Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Another Sanbi Post.  (Read 8921 times)

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
Another Sanbi Post.
« on: August 31, 2015, 07:49:04 PM »

So, Today marks the 22nd day since the end of the current 3-tailed Jincks grace period, without a commencement of any battle between the Jinck, and the first challenger.

I was told from the first challenger that he will not begin any sort of Rp with her until the RP in Iwagakure is finished, which by now has been going on for more than a month, and continues onward.

Now, I have been patient for over 3 weeks for this thing to just start, and frankly I think it is quite unfair to make someone wait for a village wide RP to finish before a bijuu battle is to start. Due to this, I am now making a push to remove the first challenger from his spot, and allow the Bijuu to be rightfully fought for.

If any of you think I am in the wrong for this, leave your constructive opinions here, same goes if agree with my stance.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Re: Another Sanbi Post.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 07:54:09 PM »

Mind you, I am only joining this seemingly, never ending discussion only now. Riku has spent months simply trying to get a challenge and these 'rules' or whatever that are stopping him seems quite pointless and in other words, B.S. lol

I mean seriously, I joke with him through PM's if he's ever going to finally get a chance, but damn.....you guys are making it seem like my joke is a hurtful truth. >>; Let the man fight or something :o

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 08:14:30 PM »

Ok, I should have expected to see another Sanbi post, don't know why this surprised me.

I basically see the timeline going like this.
  • Iwa fight ends in 3 months (Considering the pace, and what is still left to do, 3 months is low balling it in my opinion)
  • Once the iwa fight is actually over, Deathstroke and Eiko will fight with an estimated duration of 2 months. I say that because of the inactivity of Eiko more than Deathstroke.
  • Then, if deathstroke is somehow defeated, then maybe Riku gets to fight within a month of the match ending. A say a month because I know how you all love to seem to drag Riku through the mud with the only quest I have ever seen him actually take on with such seriousness.

Now there are a few other variables, but lets stick with the basics. For example if Deathstroke does in fact win, then that's another two weeks on top of the 5+ months Riku has waited. This is getting crazy people, it has come to a point where significant portions of Riku's life is being wasted by the three tails being held above his head just out of arms reach like a schoolyard bully picking on the short kid.

If someone had been waiting for my beast after such a long time, I would give him a fight out of respect and admiration for the dedication it takes to bitch about this non stop.

Honestly if this could be the last Sanbi thread, that would be just great.

My vote? Same as it always was. Fight the man. Honestly by the time Deathstroke gets out of Iwa, the fight will have ended already and he can fight whoever has the beast at the end. He is completely locked in character, why not let the guy who is ready and willing right this freaking moment a chance. 

As a side note, I would like to add that y'all don't have to get in Skype calls with this guy >.> Please, do me a favor and let him fight so I can stop listening to him cry.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 08:28:45 PM »

Votes to void the tailed beast thus making this subject pointless.

If not that... Make him wait just for shits and gigs.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 09:19:01 PM »

Wow. "...22nd day since the end of the current 3-tailed Jincks grace period, without a commencement of any battle between the Jinck, and the first challenger...I was told from the first challenger that he will not begin any sort of Rp with her until the RP in Iwagakure is finished, "

When I see people doing staggered RP, that's not an excuse to delay the fight.
And if the match is OOC, then that's really not an excuse to delay the fight. >.>

Just putting in my opinion about the matter and I feel bad for the guy.
#thestruggleISreal

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 10:04:09 PM »

If I can do something about it let me know.

I challenged Eiko before her challenge preferences were made so I was already in Iwa when I found out the rules.

I told Yujo that, to my understanding, he would have to wait for me to finish my rp in Iwa because I have to hunt Eiko down IC before the fight begins.

If I can do that rp at the same time as the one in Iwa, or just start the fight with Eiko, I will. I did not think I could though.

I can't say I understand Yujo's self-imposed torture over this subject. I asked why it matters how long he waits since he can just do other rp instead and he told me this is the only thing on the site that matters to him, so he is unsurprisingly impatient as he apparently has nothing else here that interests him in the mean time. I don't honestly know what he's doing here then but that's not really the point.

I told Yujo I was more interested in fighting Eiko than him due to the vast difference in power between them, and because the melee battle she proposed is interesting to me. So I am hoping there is something we can do here that will still allow me to challenge Eiko.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 11:06:32 PM »

If the IC hosts kept no lists and just had to deal with rp as it hit them, that would proceed perhaps a bit more smoothly.

It may require them to more active in RP and/or 'constantly' check what's going on RP-wise in their respective villages to see who's 'hunting' them. Like what if they miss an RP post from a challenger that was submitted a week ago. >.>

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 11:11:58 PM »

If there is IC to happening then it must end before more rp can be done. Simply because the outcome could alter the rp to come.

What if he fight and losses to this challenger then goes on to be stripped in the IC rp? Then there would be an issue of who was the actual winner of the beast.

Plus we should always remember IC trumps OOC any day.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 11:33:17 PM »

Back to my house analogy (it's a hobby, I like it. Hush.):

I submit my application (challenge) to purchase (fight) the house (jinch). My application is accepted and I realize now, "oh crap, I don't have the down payment to offer up because that money is tied up on another housing investment I made."

Well, logically you now have to weigh the options of which is more important to you for an investment. House A or House B. You don't have the resources to invest in both houses (iic == iic, you cannot be in two iic places at once), and you can't invest the same money on both houses, because it just doesn't work like that.

So, as a real estate investor (jinch), you do not own the house (bijuu). Your job is to follow the rules to redistribute this house or at least grant any potential buyer the chance to do so. That said, you cannot hold someone in line when they're a potential person and the initial buyer is now tied up somehow.

TL;DR, Eicocoa has to fight Riku.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 11:39:07 PM »

Back to my house analogy (it's a hobby, I like it. Hush.):

I submit my application (challenge) to purchase (fight) the house (jinch). My application is accepted and I realize now, "oh crap, I don't have the down payment to offer up because that money is tied up on another housing investment I made."

Well, logically you now have to weigh the options of which is more important to you for an investment. House A or House B. You don't have the resources to invest in both houses (iic == iic, you cannot be in two iic places at once), and you can't invest the same money on both houses, because it just doesn't work like that.

So, as a real estate investor (jinch), you do not own the house (bijuu). Your job is to follow the rules to redistribute this house or at least grant any potential buyer the chance to do so. That said, you cannot hold someone in line when they're a potential person and the initial buyer is now tied up somehow.

TL;DR, Eicocoa has to fight Riku.

An interesting analogy that I feel fits the bill pretty well.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 11:58:14 PM »

According to Rusuka, the RP that Deathstroke is in may finish in 3 mths while the fight between Deathstroke and Eiko would end in 2 mths. So you might as well as let Riku have the first crack at the Jink then. In either case of Riku winning or losing, Deathstroke would be free from RP by then to have his crack at the Jink anyway. This all based on Rusuka's 'time duration' assumption. >.>

I also agree with Rai's analogy.

I would like to think that it is the duty of every member to read the village board and keep up to date on the rp site wide as much as possible. This is useful when doing rp so you know what is going on, as in Iwa...who knew there was a huge storm happening there?

--> the people who read the previous rp and kept up to date, that's who!

Kay, I don't agree with that because the site is first and foremost a gaming site. RP is second. >.>

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 12:30:56 AM »

If I can do something about it let me know.

I challenged Eiko before her challenge preferences were made so I was already in Iwa when I found out the rules.

I told Yujo that, to my understanding, he would have to wait for me to finish my rp in Iwa because I have to hunt Eiko down IC before the fight begins.

If I can do that rp at the same time as the one in Iwa, or just start the fight with Eiko, I will. I did not think I could though.

I can't say I understand Yujo's self-imposed torture over this subject. I asked why it matters how long he waits since he can just do other rp instead and he told me this is the only thing on the site that matters to him, so he is unsurprisingly impatient as he apparently has nothing else here that interests him in the mean time. I don't honestly know what he's doing here then but that's not really the point.

I told Yujo I was more interested in fighting Eiko than him due to the vast difference in power between them, and because the melee battle she proposed is interesting to me. So I am hoping there is something we can do here that will still allow me to challenge Eiko.

A few things: I told you that you could do them both at the same time, weeks ago (I will dig up the Pms if they still exist) and you did nothing about it at all, so taking the stance of ignorance now, simply doesn't suffice.

I asked you to just hand over the spot to me, so that I could battle her while you did your thing in Iwa, and you declined that offer as well.

And I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about when you said, unsurprisingly impatient, as I have waited 22 days for you two to begin fighting, on top of the 2 months I worked to strip Isa and get this ball rolling, so please get off of your high horse dude and reevaluate that judgment.

There is no clear justifiable excuse that I was made to wait this long, and frankly, giving Deathstroke the fight after waiting this long, after being told that he was wrong about not having to wait for the Rp in Iwa to be finished would just be heresy.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 01:02:37 AM »

... I would suggest that hosts who wish IC matches might want to not have challenger lists in the future to prevent such a scenario from occurring again...

No, that's not going to work unless challenge lists are outright done away with. Most of the jinchs require an IC portion (really a full RP fight, but the hybridization continues) consisting of knowledge and/or luring into a battle. That would mean that many of the current jinchs would not have challenge lists at all, and just short of going back to free-for-all biju matches, there would not even be a point of a challenge at all.

In contrast, if IC is first come first serve and everything is IC (as it should be btw) then we get to the issue of "nah brah, I been here like, a month just waiting to get into the gate, you show up and go through, bias bias!" and all that kind of nonsense.

... I told Yujo that, to my understanding, he would have to wait for me to finish my rp in Iwa because I have to hunt Eiko down IC before the fight begins.

If I can do that rp at the same time as the one in Iwa, or just start the fight with Eiko, I will. I did not think I could though...

To make you choose between which RP's you want the most is a tortorous way to go about it in my opinion, but you made your challenge while engaged in the other RP (from what I've read) with the understanding that you were the first challenger on the list (and a topic no doubt alerted you that there was someone patiently waiting).

My suggestion would be that if you really want to challenge still, negotiate that the IC finding quest be nulled (you would locate her and ID her as a host eventually anyways per the biju rules, so this just saves time) and you two just skip to the fight (IC or OOC). If IC, I doubt your fight will take as long as the Iwa RP due to fewer participants (then again, it's starting to wrap up from what I read) while if it is OOC it is irrevelent whether you are still in RP or not.

While I personally find that reasonable (the rules are fairly silent on what to do in the case of busy or missing challengers though skip is the implied for the latter) in the past I once skipped over a challenger (two actually) because they had other obligations.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8031.0.html

Batou and Ichirou (battle 3 I might add) which brought character Rikudo up in the line to fight. Long story short is that there was not much of a huge deal made about it because neither challenger protested (I talked to Ichirou about it, not so much Batou, I believe I asked around if I could skip him before doing so though) and I wanted to get the list moving.

I'm curious, what is the opinion of the current host on the matter? It is his/her responsibility to keep the list moving, whether she/he was aware of that or not, so I'm intrigued on what steps may have been taken to remedy this situation on his/her end. The general vibe I am getting is to skip Deathstroke with Raifudo's analogy as a summary of reasoning for it.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 01:14:10 AM »

and of course, i don't agree Raifudo. I think it is silly for challengers to sit around doing nothing while their turn comes up, to lose their turn once it does, or to be forced to quit their rp once it has. RP is down enough as it is without the bijuu now removing potential RPers from activity about the site.

It's my sleep deprivation, sorry. But can you elaborate where you stand? I'm not sure if you're saying you agree with me or disagree. I'm not sure if you're saying it's unfair for people to lose their turn in line to fight a bijuu if the bijuu goes to someone else. So on.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 02:49:48 AM »

Yujo, that's blatantly false. You told me I could do an IC rp and an OOC bijuu fight at the same time. I said I know that, but Eiko makes you do an IC rp to find her before you can do that OOC fight, so it would have to wait for me to finish my Iwa rp. I asked Eiko if she would be willing to skip the IC part and just do the fight, because you were having a small stroke over having to wait, but she said no.

This is not the first time you're twisting what has happened to try and make it benefit you either, which is disturbing.

I didn't realize it mattered because I thought this was a game for fun, not all this melodrama. I don't care about having to wait for posts in Iwa and such because I do other things in the mean time. Since Yujo is doing nothing he is antsy.

Yes, Eric, I challenged Eiko and she said she had to set up her rules and such before we would be able to begin, but before then I had already been contracted IC to go to Iwa. She said she was going to be busy for a bit and so that was fine we'd start when I was done.

I guess I just wasn't really clear on the general mind set of the community. It seemed to be that the bijuu are just kind of a secondary thing you can do while you rp, so I thought nothing of someone waiting while I was getting ready to do my challenge, because in my mind you're playing the game and the bijuu don't matter that much. I didn't realize I was going to get yelled at for rping on an rp site. I would understand perhaps if I had challenged her knowing what her rules were going to be and decided to lock myself in an rp in spite of that but that isn't what happened. It seems unfair to punish someone for choosing to rp because of how someone decided to set their rules up afterward.

I guess the short story is I thought it doesn't matter how long you wait because this is just a small facet of rp on this site. Unfortunately for me the one person waiting behind me is a person where this is the only thing that matters to him.

I will message Eiko and see if she would like to skip the IC hunt and fight me or skip me and fight Yujo.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.