and drama sucked the fun right out for me when I left. This should be a game where more than just a handful of people play together and everyone knows who brought the Gameshark so they just stay away from that guy.
Sorry if I rambled a bit. Tired and had a few drinks. Hopefully you guys can make sense of it.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 08:33:27 AM »

Good points all around.
If I remember right, the SLS kind of formed when this whole bijuu stuff started out and people were trying to make things 'official' within SL. Basically, what it meant was that unless you made an account on SLS and had your character 'validated' by the people who were 'in charge of' RP, your character basically was voided out in RP. This is partially the reason why I left in the first place because things ended up being asinine as the people in charge made their characters into Gods basically, you couldn't deviate from the Naruto source, and you couldn't make your characters as strong as the people in charge.
Basically what ended up happening was there was a select few people that basically were allowed to get away with literal god-modding because 'they were that strong'. And basically, any RP that you've done prior to that point would have to be voided out if they didn't like the feel of it.
Now I won't be excluding myself from this because Teo (when I RP'd) was pretty strong. I could use basically three natures of chakra, plus I had my Stand from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. But compared to some of the stuff (that I still see going on today), Teo's a toddler. Even though I have reborns, I never considered them part of my character because I had Teo already set in mind as to what I wanted him to be.  So I just played the game like that and basically went the reclusive scientist type.

Sorry to get off on tangent, but I'm basically wanted to say that making forums based on the RP in SL could be done. But you're probably going to alienate a lot of people and it'll eventually boil down to a handful of power-hungry people circle-jerking all day long. Of course, SL is already kind of like that, but it's a larger group of power-hungry people circle-jerking around (just look at who frequents the forums and actually complains about all these things).

If you're going to bring NPCs into the SL game, then you have to be active about it. Also, no one want to fight this guy ----> http://s30.postimg.org/b55fbxdxt/madara.png
Be fair with your characters.

Well not everyone but many people enjoy feeling godly in some sense. I'm not trying to promote that, but in kinda make it so that you could still try and become one, but it ain't going to be a walk in the park. Meaning if you wanna be the bad guy you gotta play the role all parts. As for the NPC no way should they be a Madara. Many kage or village defenders already role play with NPCs as defence, but further more utilize them for combat, while the Keyboard Warriors are the ones doing missions, protecting the village, and making a name for themselves; while the NPCs  do the offscreen work so to say. This could open up an endless list of rp scenarios. And maybe the missions board could actually start having applicants. Of course I'm trying to have fun here guys! That is always the goal.

I would love it if all our characters, went into a time machine; putting us into the years of our child hood. Allowing you to be the character you love and go out to reclaim what you had, or start a fresh alternate life. Not trying to make it a prison, just a fair chance for everyone. Every village could control its relics and custom attributes. And people have to stop being such clan hoppers! Clan is Family you don't betray family! >:O Yeah I'm talking about all you Uzu/Uchiha/Kaguya/Nara/Akimichi/Yamanaka/whatever freaks. I believe these clans have these abnormal human abilities because they interbred and well when you do that......special things happen! Just to tryna create an influx of RP here and there. >>;

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.