Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Poll

What is the best course of action for dealing with the biju? (please comment as well as a safeguard against multi-account voting)

Amend (in any shape or form) the biju rules
- 15 (45.5%)
Abolish the biju rules entirely
- 3 (9.1%)
Abolish the biju system altogether, removing official biju from roleplay
- 15 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: September 23, 2015, 04:03:09 PM

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Poll: Biju Rules  (Read 33241 times)

Ratatosk

• View Profile
Re: Poll: Biju Rules
« Reply #150 on: September 26, 2015, 09:18:03 PM »

I had a crazy though seemingly inefficient. I say for 3 months we ban biju if it showing to cause problems  after 1 month at least a poll can be opened to go to the amended rules the mount of votes to switch is at least 30% more, rather then how the US handles president impeachments with two-thirds vote.

But, what is democracy in 'official' SL RPing when it is mostly been an oligarchy.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2015, 09:40:35 PM »

I've already voted for a temporary ban of the biju, but others don't seem to want to do that.

*breaking away from topic*

As for being an oligarchy, I don't see it as that, SL itself is small. The forums are free for anyone and everyone to use. They're free to post and so on.

I remember when Bec, Ichirou, and a few others weren't even known on SL and now they have forum accounts and are given free reign to discuss things.

Maybe you're speaking of Me, Eric, Kayenta, and others when that word pops into your mind? The way I post, what I post, and so on is different than someone else, but that doesn't give me (or this oligarchy) automatic power over anyone. Bec could very well say something and everyone else agrees with him.

It's a small group of people who control a small group of people; themselves.

I've already said this before. We do not go out of our way to make sure everyone on SL follows us. It's when they take the time to go on here, want a biju, and so on that they enter themselves in here.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2015, 10:03:34 PM »

Well truthfully how will the bijuu effect rp one way or the other? I mean with respect to these two distinct camps avoiding each other in rp, as someone proposed to do?

So I am pro-rule change. How many people rp with me these days anyway? I don't even have a bijuu nor RP with anyone who does other than Warren, Madara...and that is hardly an issue as all nayeli is doing is trying to incite the bijuu to revolt against his host - his agenda anyway - while she serves coffee. Ah yes, Raihana and Neala are around the Zero tails with Ryoji but whoop whoop, as if despair isn't their whole world anyway? Large chakra pools? Of no concern. Who doesn't have one? What else could possibly impact my characters with or without bijuu anyway?

To me it's just not an RP situation that will change my RP one way or the other. Which is quite sad when you think about it. The bijuu should have been used more effectively in RP and the loss or continued existence of the beasts should impact the storylines going on in the world more than that.

About the only person who I RP with where the bijuu seem to effect storyline at all is Warren. It has been years since the whole village had to go out and chase down a host run amok and seek to control him as he tried to master his bijuu. These days people don't hardly bother with such a public display of trying to master their beasts. Which, as I said, is just sad. It's almost as if they are scared to show themselves as being the least bit vulnerable to the overwhelming power and strength the beasts posses. And they do possess that power. The best friend scenario takes years of hard work and being bonded to the beast and many successes and failures before that sort of relationship is even possible. But like so many things, this lengthy rp gets the fast track either due to whatever reasoning is going on or the quick turn over of hosts before such an event can occur.

I know with Yugito, when she became a host for the second time, I pulled the canon prior relationship out of my hat. And it was a good thing too for the number of challenges flying at my head would not have permitted me to do RP anyway. All in all being a host was a complete waste of my time, for I am here for the RP not the hassle matches turned out to be so I ended up giving it back to Zenaku and was much better off for it. Again, sad, cause Yugito with the Nibi just tickles my sense of what can be right with the world. Oh well, she has her Neko mount for the forest fighting.

Oy, didn't mean to go into whine fest 2015 there but...just some late afternoon reflections during an RP lull.

Too funny.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2015, 10:32:43 PM »

Well truthfully how will the bijuu effect rp one way or the other? I mean with respect to these two distinct camps avoiding each other in rp, as someone proposed to do?

The village boards are already split in RP and OOC mostly for people want want to do random shenanigans can without being a burden to others RP. So how will that work out? Of course without one being considered "OOC" and what not."

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2015, 11:09:17 PM »

As my post had basically said, most forward. :D
But at the same time, I saw this coming- tie or no tie. =)

The frustration exhibited by the rest of SL continues to amaze me.
But as I say, those remaining silent are at fault as well.

Becquerel

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2015, 11:39:01 PM »

I think she meant it as 'How will bijuu effect RP in a story sense'. Because like she stated, the large chakra pool that the bijuu is supposed to grant you is already in use by everyone ever. Super speed/strength? Nope, don't need a bijuu for that either. Only thing it really does is give you a bijuu chakra cloak if you choose to use it, but there's so many other chakra cloaks/auras/trousers that are out there.

Very few people who have Bijuu actually use it in their RP. Or at least many more people do the same thing a bijuu can do without one at all, basically making it a moot point. At least that's what I got out of it.

Personally, I don't care whether it's used or not. If they're not used, people will replace them and find things to argue about still. If they're used, people will still argue. Such is life lol
100 push ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running every single day.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2015, 11:52:29 PM »

Honestly, It is really difficult to explain why this is just a stupid idea when people have no intention of listening to an opinion that does not cater to their ideals, but I’m gonna give it a shot.

First off, getting rid of Biju is unfair for those who have spent significant amounts of time fighting just to get a chance at earning a beast. This is a painstakingly long process that most of us have had to go through, and to throw it away is literally a slap in our faces. Just because some of you don’t actually care what happens, does not mean others don’t. In fact, I care very much what happens, because this is my ONLY reason for playing SL anymore.

Second, the beasts are not the problem here; the people are.

What I mean by that is people only fight over beasts because they grant the highest buffs this RP world has to offer. There is no one here who can deny that tailed beasts provide the largest chakra pools, strongest techniques, and overall highest prestige when it comes to in game items, while staying *legitimate *(Keyword).

Except maybe Warren, because he argues literally everything that I say.

If you take the beasts away, all that will be left are in game items, and village ranks. So give it a month or two, and topics will start to sprout up about people who are battling to collect weapons, or maybe coveted techniques, and the arguments will be just as heated as the Biju topics.

It’s not the beasts who are flawed, it’s the community as a whole. We are the ones who start the arguments. We are the ones who break the rules to keep what we want. If you truly believe that the beasts are what is causing all the Drama, then you are truly ignorant to the world around you.

Seeing as I am the one preaching, I’ll go ahead and use myself as an example.

I have already decided that if the beasts are voided, I am going to fight and kill as many people as I can IC before Ryoji’s inevitable demise. Why would I do that? Because I am here on SL to fight for the highests stakes I can.

At first it was the beasts who I wanted, because it was something I could strive for that actually amounted to something slightly important. It was something I could focus my time on here on SL.

Though with those goals being taken away from me, I must look elsewhere for entertainment; and what higher stakes are there than your character's life? Years of hard work that can be taken away at any time. It’s great! Not only that, but there are a number of people on my shit list who I would sell my lung for in order to grind their hard work into dust. The reason I don’t do that is because I have something like tailed beasts to occupy my time and focus my energy into, as opposed to ruining the game for other people like I openly plan to do should this actually come through.

Of course that example is a bit extreme, but you get the point. People strive for conflict, that's why something like world peace is an impossibility…

Too philosophical? Yeah I thought so too. 

Getting rid of the beasts is a temporary fix, to a permanent problem, and I’m blown away that you all don’t see that.

Just as a hypothetical, say we do ban the beasts. What is to stop someone from just claiming all nine of the beasts, and waiting for their inevitable reinstatement? I mean, if he did the RP to collect them all, then who are you to say he does not have them? Sure they were void by the handful of people who use the forum, but now they aren’t, and he did all the legitimate Rp to get them. Do you plan to ignore his hard work because he did exactly what has been suggested a number of times, and simply ignored the people who voted to ban the Biju? Food for thought.
If you can't beat them, eat them.

-Jeffrey dahmer

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 27, 2015, 12:03:47 AM »

Numerous times over the years I have had to readjust my rp goals. Why? People leave, I get to be the loser in a conflict, some plot changes my character's life and so on. The story evolves. I stay because I love to RP.
I dont' care if it's peeling potatoes, sealing or extracting bijuu, or blowing up Konoha on a cool date with Cmage.

I am sorry that you have pigeonholed yourself in this manner though by limiting yourself to one goal and only placing meaning on that one goal. I feel you have much more to offer the community than being a host.

But I get what you are saying. Hey, it is finally your turn and what...we are quitting and going home now. Come on guys you suck!!!!

Still, it is impossible to ruin my hard work, my characters, my rp, my fun here. many people have tried over the years and yet I remain. so...it is so simple too...
ha ha...uhm, no, kay, thanks, bye-bye. You burn the deck of cards? I will make more and continue that late night poker game at Osa's, raising my brats, training people and myself...questing for adventure, and stealing a peek at Asadi when he streaks by. I am here till Neji gives up the ghost on this old realm and sends us all packing.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 27, 2015, 12:12:01 AM »

Numerous times over the years I have had to readjust my rp goals. Why? People leave, I get to be the loser in a conflict, some plot changes my character's life and so on. The story evolves. I stay because I love to RP.
I dont' care if it's peeling potatoes, sealing or extracting bijuu, or blowing up Konoha on a cool date with Cmage.

I am sorry that you have pigeonholed yourself in this manner though by limiting yourself to one goal and only placing meaning on that one goal. I feel you have much more to offer the community than being a host.

But I get what you are saying. Hey, it is finally your turn and what...we are quitting and going home now. Come on guys you suck!!!!

Still, it is impossible to ruin my hard work, my characters, my rp, my fun here. many people have tried over the years and yet I remain. so...it is so simple too...
ha ha...uhm, no, kay, thanks, bye-bye. You burn the deck of cards? I will make more and continue that late night poker game at Osa's, raising my brats, training people and myself...questing for adventure, and stealing a peek at Asadi when he streaks by. I am here till Neji gives up the ghost on this old realm and sends us all packing.

It's not that I have limited myself to beasts alone. I said I fight for high stakes, and as it stood Biju were the highest I could go without ruining the game for others.

Though that was not the focus on my Post. The main point was that people will fight for any reason, and Biju are just the most popular. Take the Biju away, and people will find the next best thing to fight about.

-Jeffrey dahmer

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 27, 2015, 12:13:39 AM »

I just find this entire poll to be hilariously idiotic due to the number of people who have argued vociferously to be rid of the Bijuu when, they do not Rp with the general public, haven't played SL in a number of years, have never been apart of the Bijuu affairs, and now come out of the woodwork and are rallying for a change that literally has no effect on them. Like honestly, some of these votes need to be reconsidered and then made null.

Oh I know I'm going to grab some heat here for this, and for those of you who know I'm speaking of you in this post, crawl back into the corners of obscurity where you belong and please leave the things that so many people hold precious alone.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 27, 2015, 12:21:39 AM »

and there we have it. i get what i want or I am going to act horrible and be as hateful as possible.

yes...it is the people, not the bijuu.

many times I have broached the subject of sportsmanlike behavior.

oh well.
I am off to enjoy my day. have fun folks.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2015, 12:23:19 AM »

and there we have it. i get what i want or I am going to act horrible and be as hateful as possible.

yes...it is the people, not the bijuu.

many times I have broached the subject of sportsmanlike behavior.

oh well.
I am off to enjoy my day. have fun folks.

And classic passive aggressive Kayenta. :D You have a fantastic day.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

Rusaku

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2015, 12:28:00 AM »

I mean, it's not like that small interaction didn't just prove my point or anything >.>

-Jeffrey dahmer

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2015, 12:29:48 AM »

This topic is going nowhere. Lock maybe? Seems we're going ahead with amending them already, yes?
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2015, 12:32:22 AM »

This topic is going nowhere. Lock maybe? Seems we're going ahead with amending them already, yes?

If the rules are amended, then we are going to end up in the same situation we are right now. I'd rather not care if we abolish the bijuu and do Dart's idea, that way we have at least a good plan and no one pissing on each other over something stupid.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries.