Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Fight Club?  (Read 8944 times)

Shinro

• Your withering eyes will be remembered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fight Club?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 09:23:24 AM »

Haven't I suggested this before...? "People take long to post because they're trying to figure out loopholes that might cause their deaths blah-blah-blah. Fear of IC death is why standards suck now blah-blah-blah. In-game resets should not be acknowledged to claim rp powers, and people should have the option to choose between ic or oc outcomes at the start of a spar blah-blah-blah. 'Care to spar?' was how one approached because there was no ic death. I killed or decapitated numerous of shinobi in my time, but never did their characters completely die. They returned to challenge me again, and brought new ideas as they learned through their mistakes, making them better rpers. Standards were high, and so we didn't need any rp 'rules' to restrict our imaginations. As long as you knew what was God-modding or OP, we didn't care if your species was human, vampire, wolf, or demon."

It's about time someone tries something like this. May this increase standards and bring back shinobi like Shigeo out of the sewers.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 09:35:06 AM by Shinro »
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
En un mundo loco, sólo los locos están cuerdos.
Dans un monde fou, seuls les fous sont sains d'esprit.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 02:22:22 PM »

At first, I was like...what's the point? Then I saw "No KG's, only one element, Taijutsu only battles, cinematic experiences, and things along those lines..." and got intrigued.

If we can have 'specially ruled' fights, that would be interesting.
Make it OC and can't take any knowledge of the fighters into IC.
Have it timed to avoid long dragged out matches and still make it fun.
And perhaps add a short re-cap of the fight to present to the audiences.

Maybe we can add another 'level' to the Fighting Zone, titled Fight Club
- one stage for the fights
- another for commentary/recap (it would be best to later transfer the fight recaps to the Konoha Library for future storage)

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 02:34:06 PM »

Yes! Let the masses rise! I essentially wanted to bring some old fun things back. Although, seriously this battle arena could actually bring some activity back into the fighting aspect of SL.

Of course, my whole idea is to walk away from the normal 'combat' that goes on into the zones and add challenges, fun challenges.
Like some already mentioned, 'timed' matches. Its hard to tell time in a text based game. My thought is we can have turn based matches, where both opponents have an x amount of turns before the fight is declared over. The judge watching the match, determines who is the victor in the degree of what their attacks actually did and how well they preformed them against the opponent. Then there can be elimination brackets and so on so forth! I want this to be like a never-ending madness of fighting! Where in the end, the loser and winner don't take it to the forums to discuss non-sense. Rather, they shake hands and say 'Good Match!' and then return to the Shinobi World with such experience and knowledge of what to do from their mistakes.

I wouldn't mind any help working to actually get this in motion. As well as maybe some volunteer judges, although I feel the judges really need validation that they won't side with someone just cause they know them, or hate the other person. As well as some GM's to help narrate the NPC's that will come along with the arena, as well as maybe scenarios that occur in the battle zones themselves. Also contestants themselves!

Village leaders can send in their ninja to fight in honor of their village and rack up 'reputation points' for which village has the most 'badass' nin. This can stir up friendly competition and other things of the like. Since this would be in ninja central, everyone would have to agree in passing through some sort of barrier, that would prevent any sly movements with such a large crowd. Meaning the true battles must be won in the arena, to truly show your might. Honestly, I want this to be something everyone can benefit from.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 07:58:18 PM »

Sorry If I say anything that was already said, I'm in a hurry but I wanted to post in this topic,

I really like this idea because I think we need something to promote more ninja rp on the site, its starting to seem harder and harder to find actual naruto rp lol

I also think that we could do more than 1 v 1 arena fights too, we could go back to gladiator days! 2 v 2s, 3 v 3s, 1 v 2s, all that good jazz! And with proper Gms for the fights we wouldn't have to worry about stuff clashing as badly.

We could also do it on the forum to prevent message lost. Or just do what I do in important rps on SL and copy/paste it all to a notepad.

I also want to say that I'd be willing to be a fight club Gm or mod or whatever for the fights, since I imagine that we'd need plenty of them

and I think the idea of special rules matches is awesome, Like Taijutsu only and Kenjutsu only, no Kgs and all that, good idea >>;

This is all a good idea

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 08:15:53 PM »

So, do we have volunteers for contestants? I myself would not mind being one of the first guinea pigs for this experiment.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 09:44:46 PM »

I'm down to be a contender

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 01:42:45 AM »

I'm do in to contend. As a matter of fact to wise I have decided to retre and move to nin central to make a loving in the battle areana.

I don see why we can't two this into bein legit rp. I mean SL use to function this way. Is it really gonna hurt anything? You can't die. No fighting allowed in nin central itself.

It can be a flashback to those needed. It doesn't hurt.

I say we start the first one off right. Limit our skills greatly.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 01:57:43 AM »

I'm down to contend. I mean c'mon, someone needs to show you scrubs how to actually fight xD
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 02:02:28 AM »

I'm down to contend. I mean c'mon, someone needs to show you scrubs how to actually fight xD

Eric who is this guy calling us scrubs? I say we do tag team matches. One Kg allowed, two elements max. Eric and me on a team.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2015, 02:32:42 AM »

I'm all for team matches <3

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 05:07:37 AM »

Seeing as most accept this idea. I will be proposing the Fight Club very soon. Expect mysterious men placing flyers all over your villages and what not. Gonna ask some people if they want the GM/Judge role just to get that base started with. And then soon, I'll start accounting for all the challengers. Still in the works so don't expect anything immediate! Although, don't worry I won't take as long as most do to reply. >__>'

I want this to be IC RP. As ninja central be its home town, the zones are where the arena battles would be. We can host private zones with only the contenders for 1 on 1 matches, when multiple people are involved we can just used the regular ones. The arena can change terrains, given the map chosen. Making all the zone areas available as an option; or the normal flat field. I'm imagining some weapons we can include for the challengers liking, possibly a heart gauge meter applied via a seal that would activate regenerative powers once someone's life meter dies out. This would prevent them from essentially dying, and maybe set up some sorta hospital to heal those whom lost. As well, I want to construct some sort of barrier around the entire area, restraining everyone's usage of chakra and absorbing attacks if anyone finds a loop hole. Then, once you enter the arena all restraints are let go as you are expected to battle at full potential.

To avoid unfair fights, most challengers would be match accordingly to what the judges believe is fair for one another. If not, contenders are free to challenge whomever they please. It would only really be a loss of honor to decline, since you are free to do as you please. Also I am coming up with some potential worthy prizes, aside from maybe the DP betting that could go on? xD

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2015, 12:10:15 PM »

Seeing as most accept this idea. I will be proposing the Fight Club very soon. Expect mysterious men placing flyers all over your villages and what not. Gonna ask some people if they want the GM/Judge role just to get that base started with. And then soon, I'll start accounting for all the challengers. Still in the works so don't expect anything immediate! Although, don't worry I won't take as long as most do to reply. >__>'

I want this to be IC RP. As ninja central be its home town, the zones are where the arena battles would be. We can host private zones with only the contenders for 1 on 1 matches, when multiple people are involved we can just used the regular ones. The arena can change terrains, given the map chosen. Making all the zone areas available as an option; or the normal flat field. I'm imagining some weapons we can include for the challengers liking, possibly a heart gauge meter applied via a seal that would activate regenerative powers once someone's life meter dies out. This would prevent them from essentially dying, and maybe set up some sorta hospital to heal those whom lost. As well, I want to construct some sort of barrier around the entire area, restraining everyone's usage of chakra and absorbing attacks if anyone finds a loop hole. Then, once you enter the arena all restraints are let go as you are expected to battle at full potential.

To avoid unfair fights, most challengers would be match accordingly to what the judges believe is fair for one another. If not, contenders are free to challenge whomever they please. It would only really be a loss of honor to decline, since you are free to do as you please. Also I am coming up with some potential worthy prizes, aside from maybe the DP betting that could go on? xD

1. I do not see the point in making this IC RP. If you 'die' in the Fight Club, you die IC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but regeneration does not work if you're dead. And it's a Fight Club, there's no mission, no adventure, no plot.

2. I do not see why you keep mentioning Ninja Central as its home town. All the fighting zones are linked among villages/places.

3. I think a Feature Request should be put in for a Fight Club with a description and all. It would be nice to have it as a shop, separate from the Fighting Zone and to be placed in all the major villages.

4. In regards to unfair matches, you may ask the fighter to give himself a 'limiter', such as one less KG/ability. However, they are some RPers who know how to limit themselves in a fight to avoid being viewed as OP anyway.

In response to an earlier post, timed matches are better than turn matches because a turn match can last for weeks if the fighters make a post once a day. -_-
Turn matches may be more appropriate for matches involving more than 2 people, but then the number of turns short (what's the average amt of turns it takes to conclude a team match? 7?). Personally, I have not see a team match go through start to finish. Usually someone goes MIA.

I think it's best for the contenders who apply, to also submit a zoning schedule that they commit to. Not a schedule of when you're free, but when you can definitely have time to zone.

We should introduce the idea of inviting special guests to be judges as well. I do not think there should be any emphasis on Win-Lose records, so perhaps each judge can give 1 Pro & Con of the fighters and leave a comment on the fight overall. This way, the fighters can leave with something (depending on what Judges may say) to be improved upon.

Maybe once popularity increases, we can introduce 4-man tournaments. Let's face it, large tournaments never seem to reach the finals. There's many ideas that can used in a 4 man tourney.
- 4 'top' players fight to be #1 (top players to be decided by the community/voting)
- There are five 4-man tourneys, representing the 5 major villages. So a village picks 4 of its members to fight to be a representative in what will turn out to be either a 5-man tourney or a 5 man royale (one representing its village).

- Physical Description of the Fight Club (Exterior & Interior)
Idea: One big arena that transforms the stage into any terrain (chose by random/choice?).
- # of fighters and their schedule | maybe a brief bio to be introduction in the fight (a few sentences)
- Judges (Regular & Special)
- List of possible fights (regular, team, specially ruled) & their Rulings
- Commentators (Maybe?) | perhaps they can be in charge of writing a brief recap of the fight.
- Overall Fighting Regulations (?) | perhaps 'RP test' for new/inactive fighters (like myself xD) to see if they are fit to fight. We can't have new fighters going against experienced veterans.
- Maybe provide a signature of sort to respective fighters as proof (?) 'Participant of Fight Club'
- Keep track of fighters who are active/inactive.
- Let's aim to have a fight every few days.

The foundation is important so we, as a community, should make sure everything is ironclad if we really want this to happen. I do not wish to see any bickering within the fights either. >.>

I think Kayenta would make a great commentator. She has a gift for writing.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2015, 12:31:55 PM »

Eric who is this guy calling us scrubs? I say we do tag team matches. One Kg allowed, two elements max. Eric and me on a team.

If you count sage mode as "KG", Ying releases and wind release for elements, then I would hardly be giving up anything in such a scenario. While I do not consider myself a scrub, I know that it has been awhile since I've seriously zoned with an opponent very much on my level in both skill and power in part because my character prefers having an advantage in a fight. :P

I think 1v1 would be good to start. We can work out team matches later on once we know what we're doing with 1v1.

1. I do not see the point in making this IC RP. If you 'die' in the Fight Club, you die IC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but regeneration does not work if you're dead. And it's a Fight Club, there's no mission, no adventure, no plot...

I think you missed the part of the discussion where you don't permanently die after the conclusion of fight club. In case you did:

... If it’s a hologram or whatever we decide to do with it, then the consequences are lessened exponentially so more people would be willing to jump in.

I am literally 100% behind the idea of making this a thing…

I think for something like this a more consistent set of GM's and/or judges may be necessary than "choose out of the random hat that is your SL circle of people you know". I'm not saying have a set council or anything, but a list of people who want to be judges might would narrow down the options somewhat.

I am all down for submitting a zoning schedule, since it would only make sense to have people fight who can actually fight, so their schedules should line up pretty decently. Jisiegakure hosting this tournament gives that village a chance to have a little bit of love, since as of late it is kind of neglected.

I think we should save commenters for after we get the judges set. They are largely extraneous, and could be the judges themselves for that particular fight, since the judge would need to be up to date with the fighting anyways.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2015, 01:33:47 PM »

...once again, I do not see the point in making it IC.
So far, everyone who voted for this to be IC has provided with weird (and perhaps unrealistic) explanations to avoid IC death. Holograms? Really? >.>

Let's be honest, no good has been brought about in IC fighting, so why bother implementing it?
Everything is simple if we make it OC.

And I am not fond with the idea of people taking knowledge from the Fight Club with them IC. I think the Fight Club should be separate from everything else.

Keito Uzumaki

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2015, 02:48:16 PM »

Well I want this to be more than some place where you just go and fight. I'm all about RP, so I feel it would be nice to have this IC, where as, there are special circumstances that inevitably forbids you from dying. Once you join this fight club. Again It isn't meant for anyone, simply those who wish to show their might to the shinobi world. That way, those who wish to participate can literally travel to this 'safe haven' of a place, only to enter the brawlers arena and prove their might!

I mean seriously, we have the power to make up whatever we want. The series has shown countless times; 'The dead, don't stay dead for long' so why can't we apply this towards a fighting simulator. Essentially making it like an OOC fight where it really doesn't 'count' and how about we apply some sort of memory draining seal; to prevent those pesky warriors who wish to retain information about their challenger for future, non-fight club actions. This is a world of fantasy, we can create it how we choose.

I indeed want commentators, and everything else associated. Although, I would possibly enjoy the thought of appointing permanent NPC's to fill some of those roles; where as, us players can fill the roles of contenders/judges/gms of the like.

My reasoning to make this 'IC' is so that we may incorporate everyone and everything who wishes to become apart of it; as well as, increasing RP between villages. As whichever combatant(s) that hold high glory over the arena, also hold high glory for their village. Making this like a pride and honor sort of event as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 16 queries.