Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Chuunin Exam 2015  (Read 16052 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Chuunin Exam 2015
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2015, 06:19:05 AM »

I'd say if you have an elemental Kg which allows three elements then you should limit in other aspects. Like sucking at taijutsu.

Most Genin shouldn't be well rounded Shinobi yet.  Not even a Chuunin should have mastery all aspects of the Shinobi. Most only specialize in one category. This is even true for special Jounin.

Think back at the shining exam. Sasuke was the only true Genin that excelled at pretty much all subject: taijutsu, ninjutsu, ect.

Sakura coming in next I'd say but she was still limited to having a talent for academy ninjutsu fair taijutsu and stoping of genjutsu.

Even Neji only had close combat. Gara limited to sand only.

My point being they all pretty much had major flaws. That's why I made Ken a close combat only. Making his flaws massive as age in should be.

I'd also like to point out they want be masters in their kg. they'd only be able todo very very simple Mokuton or ice release with one reset.

And for sage mode you can't have that with one reset either. You'd only be able to summon the toads. Rinnegan would only give you the push and pull which as long as it staid limited to small scale and had a cool down with not allowing all elements I think would be fine.

Space-time should be to advance for any Genin. Hell truly rasengan and chidori should be. Lightening armor a no no.

Perhaps C rank and lower? Even those should take a toll on a Genin's chakra level. For most a B rank would empty the tank rather quickly. If anything allow one B rank used per fight. And I don't mean that as in you can use one b rank level Jutsu several times in a fight but rather simply a total of one time you can use a Jutsu of that caliber.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2015, 11:56:01 AM »

As far as what rank of jutsu to be used, why not just have the rank that  he/she has RP trained for? I mean, we are talking about shinobilegends genin here, not narutoverse genin.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2015, 02:37:44 PM »

Jutsu ranks usually demean the difficulty it is to use and master. Not entirely the amount of chakra it uses.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Jutsu#Ranks

If anything, a Genin should be able to use at least one A-rank jutsu with enough practice invested into it.
Naruto had the Multiple Shadow Clone Technique.
Sasuke had the Chidori.
Boruto had the Rasengan.
Konohamaru had the Rasengan.
Rock Lee had the Reverse Lotus.

Sure they all may be special snowflakes. But everybody on SL is a special snowflake. And if somebody has a bunch of special stuff already, then why are they even still ranked as Genin in the first place?

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2015, 03:12:38 PM »

As far as what rank of jutsu to be used, why not just have the rank that  he/she has RP trained for? I mean, we are talking about shinobilegends genin here, not narutoverse genin.

Good point. I just want the fight between two 'Genins' to be 'over the top'. >.>

Jutsu ranks usually demean the difficulty it is to use and master. Not entirely the amount of chakra it uses.
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Jutsu#Ranks

If anything, a Genin should be able to use at least one A-rank jutsu with enough practice invested into it.
Naruto had the Multiple Shadow Clone Technique.
Sasuke had the Chidori.
Boruto had the Rasengan.
Konohamaru had the Rasengan.
Rock Lee had the Reverse Lotus.

Sure they all may be special snowflakes. But everybody on SL is a special snowflake. And if somebody has a bunch of special stuff already, then why are they even still ranked as Genin in the first place?

Because they didn't pass the Chuunin Exam. >.>

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2015, 04:52:20 PM »

I'm talking about SL-terms, when it comes to already-assigned ranks. Whether or not a Genin is promoted to Chuunin is up to their village kage or higher-ups.

The exams are also used as a show of exhibition of a village's upcoming talent. In the series, it was used as a proxy to show village strength, as opposed to war. And for entertaining the masses as well.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2015, 06:07:55 PM »

Well to me one would rp at Genin level out of respect for the plot. I mean a Chuunin exam doesn't have to go along with your whole official bs. Kay can void whoever she wants sense it is her plot and make what rules she wants.

I just don't get what the point of rping a Chuunin exam is if you aren't gonna use Genin level characters.

After all I don't think the plot was made truly for rankin up more so then to create some rp fun.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2015, 06:30:42 PM »

I'm talking about SL-terms, when it comes to already-assigned ranks. Whether or not a Genin is promoted to Chuunin is up to their village kage or higher-ups.

The exams are also used as a show of exhibition of a village's upcoming talent. In the series, it was used as a proxy to show village strength, as opposed to war. And for entertaining the masses as well.

No, the main purpose was to improve relations between the villages. >.>

And yes, it is up to the Village Kage (or higher-up) rather a genin is promoted or not. Villages originally held their own individual chuunin exams, but how many of the SL villages actually conduct a chuunin exam? >.>

I'm mainly using the Chuunin Exam as sub-plot to my character's RP history/story. >.>
Plus I think it would be fun to partake in one.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2015, 08:05:10 PM »

I think it would be funner, rather than just me saying...this is my rp and this is how it goes...to have a general idea of what everyone thinks. Kabuto, for instance, was not a genin. Of course he was failing the chuunin exams every year in order to further his own agenda.

Mostly I don't want some bad ass coming through and wrecking the event by being too OP. However, most of the event will not be dependent upon being stronger than anyone else.

Keep in mind:

Stage 1: all that is assumed to have been completed just by signing up. Your character has already been recommended by some *cough* sensei to take the exam. Your character has already passed the grueling written exam.

Stage 2: you will go out into the world alone, to retrieve 2 items facing this challenge against the GM led events in the area. You might encounter player characters in these as yet undisclosed locations. Which would be so cool! I hope people do acknowledge that you are there and messing about. However, it would be very churlish of the player character to destroy you and ruin your chances to have passed a chuunin exam event to include in your back story one day. I hope if anyone does come out to mess with you that they do not have such a hateful thing in mind because GMs will step in to Curb stomp them. Still, a little interference/hindrance is to be expect.

Stage 3: This is the only portion of the exam where you will face off with another participant. The 1v1 match. Winners of each match will go on to do an elimination type tourney with a grand prize winner. If we have enough DP we will give out to the top three.

However...passing the exam only means completing stage 2 and stage 3, win or lose. The tourney is just for fun and bragging rights and prizes.

The idea is just to create an RP event for people to say, yes...I took a chuunin exam, rather than just having it in their bio as history or not bothering to have a history at all. And maybe create activity around the site, as well as promote your village, and get to meet new people.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2015, 12:48:00 AM »

No, the main purpose was to improve relations between the villages. >.>

And yes, it is up to the Village Kage (or higher-up) rather a genin is promoted or not. Villages originally held their own individual chuunin exams, but how many of the SL villages actually conduct a chuunin exam? >.>

I'm mainly using the Chuunin Exam as sub-plot to my character's RP history/story. >.>
Plus I think it would be fun to partake in one.

From this page, and on-wards to the next few pages. I'll even quote the entire thing to save you guys some bandwidth.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-65-page-8.html

"This exam is a replacement for war among the allied countries. If you go back in time, the current allies were enemies who fought each other over who would rule. In order to prevent wasteful fighting, the stage that these countries chose for battle. That is the origins of this Chuunin selection exam.

It is a fact that this exam decides which shinobi have what it takes to become a Chuunin. But on the other hand, this exam has another side, where each country's shinobi risks their own life to protect their land's prestige. Watching this third exam will be leaders and influential individuals from many countries who make up the clients of the shinobi. And the leaders of countries will also be there to watch each of your battles. If the strength of a country is clear, that country will receive more clients. And conversely, if seen as weak, they will lose clients. And this will signal to potential enemy countries that, "Our village has this much power." So it will send a political message to the outsiders. The strength of the country is the strength of the village. The strength of the village is the strength of the shinobi. And a shinobi's true strength is born only through life-risking battle.

This exam is a place to see each country's strength, and to show off your own strength. It only has meaning because lives are at risk. And that's why those that have come before you have fought in the Chuunin Exam for this dream that is meaningful.

I said it in the beginning, I don't want you to confuse the purpose of this. By losing life and establishing balance. This is the shape of friendship in the world of shinobi. Before we begin the third test I will tell you one more thing. This is not just a test; this is a life-risking battle with your dreams and country's prestige on the line."

Plot bomb. This should go on the first post, just as some general inspiration and hype.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2015, 01:26:09 AM »

It is quite inspiring. however, I do not wish to give the impression we are doing death matches.

maybe that is just how I read it. who knows? all that talk of life risking may be misconstrued.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2015, 06:31:14 AM »

It is quite inspiring. however, I do not wish to give the impression we are doing death matches.

maybe that is just how I read it. who knows? all that talk of life risking may be misconstrued.

I don't think the third actually meant death match as more so the idea to give it all you have as if your life was on the line with the possibility that you could be seriously injured, Lee for example.

I mean if it was death matches we would have seen death. Why would proctors had stepped in?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2015, 08:49:30 PM »

I don't think the third actually meant death match as more so the idea to give it all you have as if your life was on the line with the possibility that you could be seriously injured, Lee for example.

I mean if it was death matches we would have seen death. Why would proctors had stepped in?

The Forest of Death had proctors jump in only when the likes of Orochimaru showed up. Regarding the 1v1 matches, I think it's safe to say that the proctors barely intervened. Guy had to save Lee from the sand attack, I don't think that proctor was going to do squat about it personally. Then we have Sasuke's match where he head slammed a kid into the concrete. Death was not the rule, but it definitely was not out of the question, hence the 3rd's words regarding the potential lethality of it all.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2015, 09:47:07 PM »

The Forest of Death had proctors jump in only when the likes of Orochimaru showed up. Regarding the 1v1 matches, I think it's safe to say that the proctors barely intervened. Guy had to save Lee from the sand attack, I don't think that proctor was going to do squat about it personally. Then we have Sasuke's match where he head slammed a kid into the concrete. Death was not the rule, but it definitely was not out of the question, hence the 3rd's words regarding the potential lethality of it all.

Everyone intervened in the Neji v. Hinata. <.<

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2015, 09:55:40 PM »

Possibility of death isn't the same as clear, intentional attempt to murder though. Its basically 'I want to win this match' and 'I'm going to fracking kill you'.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2015, 11:01:06 PM »

Everyone intervened in the Neji v. Hinata. <.<

Hinata was a VIP, I would consider her an exception. >_>
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 16 queries.