Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Poll

Name of the village will be....

Amegakure
- 23 (41.8%)
Uzushiogakure
- 32 (58.2%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: October 20, 2015, 04:30:27 PM

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: New Village Proposition?  (Read 34219 times)

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
Re: New Village Proposition?
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2015, 10:00:17 PM »

Heh, it's been awhile since I last saw many people online here in this forum.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2015, 10:20:50 PM »

I can't help but think there's some kind of conspiracy going on around here. >.>

Conspiracy!

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2015, 10:27:51 PM »

I do have to come forward and admit, there is some conspiring here.

The votes for Amegakure come from not only our village, but the people of Sunagakure and Konohagakure have been encouraged to vote for us as well. If that is what a conspiracy is, then yes, three villages have agreed to conspire in this vote for Amegakure. I do plan to ask for some support from other villages as well. But whether or not their people vote one way or another is ultimately up to each individual.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2015, 10:35:36 PM »

The votes for Amegakure come from not only our village, but the people of Sunagakure and Konohagakure have been encouraged to vote for us as well. If that is what a conspiracy is, then yes, three villages have agreed to conspire in this vote for Amegakure. I do plan to ask for some support from other villages as well. But whether or not their people vote one way or another is ultimately up to each individual.

That's kinda messed up. >.>
I thought we were going to have a fair poll but I guess not.

Warren

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2015, 10:39:40 PM »

Have to agree with Mei, that basically defeats the purpose of this lest uzu goes pressuring everyone and their mom to vote for them in turn too.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2015, 10:40:31 PM »

lol I have nothing else to say on this matter. Never knew we were campaigning nor did I remember we were signing up for High School once again. I'll take it that I haven't even advertised this because I, like Mei, thought this was going to be a fair poll. Not surprising at all, really. Well like I said once again, thank you to Neji and Ace for the opportunity.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2015, 10:42:48 PM »

I'm also hearing rumors of alts.

But if this devolves into "begging for votes" I guess I have no choice but to play the same game.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2015, 10:42:59 PM »

That determines what it means for it to be fair. This is the only rules we have from Neji and Ace on this are as followed.

Added a poll to this ;)
Poll will the final verdict.
It seems as tough we like to make matters more complicated...

Progress should be the goal, followed by adjustments.

And times have changed.
We will curtail SL not from the past, but what current members want.
It is about the now and members currently playing SL. =)
Then there are other obvious unstated rules to follow as well, such as no creating SL alts to make forum alts to vote.

But if anything, I see this as an opportunity for more voices to be heard. The new forumers have a new-found power that they should be aware of. Their vote and voice. This extends in all aspects of the forum. For the longest time the elite have resided here to dictate RP, but now those who are flooding into our group have a name and voice they can use to express their opinions in what issues may come up.

If you want to make things unfair though, we can say that only those from Uzu and Ame can vote. But this is an open poll, and anybody who has or is willing to make a forum account has a part in this, whether we like it or not.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 12, 2015, 10:44:56 PM »

Giving people reason to vote one way or another, just short of bribery, seems pretty fair to me.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2015, 10:46:32 PM »

Totally predicted this.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2015, 10:50:03 PM »

lol, if this is the game we're going to play, like I said before, we're going to play this game then.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2015, 10:55:04 PM »

But if anything, I see this as an opportunity for more voices to be heard. The new forumers have a new-found power that they should be aware of. Their vote and voice. This extends in all aspects of the forum. For the longest time the elite have resided here to dictate RP, but now those who are flooding into our group have a name and voice they can use to express their opinions in what issues may come up.

....what voice? They have been degraded into robots following a command that they have no real opinion of. Who's to say this tactic won't happen again. You took a RP argument to the forums and need support? Message the robots!!! -_-

Humanity lost a point today. Well 2 points since both sides are going to have to do what they feel they must in order to win.

Some of these people may never visit the forum again for reasons we have all seen. There are DAYS I had to waste hours of gameplay just to support/refute an argument. I would not wish that upon newbies. I rather enjoy the game.

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2015, 10:55:50 PM »

Thinking more and more about it I do not like how there's an 'ultimatum' that we have to choose. Ame or Uzu. I get that Neji wanted us, as a community to vote, but we all see how that turns out. It spirals down from actual facts about the villages such as Uzu is more active or Ame has waited longer to where it is now....trying to decide who can and cannot vote who is 'cheating' who is doing this or that.

And yes who wouldn't ask someone to vote for them? That's kind of what all people do to get something they want. It's not cheating. Hell, I'd even say it's smart.

In the end you need to vote and get people on your side. There's no point in turning every little thing into an issue. Comment facts on why or why shouldn't Ame or Uzu get a village board. Not snarky comments or subliminal insults to each other.

I hear a lot of people say the forums are a bad place to be yet are you trying to make it better?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2015, 10:57:53 PM »

So tell me, what's so unfair about it? From what I understand, it's just a suggestion. You guys are making it sound like they have to vote for one party. They are individuals, and can decide for themselves whether or not they want to vote in this. Some people I've asked say that they're voting for Uzu, which is fine with me. I don't ostracize, cut them off or look down upon them for that. It's their vote.

Tell me what I did wrong. Tell me what rules I broke.

Don't let your personal feelings or opinion for one side cloud your judgement in this. Even with the reasoning others and myself presented for Amegakure to get a village board first, it was ultimately decided that what results the poll brings is final. Even if Ame loses, I will be still be content. But that doesn't mean I won't be hoping to win too.

....what voice? They have been degraded into robots following a command that they have no real opinion of. Who's to say this tactic won't happen again. You took a RP argument to the forums and need support? Message the robots!!! -_-

Humanity lost a point today. Well 2 points since both sides are going to have to do what they feel they must in order to win.

Some of these people may never visit the forum again for reasons we have all seen. There are DAYS I had to waste hours of gameplay just to support/refute an argument. I would not wish that upon newbies. I rather enjoy the game.
You could say that about politics in general. But we have a board for discussing that.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2015, 11:04:42 PM »

Message the robots!!! -_-
Hello :)

Also, I put out a blanket post to all the Oto members that said there was a voting going on in the forums and to pick one if they wanted.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.