Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Name of the village will be....

Amegakure
- 23 (41.8%)
Uzushiogakure
- 32 (58.2%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: October 20, 2015, 04:30:27 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: New Village Proposition?  (Read 34207 times)

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Re: New Village Proposition?
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2015, 12:30:24 AM »

Added a poll to this ;)

Thank you for the opportunity Neji.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2015, 01:28:12 AM »

Looks like Uzushio is on the winning lead, yo.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2015, 01:32:21 AM »

Looks like Uzushio is on the winning lead, yo.

More members to vote for it.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2015, 02:48:05 AM »

Why not just have the two have a clan war over it? Winner takes the village board and the loser goes into que.

You're essentially asking for Uzu vs Kage.

If no hands are barred, I think that's a pretty fair fight.  8)

heck, I might would even enlist on the Ame side. I'm mildly surprised to see them beaten so thoroughly in the polls so far.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2015, 03:00:10 AM »

Why not just have the two have a clan war over it? Winner takes the village board and the loser goes into que.

You're essentially asking for Uzu vs Kage.

If no hands are barred, I think that's a pretty fair fight.  8)

heck, I might would even enlist on the Ame side. I'm mildly surprised to see them beaten so thoroughly in the polls so far.

A fight like that would just incur more fighting on the forums here. The poll is the only thing Neji will take into account when picking the village.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2015, 03:35:21 AM »

Neji told you that Shadow? Poll is a common tool used to gauge the feeling of a populace about a particular issue or product, and does not mean the same thing as vote. He is polling opinions, not necessarily leaving it up for us to decide. I know I have not asked him what he intends to do, so can't make that assumption one way or the other. He may have his own reasons, preferences, mechanics issues, for going one way or the other or choosing neither in the end. To say what he is going to do is pure speculation without having his definitive word on the matter.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2015, 03:38:16 AM »

I'll pick my words better next time. No I can't say what he'll take into account, but he added the poll for a reason.

I meant more or less in terms of Eric's reply with the fighting to see who gets it.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2015, 04:01:16 AM »

First time Amegakure had been mentioned to be added - 2006
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,217.msg4740.html#msg4740

Second time - 2006
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,1531.msg25070.html#msg25070

Third time - 2007
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,2267.msg39821.html#msg39821

Fourth time - 2007
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,4171.msg96916.html#msg96916

Fifth time, where Iwa, Kumo and Kusa were suggested along with it - 2008
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,5728.msg154444.html#msg154444

First time Ame/Rain ninja had been added to the site as forest enemies - 2007
http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,3533.msg67993.html#msg67993

I'm just saying, that it's been suggested continually by different amounts of members as a new village and race, throughout the site's history for the past 9 years. It was even implemented on the beta server for a time as Hoshigakure's replacement.

9 years, as opposed to less than a year. I don't want to start a fight over it, but others through the years have been kinda patient about it. I joined in with them sometime down the line.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2015, 04:25:47 AM »

Poll will the final verdict.
It seems as tough we like to make matters more complicated...

Progress should be the goal, followed by adjustments.

And times have changed.
We will curtail SL not from the past, but what current members want.
It is about the now and members currently playing SL. =)

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2015, 04:29:04 AM »

Uzumaki gonna win by a landslide. Bet.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2015, 04:35:13 AM »

Yes, another source of strife is the last thing we need, so I agree with you in disagreeing with Eric's suggestion, serious or otherwise as his intent may be.

I would prefer a way of appeasing both, but still tend toward the Ame preference. As Kage so aptly demonstrated, it has been waiting a long, long time for this. The current fad of Red-headed infinite chakra pool accounts is secondary in my opinion as to the physical land boards of the realm and how it should fit in to the over all geography of places that require a large public posting arena. So many places about Ame would then be opened for rp that are not subject to the police force of the village boundaries, as is the case in the clan halls.

Well it is a shame then Ace, that 2 of Ame's more vocal posters were driven away from SL due to their inability to behave while addressing conflicts in rp with Uzushiogakure members. I myself left the clan due to my lack of desire to be forced into yet another war mongering rp scenario.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2015, 05:18:16 AM »

I think this needs to be more than Forum elites deciding.

Neji please put up a call for all SL members to come here and vote on this issue on the site MoTD. If voting is going to be the deciding factor, then it needs to be made aware to the SL population, not exclusively the Forum population. Meanwhile I am spamming clan heads with this message.

Can you send out a clan message to alert people to this vote?
======
Neji put up a poll on the forums about which new village to add.
the choices are Amegakure and Uzushiogakre. You have 10 days. Please go vote. If you do not have a forum account, make one. Then pm Ace here on SL to activate the account so that he knows you are not a spam bot. Make sure to tell him what the forum account name is in case it is different than your SL account name. Thank you!

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8561.msg225206.html#new

Thank you.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2015, 05:20:51 AM »

Even though I voted for Uzu, I agree with Kayenta's idea. I've met several players on the site who stay away from the forum mainly because of all of the shenanigans that we get ourselves into here. If there's a way to possibly do a site-wide poll, I think that would be great! We could finally reach out to the voices who don't want to be heard here. (and there's several newer players who probably never even knew about the forums lol)
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2015, 05:27:37 AM »

I don't recall if the MOTD can hold a poll. Even so a lot of players ignore that section of SL.

The only thing Neji could do to my knowledge is post it in the MOTD. As I said however people ignore it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2015, 06:16:51 AM »

Yes, another source of strife is the last thing we need, so I agree with you in disagreeing with Eric's suggestion, serious or otherwise as his intent may be.

I would prefer a way of appeasing both, but still tend toward the Ame preference. As Kage so aptly demonstrated, it has been waiting a long, long time for this. The current fad of Red-headed infinite chakra pool accounts is secondary in my opinion as to the physical land boards of the realm and how it should fit in to the over all geography of places that require a large public posting arena. So many places about Ame would then be opened for rp that are not subject to the police force of the village boundaries, as is the case in the clan halls.

Well it is a shame then Ace, that 2 of Ame's more vocal posters were driven away from SL due to their inability to behave while addressing conflicts in rp with Uzushiogakure members. I myself left the clan due to my lack of desire to be forced into yet another war mongering rp scenario.

It was part joke, part seriousness. Jokey enough for me to let it die without a fight, but serious enough that I did actually want to see what thoughts were on that.

And you know, you would probably find fewer war-mongering RPs if you didn't have a foot in so many doors around SL, not that that is a bad thing per say. Konoha has been fairly quiet since the Fall came around, Suna has been fairly quiet for awhile as well to my knowledge. Ame presumably was fairly quiet till recently, Kiri has had an off-on situation (mostly due to tailed beasts). I'm not very aware of the situation in Kumo or Uzio, but Iwa has/will likely quiet down once the whole "kick out The Akatsuki" thing is over.

I don't recall if the MOTD can hold a poll. Even so a lot of players ignore that section of SL.

The only thing Neji could do to my knowledge is post it in the MOTD. As I said however people ignore it.

If people ignore even the sitewide MoTD, then I don't even.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.