Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Mortal Kombat! [Eiko vs. Deathstroke | Bijuu Match]  (Read 2505 times)

Court

• View Profile
Mortal Kombat! [Eiko vs. Deathstroke | Bijuu Match]
« on: September 06, 2015, 06:21:15 PM »

Terms to the Bijuu OOC match between myself and Deathstroke. I will be posting the starting post shortly (do not take that last word literally):

-The match is to be 1v1.

-Victory for the challenger is the defeat of the host through any means necessary (within the terms/conditions), and vice versa. Death in the fight does NOT equate to death IC (Hence OOC portion).

-Skills acquired during an OOC match are not carried over IC. Similarly, knowledge of participants' abilities do NOT carry over to IC RP -- nor can one take anything except the Bijuu.

-Basically, you're taking what you want if I lose and that's all you're getting. You walk away happy with Crab Turtle and I walk away with a clean slate.

-Time Constraint - Deathstroke and I are in no rush, as such, if one is busy and relays that information to the other, then I personally don't care (and neither does he) that he posts a day after the week rule set in stone. But, the week rule will still apply, unless one requests another day or two because of RL issue. This is our fight, and I'd ask that our fight REMAIN OUR FIGHT (Do not get involved unless you are a judge or moderator in the event someone who shouldn't be posting in the thread posts).

-Terms/Conditions - A show of writing and RP skill through fist and foot. Literally just hand to hand -- no chakra, no weapons, no jutsu, no bijuu, literally fighting with the body. This fight will be considered fun and, possibly, practice for challenger and host! (For those of you reading this, this is really the only way fights should be conducted, in my personal opinion, because it helps promote growth in the basic foundation of RP -- using power crutches doesn't make you a better fighter if you can't understand the basics).

-Judges - Shadow (Deathstroke) and Dart (Eiko); in the event that another judge is needed, we can probably agree upon another.

- Deathstroke and I personally ask that others do not complain about the fight in a thread or post in the fight. We are capable enough to settle it ourselves, be whatever the issue may, and there is a solid reason as to why a judge is needed in the event that we can't. If you are not a judge or moderator, do not get involved, please.

- I believe that's it for now.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
Re: Mortal Kombat! [Eiko vs. Deathstroke | Bijuu Match]
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 01:46:14 AM »

I agree to all the above stated thingamajigs. I now realize we didn't talk about who was going first but it usually seems to be the defender, so I will let Eiko make the first post and decide the zone and such.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 04:13:58 AM »

[Area: Open Dojo, meaning that there are pillars but no outer wall. It reveals a feng-shui, tranquil landscape with gardens, sand, streams, etc -- but the fight will take place within the dojo... one would hope.]

The short woman, adorned in semi-loose fitting attire that promoted nigh flexibility, awaited the challenger with a heightened patience, standing in the center of a dojo with proper mats and flooring. It was barren of both life and design, stripped of weaponry or disturbances such as witnesses to this occasion. Eiko stood alone with bare hands -- no weapons were needed, required for this endeavor. Her attire consisted of a form fitting shirt with long sleeves, typical shinobi pants and the knee-high sandal-boots. While the dojo lacked an outer wall, it still maintained the property that it was secluded, almost deserted. Outside was filled with a garden and landscape dedicated to feng-shui -- to disturb the peaceful and gentle nature of the environment was frowned upon. Besides, the two combatants would have all the room required to condone business within the dojo. There was no need to literally take their skirmish outside.

The half mask obscured her maw and nose, but her goldenrod-oculars scanned the vicinity in search of the challenger's approach. No armor was upon her frame, as asked for the terms and conditions, and the woman was, truthfully, used to traveling light. She'd subdue the beast to the best of her ability -- for it was a fight of sheer martial arts, unarmed combat that she'd hopefully find at its finest.

As she limbered up, taking deep breaths to abolish any new-found anxiety, Eiko harnessed the tranquility of the surroundings. She allowed the gentle noise of the streams, the wind, and the proverbial nature sounds to soothe her soul. Still. The time for relaxation would soon be over -- the challenger was inevitably coming. Otherwise, for what other purpose would she be in that exact location?

"Shit." She muttered softly, pulling her hair into a tight bun; the irony of her sole word in such a respectful, peaceful place almost made her internally laugh. Eiko really didn't want to fight, but, the least she could do was perceive this challenge as practice for her. While she didn't want to part ways with Boku, since their bond was still growing -- and she felt that she still needed time with the friendly, shy beast -- Eiko knew that the possibility of losing was another outcome that could easily happen. She'd perform her best, however, to make that difficult.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 04:16:22 AM by Court »

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 09:57:52 AM »

Deathstroke would appear in the woman's vision dead ahead of her, making no effort to conceal his approach as he calmly walked to the Dojo from abroad. He too came equipped with no weapons or armor, as was agreed. Instead he wore a tight full body suit, dark grey in color, which covered his entire body below the head. It was actually what he always wore under his armor as it was a special suit that could adjust to the environment, retaining heat in the cold, becoming water retardant, and so on, though it would provide no more physical protection than a normal set of gloves, shoes, and clothing. Over his face he wore a cloth version of his normal mask, the right half completely black, and the left half orange. There was a white mark on the left side in the shape of an eye. Looking out from it was fine, but looking at the mask from the outside would just see a white patch, his body was indeed completely hidden.

He could see Eiko too, of course, and kept his eye on her as he made his way through the garden path and up to the floor of the dojo. He held his arms crossed behind his back as he approached her, observing her further now that he was closer. Standing at six feet tall he had nearly a full foot on the woman and from the look of her he was probably nearly double her weight as well. Even now, before the beginning of the fight, his mind was formulating a strategy lighting-fast.

*I've got reach and strength on her, but she'll be quick. My right side is the obvious blind spot so she'll likely try and come from there and use her low profile to try and slip under my guard. Wait and see her stance, that will tell you more about how she plans to fight. If she takes the defense keep the pressure on her till she makes a mistake, if she makes the first move withstand it and strike her through it...*

His brain processed these thoughts and many others at an incredible rate, one that would seem chaotic to anyone else, but for Deathstroke it was the norm of breaking down the fight before it had even begun. As he walked across the mats he would stop thirty feet from the woman and perform a short bow, one shallow enough to continue watching her.

"My apologies if I've kept you waiting very long. If there's nothing you'd like to say before we begin then I'm ready whenever you are."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:03:30 PM by Deathstroke »

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 05:50:27 AM »

The man did not spare any extra time in his approach. He was detected by sight rather swiftly, considering he emerged from the scenery directly in her line of vision ahead. It wasn't surprising, at the least: she knew the male was coming, also expected that he'd arrive in proper attire, as she had also done. Thankfully, he adhered to the terms and conditions, noting that his clothing looked just like fabric -- no armor, check. While she lacked the knowledge of his suit's mystical properties, Eiko figured that it would serve no purpose in this fight; well, to an extent. It seemed both cherished obscurity and privacy, retaining a hidden appearance, mostly; he adorned a full mask, which might have impaired his sight slightly, while she sported a half-mask of fabric. Either way, it seemed the two had a similarity.

Her goldenrod eyes trailed Deathstroke's frame as he moved closer, inching into the dojo and shying from the garden outside. She noticed that his arms rested behind his back, but her ocasional awkwardness at first made her wonder if he had amputations? She dismissed the thought quickly with a shake of her head -- hopefully the man wouldn't see it as an insult. It was just her mind being strange, perhaps even humorous.

Sure, the gap of height and weight could well be a factor in the fight, but one thing Eiko learned was to avoid estimating the abilities of an opponent. To her, she considered her opponent on equal standing -- each had their weaknesses, each had their strengths, definitely, but she could utilize her physical strength in different ways if it meant she'd be one step closer to taking her opponent down. The main focus was finding balance, finding the middle-ground. She wouldn't size her opponent up, not right away (entirely), but analyze, observe; albeit, she, too, was doing it as well. Gather the extra information through experience? Possibly. She did find his mask strange, unique... hm, did it allude to something?

He executed some semblance of honor, dipping low into a shallow bow. She returned the gesture with an almost-equal depth, muttering. "It's not a problem. Hm..." Her voice trailed as her stand became erect once more, shrugging. "I can't say for certain that I have any questions or comments, so... sure. Would you like to start?" She asked, limbering up once more. She rolled her shoulders and arms one at a time, followed by bending her knees so that her legs weren't straightly locked. She didn't shift her stance yet, waiting to see what his response would be; either physical or verbal. They weren't close enough yet for unarmed combat, but assuming he'd approach swiftly, the gap would likely be closed. She'd assume they were roughly 10 feet apart, if anything? Not too far, not too close, the middle-point. Just right?

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 07:26:50 AM »

"Very well."

He would uncross his arms from behind his back and take a step toward Eiko with his arms hanging at his side. Suddenly, he'd clench his fists and dash forward, intent on clearing the short distance immediately. His left arm would hang near his waist while his right arm would stay up guarding his chin.

As soon as he got within his arm's reach of her, which should be a bit out of her own arm's length, he'd start to throw quick flurries of jabs with his left hand, aiming at her head. He'd quickly flick his fist up from where it hovered at waist level and aim to strike her face. His fist was held quite loosely as it traveled and would only snap shut just before the point of contact, cracking outward and using the added momentum to then rebound back to his body, ready to quickly launch again. The punches, called flicker jabs, are actually quite weak, and would not hurt much more than hard slaps to the face. However since they are such low energy they can be thrown en masse and at a higher speed than normal punches.

The jabs are of an unusual sort and someone unfamiliar with the boxing style might not have seen them before, hopefully this would add more to deal with on top of the flurry of punches. The plan was twofold, bombard Eiko to see how she would respond under a high pressure attack and use the quick jabs to open her up, force her to make a mistake, and leave herself open for more serious damage.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 05:32:21 AM »

When the male completed his miniature, dual-worded statement, Eiko released a small breath; an action that permitted her to ease her frame, relax her muscles. She observed as he uncrossed his arms from behind his back and took a solitary step frontward at her. She found herself curious as to how he would approach this situation, as well as how quickly he would engage her. By the time his hands hung at his sides, and his digits clenched into fist, he was in motion. Without skipping a heartbeat, the two were closer than ever.

As her goldenrod orbs locked onto his frame, she took note of how rapidly he closed the gap, at least for the reach of his arms. Without much warning despite muscle movement (which was plenty enough to signal Eiko), a rapid set of attacks were thrown in her direction; quick flicks of the male’s hands and towards her face, digits snapped shut just as the fist shifted to connect with her visage. Had she not moved, she would have learned the strength of this attack, but she would not stand idle for the most part. Already, she was driven on the defensive; cranium shifted left and right to avoid the punches as they came.

Soon enough, her feet came into the mix; left foot slid back first, followed by the right appendage to put a small fraction of distance between the two. Had the man advanced toward her when she retreated, she would continue backwards, little by little to avoid the wild blows toward her face. In admittance, the attacks put her under a great deal of pressure because of how much she had to avoid them while her goldenrod orbs shifted left and right to watch their steady approach. This only lessened with each step of her retreat, simply because of how much of his frame was within her sights.

Having noticed how little effort he put into his quick punches, she came to realize playing defensive alone, and this early in the match, would not do her much good, especially if he had not been giving it his all. Perhaps now would be the best time to pick things up. Eiko pressed her right foot down, and with it, a majority of her weight, which allowed her to shift her body towards the opponent's left direction. This action gave birth to a spin towards her right, since she used the tips of her right toes as an anchor, in what seemed to be a half of a second or less. And although her back turned towards her opponent as she conducted a counterclockwise spin for nothing more than an brief instance, she kept him within her view through the use of vision produced via the corner of her right eye and then the left. Her frame was close, crouched slightly, in hopes to further evade any onslaught of his hands.

Now, with her left foot on the ground and her anterior facing the male, since the spin ended, she moved forward and aimed to slide between his defenses. Since his previous attacks were focused on the front, and she was now coming in from the side (particularly his left), she hoped to be allowed the chance to bring her right arm up and deliver a quick punch towards the male's left extended tricep. The strike was single, which allowed it to be precise. Nevertheless, it was not the focus of her strength. Since most of her weight was on her left leg, at this point, she followed up the punch with a thrust of her left hand towards his ribs. The power of this punch would be guided by her weight, which meant the impact would be that much stronger. Plus, since he was in the process of possible throwing jabs, his chest-rib area would be exposed, more or less.

One would think she placed herself in a bad position, having aimed two strikes, and then leaned into her weight. But they would be wrong. She was small, agile, so movements did not take much effort. Her right foot pressed down while her right arm retracted, and she, with the aid of her right foot--which was placed in line with her right shoulder, but behind her left foot--aimed to retreat backwards and put distance between the both of them again. The distance would be small, but it was distance no less -- enough to likely dodge. Because of his height, too, Eiko's arms were high enough to protect from his counter... should there be one.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 12:14:02 AM »

He would continue to press forward with his attacks as the woman back-stepped, he would not make it that easy for her.

As she spun to the side he would turn his head to make sure to keep her completely in view.

As she threw her first punch his arm was fully extended and, due to the advantageous nature of the flicker jab, would use the momentum of the punch to yank his arm back to the ready position quite abruptly. It would not make her punch miss his arm but it did make it a glancing blow, the damage low. More importantly it would put him in position to completely block her second, stronger strike, from hitting his ribs.

With his left arm back at the ready position around his waist, right near where her punch was aimed, he was able to move his arm and position his elbow between her fist and his ribs. That joint is the sharpest one in the human body and by using it to block the punch he would force Eiko's hand to take as much damage as it was planning to dish out. Since she had thrown her weight into the punch it would cause any normal human hand/fingers to break.

The two punches combined would also disable Deathstroke's left arm, though Eiko would soon find out that it might be more temporary than she would expect.

Assuming everything happened as stated above Deathstroke would then attempt to take advantage of his defense and turn to face Eiko directly before quickly throwing a hard kick with his right leg, sweeping it near the ground to aim at Eiko's left ankle, hopefully while she was still distracted by the assumed pain in her broken fingers and such. Should his blow connect its strength should be more than sufficient to take her off of her feet and fracture the ankle.

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 05:26:54 AM »

[Apologies for the delay, been a tad busy with my life and schedule.]

Swift and agile, nimble upon her feet, as fluid as any adroit martial artist, Eiko was technically already in the process of fleeing, in a sense; her petite, slender frame already was taking a step to break the close quarters combat -- provided by the soft, light touch of her feet along the dojo flooring aforementioned previously. Despite her efforts to land a blow, which, even if he yanked his arm, would it still be considered a glancing blow? Or would the mere location of her jab change, not necessarily the power behind it? Perhaps further detail was required, but for the most part, he hadn't really evaded the strike, just moved his arm -- so how would that deter the force landed upon his flesh? Even still, the hit was successful either way, something Eiko was pleased -- even only slightly -- about. She had another pressing matter to attend to, and that was the same arm launching to subdue the hand that aimed for his ribcage. Her eyes were ever watchful, reflexes instinctively rapid.

Truthfully, was it even plausible for his arm to quickly deter two attacks, in that regard, when it was right in quick succession and fashion, merely no time to spare in between each thrust of punches? It was debatable, surely. One thing that was strange was, perhaps, the nature of location of where his left arm settled. The waist? The ribcage was an entirely different region, unless it was between the fine line of both areas. Still, considering it was her left arm, it was almost effortless to ward off the elbow strike -- she knew the dangers of strong components within the body, but his the entire direction of his elbow strike was a tad unclear. If she didn't, she'd hardly be considered a Kaguya. And, well, even one who studied taijutsu as religiously as her one have a hardened exterior for combat; to say that a break or dislocation would occur was questionable, at best.

However, she didn't need to truly hit the ribcage. To evade any injury, the woman shifted gears with her left arm, utilizing the same kickback of a motion as Deathstroke had performed except her arm decided to duck downward and more outward, away from his cause -- this would separate elbow and hand, causing the collision to miss it's mark entirely. And, well, considering her previous fleeting motion, the distance between the two would only grow further. For now, she settled on a jab hit and run, assuming all went well. Arms eventually returned stationed to block both her ribs and cranium, cocked like a boxing stance, while the distance that separated the two lightly informed her of the motions Deathstroke began to undergo -- her eyes observed, fired electrical impulses to help her body in reacting.

He soon faced her, the muscles of his body hinting that a kick was in gear. Thankfully some distance provided reassurance of a probable deflection, her own body countering with a simple gesture: she jumped back once more, which was enough to once again separate the distance between the two, even for his greater stature and longer stride. As her frame seemingly skidded along the dojo flooring, feet lightly bouncing back, Eiko readied herself for another ambush, or for her own offensive attack. But, for now, she remained wary and cautious.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 02:00:17 AM »

I would like to officially concede this fight. I'm a lot more busy than I thought I was going to be, and I think this is going to take much longer at this rate than is reasonable. If I even do win I'm probably going to lose it to the first person who is strict with the posting time limits.

The winner of the match is Eiko.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 16 queries.