Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Village hosts  (Read 6692 times)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
Village hosts
« on: May 27, 2015, 07:26:50 PM »

Too lazy to look. Is there a rule that covers IC bijuu battles inside a village?

What I mean is, example:

Kamui has the ninetails and is in Konoha.
I want to challenge him for the ninetails.
He has it set to where it has to be IC.
I learn it IC and all that good jazz and travel to the village and hunt him down and make contact.

At this point do challengers have to accept a 1 v 1 or are they free to start a village wide gang-bang?

I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Re: Village hosts
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 07:41:23 PM »

I mean thats what I always thought was to become of IC-hunts. Just look at the series in how the Akatsuki prepared their hunts. Nagato literally had to launch a village-wide assault in order to try and capture Naruto. Sure there can be an instance though, that you manage to spot the Jinch and possibly separate them away from the village entirely(Kamui, Hiraishin, high speed chase, etc.) I was tryna attract Ichi's attention and draw him out in a similar manner, up until it became evident a certain someone was blatantly meta-gamming against me and I lost complete interest. Otherwise, IC-Hunts seem like the better option regarding Biju, since it actually makes Role Play, rather than just a zone fight.

Its not supposed to be that easy to get a jinchuriki by itself, in the first place. xD The OOC/IC 1v1 stipulates that is it so be a 1v1, thus the challenger and host must agree to keep it as such, otherwise its fair game for the village to defend their 'property' as well.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 07:44:48 PM »

I just want it to become official that village wide defenses should not be allowed.

I can give solid examples that:

They take way to damn long;
They cause way too many damn issues;

Points in case are Kiri where Bocc and I and other members of AKA attacked and the battle in Iwa which has taken more a month and it's only in the second round of posts. And they will surely be many issues once the fighting starts by December.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 08:17:22 PM »

I am interested in what the community has to say about this topic.

From a player standpoint - It is waaaay to hard to just walk into a village and attempt to capture a biju. It seems every single village is just walled off from the world with every single defense known to man, and should ANY of those defenses get bypassed they loose their fucking minds. So after you have dealt with the month long arguments, you then get to begin the battle. Now you are going to be forced to interact with all of these people who claim all of the abilities in the world, and if you void any of those abilities, you are basically gonna get voided by the village at large because long story short; Drama.

From a n IC standpoint - It makes more sense that you would have to go to the village to find those people because that's just how difficult it is to get a beast, or at least how it should be. This is kinda why we have the challenge system where you just message a host and ask them to duke it out. Though it seemed like at one point you could just put in there that it's a requirement for an IC hunt only, and then they camp inside of their village >.> And I see that as a little unfair.

Overall I would say camping in your village is a no no, but it wouldn't actually make sense in RP for a person to be standing around the outside of their village with their pecker in hand waiting to get captured.   
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 08:29:36 PM »

Exactly. Story wise in correlation with the show, the village should help defend their bijuu.

On SL I don't think it should. Too much shit gets in the way and makes it go from maybe a 50/50 ratio in a 1 v 1 to a 98/2 ratio that takes over a year if it doesn't get voided.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 08:33:16 PM »

Well we all have creative minds, its not that hard to compose a scenario ICly. I agree with shadow on his point that when involving the village it becomes tedious for the challenger as I have witnessed and experienced(especially with them hiding from me). Camping in your village and OOCly going against any method used to find you shouldn't be acceptable, rather you should leave hints for people(not easy ones) so that they could find you and ultimately teach them why hunting you down was a mistake!

The problem with involving the village is; a post order sequence needs to be set-up, the jinchuriki itself could easily run away as the village just attacks the challenger, a person could hold up the entire event(numerous times), disputes and arguments on legitimacy of techniques,claims,blaa blaa.

But in reality Biju are a delicate subject. They serve tremendous amounts of power and shouldn't be taken lightly with something as simple as a 1v1. As if that proves anything xD Obviously, your character doesn't have to show hostile or ill-intentions when seeking the biju; in order to conceal your true motives to others IC as well as hunt undercover. I'm not saying the challenge attempt is whack and what not, but it really shouldn't be an OOC 1v1 in my eyes. As a role player, I like to see intricate story-lines and what not, wouldn't be too fun to just see two people just fight, I can see that on the forums at any time.

At a certain point, the jinchuriki shouldn't be allowed to sit around and simply hide from their challengers. But the whole point of treating it with such precautionary measures is to keep the beast for the sake of the village! Like Rusaku just stated;
Overall I would say camping in your village is a no no, but it wouldn't actually make sense in RP for a person to be standing around the outside of their village with their pecker in hand waiting to get captured.   

In the end, I say its up to the host really. They can choose if its just gonna be a back alley fight or come to my home time and get me-type of fight. Either way, saying to remove the IC/RP hunt is like saying to just not RP at all. Might as well just fight for everything. >>;

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 12:24:24 AM »

Fairly certain that the host is responsible for making it a 1v1 match if a 1v1 match is in their statement. If they currently have an IC challenge, then the 1v1 match, especially if the location decided is outside of the village (if one is decided) then the host has to leave the village.

In other words, village defenses are likely something to be negotiated parts of the process, but the host has to make it possible for the challenger to actually get that 1v1 match. If the IC match is declared to not be 1v1, then things change a bit, but generally, the challenge system is NOT a village-wide battle.

Both host and challenger should be aware of what the rules for the match are.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 02:31:47 AM »

I want to state my opinion in this matter from the perspective of someone who doesn't really want to get involved in the whole Bijuu thing.

So here's my problem with 'village-wide' events. For the person who initiated it and the people involved, there needs to be a set time limit on the turn rotations. After just finishing the whole thing in Suna, I realized that there was a big problem with consistency of everyone's posts. Sometimes the turn-around would be a week and others it felt like a month for a round to finish.

For people who do not meet the round time-limit, any actions performed on them should be considered a hit. So next time they bother to post, they'll need to post accordingly or drop out of the event. There shouldn't be any exceptions unless there's a very small amount of people participating and the person who's going to be late is communicating with the game master of the event.

But, that's only for instances when everyone from the village jumps onto the attacker. But first they gotta get through the village's defenses...And I know that that's a big issue in this game because everyone's village seems to be more fortified than the Death Star with closed thermal exhaust ports. And with all the heavy hitters in this game trying to defend the village/jinc is like a fleet of Death Stars protecting said earlier Death Star.

So tl;dr, reasonable time-limits need to be placed in village-wide events/defenses. If you miss the time limit then you get hit.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 03:11:49 AM »

I want to state my opinion in this matter from the perspective of someone who doesn't really want to get involved in the whole Bijuu thing.

So here's my problem with 'village-wide' events. For the person who initiated it and the people involved, there needs to be a set time limit on the turn rotations. After just finishing the whole thing in Suna, I realized that there was a big problem with consistency of everyone's posts. Sometimes the turn-around would be a week and others it felt like a month for a round to finish.

For people who do not meet the round time-limit, any actions performed on them should be considered a hit. So next time they bother to post, they'll need to post accordingly or drop out of the event. There shouldn't be any exceptions unless there's a very small amount of people participating and the person who's going to be late is communicating with the game master of the event.

But, that's only for instances when everyone from the village jumps onto the attacker. But first they gotta get through the village's defenses...And I know that that's a big issue in this game because everyone's village seems to be more fortified than the Death Star with closed thermal exhaust ports. And with all the heavy hitters in this game trying to defend the village/jinc is like a fleet of Death Stars protecting said earlier Death Star.

So tl;dr, reasonable time-limits need to be placed in village-wide events/defenses. If you miss the time limit then you get hit.

Time limits are put in place. When someone fails to post while in a fight they get treated on an agreed upon method.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 02:54:47 AM »

Time limits are not standard for village-wide events, even though they do sometimes get initiated. Very rarely is auto-hitting the generally accepted solution/punishment to that particular issue. Normally it's removal from the fight or a simple skipping, though the latter can get tricky depending on what the person was doing.

On topic though, village hard defenses (barriers and such) should not be a hindrance during the actual challenge of the match, and even before then, if the village is truly set up in a way that makes it impossible for the challenger to have their challenged fight with the host, then it is the host failing to comply with the rules in that regard. Now what is "impossible" or even just "unreasonable" I suppose might could use some clarification and may take a case by case analysis, but generally, you should not have to fight an entire village to get your challenge under the challenge system.

In fact, in the challenge system, you should simply have to find out the target is a jinch, find their location, and either bring or be brought to the place of battle. The last one is room where there may be some interlopers, but a village-wide defense of the biju was not intended to be included in that.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 03:43:37 AM »

Well of course grabbing a village's Tailed Beast is gonna be hard. You're essentially provoking the entire village to hunt you down. It's like trying to steal a nuke from a US armory base.

Getting it moving along is another story. But any issues concerning the movement of RP and those within it should be taken up with the village's kage or should be discussed on the forums. In fact, if more people join in the RP, then the time limit for posting should be made less. This way the hunter gets a speedy trial/hunting.

And even then, there are definitely going to be IC consequences for attempting to hunt down and kidnap a village's Jinchuriki. While at the same time, the village suffers some consequences in trying to defend them. That's the entire point of role-playing guys. You're risking your own skin to attain greater power. But then again, risk isn't really something that most people on SL ever consider. Nor even the fact that there are political consequences to having one village's Tailed Beast or Jinchuriki suddenly disappear and have the Tailed Beast sealed in another Jinchuriki in another village. That's a can of worms I'm sure some people don't want to bring up, just so we don't have to go through the complications that follow along with it. But then again, that's a part of role-playing too.

Just take this into consideration though. The harder it is to get a Tailed Beast, the longer you get to keep it and avoid hunters. Though the easier it is to get it, the easier it becomes to lose, and the more plentiful challenge requests and postings you have to keep up with.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 04:13:22 AM »

Well of course grabbing a village's Tailed Beast is gonna be hard. You're essentially provoking the entire village to hunt you down. It's like trying to steal a nuke from a US armory base.

Getting it moving along is another story. But any issues concerning the movement of RP and those within it should be taken up with the village's kage or should be discussed on the forums. In fact, if more people join in the RP, then the time limit for posting should be made less. This way the hunter gets a speedy trial/hunting.

And even then, there are definitely going to be IC consequences for attempting to hunt down and kidnap a village's Jinchuriki. While at the same time, the village suffers some consequences in trying to defend them. That's the entire point of role-playing guys. You're risking your own skin to attain greater power. But then again, risk isn't really something that most people on SL ever consider. Nor even the fact that there are political consequences to having one village's Tailed Beast or Jinchuriki suddenly disappear and have the Tailed Beast sealed in another Jinchuriki in another village. That's a can of worms I'm sure some people don't want to bring up, just so we don't have to go through the complications that follow along with it. But then again, that's a part of role-playing too.

Just take this into consideration though. The harder it is to get a Tailed Beast, the longer you get to keep it and avoid hunters. Though the easier it is to get it, the easier it becomes to lose, and the more plentiful challenge requests and postings you have to keep up with.
I would like to point out that Kage is one of the people we are basically talking about, with the immense defences that almost make attacking the village impossible so it’s not surprising that he would be in favor of village defences taking part.

Lets take a look at Shadow’s gif of the perfect Susanoo...Now, Kage has 8 (Or some other ridiculous number) of those defending his village at all times. All of which are just wandering around on autopilot. How is one person supposed to realistically fight that kind of defence without mounting a full scale invasion with the aid of at least an entire village at his back? I say village because most village boards consist of maybe 4 or 5 active members.

Now, Kage can RP whatever he wants in his village, that's what's beautiful about SL. I on the other hand find that incredibly over powered and quite frankly a little dumb. That’s kinda why I made such a fuss about me losing my chance at the 4 tails, only for it to go camp in Ame again.

(I’m not trying to bash Kage, that is just my opinion. The idea of having that susanoo defence is actually really cool, but game breaking.)

If you are to be a host, or use a beast as a summon, you should be required to at least post outside of your village once every 2 weeks as is the requirement of the Biju rules. I understand IC it does not make a lot of sense for a beast to just magically be gone, but at the same time this is a game. There is a thing called suspension of disbelief that we need to take into account. Not everything is going to make sense, but in order for this game to actually be playable for everyone, then we need to suspend some of our disbelief of what would actually happen IC so things can become available to the general population.

I stand corrected. There are 24 Susanoo and are all sage enhanced.   
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:43:52 AM by Rusaku »
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Teostra

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 07:42:59 AM »

I feel like I can't post anything without offending SOMEONE. But after reading Rusaku's post, I had to check this for myself.

Having been given life, they are able to gather natural energy and keep themselves composed constantly. And due to this, they are thrice as strong as traditional Complete Susanoo (second form). They also inherit and bear the protection of the Amekage's Takama no Hara, making them even more difficult to deal with.
Woah. And for the Takama no Hara.
This item is rather a constant effect embeded into Kage's Susano'o. It grants resistance against any ethereal, spiritual, other-worldly or divine weapons, powers and effects. This also grants a thicker defense against attacks, making Susano'o harder to break through than normal

and
When influenced by Susanoo Sage Mode, the effects and powers are of Takama no Hara are amplified. To be more specific, the defense that this normally provides is doubled.

So lemme get this straight. These Susanoo are normally 3x more powerful than a normal Susanoo. On top of that, they're resistant to any 'special' attacks. When they're using sage mode, they're doubled, so they have a 6x more powerful defense than a normal one. Oh, and there isn't just one of these things. There's 24.

That'd be like fighting 24 Emerald Weapons (for FFVII fans)...All at the same time...Now I thought my statues were a bit OP, but that's just out of this world. It's like when you're playing Age of Empires 2, use the 'how do you turn this on' code to get a team of 24 Cobra cars, and just roll around the kingdom destroying everything. Seriously, why would you even need to do anything at that point? Just put your clones in a line and tell them to move foward, they'll wreck everything in their path. Anyone that even lifts a finger against Amegakure, will just get a PM that reads "GG no re" and that's it.

Of course, I mean this all with no offense to anyone.

And as for the topic goes, I agree with the whole 'more people participating = shorter post times' idea. It'll prevent people from sitting around doing nothing and maybe even forgetting that they were in an RP and promote more playing. But I do think that if they miss their post time and they decide that they're going to stay in even though they missed a round, they should be hit with whatever was going towards them. Unless they were just posting that they were there or something. Not having repercussions for missing out on a post kind of promotes bad form, I think.
Of course, exceptions can be made when necessary. Like if you were going to be hit in the head with a flying kunai and missed the post order because you were having a baby or something. The said kunai flinger could retcon their post after talking to you and determining it was a necessary absence. Meaning you get hit in the side of the head and slice an ear or something instead. I dunno.

Most SL RPers these days - http://postimg.org/image/o2621ldd9/

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 12:51:31 PM »

Now THERE is a reference I thought I'd never hear on this site. I applaud you sir.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 01:11:35 PM »

Ah, AoE 2. I remember using that code and it fits well.

So yeah....Kage why exactly did you choose to have god mod susanoos?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 16 queries.