Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Another Sanbi Post.  (Read 9213 times)

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Another Sanbi Post.
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 03:09:19 AM »

because you were having a small stroke over having to wait, but she said no.

I see what you did there, and I applaud you for it.

As far as "he said and I said", screenshots work best. So I'd back up your claim with messages, otherwise both of your words are equal in weight, really.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 03:28:16 AM »

... I guess I just wasn't really clear on the general mind set of the community. It seemed to be that the bijuu are just kind of a secondary thing you can do while you rp, so I thought nothing of someone waiting while I was getting ready to do my challenge, because in my mind you're playing the game and the bijuu don't matter that much...

Since you're new here, let me help clear your perception. The tailed beasts are supposed to be a community commodity of sorts, where everybody gets a shot regardless of certain RP dispositions, as long as they follow the rules. Plenty don't give two flips about the beasts. But around here (the forum goers) the tailed beasts are a very big deal.

Some of us wanna get rid of them because of all of the topics that have been made. Like, you can see here in biju arena (I mean village square, thinking on moving this topic, but both locations should have some exmaples) that there are plenty of biju related topics. Type biju in the search bar and, for the last 2-3 years, more topics have been made regarding biju than almost anything else, with a die-down relatively recently (compared to the "peak season" for the topics).

So, yeah, a tailed beast really isn't the most important thing in SL and is somewhat secondary for those not hunting for a beast/ not hosting one, but for those with an interest in having and/or keeping one, it can be serious business. The tailed beasts can and have honestly bring/brought out the very worst in the RPers around here. Among the negatives that contribute relatively little RPwise compared to the hubbub caused in the past (and present), it is among the heaviest, with the pillars that make it bad being the only things coming in close.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 03:37:54 AM »

because you were having a small stroke over having to wait, but she said no.

I see what you did there, and I applaud you for it.

As far as "he said and I said", screenshots work best. So I'd back up your claim with messages, otherwise both of your words are equal in weight, really.

Fair enough, I'll work on that and edit this post with the screen shots.

Edit

Yujo messaging me:

Me messaging Eiko:

And Kirk, that was what I assumed was going to happen but apparently not.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 03:54:04 AM by Deathstroke »
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 03:48:57 AM »

IC OOC  doesn't matter when talking about tailed beast. Simply for the reason the rp plays a role on IC events even when being OOC.

And like I said you can't rp something that can effect things IC if the rp happening also effects things IC.

Once again because the current rp could alter how the later rp would be rped. Hell it perhaps would never even happen.

Lets say the host is killed in this current rp. Well then the OOC fight would be pointless cause the host wouldn't be the host anymore. Even if the OOC challenger was to win his rp can't alter rp that was already happening. That would be like retro-posting.

Simply wait your turn and chill out. This is simply the way rp has to be done when dealing with such official ordeals.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 03:59:17 AM »

IC OOC  doesn't matter when talking about tailed beast. Simply for the reason the rp plays a role on IC events even when being OOC.

I'm not really following this. I can understand if the issue is that Eiko was 'RP locked' in a different RP and in that RP, she used the bijuu in some way. However, that's not the case for Deathstroke. >.>

Also, it's an IC hunt that goes into an OOC fight. (Although if you think about it, that alone doesn't make sense. You RP hunt a person but the fight turns into OOC? Either it's IC all the way or all OOC, there shouldn't be a mix of the two.) The outcome shouldn't affect the current RP, meaning if you RPed as a non-Jink, then even if you won the bijuu, you should continue the RP as a non-Jink. >.>

So aside from that, what other effects are you talking about Uetto?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 04:00:14 AM »

And like I said you can't rp something that can effect things IC if the rp happening also effects things IC.

Once again because the current rp could alter how the later rp would be rped. Hell it perhaps would never even happen.

Lets say the host is killed in this current rp. Well then the OOC fight would be pointless cause the host wouldn't be the host anymore. Even if the OOC challenger was to win his rp can't alter rp that was already happening. That would be like retro-posting.

Simply wait your turn and chill out. This is simply the way rp has to be done when dealing with such official ordeals.

The current host, to my knowledge, is not RP locked. Even if he/she were, I imagine we would have a different issue on our hands (since the challenger would not be able to complete the RP obligations if, you know, the host croaks so there wouldn't be a fight to begin with).

In that hypothetical situation though, I am more than sure that arrangements could be made (it's been tossed around before if not outright discussed) for the victorious challenger to potentially get the tailed beast, since biju RP tends to take a priority over regular RP when it comes to IC challenges. Long story short though, that's a special occasion that would not necessarily discredit the victory of the challenger in the match.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 04:10:02 AM »

I implore all of you to look above at Screenshots, at the point where I specifically told Death that his match did not have to be held up by the Rp he was doing. I tried to be cordial this whole way through, and as patient as possible, but it's quite clear to me that Death/Eiko had every opportunity to begin the match, and simply CHOSE not to because they either thought that it wasn't important, or that it was just okay to wait. It's even obvious that this beast isn't even important to death, it's just a bit ridiculous at this point at the amount of BS I am expected to take. (Maybe it's Karma :D)
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 04:22:53 AM »

I implore all of you to look above at Screenshots, at the point where I specifically told Death that his match did not have to be held up by the Rp he was doing. I tried to be cordial this whole way through, and as patient as possible, but it's quite clear to me that Death/Eiko had every opportunity to begin the match, and simply CHOSE not to because they either thought that it wasn't important, or that it was just okay to wait. It's even obvious that this beast isn't even important to death, it's just a bit ridiculous at this point at the amount of BS I am expected to take. (Maybe it's Karma :D)

It didn't, you're right, if Eiko chose to change her rules and not require the IC hunt I could have started the fight. She didn't that wasn't up to me. So I don't know what you're saying I could have done about it. You keep making it seem like it was up to me to say yes or no to starting the fight when it wasn't. I asked her, she said no, unlike you I wasn't going to cause a big ruckus about it.

So give me immediate satisfaction or give me death? I'd be willing to offer that if you having to wait for this fight, and if you did nothing but wait you would get it, is the worst thing that happens to you you're pretty well off.

I mean that's what this topic is about, "I could wait to get what I want but I don't want to wait."

So if that's how this works than that's how this works I guess, maybe the consensus is that you should not have to wait. I messaged Eiko and told her at this point it seems we will either have to skip the IC hunt and fight or she'll have to fight Yujo first. So I'll see what she says and go from there.

If everyone is in agreement that I can't wait to finish my rp in Iwa before starting the bijuu fight and Eiko does not want to skip the IC hunt then I will agree that Yujo can skip me. Otherwise we'll skip the hunt and start the fight immediately, does that sound fair?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 05:21:20 AM »

I was under the assumption that the host was in an IC hunt match while someone was trying to challenger them to a OOC match.

Am I wrong about that? I ask cause you question my post (those who did). 

If I am not then I think my explanation was rather simple and very much correct.

If the IC hunter and host are fighting or rping to lead up to a fight, meanin the 'hunt' is underway, then an OOC challenge occurring at this time would be retro.

I think that's a rather simple thing to understand.

Just because you have to wait doesn't mean shit. Oh well to bad, get over it. It isn't your turn. It is the IC hunters turn.

There is no cap on rp time frame and there never should be. There is a cap on how long you can go without posting. However people can post every five minutes and take a year to rp a day in their characters' realm.

It seems to me someone is just tired of waiting. That isn't a reason to skip a person or to retro the rp that person is doing. Just because you are in a rush doesn't mean try have to be.

There is more to rp than just posting. Sit back and enjoy what others write as well. Read their rp and enjoy it. If you can't do that then I'm sorry but you're not a true rper. You're just a whinny little turd who wants their way.

This is what's wrong with SL. You guys can't even follow the basics of rp because someone might get but hurt for having to follow the rules.

No one should be above the law of rp.

If these two guys started an rp revolving atound this tailed beast and are forced to either rush their rp or cancel it because of the next challenger not wanting to wait.... Then that is just wrong and you all are frankly idiots.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2015, 05:32:20 AM »

Uetto, the issue is that I challenged Eiko before she had her rules set up. So while she set them up I started an rp, then she decided that her rules would be you have to find out she is the Jinchuriki IC and then you have an OOC fight. So I'll have to finish my rp before I can start a hunt to find Eiko. Yujo does not have to want to wait that long.

Eiko actually quickly got back to me and was ok about skipping the IC hunt and just going to the OOC fight. We're confirming rules and judges and such now. So we're all good now?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2015, 05:37:08 AM »

I see now it is an IC going into an OOC fight.

Well I'd have to say my statement still stands. Perhaps these guys are taking something from the current rp into the match. I think it is creative and rather interesting. Much more enjoyable to read then just appearing out of the blue to fight.

This is there rpthey can do as they wish if they wanna go IC toOOC that is fine really

I understand clearly they wanted to rp a more meaningful rp then just a fight. And that is so honorable for them to do. Rp is so much more then just fighting. They want to make a story out of this match.

At the same time I can tell they do not wish to kill each other however in this sort of thing it is a fight to the death. So they make the ending OOC so no one has to die. That is splendid and brilent.

It goes back to the days of old when we could duke it out get our wads cut off and still live on through unknown magical ways.

I see these to guys as true artist of rp. Instead of downin what they are doing we should be praising it.

This is what rp at SL was meant to be. In its purest form. Tell me you can't see that Kay? People doing a biju rp actually forming a plot and arc fr it while over looking character death????

Is that not a thing of beauty? As rpers can you all not see the inspiration behind this?

I want to complement these two for what they are doing. And no matter what these people say cause the long forgot what rp is take your time and finish what you started. I'm happy there are still people like you two out there.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2015, 05:40:09 AM »

For one. Why is it that nothing actually gets done on this site without someone hounding them? I mean, geez.

Second, I don't think a single soul here will doubt that if she was given the choice to fight you now, or me now, she'd fight me, for various reasons, some of which you've pointed out. So I don't think at all that your 'compromise' is even fair at this point. As you two have had ample time to commence and now that there is risk that she has to fight me now, and you get skipped, you two have no issue at all starting this thing up right here and now.

It's been nearly a month, you had your shot, you both had the opportunities, now I believe it's time to move down the list.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2015, 05:40:36 AM »

Uetto, the issue is that I challenged Eiko before she had her rules set up. So while she set them up I started an rp, then she decided that her rules would be you have to find out she is the Jinchuriki IC and then you have an OOC fight. So I'll have to finish my rp before I can start a hunt to find Eiko. Yujo does not have to want to wait that long.

Eiko actually quickly got back to me and was ok about skipping the IC hunt and just going to the OOC fight. We're confirming rules and judges and such now. So we're all good now?

I don't think you should have to bend to these people's but hurt ways. Finish your rp and do the IC hunt. He can simply wait his turn or move on.

It is pathetic that people would bash and rush rp like that.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2015, 05:43:57 AM »

For one. Why is it that nothing actually gets done on this site without someone hounding them? I mean, geez.

Second, I don't think a single soul here will doubt that if she was given the choice to fight you now, or me now, she'd fight me, for various reasons, some of which you've pointed out. So I don't think at all that your 'compromise' is even fair at this point. As you two have had ample time to commence and now that there is risk that she has to fight me now, and you get skipped, you two have no issue at all starting this thing up right here and now.

It's been nearly a month, you had your shot, you both had the opportunities, now I believe it's time to move down the list.

Why is it everyone has to be but hurt little whinny ass who complain until they get their way? You're on a list sit back shut up and wait your turn. It's rather simple.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2015, 05:47:43 AM »

Why is it everyone has to be but hurt little whinny ass who complain until they get their way? You're on a list sit back shut up and wait your turn. It's rather simple.

Watch it Kirk, there is no need to start escalating this with pop words and insults. Presuming you have already read and kept up with things here, Riku has indeed been waiting a rather long time for a shot at the beast.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.