Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

What is the best course of action for dealing with the biju? (please comment as well as a safeguard against multi-account voting)

Amend (in any shape or form) the biju rules
- 15 (45.5%)
Abolish the biju rules entirely
- 3 (9.1%)
Abolish the biju system altogether, removing official biju from roleplay
- 15 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: September 23, 2015, 04:03:09 PM

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Poll: Biju Rules  (Read 33243 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Poll: Biju Rules
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2015, 10:10:49 PM »

it doesn't really count as amending the rules. but neither does it count as getting rid of the bijuu.

either way, we are tied as to the two main wishes of amending and getting rid of bijuu.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2015, 01:48:20 AM »

There is still figurative time! I can re-open the poll and those in that middle fork can choose one or the other. Just say the word.  8)

I am, much like Uetto, totally fine with completely ignoring the tailed beasts if a tie is going to be treated as "let's work on amending the rules anyways".
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2015, 01:49:28 AM »

and for those who do not choose to ignore the bijuu, it is nice to have discussion going for improvement of the system.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2015, 03:58:12 AM »

How about we abolish SL so we can all quit and be free of this place? All of us are trapped in here with each other.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2015, 04:06:45 AM »

How about we abolish SL so we can all quit and be free of this place? All of us are trapped in here with each other.

You're free to leave. <3
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2015, 04:54:22 AM »

I say the 15 of us just never rp with the 15 of them ever again.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2015, 04:58:32 AM »

I say those who wish to amend the rules should build a giant wall, keeping those bijuu abolishers in their own country.
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2015, 06:01:40 AM »

I say those who wish to amend the rules should build a giant wall, keeping those bijuu abolishers in their own country.

Keep the rule amenders and any of their constituents on their side.  :twisted:

All jokes aside, nobody up for a switch of votes? I am now an even sadder panda.  :cry:
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2015, 06:19:05 AM »

All jokes aside, nobody up for a switch of votes? I am now an even sadder panda.  :cry:

Doesn't it kind of defeat the point of having the vote if after the results are posted people can change sides to change the result?

I mean we tried to have a discussion about it and there was a tie, wouldn't it be kind of crappy for one side or the other to win now because someone went, "**** it, I don't care, I'll just change my vote so there's a winner." ?
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2015, 07:19:42 AM »

it is certainly not something the 30+ of us could make a site wide rule anyhow.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2015, 08:18:55 AM »

Doesn't it kind of defeat the point of having the vote if after the results are posted people can change sides to change the result?

I mean we tried to have a discussion about it and there was a tie, wouldn't it be kind of crappy for one side or the other to win now because someone went, "**** it, I don't care, I'll just change my vote so there's a winner." ?

If my memory serves, the results had been posted for those who voted long before the poll actually closed. Naturally, we would want to avoid cases where lots are cast just for craps and giggles.

Deathstroke

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2015, 08:23:22 AM »

If my memory serves, the results had been posted for those who voted long before the poll actually closed. Naturally, we would want to avoid cases where lots are cast just for craps and giggles.

I meant the final result. It just seems weird to do that. If one choice had won and there was no tie would you have still offered people a chance to change their vote and change the result? If not I don't know why it's offered now.
"Where do you see yourself in five years?"
"I don't know, I don't have 2020 vision."

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2015, 03:51:31 PM »

I meant the final result. It just seems weird to do that. If one choice had won and there was no tie would you have still offered people a chance to change their vote and change the result? If not I don't know why it's offered now.

If there had been a winner (even by a close margin) there would not have been a need to. However, with it being a 50/50 split the results do not give a whole lot of actionability to either side (biju don't get banned in general, and amending the rules is not fully supported either, though talks will be held about amendment in the meantime). Because it was a tie with the middle option having 3 votes (an odd number) then had that option not been included, theoretically we would have had a clear if not close winner one way or the other rather than the tie situation that we have now.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2015, 08:50:55 PM »

or those three people, not being provided an option they wish, would have not voted at all and we still would be tied.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2015, 09:04:21 PM »

or those three people, not being provided an option they wish, would have not voted at all and we still would be tied.

I think that would have been unlikely, but possible.

Nevertheless, what now? This was a worst-case scenario situation almost quite literally, so unless we're fine with biju banners and amenders going their separate ways in RP, we have to figure out something.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Page created in 5.087 seconds with 22 queries.