Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Technology Progression  (Read 5707 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Technology Progression
« on: May 23, 2015, 03:10:13 AM »

So with the series continuing on a bit with the gaiden and Boruto's movie, do you guys believe we should start incorporating some technological advancements that they have made in the manga into the series?

Rusaku

• View Profile
Re: Technology Progression
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 03:44:49 AM »

I honestly don't see why not. As long as we continue to avoid guns, I am fine with people claiming the newest macbook pro so they can surf ninjabook. 
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 04:37:59 AM »

We already have rockets and shit.

Just, as said, no guns. :P
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 06:13:39 AM »

I already have rp'd watching SL Netflix, so I'm way ahead of the curve. If you guy's wanna hit up Genesis, call 867-5309...that's right, I'm claiming Jenny's number.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 09:47:10 AM »

Kumogakure has earpieces for communication, like walkie talkies or those bluetooth thingies.   
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 11:14:11 PM »

I'm one of the more technological characters out there. And even if you guys decide to stay in the dark age, I'm not going to change my character lol But no reason not to get with the times. Just opens up more RP opportunity.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 03:43:09 AM »

Its not all that difficult to involve quite advanced things in RP without going all modern much less sci-fi up in hur though.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 04:10:55 AM »

We'd obviously need to limit some things.

There's game called Fallout. If you haven't heard of it or played it I suggest to do so. (Favorite game)

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Divergence
http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/32284/why-is-the-culture-in-fallout-stuck-in-the-1950s

Anywho while the game has some MAJOR advanced technology their culture is still stuck in the 1950's era. So you'd see Iron Man suits (Called Power Armor) yet you'd also see and hear old music from said era. So I say do something like the game does. Keep the culture where it is yet have some advanced stuff. Which seems to be the way Kishimoto is doing it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 04:11:30 AM by Madara (Shadow) »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Becquerel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 06:11:01 AM »

I've actually produced power suits for another player already. And I probably will make more if anyone wants me to. I'm trying to get an RP started where I do experiments on other players, but no one seems to want to participate lol And I only experiment on the voluntary.
I think it's fun to try RPing as basically an advanced being in this ninja world who can't use any ninja tricks.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 07:30:05 AM »

It's pretty funny that people say things like "No! Ninjas can't have guns!" but it's perfectly fine when you shoot a bone bullet out of your fingertips and describe that it's traveling at the same speed at an actual bullet (usually, they say the caliber). But also, it's more penetrative than a bullet too. Or just swap out bone bullet with *INSERT ELEMENT HERE* bullet and it's the same thing. Hell, I saw someone once in the zones with basically a kunai gatling gun (holy heck, that'd be terrifying. Like a chainsaw shotgun). Or maybe it was doton, I don't remember.

And why do you even need technology? The cities all apparently have giant barriers around them (and people can probably project these barriers too, up to several km) that acts better than sonar and can detect EVERYTHING, even stuff beneath the ground. I mean seriously, when you have stuff like that but gripe over an iPod (an example) you should realize that your priorities are probably in the wrong place.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 08:14:09 AM »

We'd probably have to see what is now confirmed for being new canon technology. Cellphones and computers with networking have been a given. And for custom stuff, we would have to tread pretty carefully.

One of the things that I've been wanting to implement for some of the ninja in my village is power frames. Something exhibited as a fun color spread from Kishimoto. Three advantages that would be exhibited from this is increased strength (though nothing as strong as Sage Mode), carrying of additional weapons and tools, and more defense provided by the plating on the armor itself. It doesn't seem that far-fetched, since my village pumps out metal like nothing.

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-663-page-3.html

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 09:14:40 AM »

We limit technology and everything else that isn't really Naruto. If you want Soul Reapers go on LoB, if you want vampires *insert site here dont want another perma banned account* if you want such-and-such *inset another site* Like I said my opinion is to allow a little of anything from anywhere, but not a lot of it.

I don't want to log on SL one day and see someone claiming to be Iron Man and immune to ninja techniques cause his suit 'absorbs' all chakra cause it's so fancy (you alreadyyyyy knowww) I mean he'd be voided to all hell, but I'd rather not even see it happen.

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 04:34:57 PM »

Shadow, you know that this is probably the most active LotGD site out there. So telling people who want to possibly RP different things to leave this site is not really a viable option. But I believe that a little bit of different stuff should be allowed here, because it can add a lot to the game. The only people preventing stuff like that from happening is people like you who want to prevent other people from expanding their imagination. Hell, I ran into someone who was using Ki from DBZ. You know what I did? I encouraged him to keep rocking on because it was fun for him. And Madara, you know you basically just described someone who uses Rinnegan? If they use one body, they can just use the Ausra path to basically become Iron Man and use Preta path to absorb all chakra. But if you suddenly make a suit that does the same thing (let's say for someone who's been playing for a long time and has maxed out resets just for semantics), you're evil and voided for doing a bad thing. So like I said, pretty much everything that can be done through 'technology' can already be done through various jutsu anyway.

And Kage, I'm worried about what you said. Basically saying that we have to tread carefully about what we do and that we can't do specific things until Kishimoto shows us it's possible is a bit stupid. And you kind of made it sound that once (for example) power frames are canon, your village will be the one to 'claim' the ability to make them and anyone else should be voided. That's probably one of the big problems around here, is the whole claiming thing.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 08:49:42 PM »

So is everyone cool with me turning my Susanoo into a Gundam via Asura Path?
_________________________________________________________________________________

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 09:56:05 PM »

Quite funny to be able to feel the hostility through text alone. We live in 2015 already, flip phones are a thing of the past, dial-up is unheard of and today's media is just utter garbage. Who's to say that SL or even the naruto series isn't catching up with the times. Yet, I feel as if some enjoy going above and beyond far-fetched ideas when it comes to such. The problem with SL isn't the claimed, since its quite easy to get things if you truly want it. The problem is with the keyboard warriors of the game being power hungry. That is mostly why I RP with NPC's and those who I have known for years, since they aren't the type to try and be invincible; something people seem to think is a norm now-a-days.

Last I checked, none of us are Kishimoto and don't have the answers as to how the naruto-world works. Which is why we cannot be certain until Kishimoto displays such. I mean for a long time coming, we had no idea that in order to posses the Rinnegan one must be of Uchiha blood and have the EMS unlocked (Have yet to see someone actually go through such process IC) then successfully implant Senju DNA(not as easy as it seems) to ultimately unlock the Rinnegan. So now I see people wish for ninja to have said similar powers simply by 'creating' a body suit? Might as well just give everyone a tailed beast, all KG and an immunity to everything while we are at it, you know because we are so 'technologically advanced' lol.

Even for a modern world the ninja's way of life is to stick to tradition. Mind me, the whole purpose of creating characters is to be ninja. Or thats what I signed up for. Thats like questioning how spongebob is able to have a campfire, while living underwater. Its the way things work for such a fantasy land. Our fantasy land isn't composed of Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, One Piece, or whatever. ITs naruto, plain and simple. THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN'T INCORPORATE OTHER STYLES AND INFLUENCES FROM OTHER ANIME'S! But its gotta be done with regulation. Theres a lot of questionable things in the naruto realm, but we work with such because that is how it was given to the audience. My belief is that shinobi have the abilities and powers to be better than the technological advances we have in todays world. I mean who needs a nuclear bomb when you have techniques such as Fury or Tailed Beast Bombs. Sometimes you just gotta stop making things advanced and stick with the simplicity of what was given to us.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.