Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

Name of the village will be....

Amegakure
- 23 (41.8%)
Uzushiogakure
- 32 (58.2%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: October 20, 2015, 04:30:27 PM

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: New Village Proposition?  (Read 34414 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Re: New Village Proposition?
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2015, 02:22:05 AM »

It's odd, and at the same time not odd that more people are voting in this thread.

The introduction of a new village into the village board system is sure to bring in many people from SL to the forums. In actuality though, it's just renaming the village board. It is the same area but with a different name designation. It'll have the display name be Uzushiogakure or Amegakure at the end of this poll, but perhaps in the actual coding, it'll still be named HiddenOto or Iwagakure.

This also shows that some people don't like to get too much into the logistics and argument aspect of RP. Mainly because they don't care, or would not like to face harassment of any kind, either the latter be intentional or not.

So far though, this poll has brought out 45 voters out of a theoretical 464. Wherever this poll goes one way or another, there is more than twenty people from each side who would still like the other village to get a village board as well. Perhaps more if voters for the opposite side is also willing to contribute. How it would be implemented is either renaming Jiseigakure, or creating a new village space for travel entirely for it.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2015, 02:28:37 AM »

IT's just gonna be cool to have another land to explore and rp.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2015, 02:45:51 AM »

What I don't get is why we couldn't rename Jis and Hidden Oto. Jis isn't even being used right now. All this poll did was pit two villages against each other for no reason. Why I thank Neji for giving us this opportunity, this can be all solved by making Hidden Oto Uzu and Jis Ame. We wouldn't be campaigning right now and we would be rping.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:46:32 AM by Genesis »

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2015, 02:49:52 AM »

What I don't get is why we couldn't rename Jis and Hidden Oto. Jis isn't even being used right now. All this poll did was pit two villages against each other for no reason. Why I thank Neji for giving us this opportunity, this can be all solved by making Hidden Oto Uzu and Jis Ame. We wouldn't be campaigning right now and we would be rping.

From what I understand Uzu or Ame is taking over Hidden Oto's spot.

Jis is remaining as is.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2015, 02:52:44 AM »

Jis is remaining as is.

But Jis is useless. It's the deadest thing ever...is there any legitimate reason why Jis can't be replaced?

Ѕhadow

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2015, 03:02:06 AM »

Jis is remaining as is.

But Jis is useless. It's the deadest thing ever...is there any legitimate reason why Jis can't be replaced?

It's the capitol in SLverse. Neutral territory for peace. Holds the good buffs and such. Could it be turned to something else? Sure, but it holds it's place in SL.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Genesis

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 13, 2015, 03:07:50 AM »

Jis is remaining as is.

It's the capitol in SLverse. Neutral territory for peace. Holds the good buffs and such. Could it be turned to something else? Sure, but it holds it's place in SL.

I mean, that's cool and all, but if we were to hold a poll on Jis vs Ame, which one would win?

That's a rhetorical question, but I'm pretty sure we know the answer. All I'm saying is that there's no reason to antagonize two parties to each other. Who ever loses this will be salty. There's no reason to do that.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 03:10:03 AM by Genesis »

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 13, 2015, 03:08:44 AM »

Wellllllllllllllllllllll I mean my overall objective is similar. >>; But more of everyone's friend ;o Gingers ftw.

Vail

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2015, 03:39:30 AM »

Wellllllllllllllllllllll I mean my overall objective is similar. >>; But more of everyone's friend ;o Gingers ftw.

Gingers unite! Then we'll steal the souls of all our en---I mean we'll make nice with the other villages.  :D

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 13, 2015, 04:39:59 AM »

Hmm....
I'll be in talks with others to see if there may be, other resolutions as well. ;)
For *now* though, the poll will decide.

Now, let's give this topic a break for a bit.
I think all are getting tired.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 04:41:29 AM by Ace »

Court

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2015, 05:29:25 AM »

You people aren't even real gingers... gosh.

So, I vote for Ame...

I'm kidding, I voted for Uzu. Sick joke, I know.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2015, 10:53:10 AM »

I think the easier solution to make both parties satisfied is to just change Jisei to Ame. As far as I'm concerned, Amegakure is the equivalent to Jiseigakure in the manga, in that it holds a neutral stance in the ninja world, is autonomous, gets along with the majority villages, and tends to not get themselves involved in the political conflicts of the outside world. It's not that huge of a loss, really. The village itself won't get changed, it can keep all the good buffs for all I care. The only real significant change is the retitling of said village.

Yes, I know Jisei has a place to some veterans' hearts as the neutral capital of SL, but is it really that bad to change the village? Like Genesis said, it's the deadest thing ever and buffs, and a few goofy one-liners aside, people barely visit that village for no reason ever. Besides, nostalgia is not a good thing anyway. It's actually healthy to objectively look at the game's flaws without rose-tinted glasses. Changing Jisei to Ame is surely to bring in more activity than Jisei could ever manage. Yes, I know Jisei is the Land of OOC, but if people really want to relax from all this RP gimmick, they can easily just change the comments section from RolePlay (Active) to OOC with a single click, or head to either the Gardens, Mission HQ or Clan Waiting Room.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 01:31:30 PM by Snap »

Snap

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 13, 2015, 11:07:37 AM »

Also, on another note, if Neji changes Hidden Oto to Uzushio or Ame, could you please get rid of the village's immunity to PvP? It honestly ticks me off that the majority people are using that village as a safe haven.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2015, 01:15:38 PM »

Personally I like to keep Jisei just the way it is.
Having a village of neutrality may play a role one day.
Remember the Kage Summit? It took place in the Land of Iron where its position was neutral.

Snap

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2015, 01:34:39 PM »

Personally I like to keep Jisei just the way it is.
Having a village of neutrality may play a role one day.
Remember the Kage Summit? It took place in the Land of Iron where its position was neutral.

It's not like there are many people on SL who bothers to RP as Samurais, myself and a couple of few minorities aside, so this entire Land of Iron idea is sort of pointless in my opinion. Otherwise, I'm all game for it, if only there were more Samurai RPers.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 01:35:00 PM by Snap »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.