Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Fight Club?  (Read 9031 times)

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Fight Club?
« on: March 21, 2015, 07:48:06 PM »

Given that the forum isn't as widely populated as the website, this is out here to those who do visit the forums. What are your guys' thoughts on a potential 'fight club'. I possibly know it was already asked or organized before, but why not reinstate it. Hear me out when I propose this.

As ninja, one of our common duties is to fight. As humans whom control these ninja, one of our common duties is to not let our character die prematurely. Although, we all love glorified battles which lead into someones triumphant victory and the others inevitable death. And I'm talking about some high powered action fight, not just your little spar. Maybe we're going about this all wrong. Instead of someone going, yo I dun like your pixel face, fight me IC bruh. Which would mostly end into an OOC argument of whats legitimate and what not and whats god mod and what isn't, ruining the whole scenario.

So why not have a 'realm' within SL, associated with restricting the limits of life and death, reality and fiction. Almost like a simulator for our characters. They may enter this world as themselves, without the deathly restraints that come from 'losing'. It can indeed be done with highly experienced users working together to manufacture such fighting experience.

I see this as an upgrade to the normal zone fights that go on today. Let alone we could make this a big deal, incorporating judges, spectators, prizes and all other stuff. This is essentially away to get people practicing and fighting, without the worry of their characters dying. And its all for the fun of the game; specifically to avoid the OOC heated battles that go on with disputes of the like. That way if you were rulled by a judge that your actions were not plausible to defend, your character still gets a chance of retribution in the next fight; without having to completely kill him off and part ways.

I dunno, this is just an idea. Would be fun to have something like this, opposed to the IC RP we conduct today. Allowing people to mess up and learn from their mistakes. (Sorry I'm in a rather boring RP, waiting forever for replies. That really shouldn't be the case >>;)

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Fight Club?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 01:11:02 AM »

It kinda sounds like you are suggesting OOC fights while retaining all of the knowledge IC. I mean I’m all up for fight club, but that’s just what it sounds like.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 02:07:28 AM »

Basically.
Although integrate it with out current day RP. Meaning there can be a new arena opening up wherever; those interested go out to search for it and find out what its about. There can be like some sort of seal placed onto each battler and in the moment that they die, they will become rejuvenated or whatever. Its all fictional anyways, make it up. Either way, it would allow for players to have organized fights with one another in a tourney based method, continually. It doesn't have to be scheduled as any contender can challenge any of their liking. A judge can be set, along with a prize selection.

My idea for a prize selection is this; the 'great nations' donate tiers of techniques available to be taught. Which would allow more people to legitimately gain techniques and abilities and what not. Essentially making this like a fight to be the best! Where the higher ups can donate their set of knowledge to those, eager to fight to the top. This is really an idea really.

Doesn't have to do with just village/clan/allegiances open to everyone and anyone. Although would have to pertain to the standard zoning standards already set. Opening up a more friendlier competition than what goes on today. :P

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 05:11:44 AM »

Well, we COULD use the main zone or Jisiegakure as home base for this event. And then from there, the regular and advanced zones could be used as necessary.

I like the idea of a fight club. Even if we're not supposed to talk about fight club, I can imagine this gaining popularity if the incentives and the rewards are just right. And not just material stuff either. The judges and the general guidelines for battle will likely determine success or failure in this regard.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 06:09:51 AM »

Obviously this would be the planning stages, which is why we speak of fight club. ITs supposed to be for those who love battle! Not sure where exactly the meeting place is but it could be in the center of it all, a big giant arena of some sorts. With appointed judges and certain restrictions in order to refrain from one sided battles. Could do scenarios where you only have a certain set of techniques to use before the fight is over, or a turn based (timed) match, so on so fourth. Although OOCly try and get as many people in volved, it can still hold its secrecy.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 06:16:05 AM »

Let me just say that you have all massively violated our first rule...

You are no longer "in."

Carry on.

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 06:38:55 AM »

Can no longer be apart of the madness  :wallbash:

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2015, 01:17:36 PM »

On many occasions I have discussed something like this with the people I usually associate myself with and they normally like the idea, unfortunately we were too lazy to do anything about it.

Some of the ideas we have spit balled for fights are things like No KG's, only one element, Taijutsu only battles, cinematic experiences, and things along those lines. 

I personally like cinematic because most battles seem overly bland with people just standing one either end of a zone and throwing lasers at one another. It's a chance to make a battle that you would actually see in the show, with plot development, shock and awe, and no one F***ing retro posts when dialogue is delivered.

But really in the long run, any of these options could work. I think we could leave it up to the two people fighting what they want to do. If they wanna make a weird ass match that involves a sock and a pair of roller blades it's up to them.

Another thing we could add is actual prestige within villages. We can have people who become famous in the IC world because they are badasses in the zones. It gives a chance for people to put their names out their in an arena type setting instead of trying to rely on village RP. Not everyone is as comfortable with basic village RP compared to zone fighting so it would be nice for people like that to actually have a way to get their name out there without risking an attack on a village or something. 

-Jeffrey dahmer

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 04:04:13 PM »

Yes! Thats exactly what I wish for this! Creativity in zone fights instead of the usual; my sharingan lets me block everything and I'm gonna hurl some high power moves at you, don't move. We could have zones were there are outside forces instead of the challengers in combat as well; making them have to fend both an opponent and the creatures of the zone. The list is endless with what we can do since it wouldn't directly affect your character.

That way if you wanna prove your fighting capabilities to all, you may in a less hostile environment. Slander in any form won't be tolerated, instead you'd get bonus points for motivating and giving the defeated party tips to further help them out. Yes this is a test to see who the baddest of them all is, in a way. Although, shouldn't boost morale into thinking you are better than everyone. Unless you really do go undefeated. >__>'

Either way its a way for us to actually articulate intense battle scenes as we please. There can be the contenders, judges(whom normally over view for final decision or in case of dispute), and a GM to narrate and dictate the actions not preformed by the contenders. And spectators of the like, making bets or whatever.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 04:46:10 PM »

Alright, so the general guidelines are rather loose. How will judges and GM's be determined?

Again, I propose we use the main zone or Jisiegakure to host the event, or even both. Jisie could be used for the non-combat stuff, like horse (err, ninja) betting, wares, and casual conversation, while the main zone can be used for the staging ground of the arena battle. Fights that take place outside the arena can then expand out into the zones at will.

Basically.
Although integrate it with out current day RP. Meaning there can be a new arena opening up wherever; those interested go out to search for it and find out what its about. There can be like some sort of seal placed onto each battler and in the moment that they die, they will become rejuvenated or whatever. Its all fictional anyways, make it up. Either way, it would allow for players to have organized fights with one another in a tourney based method, continually. It doesn't have to be scheduled as any contender can challenge any of their liking. A judge can be set, along with a prize selection.

My idea for a prize selection is this; the 'great nations' donate tiers of techniques available to be taught. Which would allow more people to legitimately gain techniques and abilities and what not. Essentially making this like a fight to be the best! Where the higher ups can donate their set of knowledge to those, eager to fight to the top. This is really an idea really.

Doesn't have to do with just village/clan/allegiances open to everyone and anyone. Although would have to pertain to the standard zoning standards already set. Opening up a more friendlier competition than what goes on today. :P

Well, just stealing ideas for a moment here, but we could have a healing circle and a respawn (borderlands style) circle for post-fight. The only thing that the respawn thing would require would be registration, so that you can be accurately respawned with all the stuff you went in with (minus breakable stuff I guess like weapons and certain armors).
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 06:55:52 PM »

Oi taking ideas from other places is great, if we can integrate them naruto-wise! I like that idea, have the Main Zone be the Arena essentially where the battles and magical effects take place. Jisegakure, can house the other stuff associated with such in a way to attract everyone from each nation to join in and partake in its festivities. Some NPC's should be set up to act as the staff to organize this madness. As for GMs, Judges. those can be volunteered. Essentially I would like to make a group regulations once everyone is on board with the idea in the first place.

Not like a tournament where its a one time things my idea for this is to make this continuous, allowing those to participate in the arena as well as their villages or whatever else, respectively. As well as make it an area where the NPC's favor control over everyone, preventing anyone with immense power from just ruining it all.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 11:04:51 PM »

I agree that the ninja central can be the non combat board while the main zone can be the fighting area. A betting system would be epic, because that would give me a reason to finish the fights I start xD

Gm’s can be decided by the two fighters, kinda how the Biju matches go. Rules can also be set by the competitors if they like, but we could also have preset rules for certain match types such as 1 v 1, 2 v 2 so on and so forth.

Then villages can use this for tournaments as well should they feel the need to have them IC or otherwise. If it’s a hologram or whatever we decide to do with it, then the consequences are lessened exponentially so more people would be willing to jump in.

I am literally 100% behind the idea of making this a thing…

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 01:16:04 AM »

... If it’s a hologram or whatever we decide to do with it, then the consequences are lessened exponentially so more people would be willing to jump in.

I am literally 100% behind the idea of making this a thing…

I think for something like this a more consistent set of GM's and/or judges may be necessary than "choose out of the random hat that is your SL circle of people you know". I'm not saying have a set council or anything, but a list of people who want to be judges might would narrow down the options somewhat.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 02:00:01 AM »

I don't mind being a judge for these kinds of things. I think I'm pretty neutral about the whole fight thing, because I don't have favorites. Plus, since I'm not involved in RPing as of now, I have no incentive for that either.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 06:20:01 AM »

Holly shit yes!!!!! 

Where the hell is Kay? Get your ass in this thread now!!!!

Literally this I how it use to be at SL people. This is how fighting was done. You went to the zones dukes it out and if you lost you didn't die. Even if you were to se had your head cut off by some miricales you lived without exploration and rped resetting in the gardens for a week or so to recover before storming off to the zones again.

I have been trying to preach an idea of this sort for awhile now.

I actually ran a small fight club In The zones years ago. But I sound anyone will remember. It was were people entered and put up dp. The do was all placed in a pot and the winner got 3/4 of the pot. Leaving 1/4 for me to pocket. It was business.

I like the ideas behind this though. Holding the actual place of these thing in nin central which is a mutual place and we can't really figh at. Leaves it to where all fightin is done in the zones. Actually using te zones to well zone. Simply rp can be done in the city (nin central) like gathering for the matches, trash talking, scouting others out, resetting between matches, ect.

Perhaps even a new thing can be added there like an areana of sorts where these matches can be held which allows only the people fighting and the judge to post there at the time of the match. Spectators can post in the city. This cuts down on spamming fights.

Prizes will always come. But it could be a sense of pride as well. People use to enter such things just to get their rep up. Zone records anyone? Truly they are a thing of the past if you ask me.

Rules can be set for each contest. There are literally a million things you can do: taijutsu only as I read, 1vs1 matches, 2vs2, battle royal, round Robbin, double elimination, set chakra scale, total jutsu count, kenjutsu contest for our sword users, ect.

If we can do this I'd probably retire from ring a Shinobi to devote my time to it. Become a judge and event planner. Set up shop in nin central to run things. And of course enter the contest. I have long wanted SL to return to the days of old in at least some speculation. I'm so game for this.

Also we could make it so you could to in this place while in other places as well. Free people from rp lock. It makes no sense to be against this idea really.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.