Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

Name of the village will be....

Amegakure
- 23 (41.8%)
Uzushiogakure
- 32 (58.2%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: October 20, 2015, 04:30:27 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: New Village Proposition?  (Read 34196 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: New Village Proposition?
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2015, 06:45:26 AM »

At least the site wide MoTD is a pop-up, and the last post in there actually appears in the village for a second somehow...I saw it there upon log in on numerous occasions. not the village but the screen that pops up before you enter the realm...ah-ha! the Daily News Page! So this greatly increases the chances of more people hearing about this poll than it just being mentioned here on the forum. For certain if it is not on the SL MoTD, those who do not come here will not see it. ;)

A poll on the SL MoTD would not be good cause I have like 10K alts...and so do others.

And Eric...I like having options and rping all over. It's mostly fun. What is not fun is waiting over a week for one character's turn to finally roll around in public rp. A girl, this girl, has to have something to keep her busy. Afterall, a bored Kayenta is a dangerous thing!

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2015, 06:03:36 PM »

at the time of this post looking at the pole if you consider if this poll gets the same number of voters as the Biju Poll which was 33. Even if the remaining 4  go in favor to Ame.  Uzushiogakure would still win by 3 votes.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2015, 06:11:34 PM »

But the wild card here is the possibility of people joining the forums, as opposed to our comparatively-small band of people here.

There are also those who have been on the site before, to come back. And with that as well, they will see that Konoha, Kiri, Suna, Kumo, Iwa and Oto have their own village board and village race implemented. All that's left for their former dreams to come true are Ame and Kusa.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2015, 07:50:33 PM »

Hey.
What is stopping people from making several emails and making forum and SL accounts?
Then people can just let a village win easily.
So mods got to watch out. I am not sure if you guys can view the IP of the users but yeah.......
Poll might not be the best way to decide. Also I'd like an rp battle and also why not make both villages since it'll will probably be the same programming with a few chances if I am correct but I am not a programmer yet so yeah. Also what is SL coded in?(Unrelated question)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2015, 08:03:33 PM »

@ Steel:

Shadow discusses the coding a bit in this thread.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,8577.0.html

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2015, 08:18:24 PM »

This should be good
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2015, 08:24:54 PM »

Hey.
What is stopping people from making several emails and making forum and SL accounts?
So mods got to watch out. I am not sure if you guys can view the IP of the users but yeah.......
Poll might not be the best way to decide. Also I'd like an rp battle and also why not make both villages since it'll will probably be the same programming with a few chances if I am correct but I am not a programmer yet so yeah. Also what is SL coded in?(Unrelated question)

Forum accounts now have to be validated by an admin before they can log on. So chances of people making multiple accounts to stack the odds is greatly decreased.

An RP battle just incurs more fighting. Rather it be avoided at all costs.

Both villages can be made, yes....however as it is we don't want 100 village boards to cater to each clan that doesn't have one.

SL is coded in PHP, HTML, CSS. Has MYSQL Databases, Apache, etc. Linux server more than likely. All good stuff.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2015, 08:33:37 PM »

Hey.

Forum accounts now have to be validated by an admin before they can log on. So chances of people making multiple accounts to stack the odds is greatly decreased.

Both villages can be made, yes....however as it is we don't want 100 village boards to cater to each clan that doesn't have one.

SL is coded in PHP, HTML, CSS. Has MYSQL Databases, Apache, etc. Linux server more than likely. All good stuff.

What if an Admin is in on the deal?

PHP, HTML, CSS.... I have not learned them yet.(Busy with Python at the moment @ Codeacademy) Although my brothers both know PHP, HTML, CSS and MYSQL databases they won't help. And of course it has a Linux server probably.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2015, 08:36:00 PM »

Hey.

What if an Admin is in on the deal?

PHP, HTML, CSS.... I have not learned them yet.(Busy with Python at the moment @ Codeacademy) Although my brothers both know PHP, HTML, CSS and MYSQL databases they won't help. And of course it has a Linux server probably.

Heh then I guess it's a lost cause! xD

Well they're not at all hard to learn. But this is getting off the topic. :P

Votes shouldn't end up stacked.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2015, 08:46:30 PM »

I hope not. Also Else, if and elif functions are on most languages I think.

Just saying that if the votes are like above 50-70 players I think there is a snake or Oro in the grass....

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2015, 10:01:51 PM »

Honestly, while I want Uzushiogakure as much as the next person, I feel like Amegakure also deserves a village of their own. Shit, they've been asking this for nine years already. If Uzushio happens to win this poll and their village becomes official, I feel like it would be a huge kick in the nuts for Ame. So instead, how about we go for this proposal, since nobody wants to change Hoshigakure, how about we change Jiseigakure to Amegakure instead, ya? It's not like it'll be a huge loss for us, no one bothers to visit Jisei ever anyway, Mount shop and Ichiraku aside. And as far as I'm concerned, the village doesn't exist in the Naruto Universe, so it's not a huge loss for us, RP-wisely.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:05:42 PM by Snap »

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2015, 10:11:46 PM »

Honestly, while I want Uzushiogakure as much as the next person, I feel like Amegakure also deserves a village of their own. Shit, they've been asking this for nine years already. If Uzushio happens to win this poll and their village becomes official, I feel like it would be a huge kick in the nuts for Ame. So instead, how about we go for this proposal, since nobody wants to change Hoshigakure, how about we change Jiseigakure to Amegakure instead, ya? It's not like it'll be a huge loss for us, no one bothers to visit Jisei ever anyway, Mount shop and Ichiraku aside. And as far as I'm concerned, the village doesn't exist in the Naruto Universe, so it's not a huge loss for us, RP-wisely.

The Naruto universe is not the same as the SL universe. :P

It holds it's place in SL as the neutral capitol. The shops there are full of buffs. It's the neutral buff capital.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2015, 10:42:54 PM »

Though one part of this rings true. Amegakure has been wanting their own village much longer than Uzu has been.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2015, 11:31:56 PM »

The Naruto universe is not the same as the SL universe. :P

It holds it's place in SL as the neutral capitol. The shops there are full of buffs. It's the neutral buff capital.

Oh.

Then, like, can't we just like, add both villages into the game and no more? Then everyone's happy, and there'll be no conflicts.
Right?
Right?
Right??
Right?!?

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2015, 01:13:34 AM »

Uzu is bigger, more active, and more user friendly to put it simply. On the other hand Ame is older and has waited longer. Which one justifies it more? Well that's based on the person(s) voting.

For me it's obviously Uzu based on what I already said.

Pretty much how I feel about it. I'm in Uzu's camp, but that should be obvious lol.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.