Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: inactivity grace period.  (Read 2772 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
inactivity grace period.
« on: July 16, 2015, 04:33:01 AM »

Shadow sees an edit was made to the inactivty grace period...in december 2014. he questions when this went from 2 week to the currently posted 1 week.

I know I wouldn't have changed it without community concessions. I cant' find it and have spent the whole evening re-reading the lists. Which frankly is just making me angry...cause they were all pretty dumb and hateful.

So here it is...unless anyone object. I will edit it back to 2 weeks of inactivity and be done with it.

you have 3 days to object.

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Re: inactivity grace period.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 04:39:57 AM »

I think one week sounds better. But im fine with it either way

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 04:42:58 AM »

Some people feel that considering the thought that has to go into making a bijuu post...plus the potential OOC-ness...which should not count as inactivity...because you are in discussion...that two weeks is the reasonable allotted time.

That two weeks is better. And if no discussion can be found then it must be presumed to have been edited in error.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 04:56:39 AM »

Even though I have no interest in the bijuu, I feel that two weeks would be adequate time considering how slow things can get over here. It also allows for life to interrupt SL if necessary (if it's something really important in life like family illness or something, then screw the game. Focus on what's important lol) in the case of work or just regular life. Plus, people who are bijuu in this game should be active members of the game, not people who log on once in a while and try to throw their 'status' around in the brief period that they're here. Plus, it's not that big of a deal if you lose it. You can just try to get it (or a different one) again later lol
I still consider myself a member of this community, and would for people to come to an agreement that's best for the whole community.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 05:01:09 AM »

No one ever made a topic about changing the rules. I feel as if someone just wandered in and changed the rules because they felt like it...hmmm I wonder who that was.

No, two weeks.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 05:05:41 AM »

MY name is the last one on the edit list.
I know I did not do this thing without the agreement of the community. I am not like that. I happen to be FOR the 2 week grace period.

I do however get major cases of the ass and for being insulting you can get a mod to change it now and basically piss off.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 05:06:37 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 05:09:54 AM »

They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 05:50:14 PM »

Topic unlocked.

This ought to clear a few things up.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Tailed_Beasts?diff=next&oldid=43642

Don't go around pointing fingers unless you've done some research. Just know that people make mistakes here and there.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 05:53:34 PM »

It's not only on the wikia though. It's here on the forums.

It's two weeks not one.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 06:12:24 PM »

As you can see, this edit to the wikia made by Bocchiere...occurred prior to the one of the forum...the wikia being October 2014 and the forum being December 2014.

I can accept having made a mistake, but not being accused of being a liar and a cheat. However, it seems I was just updating the forum rather than just being high handed and deciding this thing on my own. At this time and date I can no longer be certain of the details. I felt sure we discussed this issue and that I merely complied with the decision. The only discussion I found before I got disgusted and stopped looking, was about changing the one week grace period concerning the time in which a bijuu must be sealed. It is possible I got the two confused. But you see, on the wikia it was already stated one week for posting in order to commit to a higher degree of rp activity.

I thought that my last edit to the forum thread was to include the red text indicating that the subject of using bijuu as summons was never settled. But who knows what actually occurred now? All I know is that my degree of ethical behavior is a lot higher than people give me credit for. I would not have gone behind people's backs and just changed this thing to suit my wishes, especially since I think the 2 week activity level was fine. SL is not as active as it once was. We used to start and finish bijuu matches in a few days with people staying online to post or making dates to meet for the battle. That is no longer the case.

I have been reconsidering though. Is it really necessary for 2 weeks? Are not bijuu hosts supposed to be committed to RP activity and represent a top notch player in our community? All the other time limits are 1 week. Such a huge decision as who to make a host, surely more of a thought provoking process than one has to make during battle, is one week. Just a thought to consider.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 06:20:26 PM »

From what I could find, this topic was the last where we discussed and amended some changes to the rules.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8058.0.html

I didn't really find anything suggesting that we change the activity requirement when I skimmed through it. So it was most likely a mistake on definition. But if anyone wants to discuss a change to the activity rule, you can always make another topic on it.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 06:52:18 PM »

Topic unlocked.

This ought to clear a few things up.

http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Tailed_Beasts?diff=next&oldid=43642

Don't go around pointing fingers unless you've done some research. Just know that people make mistakes here and there.

Gr8 B8 M8 IR8 8/8
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 07:04:22 PM »

I can see both sides here. Two weeks is a good number, as it allows for life to happen and not be sucked in to the game.

However, the issue arises when a host sits around for 13 days, and only attends to biju matters on day 14, such as being active, responding to challenges, etc.

Having it at one week at least makes sure a host is on a minimum of 4 times a month, rather than 2

Could also meet in the middle at 10 days, but meh.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 07:08:05 PM »

Two weeks, then if some particular host turns out into a repeated issue on that regard like Isaribi then he/she can be discussed separately.

That's basically what you guys do already and it works well enough from looks of it, so I don't see why make such a dramafest over whether to change it or not.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 07:10:32 PM »

Why are we discussing this again? Two weeks is PERFECT. An error was made. Just fix it and move on.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.