Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Another Sanbi Post.  (Read 8982 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Another Sanbi Post.
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2015, 06:01:12 AM »

For one. Why is it that nothing actually gets done on this site without someone hounding them? I mean, geez.

Second, I don't think a single soul here will doubt that if she was given the choice to fight you now, or me now, she'd fight me, for various reasons, some of which you've pointed out. So I don't think at all that your 'compromise' is even fair at this point. As you two have had ample time to commence and now that there is risk that she has to fight me now, and you get skipped, you two have no issue at all starting this thing up right here and now.

It's been nearly a month, you had your shot, you both had the opportunities, now I believe it's time to move down the list.

Why is it everyone has to be but hurt little whinny ass who complain until they get their way? You're on a list sit back shut up and wait your turn. It's rather simple.

Watch it Kirk, there is no need to start escalating this with pop words and insults. Presuming you have already read and kept up with things here, Riku has indeed been waiting a rather long time for a shot at the beast.

All I did was speak the truth on how 90% are exactly what I said. If it offends you it is only because it is true and the truth hurts.

But I suppose hearing the truth would be frowned upon much like waiting your turn would be.

I'm just a frank person and I'm not gonna sugar coat my opinion just so people will approve of me.

He had been waiting. Alright big deal. They have been waiting for there rp about this beast as well during this time. Waiting doesn't hurt anybody. Causing people to skips their rp and cut down on creativity does.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2015, 06:19:26 AM »

For one. Why is it that nothing actually gets done on this site without someone hounding them? I mean, geez.

Second, I don't think a single soul here will doubt that if she was given the choice to fight you now, or me now, she'd fight me, for various reasons, some of which you've pointed out. So I don't think at all that your 'compromise' is even fair at this point. As you two have had ample time to commence and now that there is risk that she has to fight me now, and you get skipped, you two have no issue at all starting this thing up right here and now.

It's been nearly a month, you had your shot, you both had the opportunities, now I believe it's time to move down the list.

Why is it everyone has to be but hurt little whinny ass who complain until they get their way? You're on a list sit back shut up and wait your turn. It's rather simple.

Watch it Kirk, there is no need to start escalating this with pop words and insults. Presuming you have already read and kept up with things here, Riku has indeed been waiting a rather long time for a shot at the beast.

All I did was speak the truth on how 90% are exactly what I said. If it offends you it is only because it is true and the truth hurts.

But I suppose hearing the truth would be frowned upon much like waiting your turn would be.

I'm just a frank person and I'm not gonna sugar coat my opinion just so people will approve of me.

He had been waiting. Alright big deal. They have been waiting for there rp about this beast as well during this time. Waiting doesn't hurt anybody. Causing people to skips their rp and cut down on creativity does.

If you can do it without insults and clear provocation then by all means speak your version of the truth.

...Waiting doesn't hurt anybody...

Technically it can, but I'm not going to get into the various situations in which that is the case. As far as I am concerned, a tailed beast being effectively RP locked because the challenger is busy is a foul up on the host's part (having been a former host in a similar situation) and on the challenger's part.  I personally have no issues with the IC hunt being skipped and the two getting on with the fight, but considering how quickly this became resolved, why was this no enacted earlier?

Why is it that there have to be a lynch mob every few months for the 3-tails to even twitch? I dunno, probably because the challengers often are faced with what they see as injustices, are patient for a while, and then eventually lose patience and go to an outlet (which is usually this forum). If Riku is already in Kirigakure (which he may or may not be), has a chance to gank the host, but has to wait until someone else finishes the RP, what kind of madness is that?

All else aside, how long do you think he should be expected to wait Kirk? 4 months? 7 months? A year total? These are extreme examples, but the point should still be present. There has to be a line drawn on how long it is before the challenge is even started.

While Deathstroke is not necessarily doing this intentionally, I consider it a wallblock move to put in a challenge ahead of someone who really wants to get the beast and then take as long as feasible to even start the first part of the longest kind of challenge (IC). This is not Congress, no player should be waiting months just to get a challenge unless the actual biju challenge is taking just that long.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2015, 06:36:40 AM »

Because some of us, unlike you, actually want to rp. Eiko had no issue with me finishing my Iwa rp before starting the hunt for her (Which is why we did not skip to the fight Eric, I assumed the other challenger would simply be doing something else until his turn came up). I didn't realize that would be a problem, I assumed it was just between us. Since you're here whining about it now we have to skip the rp and do the fight or just not do it at all, so we're going to start the fight. We've been over how you would have gotten your fight if you had just waited but you couldn't do that, you needed it now.

It's not fair that Eiko doesn't want to fight you? Well that's not my fault now is it? I can understand why she wouldn't want to in fact. You made a point of telling me how people are biased against you because of how you've behaved in the past and then you do this, so it seems like that bias has been well earned.

If I had known this was going to be an issue I would have made the effort to prolong the start of my rp in Iwa till after the bijuu hunt was done.

If this needs to be made a rule now then we should hash something out, but as of now there is no rule in regards to people delaying the start of their bijuu match due to another rp. Since someone has taken offense to that we are making accommodations.

Other than Yujo, who wants his fight and wants it now, does anyone have issue with me confirming rules with Eiko and quickly beginning our fight?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 06:40:16 AM by Deathstroke »
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2015, 06:40:06 AM »

I think several people have stated that you should be skipped. Shall I open up a poll?
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2015, 06:40:50 AM »

I say Deathstroke talks with Eiko, and if the fight does not start within a week or something, then Yujo gets his fight? Seems fair to me.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2015, 06:50:18 AM »

I am pretty sure Deathstroke said that she told him that she was fine with skipping the IC hunt, so I assume that counts as directly asking her.
Uetto, the issue is that I challenged Eiko before she had her rules set up. So while she set them up I started an rp, then she decided that her rules would be you have to find out she is the Jinchuriki IC and then you have an OOC fight. So I'll have to finish my rp before I can start a hunt to find Eiko. Yujo does not have to want to wait that long.

Eiko actually quickly got back to me and was ok about skipping the IC hunt and just going to the OOC fight. We're confirming rules and judges and such now. So we're all good now?

If she is online we can all PM her and ask her opinion. Or get someone to screenshot it and post it here, one of the two if the above quote doesn't seem sufficient.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2015, 06:56:50 AM »

I say Deathstroke talks with Eiko, and if the fight does not start within a week or something, then Yujo gets his fight? Seems fair to me.

Well under those pretenses of course they are going to start tomorrow or something, just like every other topic I've started regarding the Sanbi. Everyone has seen it at this point, it takes several weeks and many arguments for anything regarding this particular beast to get done, and as soon as it's made, people are quick to jump to the solution I offered weeks in advance, but now that the risk of consequence is around, they move faster than bullets. It's ridiculous. 

Second, Kay, Eiko already accepted my challenge, so that tid bit doesn't even apply her about her rights. And if that is your argument, with the rights of being a host, comes the rules of being of being one, and I'm sure there are several stipulations regarding this instance that would apply.

Lastly, Deathstroke, you continue to attempt to slander me by speaking out ignorance, all the while I tried to be as cordial with you and Eiko as I have ever been on these forums. I had no issue with you until you started making asinine assumptions regarding myself and my intentions, and even tried to make friends with the guy who after I fought for months for a beast, tooth and nail, joins the site, and gets first crack at it, and then has the gall to stall the fight and give me the middle finger. The absurdity of it all is absolutely astonishing.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2015, 07:02:45 AM »

We should all be proud that we hinder and cut down on rp here at SL. Boy we are a great community aren't we?

Truly if you guys can't see the fault in rushing this rp then this site truly has sank to its lowest, rp community wise.

Dart Terumī

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2015, 07:26:17 AM »

Waiting for a bijū match is all part of the RP aspect of the game. Deal with it or don't get involved in a RP that you don't have the patience for. The game doesn't cater to one particular person, especially you.

Sit down, shut up, and wait your turn like everyone else is forced to do. There are no exceptions or exemptions to this rule. She isn't breaking any of the "formal" rules of Jinchūriki "law" and Deathstroke is implementing his part of the RP. He had first grabs. Tough luck kid, you'll get your shot eventually. Just have to sit down and wait in line.

Whining about lost time won't get you a bijū and it certainly won't make you more inviting to actually RP with. This game is suppose to be FUN. You've clearly forgotten how to do that.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2015, 07:50:46 AM »

Assumptions? You're right here out in the open having a tantrum for all to see. You're a child and acting like it.

I asked Eiko when you first messaged me to see if she would skip the IC hunt, she said no and I told you you'd have to wait. You couldn't wait any longer though and decided to throw this little fit. We said fine, we'll not only not wait for the Iwa rp to be done we'll skip the IC hunt entirely and get right to the fight. All just to pacify you.

But no that's not good enough, you want your fight now.

Well that's just rough isn't it? If I beat Eiko I will fight you. There will be no accusation of chicanery with the challenger list. If I win the 3 tails you are the first challenger on my list.

I don't normally waste my time with children but for you I will make an exception, because when we are through I will have done my best to make you into a man. After I've broken all your limbs, knocked your teeth down your throat, and beaten you within an inch of your life, I'll GIVE you the Bijuu, because I don't even want it anymore. After that I can only hope you'll be challenged by someone half as infantile as you and maybe you'll see what a brat you've been and GROW. UP.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2015, 08:24:09 AM »

If she is online we can all PM her and ask her opinion. Or get someone to screenshot it and post it here, one of the two if the above quote doesn't seem sufficient.

Actually it is more efficient if just ONE PERSON pm her to ask her opinion and screenshot it.
I don't think she wants like 5+ pms, all asking the same question. >.>
And Deathstroke said he would pm her.

And Mei? Sl is not an RP site? So what do you think Bijuu matches and sparing is but RP?

So like, Bijuu RP matters and community RP does not?

I would much rather see Deathstroke be in two places at once and get his turn than this jumped up fit throwing over stuff that just creates bad feelings and arguments between everyone.

And Yujo? It might help you out a bit if you found something to do other than long for bijuu to keep you entertained until your turn at bat arrives. What if Deathstroke and Eiko's match had begun already? And then they take three years to finish? Are we now going to make up rules on how long you can take to complete your rp hunt...then how long you can take to complete your rp bijuu match?

Meanwhile..Eiko gets to have 2 refusals to accept any challenger before she has to accept [refusals to stripping i think]. Has ANYONE spoken to her about what she wants before just deciding for her?

Kay, multiple things.
1. I dont understand your train of thought in regards to my comment so I'm going to chalk that up to your tiredness.

You think it's the duty of every SL member to check Village RP updates. I said and quote "Kay, I don't agree with that because the site is first and foremost a gaming site. RP is second."

So I don't understand how my comment said that SL is not RP site. My comment means that SL is first a gaming site and secondarily an RP site. SL was made originally as a gaming site and the RP came later. Proof of that can be seen from the forum and SL itself. Even in the FAQ, it even states that the purpose of this game is to slay Orochimaru. >.>

And I happen to know what's going on with bijuu matches because it's posted right here on the forums and it's much easier to update oneself on what's going on in matters that involves them. Whereas with the village RP, I would have to go to every village page and download the pdf consists of many pages and read through each of them. And it's not like all of the posts are even relevant (at least relevant to me), since people can RP anything. So it's not that "Bijuu RP matters and community RP does not", but it's easier to find/read bijuu RP. >.>

2. We would all rather "see Deathstroke be in two places at once and get his turn." But it seems it will be up to Eiko to decide what kind of outcome will happen. However, I think it's unfair that Riku waited over 2 months  (or whatever time duration) for his turn WHEN there's nothing going on between the jinchuuriki and the previous challenger. That's like saying it's fair to wait over 3 months for a person to post in a RP that involves 4+ other people, causing an RP lock. I bet those people would most likely msg that person to make a post, rather than patiently wait for it. >.>

3. It's not possible to take three years for a bijuu match from start to finish (from IC hunt to the actual fight) when the rule states they have to post every two weeks (I did some math here). In regards to the 3x refusal, I don't quite get it, so correct my reasoning if it's wrong.

You're given 3 refusals to the same opponent. The rule also says you can challenge the same host for the same bijuu once every three months. So does that mean, you can avoid fighting a challenger for 9 months? o.o
However, each of your refusals should have a good reason, correct? If so, what could be a good reason to refuse Riku 3x? o.o

-------
@Uetto

I was hesitant to say this but your posts give me the impression that you do not know what's going on and as a result, makes you sound ignorant. No offense.

And one can be brutally honest without cursing.

------

"If there's something that you want, is it not natural to want it sooner rather than later if it was possible?" o.o

Anyways, any RP issue (or any issue in general) involving the bijuu is rarely fun and usually, if not all the time, involves drama.

EDIT:

We should all be proud that we hinder and cut down on rp here at SL. Boy we are a great community aren't we?

Truly if you guys can't see the fault in rushing this rp then this site truly has sank to its lowest, rp community wise.

I read somewhere that the creation of the bijuus was to promote RP activity, correct?
If so, then in this bijuu-related situation, Deathstroke is doing nothing, Eiko is doing nothing, and Riku is doing nothing. As a result there's no RP being done at this very moment (nor for how many days now). However, if Deathstroke let Riku skip him, then Riku is doing some RP and Eiko is doing some RP, hence increasing RP activity. So...your post doesn't make sense to me. >.>

Anyways, aside from bijuu IC matches resulting in character deaths, I feel like some of these bijuu issues that arise are result of 'lack of consideration for the other person's situation/feelings'. In this case, it's the waiting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Deathstroke knew that Riku waited a few months for a bijuu match. Although, he was the 1st challenger, he was stuck in IC RP, hindering him from starting the IC hunt. Taking these two things in consideration, it would have been considerate of him if he had let Riku skip him. Of course, the same can be said to Eiko. I think she knew of Riku's long wait as well and could have been considerate by letting Riku be the 1st challenger. In either case, Riku would have got what he wanted and all this 'drama' would have never started. And I'm sure Riku, if he becomes the jink, would be considerate by returning the favor and let Deathstroke be the 1st challenger on his list. See how 'consideration' can eliminate needless drama. >.> 

Of course, this is my opinion and as such, you are all welcome to disagree with any, if not all, of the things I have said in this post, free of cursing.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:13:51 AM by Mei »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »

*sigh* I think I will make my mashed potatoes later, so they'll be fresher than the several hours old leftovers kind...

Anyways, Rusaku, Deathstroke, don't start insulting each other here on the forums, as it does nothing to improve either cause and only turns this into a legitimate shouting match.

Well under those pretenses of course they are going to start tomorrow or something, just like every other topic I've started regarding the Sanbi. Everyone has seen it at this point, it takes several weeks and many arguments for anything regarding this particular beast to get done, and as soon as it's made, people are quick to jump to the solution I offered weeks in advance, but now that the risk of consequence is around, they move faster than bullets. It's ridiculous... 

Alternatively you could still be waiting for the IC hunt to even start. The two skipping the IC hunt and going straight to the fight seems like an attempt at compromise. Expediting the fight will make your challenge come faster, and Deathstroke has (however put in words) offered to have you as his first challenger if he wins. You will be next in line regardless of the winner.

If you want to continue picketing for a skip then go ahead, but I would advise taking this deal while it is still hot. Otherwise, you might end up with nothing for your troubles.

...I'll GIVE you the Bijuu, because I don't even want it anymore...

Then I guess principle is why we're still here then? I assume you sent this more out of frustration than out of an interest in going through with it; for obvious reasons you giving him the tailed beast (regardless of your prerequisite which you are not guaranteed to be able to do IC) would make you going through all the trouble to fight for it (and this discussion) nigh pointless.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2015, 03:46:11 PM »

Quote from: Eric link=topic=8546.msg223415#msg223415 date=144110340

Anyways, Rusaku, Deathstroke, don't start insulting each other here on the forum
[/quote

But...I didn't say anything.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2015, 04:33:57 PM »

Except me fighting for it has been no trouble, I've had no issue with Eiko and am still looking forward to that fight, I only did this because I thought it might be fun. Yujo has been the only issue and if he wasn't here I'd have had nothing bad to say about the experience.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2015, 04:37:12 PM »

I only read the first page, just as a heads up. I usually read entire threads, but back and forth banter is a turn off.

Let's hold-up here. A challenge list is usually a list of people who have issued a formal challenge to a Jinchurikki. Back in the day when matches were initiated no-matter what, it was usually first-come first-serve as to who went first.

Now let's fast-forward to present day. IC-hunts have become a more active thing that spurs activity here and there, along with requiring people to be actual ninjas about how to search, seek-out and challenge a Jinchurikki. As how challenge lists work today in the situation where a host prefers IC-hunts, a challenge list is merely a public declaration of the host of their current pursuers. But the fact of the matter is, that challengers WILL NOT get their match if they DO NOT HUNT for the host.

The situation here is that Riku is being withheld from being able to hunt down Eiko.

If we go back to the situation with hunting down Ichirou for the Four-Tails, he had multiple pursuers. If I remember right, it was Shadow, Riku and Keito. Although Shadow was the only one who actually made it to him first and got his battle. Now if in some kind of crazy coincidence that all three had made it to Ichirou, then it would have been disastrous for the three of them, since ultimately they would have to take each-other on for the Four Tails. The village might have gotten involved if the stare-off between the four parties had resulted in collateral damage, making the situation even worse.

Short answer: IC-hunt challenge lists are only a means of displaying pursers in an OOC manner. Hosts are open game at all times, and take on IC challengers on a first-come first-serve basis.

I may have some criticisms on how an IC-hunt suddenly becomes an OOC match like in the older days. It would make a lot more sense to make the entire thing OOC, instead of having to make challengers wait their turn in a line to get a chance to race through flaming hoops IC, just for an OOC match. It kinda ruins the whole point of an IC-hunt, where everything must be done IC and variables such as searching, ninja-ing your way through a village and having the possibility to fight off other pursuers are something that has to be taken into consideration. But that's another topic for another day or week.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.