Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: So.  (Read 14168 times)

Garō, Ichirou

• View Profile
Re: So.
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2015, 07:43:30 AM »

If I remember right a bit of the Biju's chakra is left behind in every Jinch whenever they are split from the beast, right? That's why Jinchs can track down old beasts better,

That's pretty much the same thing just for non-jinchs, The way I see it is as long as they're not running around using Biju cloaks or Biju dama on people there isn't any harm in it,

I also believe that the beasts shouldn't have to hide in their village. I admit I did it for a bit there when Keito came to the village, but after that I was like 'ehh.' and fought shadow one on one, we left the village together and everything. It's just fair that way, I mean you don't always have to do it like that, but at least don't hide behind tons of everything stopping techniques all the time

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2015, 08:52:09 AM »

... It may take a while, but it is a lot better then doings things OOC.

I completely and utterly disagree with you on this. More in detail later in my post on why.

While my example was extreme, I was pointing something out. It's called interpretation Trev...

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8015.0.html

We could get rid of the biju altogether and solve it once and for all.

But that is too radical. Let's instead come up with some more rules that will indefinitely have interpretation issues and loop us right back to where we started.

We are not back to where we started ,yet but we're getting there.  :-?

... Personally I would void the IC hunt option, biju stuff is already confusing enough with so many arguments of challenges. Why add something complicated like IC hunts that typically involved whole villages arguing, hunters using cheap tactics, cause the jinchs keep their host status top secret. It was suppose to be people do what Kage suggested as a guideline, and leave every two weeks, but that doesn't happen.

It really shouldn't be an issue since you should just make the challenge IC...

Now hold on, these challenges are supposed to be entirely OOC, including the actually challenging part. If RP is at all included in this, then issues of the recent sort are almost bound to arrive...

I recall the Temple RP with Warren and myself being hunted. Anyone who has forgotten or simply was not present can either use the search function or ask someone who was there, but long story short, one of the issues was how the aforementioned hosts were even found in the first place.

OOC fights for the tailed beasts are simpler, less complicated, and usually produce less player on player fighting and bickering. Almost everytime the tailed beast has been involveld in RP it has only brought about more and more issues in RP, leading to issues out of character that would loop back to issues of RP because of the price of letting the wrong issue(s) slide in a serious RP.

OOC fights with an ultimate judge, from my experience, just plain work better. More clear cut, less purple and red tape. Send to the icy bowels of the Shades the hunt RP because a quarter of the time (especially as of late) not even that portion of the challenge has been completed due to conflicting RP issues.

I have noticed that more and more people are doing ic hunt with their beast. Thats all good but where do we draw the line with refusing peoples rp who come to get the beast? Like could one turn down or void an rp if said person was wrong about a small detail?

Ex. Pam uses the telescope tech to find the 35 tails Pam states seeing or maybe seeing a fence. Yugi is the host and said that the fence was taken down and is no longer there. Should yugi be able to void pams rp just because there was no fence?

If the fence was critical (or even important) to finding the 35 tails, then yes. If not, then no, that void is just plain excessive.

If I remember right a bit of the Biju's chakra is left behind in every Jinch whenever they are split from the beast, right?

That's the way it seems to work in the canon, and since this thread exists:

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7936.0.html

It has also existed in SL for quite awhile and is nothing new among forum discussion. Because it was around before this rule could be enforced really at all, the retention of tailed beast chakra in former hosts has been one of those things overlooked, though it IS technically against the rule:

Tampering with the Biju, meaning: destroying it, editing its affinity, parting its powers into multiple entities, etc. & anything that changes it is prohibited.

By the definition of "power", the tailed beast's chakra falls under powers, so yes, making clones or sealsl with a portion of tailed beast chakra is also against the rule if you want to be hardcore on the semantics.

The intention of the rule, however, was to prevent a Minato-style split-up of tailed beasts to the point where there are multiple hosts (more psuedo-jinchs than actual jinchs). Combined with the impracticality of trying to force all of the previous hosts to give up that token of their power acquisition, even for our experts from Hasbro, only in that Minato case has the rule, to my recollection, really been enforced.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2015, 01:26:39 PM »

So now that I know about this rule, as I have never taken the time to look at it for dividing bijuu chakra against the rules, I'll keep it in mind. And since when can you diverse what chakra you are getting from the Senju Grand Tree? I don't even think that is possible really as it sounds like a load of bull. Next, how can you know where to go if you have never been to Kirigakure either? If you have never been there, you have no knowledge of the place at all. Just like I can say I don't know Amegakure because I have never visited.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Uchiha Madara

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2015, 02:52:45 PM »

The Minato situation and Menma's jutsu was the only thing that rule applied it in my mind. I wasn't the person who put it there so I don't know if they had sealing chakra in mind. Especially when you see no one following the rule, why wouldn't you think the "entities" in the rules aren't all encompassing? Because no one sees others splitting the Bijuu to Yin and Yang halfs or turning them into several individuals. I want to know who made this rule, whether it be one or multiple. Was sealing some of their chakra really going through their minds at the time?

So now that I know about this rule, as I have never taken the time to look at it for dividing bijuu chakra against the rules, I'll keep it in mind. And since when can you diverse what chakra you are getting from the Senju Grand Tree? I don't even think that is possible really as it sounds like a load of bull. Next, how can you know where to go if you have never been to Kirigakure either? If you have never been there, you have no knowledge of the place at all. Just like I can say I don't know Amegakure because I have never visited.

The telecope technique allows one to see the person and a bit of the surrounding area. Besides, say you were tracking me down, even if you never been to Ame and saw huge metal skyscrapers,  its not a huge leap to say, "Oh he might be in Amegakure." Thats the only village which has such a feature. Kirigakure is the only village surrounded by constant mist.

For me as long as you can sense me and find a way to narrow down the villages that isn't out of thin air, you've got me. Why make folks jump through hoops?

As for the tree, I dunno, was never involved in it, only heard of it.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2015, 07:46:25 PM »

So... If you used this telescope technique and saw mist, wouldn't the mist be covering the person in question? What if said character is in a misty hot spring or a different location with a dense fog? I'm just asking to understand how it works, and if some circumstances would prevent it being effective.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2015, 07:50:01 PM »

Not that I care much of this whole rule debacle, but I would like to know when exactly and where did Masane/Madara visit the tree for that chakra? To my knowledge nobody, myself included, ever saw either come anywhere near the thing back when it was at konoha, nor after it was moved.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2015, 08:10:51 PM »

Not that I care much of this whole rule debacle, but I would like to know when exactly and where did Masane/Madara visit the tree for that chakra? To my knowledge nobody, myself included, ever saw either come anywhere near the thing back when it was at konoha, nor after it was moved.

It was given to them by a third party.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2015, 08:17:55 PM »

I'd like to know who that was then, cause if it never actually happened legitly it'd make this thread basically moot >>

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2015, 08:51:25 PM »

Indeed. Ive taken the high road, doing the rp again. This time we will see what is wrong with it. I think said jink is just being a **** but whatever.

Please refrain from name calling.... no swear words  :evil:
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2015, 08:53:07 PM »

I'd like to know who that was then, cause if it never actually happened legitly it'd make this thread basically moot >>

Well, it was me.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2015, 08:54:12 PM »

Indeed. Ive taken the high road, doing the rp again. This time we will see what is wrong with it. I think said jink is just being a cunt but whatever.

Taken the high road here? As opposed to what?

Bec I really dont care. I call it how I see it.

Your behavior is a problem. I thought you had taken care of this personal issue. Please try again.

One of the rules I will again say that I wish to see adopted, is sportsmanlike behavior. These hosts are supposed to be the best RPers on the site. Digressing into vulgarity and badgering fit throwing behavior does not look like some paragon that I wish to see praised or emulated. Perhaps immolation would be much more fitting.

The rule against tampering with the bijuu was made because a host who had gotten sealed one day, the very next day, had partitioned out some of its chakra to implant into a friend. he had also claimed mastery and such but that was another issue and a need for people to step up and say...uhm, no.

The rule about the 2 week grace period was made for the host's protection. If they wave that time, it should be included into the match that he has not obtained mastery of even one tail and I feel he cannot be at optimum health; being sealed is a huge drain on a body. How could he possibly have done so? Unless...he/she is that bijuu's previous host. I just do not see it.

The grand Senju Tree was something I objected to from the get go because it autohit everyone who was ever in Konoha since it's inception. It's not about possible, it's about violating a basic rule of RP.

So how do you find the Senju Tree? It was supposedly moved to Kumo...never showed up...it is where exactly these days? And how do you get it to give up that illegally stolen chakra once you find it? And there are a bucket load of problems with this thing.

However...the hosts' right to choose OOC or IC matches was given. And in an IC encounter, metagaming is the biggest violation.

I truly do not see the problem with wanting to do an actual RP. Good luck getting anyone to play instead of bickering, IC or OOC.

Perhaps the problem is 'I have to win' mentality? Instead of lets go through an interesting encounter and enjoy the story unfolding, we see...a list of claims and properties taking priority.

• Kage....check
  • bijuu....check
  • unlimited chakra...check
  • resurrection ability...check
  • space time jutsu...check
  • multiple transcontinental clone ability...check
  • Ultimate weapon that is better than anyone elses...check
  • sage mode summoning...check
  • ability to dodge everything...check
  • latest OP status...check check and double check
  • people who enjoy rping with me...sadly missing.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2015, 08:55:11 PM »

So... If you used this telescope technique and saw mist, wouldn't the mist be covering the person in question? What if said character is in a misty hot spring or a different location with a dense fog? I'm just asking to understand how it works, and if some circumstances would prevent it being effective.

what natural hot sprimg has a forest and chakra infused mist?

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Warren

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2015, 09:00:41 PM »

Uhhh...>_>;;; not to call you a liar or anything bruh, but did you actually do it? Cause I can't speak for you after it was to Uzushio (I was told its there anyway), but I don't recall you ever going even near the thing when it was back at konoha still.

Masane

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2015, 09:01:47 PM »

Indeed. Ive taken the high road, doing the rp again. This time we will see what is wrong with it. I think said jink is just being a cunt but whatever.

Taken the high road here? As opposed to what?

Bec I really dont care. I call it how I see it.

Your behavior is a problem. I thought you had taken care of this personal issue. Please try again.

It could hae been worse. Instead we redid the rp even though we felt there was no need too. MY behavior is not the issue here, its the jink in question who refuses a fight because of an effin bridge that has nothing to do with crap! The bridge is not what told  me where she was

When you smell like you can do anything, there is nothing you smell like you can't do.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2015, 09:03:45 PM »

The Senju Grand Tree is in the Uzumaki clan if I remember correctly. Though the chakra was extracted when it was still in Konoha.

Though on another note, a different Rp was done that may be more acceptable in the meantime while this is discussed. I'm uncertain if Madara has discussed it with the host. 

>.> Yes, I did. I lived in the Senju grand tree for Rusaku's initial introduction into the village. He had permission from the Hokage to extract whatever he wished from the tree for whatever purposes. The initial idea was to implant them into his body in a similar fashion to Athos's seal. This idea was quickly shut down, but the chakra was still in my possession. 

-Jeffrey dahmer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.